Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Ex told me she's pregnant. I blocked her.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 backcreek7
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Ex told me she's pregnant. I blocked her.Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
^^^

.... The sad part of this entire affair, seems to be that it all could have been prevented ~ had your mom used an effective form of birth control ....

heart / sun
 oldwxman
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Ex told me she's pregnant. I blocked her.
Posted: 10/23/2018 4:54:59 PM
2ufo:

He's not being deceitful when he implies (i.e. says he'll call) that the relationship isn't totally gone when it's already been zombified?
...Like others here, I see misconduct on both sides

I see misconduct on both sides too. We was deceitful. No question about it. Still, the OP is the one seeking our advice and not his ex lover. If she posted, I'm sure I'd be singing a different aria. The advice that I am giving him is what I believe to be best for him and him alone based upon my knowledge of what happens to common men. Luckily, it is all second hand as I am childless.
2ufo:

and pity any child that emerges from either of their collective loins.

Who doesn't? The elephant in the room is that IT IS NOT HIS CHILD. No matter what a DNA test may say, he can never have any influence in its life. That is how the law works. It is best for the OP to never get attached to it. Obey the law obviously but make her PROVE it.
 hemingway234
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2018 8:51:29 AM
Since she really could be pregnant OP, I think you will have to bite the bullet, make amends, go along with this, and deal with her until proven otherwise. If she's pregnant and it's yours, you have a responsibility.
 spot4username
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2018 9:03:49 AM
Am I the only one who reads a person's post history?
 2ufo
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2018 9:29:49 AM
Wxman…
Here's the OP's incitation for advice:
I'm not wrong here, don't give into crazy right?

In other words, he's not here so much for advice...
(no matter how badly he needs it)
...he's here for justification.

I agree he needs to talk to a lawyer and have stated that as well.
He also needs a DNA test done on this (maybe imaginary, maybe real) child if she doesn't get an abortion.
No need for you to paint all women as crazy and vindictive.
If he's like this in real life, I suspect his ex-gf may be crazy and vindictive but I also suspect she wasn't until she met him.

Who doesn't? The elephant in the room is that IT IS NOT HIS CHILD. No matter what a DNA test may say, he can never have any influence in its life. That is how the law works. It is best for the OP to never get attached to it. Obey the law obviously but make her PROVE it.

Agreed with the DNA test but I think you're a little over the top here about saying this is how the law works because that's not what I've seen in my divorce case or the divorce cases of people I know.
Still, I think it's best the OP never gets attached to this child.
He'll make a terrible parent.

Spot...
I try not to be aware of a poster's previous posts.
It makes it more entertaining when I don't know what to expect.
 lnitia
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2018 11:28:40 AM
Pregnancy is three people- to feel duped refuse to discuss options/outcomes etc- go ahead-but then keep trap shut about abortions/adc/child support-female reproductive rights- vote pro choice..Wear a condom with nonoxynol 9- every time- and ensure woman is using diaphragm- or other preventative/barrier contraception. something you can witness happening every time-put that out there..future behavior Barring that enjoy bunch of crazy baby mamas
 Kevin116
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2018 1:21:53 PM

either way she's just doing this for sympathy and attention. --saying we need to talk. If you're not going to keep it what is there to talk about? Sounds like she's trying to trap me into speaking to her

Get a lawyer now I get the second job now
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 58
Posted: 10/24/2018 4:29:35 PM
Op when my mom got pregnant with me my dad said go get rid of it... And I'm here anyway. So yes, get a lawyer and get a second job. Good luck op
 lnitia
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2018 1:45:27 AM
With that fantastic emotional caring persona- any woman would trap that!!!I am on my way..now that OP's fabulousness is exposed the priesthood/celibacy is all he's got-cause they are all gonna be lining up and beating down the door for OP's donation. Sex ed any one??
 savona58
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 10/28/2018 2:13:49 PM
Ontheotherhand:

Heaven help the kid if your ex is pregnant. Both of you need to grow up. 

Listen to those telling you to contact a lawyer. If she's pregnant with your child you need to know your rights and responsibilities. Putting it off is foolish.

Yep what she said
 jlynn1955
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2018 5:39:22 PM
Hopefully she isn't pregnant. It really is a bad idea for children to have children.
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2018 5:53:34 AM
You had sex with her. You don't think she was having sex with anyone else.
That much info means she deserves your respect.
Not talking makes it all worse. You can't be blindsided by someone wanting to talk.
Agree to meet and talk. Bring a pregnancy test with you and ask her to do it while you are together. If it's negative, then say bye.
If it's positive then you need to discuss options with her. As in, what do you want. What do you think is best.
Try to grow up. You present this scenario as if you are innocent. Why did you keep promising to call and not call her? What an azzhole. I surely hope she is not pregnant.
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2018 7:06:02 AM
Plus. I don't see you saying you used protection.
So if you don't want to be receptive to talking to women you boink. Start using protection.
 marisia
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2018 7:08:37 PM
It strikes me as odd that you are blaming the girl, but you did not contact her repeatedly when you said you would.. then when you discovered she had unfollowed her on social media you felt the need to suddenly contact her and tell her not to contact you again.. rather attention seeking behaviour and now you are on here making her sound bad.

If she is pregnant, she will be scared and after not contacting her I can see why she didn’t want to be seeing your social media.

You need to man up.. see her.. go to doctors together.. and communicate face to face and make adult decisions..
next time you have sex, make another adult decision and use a condom.
 morta1ez
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 11/30/2018 5:09:44 PM
Blocking is not going to be good enough, you need to change your number, if you can, change your address. and delete your profile. remove your whole social media footprint.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Ex told me she's pregnant. I blocked her.