Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > migrant caravan      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 101
view profile
History
migrant caravanPage 5 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
"ok, so you don't think illegal migrants can be mechanics or plumbers"

>>.in parts of the US, one can find laborers hanging out at the Home Despot to do construction at private houses. do the rich hire these workers? i doubt it, i'd think they'd want bonded, insurance, licensed contractors who know how to get permits, but hey, Lou Dobbs LOVED to demonize illegals and yet...he hired them to take care of his million dollar horses for his daughter. But i'm betting the customers hiring these workers are middle class who need a mother-in-law apartment for grandpa to live with them. if that's true...does it help the middle class to have access to this cheap labor?

"s it completely inconceivable to you that having an abundance of people willing to work cheaply at the bottom of the ladder will have a ripple effect at every rung of the ladder?... and with a more pronounced impact on the rungs closer to the bottom?"

>>oh, it makes perfect sense it helps. farmers say they can't get americans to pick their crops, and what they'd have to pay would make produce unaffordable to the middle class. and who made WalMart the largest purchaser of goods, next to the US government? I don't think its rich people buying the made in china crap, its middle class and lower who can buy things b/c WalMart squeezes each source of goods to sell. but back to that living situation with Grandpa, in my home state a nursing home costs $10,000 each month (medicaid pays for the first 3 months, thinking you're a goner anyway if you're going in). but if you get a "live in companion" from an agency that vets the aid, insures them, and drives over a replacement when they go on vacation...you're getting a young immigrant. Instead of paying $120,000 a year to a nursing home, you pay $52,000 to the agency and your elderly parents stay in their home longer. you mentioned Roger, who with a computer program, makes complicated roofs affordable to home owners who used to just have simple houses, and perhaps the value when they go to sell, increases.

so, it helps the consumer. Does it hurt the worker? well, i posted about waiting 4 weeks for a repairman for my fridge. he said they have few workers, as platitude mentioned. Unemployment is down now. John mentioned:

"to give you an example, I took the company from open shop to union 20 years ago. at the time, masons were paid $16.00-$25.00 depending on their value to me. when I went union, wages were $22.00 so I dropped the hacks, gave a select few raises and obviously kept the top men."

and there was a mention someplace about trucking companies firing the senior workers to rehire at half the cost. and you've mentioned scabs. I assume, all these people fired and hired are...not undocumented, but american citizens? seems like there's a long history of wages going up and down in fields, and it seems like it all was done by people inside the company, making economic decisions. it seems to be an age-old problem of supply and demand, and people getting paid what the market will bear, even when the market is made up of citizens, not non-citizens. but of course we're heading into election season, so all of a sudden Trump wants an executive decision that would ban any child he's had with immigrant wives. so much for all that whining about Obama's EOs.
 Seamist474
Msg: 102
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/2/2018 3:06:48 PM
"Military families are well versed in their loved ones being deployed during the holidays. Or anytime for that matter so no "working against" them.
What I have recently experienced, the rank and file of the US military love Trump.

Military folks would love Trump, they are used to being sheep, following orders, following blindly.

I don't know if I was a military wife and mother if I'd be happy knowing my partner might be shooting up stone throwing starving people looking for a better life for their children...or caging the children.

I'm wondering what the military, and Trump, would do if 15,000+ people stood as a human shield between the AR-15s, tanks, rocket launchers and those tired/hungry/thirsty stone throwing men, women and children.
 cotter
Msg: 103
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/3/2018 9:14:00 AM
Message 92 ...

^Deployment is already ocurring. Tent cities are being built by the Army Corps of Engineers as of this posting.

Military families are well versed in their loved ones being deployed during the holidays. Or anytime for that matter so no "working against" them.

What I have recently experienced, the rank and file of the US military love Trump.

Message 102 ...
Military folks would love Trump, they are used to being sheep, following orders, following blindly.

Yes ... that is the way they are indoctrinated in boot camp. Never question orders and never question opinions of your CO's! They have to indoctrinate them like that because they have to be sure that they (the military underlings) will never question an order no matter how illegal it is, no matter how immoral it is ... no matter how wrong it is!

I don't know if I was a military wife and mother if I'd be happy knowing my partner might be shooting up stone throwing starving people looking for a better life for their children...or caging the children.

Most military spouses/partners are so embedded in the ass of their active military partner (who in turn is embedded in the ass of the CIC) that they wouldn't question what their partners are doing.

I had a recent conversation with just such a military "wife". She firmly believes that her husband is bound by law and oath to follow the orders of the CIC and subsequently his CO because the CIC would never order him to do anything illegal or immoral or in any way, shape, or form anything wrong.

She stated that she trusts her husband's judgement in following said orders and she also said given that, she has no need to read or even consider any other opinion. Done!

I'm wondering what the military, and Trump, would do if 15,000+ people stood as a human shield between the AR-15s, tanks, rocket launchers and those tired/hungry/thirsty stone throwing men, women and children.

I would love it if we could manage to do that ... I'd take off work to go there and join them!
 daynadaze
Msg: 104
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/3/2018 9:32:25 AM
Really? Military wives are just like any other groups of wives, I know my daughter doesn't sit around like some clone, worshing as feet of her husband. None of the other wives I've met do that either.
 calliopedreams
Msg: 105
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/3/2018 10:42:14 AM
Trump does not seem to understand the role/authority of various gov't entities (big surprise, right?).

DOD has rejected the DHS request for troops it viewed as emergency law enforcement at border.

The Posse Comitatus law forbids the US military from enforcing domestic laws, unless there's no other choice. Military analysts say Trump can easily use the National Guard, US Marshals or personnel from Immigration and Customs Enforcement to back up border officers if need be.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/02/politics/white-house-pentagon-troops-border/index.html

Of course, the White House can grant additional authorities to the DOD. We'll see.
 cotter
Msg: 106
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/3/2018 1:55:00 PM
Message 104 ...
Really? Military wives are just like any other groups of wives, I know my daughter doesn't sit around like some clone, worshing as feet of her husband. None of the other wives I've met do that either.

Your experience is the same I witnessed during the Vietnam conflict ... at an airbase not far from town when I was active in the USO. Those wives had a voice and they used it. That was then, but now I'm seeing more and more wives and spouses leaning towards total worship.

It wouldn't surprise me if it's a new trend as the guy in the White House expects "worship" as well.
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 107
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/4/2018 4:42:22 PM
one of those sad scared boys feel the same?
maybe those folks worship (warship) different things.
my warship? local and total.
 Carnival_Fishing
Msg: 108
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/9/2018 5:46:21 AM
Two cases of mass murder in recent weeks, schools are like prisons because of the fear of mass killings, daily killings by guns throughout the U.S., and what does Trump focus on as the biggest threat? The "invasion" by the migrant caravan. Trump tells his followers to fear them more than home grown killers who have easy access to guns.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 109
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/9/2018 9:26:22 AM
yep, he'd rather sell racism than the economy. and the red states swallowed it whole when voting for their senators. so he does know his crowd only too well. Fear and racism, they don't want anything else--or they'd vote for anything else. Max Boot is right. i do understand, they are a homogenious region, likely filled with an older generation that doesn't like it when they "can't recognize" america, while the younger crowd has left for the blue states making more income.

it is what it is.
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 110
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/11/2018 2:52:10 PM
does the blue side pay you guys to act obsessed and turn every conversation into
you are right and everyone who disagrees is the devil?
 platitude545
Msg: 111
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/11/2018 3:33:28 PM
^^^obsessed? Thats pretty ironic from a guy who spends most of his time on stormfront, denies the holocaust, despises israel and jews for having the temerity to successully defend themselves, believes utter bullsh^t he reads on his hate forums, brags about being hung like a horse, claims to have a 160 iq and is the most fuked up person to ever post on pof.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 112
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/11/2018 4:33:58 PM
Notice>>> As of 11/11/18 I have not heard of any mention of this caravanic, migratory menace.It seems to have exceeded Trump's attention span or interest level. So, on to the next distraction.....

In otherwords, now that the election is over, Trump is now slapping our friends [ France, Germany. Canada and basically Europe] in their faces and making himself, and.... US …. Look like chumps. His not showing up for that WW 1 Vets. honorarial is a prime example.

What migrant caravan....??? That was last elections [weeks]flavor IMHO... And, after he insults our allies, what next?
 daynadaze
Msg: 113
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/11/2018 5:27:12 PM
Alt-right sites tell them that non-Trump supporters are all mad, scared, obsessed, etc. it is part of keeping them in line, voting and give Trump full control. Just like they say all democrats are atheists, baby murders, etc., all mind control. Yawn. (Twilight Zone music)
 Carnival_Fishing
Msg: 114
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/11/2018 5:38:00 PM
"His not showing up for that WW 1 Vets. honorarial is a prime example."

You would think the president who has a Purple Heart (lol) would at least honor fallen soldiers while in France. In case anybody forgot, a war vet gave his Purple Heart, that he earned in combat, to Trump, prompting Trump to say: "I always wanted to get the Purple Heart, and this was much easier than serving in combat."
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 115
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/11/2018 5:42:26 PM
should I be ashamed about how long and thick my protuberence is every morning?

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.

edit:
the migrant caravan is the topppppic.
Trump gets under your coat.
you are mifffffffed.
lol. join me in your loco'est local establishment.
or be more cleAr with your wording.

clown
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 116
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/11/2018 5:53:30 PM
So, Trump was given a Purple Heart from a vet... And he couldn't brave a little rain to attend this honorarial?

Or, maybe Trump didn't want to ride in a motorcade. thru France? Maybe Trump didn't want to encounter protesters en route? After all, and if so, the fake news would just take footage of it. It'd be all over the news for all to see.... That's not winning.

Yup, better to stay behind rather than risk protesters, bad weather [rain] and bad press. Better to diss vets and our country. Just what I've noticed lately.
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 117
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/11/2018 6:04:23 PM
Msg: 113

Alt-left sites tell them that non-Obama supporters are all mad, scared, obssessed, etc. It is part of keeping them in line, voting and giving the Democratic Plantation full control. Just like they say all republicans are racist and homophopic, etc, all mind contro!

Yawn is right. Flipping the script is easy.

Free thinking and discussion...aparently, not so much.

Ad hominems are just so lazy!

Msg: 116
"So, Trump was given a Purple Heart from a vet... And he couldn't brave a little rain to attend this "honorarial?

Is dishonesty the best you have to offer? Pitiful.
 mungo_joe
Msg: 118
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/11/2018 6:25:57 PM

Yawn is right. Flipping the script is easy.

As is... apparently... passive-aggressive twattery...

Free thinking and discussion...apparently, not so much.

Which... no doubt... accounts for above...

Ad hominems are just so lazy!
Is dishonesty the best you have to offer? Pitiful.

Million_Reasons
Msg: 119
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/11/2018 6:31:34 PM
^What was passive about it?

Seemed rather direct.

Is your cute, little emoji exemplar of how you "free think"??

Do better.

Make America Debate Again!
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 120
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/11/2018 6:36:43 PM
Msg 117.... OK then, you got me. If I was dishonest I'll now make amends. Here is my honest opinion.

Trump is afraid to get his hair wet because it might dissolve or that the color will bleed onto his clothes and Cheeto powdered makeup. He also can't stand crowds unless they're all worshipping him. How's that?
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 121
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/11/2018 6:43:49 PM
^If inclement weather grounds Marine Force One....do you think the President can just hop in his limo to get to the destination?

Serious question.
 Llove2laughtoo
Msg: 122
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/11/2018 6:57:23 PM
Somehow everyone else was able to attend, including the White House Chief of Staff John Kelly.

Cadet Bone Spurs refused to honor America's fallen soldiers because he was afraid to get his stupid orange hair wet. None of the other world leaders cited security problems, and none of the other world leaders were afraid to get their hair wet. What a completely dishonorable assh*le.

Elect a Clown - Expect a Circus.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 123
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/11/2018 7:02:11 PM
#121.... Maybe he could have car pooled with Macron? Do you think the POTUS and possibly most influential and powerful man in the world had no other way of getting to this event?? It was simply low energy and lack of sufficient adoration on Trump's part. That, and protesters en route as I said.
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 124
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/11/2018 7:05:44 PM
Msg:122

Since you implied you are former US military...tell us what the procedures would be. Are there differences between the POTUS and the Cheif of Staff with international travel?

I hope you were not attempting Stolen Valor...on Veterans Day!!!

Msg: 123

"Maybe he could have car pooled with Macron?"

LMAO!!!

I just can't! I am sorry! I just can't stop laughing! :D
 Llove2laughtoo
Msg: 125
view profile
History
migrant caravan
Posted: 11/11/2018 7:34:18 PM

Since you implied you are former US military...tell us what the procedures would be. Are there differences between the POTUS and the Cheif of Staff with international travel?

Why don't you admit that your dear leader Cadet Bone Spurs five times draft dodger is a fraud, a professional con artist? A 5-time draft dodger that claimed he would have "run-in" to stop a Parkland shooter.

A draft dodger who continuously disrespects those who actually served, sad.

Elect a Clown - Expect a Circus.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > migrant caravan