Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > migrant caravan      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 vlad dracul
Msg: 251
view profile
History
migrant caravanPage 11 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
So on the news over here we get coverage of the migrant caravan. Embedded reporters. Some very harrowing scenes of mothers with bairns.
So this is roughly the figures being mentioned...............

"The Associated Press reports that the number of migrants has swelled to about 5,000, but an official in Mexico has put the number as high as 7,000."
https://www.npr.org/2018/10/21/659327955/migrant-caravan-grows-to-5-000

Yet sky news reports that a lot of mexican citizens are disgruntled............

"Tensions have risen in Tijuana as members of the Central American migrant caravan continue to arrive at the Mexican border city, while US troops continue to tighten security along the frontier.

On Sunday, anti-caravan protesters chanted: “Out Hondurans, we don’t want you here”, “Tijuana first” and “Long live Mexico”, and waved Mexican flags and signs reading “no to the invasion” and “no more migrants”.

The group, which at its height numbered about 300, gathered in front of a statue of the Aztec warrior Cuauhtémoc before making their way to a sports complex serving as a temporary shelter to about 2,500 migrants from the caravan."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/19/mexico-protests-grow-in-tijuana-against-migrant-caravan

Violence and poverty seem to be the main causes. So i would say allow families through to be held somewhere until they can be screened and their stories verified. No one wants their bairns living in a war zone (although some cities in america seem quite close).

As for single folk travelling i think it causes problems. Economic refugees are not asylum seekers. And as such i would say that economic refugees are not americas problem.

Merkels disastrous policy of allowing the worlds poor into germany would i think be seen as a warning of sorts.

The vast majority of those arriving were young single males who could not be classed as asylum seekers. And why did europe need hundreds of thousands of young (mainly) males when youth unemployment is horrific.........

"Reality check: Youth unemployment in the eurozone has been stuck between 19% to 25% for the past eight years. In Spain and Greece, it's north of 40%.
For comparison, youth unemployment in the U.S. is just below 10%."

https://money.cnn.com/2017/04/13/news/economy/europe-youth-unemployment-france/index.html

America will not be doing the south american poor a good turn by allowing those already at the border into the usa.

This will then send a message to others to do the same. Globalism is a big part of the problem. Where the only thing that matters is neo liberalism, profit and cheap exploited labour.

Even flip flop clinton can see the way the wind is blowing.
 platitude545
Msg: 252
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/22/2018 8:43:01 PM
Thanksgiving alone again huh hopeless? and you go crazy before our eyes. Try not to be such an obnoxious twit and maybe some women or relatives will invite you to their feast next Holiday.
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 253
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/22/2018 9:49:06 PM
tell it vlad.... yet they will refuse to lend you a minute.
like the troll here needs someone to kick even on a holiday like today.

how admirable.

edit to add:
youtube
how to basic
how to do homework
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 254
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/22/2018 11:22:37 PM
rip Nikki
you little bastard.
today I got to cut all my hair off.
and you were found.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 255
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/23/2018 1:41:34 AM
And as for the migrant caravan and the humanitarian situation. Is the 'outrage' the intolerant illiberal liberals feel because of their unhinged TDS?

Because they certainly do not give a fvck about this that the obama administration helped facilitate............

"Yemen: up to 85,000 young children dead from starvation"

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/21/yemen-young-children-dead-starvation-disease-save-the-children

And why are shermanlands intolerant illiberal liberals who throw their crocodile tears at the migrant caravan because of their TDS not up in arms about the democrat administration under obama who have helped cause misery, starvation and war crimes in yemen?

Ooops forgot. That was THEIR president who was in charge............

"More than a hundred and forty mourners were killed and five hundred were wounded in the strike. Afterward, Yemeni investigators unearthed a tail fin of one of the bombs.

The serial number indicates that the bomb, a Mark-82—a sleek steel case eighty-seven inches long, twelve inches in diameter, and filled with five hundred pounds of explosive—was produced by Raytheon, the third-largest defense company in the United States.

The bomb had been modified with a laser guidance system, made in factories in Arizona and Texas, called a Paveway-II. The weapons are sometimes referred to as “dumb bombs with graduate degrees.”

“They had been sold to the Saudis on the understanding that they would make their targeting more accurate,” Mark Hiznay, the associate arms director at Human Rights Watch, told me"

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018/01/22/how-the-us-is-making-the-war-in-yemen-worse
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 256
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/23/2018 10:54:40 AM
it took them almost two minutes to turn off my mic.
now it's haywire
 Carnival_Fishing
Msg: 257
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/26/2018 8:52:15 AM
I wonder if the flow of migrants would decrease if the U.S. had a policy, where people seeking asylum would have an easier time getting into the U.S., on condition they are willing to live in Alaska or the northern mid west-where winter temps can drop to 20 or 30 degrees below zero with a few feet of snow-for a minimum specified period of time.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 258
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/26/2018 9:20:20 AM
I have mixed feelings on that. the obvious, if truly seeking asylum, they would take it! you would definitely get arguments for taking someone from a tropical environment and placing them in an artic one. it would be a valid argument but far from the deciding factor. my biggest concern would be how it effected those already living there.
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 259
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/26/2018 4:06:33 PM
here is a video... just a minute or two,
but it help illustrate what asylum seekers might look like.

youtube: "most shocking second a day video"
by: save the children
(60some odd million views)

far from what an economic migrant looks like, don't you think?

i would gladly welcome true victims of the first order.
just not the ones of the second.

work visas are already a thing...
this caravan is propaganda.
they are preventing legal access to legal citizens by causing a stink.
wonder how much money is lost in Tijuana if the border is closed?

vvv
I don't shop for that sort of "thing" either...
let true seekers of asylum go through the process.
as many as we can hold.

boats have occupancy ratings for good reason.
women and children first, for good reason too.

watch the video.. (s).
worth a minute of everyone's life, no matter ethnicity.
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 260
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/26/2018 4:18:47 PM
^How about we take in some Yemen women and children? No one seems to care about the atrocities happening there.

"wonder how much money is lost in Tijuana if the border is closed?"

Apparently, a lot. The Mexican nationals in Tijuana are protesting to throw the "invaders" out.

What is the equivalent to "Uncle Tom" for hispanics? Anyone know?
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 261
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/26/2018 6:25:04 PM
tió Tom jeffe
In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.

shelomith is a good read too... very relevant.
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 262
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/26/2018 6:26:33 PM
^LMAO! Good one. :)

Tio Tomas? But does it have the same connotation?
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 263
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/26/2018 7:21:21 PM
does it have the same connotation?

worse because the laws create more visceral citizens there.
or so is the argument. lol chiraq
I have never really found a problem too big to outlive...
anywhere. but I'm still looking.

rednwhiterider
Msg: 264
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/26/2018 9:46:46 PM
youtube save the children in reverse.

rednwhiterider
Msg: 265
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/27/2018 12:38:10 AM
I'll have 4 eggs easy, sausage biscuits and gravy, hashbrowns, bacon and both kind of sausage,
chicken fried steak n white gravy, two pots of coffee and a cantaloupe with extra ****ing butter please.
and toast or tortilla with a favor...
maybe some apple butter.
or I really like preserves...

gluttony is a long hard rode
 2Irish123
Msg: 266
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/27/2018 5:12:19 PM

^How about we take in some Yemen women and children? No one seems to care about the atrocities happening there.

Actually many people do. Apparently these people wouldn't include the current administration that has placed profit over humanity and keep selling arms to the Saudis to be used against the Yemenis.
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 267
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/27/2018 5:43:27 PM
^Maybe if Obama hadn't of given pallets of cash to Iran this humanitarian crisis wouldn't exist.

2Irish123
Msg: 268
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/27/2018 5:46:35 PM

^Maybe if Obama hadn't of given pallets of cash to Iran this humanitarian crisis wouldn't exist.

Complain to the World Courts which ordered the US to reimburse Iran for weapons purchased in the 70's but never delivered. The original amount ordered by the courts was roughly twice that which was finally agreed upon...you're welcome for the history lesson.
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 269
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/27/2018 5:50:36 PM
^Did the World Courts tell him to do it in the dead of night, too? And in exchange for an American traitor?

Lmao!

2Irish123
Msg: 270
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/27/2018 6:08:24 PM

Did the World Courts tell him to do it

I'm glad you admit the courts ordered repayment. It's not often a tRump (ahem) republican (the opposite of conservative republican) admits defeat.
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 271
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/27/2018 6:13:37 PM
Except for the tiny fact that I am not a Trump republican or a registered Republican of any kind.

Sorry to disappoint. :)

It is interesting that you needed my (alleged) confirmation to support your theory, though. Hmmm....

vvvv Based upon your logic....that makes you an Ahole. ;)

2Irish123
Msg: 272
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/27/2018 6:17:51 PM

Except for the tiny fact that I am not a Trump republican or a registered Republican of any kind.
Sorry to disappoint. :)
It is interesting that you needed my (alleged) confirmation to support your theory, though. Hmmm...

Looks, acts, smells like a duck...tRump tells us it's a pig...ok...now I've seen a cross between a duck and a pig. I still don't believe that pigs can fly.
 cotter
Msg: 273
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/28/2018 12:14:35 PM
Message 267 ...
Maybe if Obama hadn't of given pallets of cash to Iran ...

It was their money ... not ours.

President Obama gave it back to them because it was negotiated as such.

http://time.com/4441046/400-million-iran-hostage-history/
... $400 million that Iran in the late 1970s had paid for U.S. fighter jets, while Tehran was still a U.S. ally. After it turned into an enemy in 1979, Washington was not about to deliver the jets. But, all these years later, Iran wanted its money back—and with interest.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 274
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 12/1/2018 9:44:48 AM
and one of the things the Iranians spent it on, was helping Syria fight ISIS in its own country. and probably the Quds Force spent some of it fighting ISIS in Iraq.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > migrant caravan