Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > migrant caravan      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 226
view profile
History
migrant caravanPage 10 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
lib·er·al
(lĭb′ər-əl, lĭb′rəl)
adj.
a. Favoring reform, open to new ideas, and tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; not bound by traditional thinking; broad-minded. See Synonyms at broad-minded.

b. Of, relating to, or characteristic of liberalism.

c. Liberal Of, designating, or characteristic of a political party founded on or associated with principles of social and political liberalism, especially in Great Britain, Canada, and the United States.

a. Tending to give freely; generous: a liberal benefactor.

b. Generous in amount; ample: a liberal serving of potatoes.

3. Not strict or literal; loose or approximate: a liberal translation.

4. Of, relating to, or based on the traditional arts and sciences of a college or university curriculum: a liberal education.

a. Archaic Permissible or appropriate for a person of free birth; befitting a lady or gentleman.

b. Obsolete Morally unrestrained; licentious.

n.
1. A person with liberal ideas or opinions.

2. Liberal A member of a Liberal political party.

[Middle English, generous, from Old French, from Latin līberālis, from līber, free; see leudh- in Indo-European roots.]
 platitude545
Msg: 227
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/20/2018 5:45:52 PM
"""""Point being....it is matter of perspective based upon group identity and hierachy, therein.""""

You are the one b^tching about outside influences...Hamas is just another one. So i judge others, as do you and everyone else here...and?
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 228
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/20/2018 6:08:15 PM
who are you to judge?
my family. my offspring.
our collective path?

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread

yu have a sad terrible sickness.
I'm sorry. eat moa garlic
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 229
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/20/2018 6:24:56 PM
#218 2plunk.... Yes, finding the reason why these "Migrants, Refugees or whoever is in this group" left the Honduras, and are now seeking Asylum here would be a good start.. Unfortunately, Trump could care less about that. He used this whole incident, and our military on the border as an election stunt...…

Trump, and his misuse of our military on the border is not the answer and unfortunately he could care less why these folks are here. They suited him when the election was happening..... Now, they are a afterthought.

2plunk, if it's any consolation it could be this.... Our midterm elections put a check on Trumps power. And, many here in USA are recognizing him for the liar he is.
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 230
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/21/2018 8:42:29 AM
just watched a protest in Tijuana... the Mexican citizen were none too happy about the migrants. they were mad because the migrants came through improper means. ie without doing the paperwork. Tijuana will likely end up with many of them... Even though they are unwanted.

it's not a refugee caravan... they are migrants coming to make better money than back home.
at least the few interviews I saw.

Dorame... (great name btw)
wanting to make better money is not a reason to ask for asylum.
nor is a political march and refusing to follow the rules, laws, and procedures...
The proper way to go about it.

john, ironic isn't it? but I think most of the noise and venom comes from the rabid liberals.
those who cannot get over themselves and their own hatred... need trump to fixate on. or those they deem to be different.
can you imagine waking up everyday with that level of discomfort and harboring that hatred and being unable to feel good about life? must be tortured by their own doing..
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 231
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/21/2018 9:30:54 AM
"why the hell should immigrants have to pack up their belongings and leave home?"

>>>well, Honduras is the original "banana republic", which is to say, our fruit companies ran in, took over the government, and swayed things their way. This didn't help Hondurans create an independant nation (societies that have a long history of a certain government style, tend to be more comfortable with it, ie, suddenly going into a democracy when a country is weak, can lead to other forms of government quickly being voted in, like strongmen), and then a hundred years later, Reagan saw Nicaragua as a Communist threat, and sent semi-covert soldiers into Honduras to run over-the-border operations. which meant we needed that country to bend to our will. After that, the Bush war on drugs deported/exported the drug gangs (ie, members who were illegals) of california and new mexico and texas back to Latin and South America, and those bad guys started up branches of their gangs (bloods, crips, MS-13, etc) that overwhelmed local law enforcement. But most recently its the drugs--our crackdown on Mexico and Columbia (another country barely holding on) has made Honduras.

sending a regiment down, alas, is a bit like the old Vietnam--we might own the day, but the enemy will have the night or any other time we turn our back when the bill for it all comes due and its politically inconvenient.

alas, for such a superpower, a lot of our foriegn policy has blowback baked right into it....
 platitude545
Msg: 232
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/21/2018 9:49:40 AM

john, ironic isn't it? but I think most of the noise and venom comes from the rabid liberals.
those who cannot get over themselves and their own hatred... need trump to fixate on. or those they deem to be different.
can you imagine waking up everyday with that level of discomfort and harboring that hatred and being unable to feel good about life? must be tortured by their own doing..

Not feeling good about life...feeling all sorts of hate...is that why you deny the holocaust and wake up with night terrors and sweats...? You are the expert on not feeling good about life...why don't you tell us what it is like?
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 233
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/21/2018 12:19:04 PM
I don't own or sleep in sweats. I let it all hang out...

but see, this thread is not about you.
It is a discussion of the MIGRANT CARAVAN.

you are obsessed and stalking. commenting about me on other threads....
refuse to discuss the topic, just throwing insults to strangers on the internet.

I really do hope and pray you get some help.

same with those migrants.
you both choose your fate and act a victim...
 platitude545
Msg: 234
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/21/2018 12:54:32 PM
You are kind of like john...you repeatedly ask to be condemned and then complain when you are. When did you get over your night terror and sweats? I can cite the posts if you would like.

The migrants have chosen their fate and to be victims? Boy are you a trumponian, supremacist, ahole.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 235
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/21/2018 1:19:05 PM

You are kind of like john...you repeatedly ask to be condemned and then complain when you are.
seriously? I shared why many dislike the immigration and not only did you assume much about me, you have 2 full pages of insulting me! had you just swept me under the rug, I may of just left but that isn't good enough! just keep it going with insults and assumed faults while I exposed yours and YOU proved them to be true! is this thread about the MIGRANT CARAVAN or about all those you despise? if you care to talk of the caravan, immigration or related topics, I can forget those 2 pages but if all you want to do is insult and assume, I am just not interested!
 platitude545
Msg: 236
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/21/2018 2:39:07 PM
^^^^^oh please...your post 38 I believe:

ME:
^^^^craftsmen have specialized skills, if competent are always in demand and have never been replaced by immigrants,

YOU
what a racist thing to say!! I know plenty of immigrants that are skilled craftsmen

Your very first post to me you accused me, for absolutely no reason, of being a racist. You told me a lot about yourself in that post....so do I kind of have a dim opinion of you...well yea I guess I do. You are not in the same category as Hopeless....who lives in a world of hate...but clearly you are an angry man with a bug up his rear-end.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 237
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/21/2018 3:00:32 PM

^^^^craftsmen have specialized skills, if competent are always in demand and have never been replaced by immigrants, but i get you have to have somebody to blame. Trump gets it too.
the REST of your quote. right out of the gate, you started your crap. now just let it die!
 platitude545
Msg: 238
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/21/2018 3:06:26 PM
^^^^ and this has what to do with being a racist? Let me restate...if a specialized craftsman can not make it in a society where there is a shortage of skilled craftsmen all over the place...well I guess you have to have somebody to blame but yourself...and Trump gives you that scapegoat doesn't he.

Skilled Masons have all the work they want given all of the construction in the country (which only now is starting to quiet down as we head into recession)....why the fuk are you blaming immigrants who can't compete with your skills? You are the fuking racist...not me...especially if you support Trump.
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 239
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/21/2018 3:34:32 PM
john... I can see why immigration and this caravan might be a relevant topic for you and other tradesmen. don't be discouraged by the troll... she gets off on being abusive and playing these games. she reads what she wants to read into things and thinks in black and white.

as for the assertion that immigrants never take skilled work from citizens...
pew has some statistics.
some masons have 36% of the workforce taken by immigrants. both legal and not.
how many out of work citizens need a job at a decent wage?

Why add to those problems?
we have laws. follow them... or be a criminal.
you want to come here to work or to beg for asylum?
Go through the proper channels.

oh.. it is a racist thing to say that immigrants can't do skilled labor.
just like when you said "the gypsy class of people"...
racist to the core. supremacist. flagrant.

you have your nose too high up in the air to see it.

vvv nicely put john. sane folks see that and can have a civil discussion.
again, she twists her bean while trolling this place. don't take it personal.
it's gross. think of all she must be compensating for in her life....

johnfromzelie
Msg: 240
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/21/2018 3:39:22 PM

Skilled Masons have all the work they want given all of the construction in the country (which only now is starting to quiet down as we head into recession)....why the fuk are you blaming immigrants who can't compete with your skills? You are the fuking racist...not me...especially if you support Trump.
ignoring the "fuking racist" I will explain AGAIN! while there is always work for the better workers, wages have been stagnant for years. many blame 'part' of that on the number of illegal immigrants working for cash. over 90% of residential work is done by them so ya, maybe a few of the displaced workers 'assumed' THEY would still have those jobs if not for the flood of lower payed cash workers. even in the commercial field, it has enough to hold the wages lower. how all this fits anyones idea of what is right or wrong was never my point. my point was that they had GOOD jobs but now only the best have okay jobs and the immigrants now have the jobs they once had. being latino, left wing or from outer space has NOTHING to do with it! from the FIRST post, you called me racist and denied this situation even existed. NOTHING to do with race, trump or even right wing! THIS IS WHY MANY FEEL THIS WAY ABOUT IMMIGRATION!!
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 241
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/21/2018 3:43:37 PM

she gets off

what's this 'she' crap<<<
Don't ya know the PC pronoun is 'they'
we are now a genderless society dude/dudette/do what?
 platitude545
Msg: 242
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/21/2018 5:17:04 PM
Masons earn a solid middle class income:

According to the BLS, brickmasons and blockmasons earned a median wage of $49,250 in 2016. The highest earners brought home $84,100, while the lowest earners netted $30,070. Apprentice masons earn roughly half of what experienced workers do.

Few immigrants are going to have the skills, without an apprenticeship, to be a mason:
https://www.mymajors.com/career/brick-mason/skills/

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwirw6Gy6ubeAhXBMXwKHX6_AFUQzPwBegQIARAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pewresearch.org%2Ffact-tank%2F2017%2F03%2F16%2Fimmigrants-dont-make-up-a-majority-of-workers-in-any-u-s-industry%2F&psig=AOvVaw3rgWJssKSkdPJE3TLRDjs5&ust=1542935931775533
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 243
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/21/2018 5:25:15 PM
why would you think immigrants couldn't be a mason?
there are brick building's in other countries... we didn't like patent that.
in your eyes they can only wash dishes... not cook?

plus the whole 36% of (masons) workforce ALREADY being immigrants...

ummmm
wow
I had no idea

vvvvv
as for trump and tax breaks... that's two floors down in the trump and tax break isle
this is "caravan" (spoken as Brad Pitt in 'snatch')
oh... Trump made those tax breaks for you to take advantage of too.
ambition more.
 Carnival_Fishing
Msg: 244
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/21/2018 5:31:27 PM

... many blame 'part' of that on the number of illegal immigrants working for cash.

I've had roofing work done on my house, and the roofer wanted to be paid cash, in exchange for a break on the price.
I've had car repairs where the mechanic wanted to be paid cash
I bought car parts and tires at a shop where they want to be paid cash
I had body work done on my car at a body shop, where the shop owner wanted to be paid cash.

What did the all have in common, besides charging a lower rate in exchange for cash payment? They are all home grown local guys-not immigrants. So it's not just immigrants who are looking for a job where they get paid under the table. When Trump introduced a tax break for the super rich, who benefited from the tax break? Of course, it was Donald Trump. Why isn't there an uproar about that? I wish I could give myself a tax break.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 245
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/21/2018 6:28:33 PM

why would you think immigrants couldn't be a mason?
there are brick building's in other countries... we didn't like patent that.
in your eyes they can only wash dishes... not cook?
ya, and I am racist? I have hired LEGAL immigrants and refugees. I paid them according to skill, not race. hired 2 refugees late '90's that weren't worth having, yet a kept them and considered it a donation to the less fortunate. being a third generation mason and starting in business at 19, I know a few masons. hired hundreds if not in the thousands and many more when you include all employees. have many friends that are masons and know how much they make and how often they work (laying brick is dependent on weather). I know what the union guys get, the regular employees, the 1099 and the cash. having literally being around this trade since birth and working in it since 13, I know I tiny bit about it! surely not as much as a quick google search that excludes the cash or 1099 workers but enough to know who is doing the masonry work and what they earn in my area. after dismissing all of that as an outright lie, consider all those others 'making it up' and all of them believe it=WHY the are against illegal immigrants.
 LeFouGamboj
Msg: 246
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/21/2018 6:29:16 PM
Msg 240

while there is always work for the better workers, wages have been stagnant for years. many blame 'part' of that on the number of illegal immigrants working for cash./quote]

You are only partly right; wages have stagnated amongst workers in the lowest rung (ie; unskilled laborers), because non documented workers have largely filled a void. This void was made by a segment of Americans who would not in any way relegate themselves to doing "menial" work. I myself, have never come across an American parent who encouraged their son or daughter to make a "career" as a produce picker; a waiter, a ditch digger, etc.

over 90% of residential work is done by them so ya,

you might need to cite some valid sources that state that 90% of "residential work" (whatever that encompases) is done by "illegal" workers. Even if that were true, in such large numbers, have you ever wondered why so many employers (large and small) get away with doing this on such a grand scale???

maybe a few of the displaced workers 'assumed' THEY would still have those jobs if not for the flood of lower payed cash workers.

You cannot be displaced from a job that was never sought after.

my point was that they had GOOD jobs but now only the best have okay jobs and the immigrants now have the jobs they once had.

You are making a pointless POINT! Because the (so called) GOOD jobs that were here in up until the 1960's are all gone! These "good jobs" were in the MANUFACTURING field. A time when, toys, TVs, camaras, shoes (Florsheims), tools, appareil, etc; were all made in America. And we still needed immigrants (illegal & legal) to do the "dirty" jobs in this society, as we do today! Subtract the exit of the Manufacturing jobs (thanks to both parties), and what do you have left? The service sector! The service secor is amorphous encompassing many types of work at varying skills. Tradesmen are part of the service sector but require a high skill set that cannot be done by illegal unskilled migrants; henceforth, you still have a void in the unskilled service sector jobs; where the non documented workers have gravitated into

THIS IS WHY MANY FEEL THIS WAY ABOUT IMMIGRATION!!

well, perhaps you can tell us how the "many" felt about Mr Trump bringing in all the non documented Polish migrants doing work at his Mar-a-lago residence!

Msg 242

Few immigrants are going to have the skills, without an apprenticeship, to be a mason:

^ agreed
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 247
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/21/2018 7:02:57 PM
sweet chlamydia,
I'm of the opinion she should always get off...

edit:
itsalufungu chooch

rednwhiterider
Msg: 248
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/21/2018 8:34:13 PM
I took too long to find out music notes are called.

sweet chlamydia!

come on everybody....
you know the fucking tune
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 249
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/22/2018 5:52:03 PM
chlamydia... my joke was poor.
forgive.
to be heard to tune :Sweet Caroline
nyet Neil young
In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.

mr. diamond
to be clear...

happy harvest let the raiding begin
there is a pumpkin seed bake being held in you hand tonight and would be proud if you'd
accompany me tonight, and not get too mouthy.
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 250
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/22/2018 7:05:10 PM
God replace hand with area and mouthy with forward.

but I refuse to beg pardon of my sins.
they were all exemplary.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > migrant caravan