Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > A man's actions are the key variable that determines whether a relati      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 backcreek7
Msg: 376
view profile
History
A man's actions are the key variable that determines whether a relationship survives or failsPage 16 of 19    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19)

nothing worse then a woman that goes around respecting herself

^^^^ I think it was the comment above, that put a damper on your whole post. You probably ment stuck up going around thinking she was gods gift to men. < Respect is trait earned by a decent person, but not flaunted in any way.

heart / sun
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 377
view profile
History
A man's actions are the key variable that determines whether a relationship survives or fails
Posted: 11/20/2018 6:49:41 PM
Pssst..…….(she whispers)I suspect someone has had one brownie too many.
 Noftheborder
Msg: 378
view profile
History
A man's actions are the key variable that determines whether a relationship survives or fails
Posted: 11/20/2018 7:01:17 PM
There’s a huge difference between self respect (confidence) and conceit. Generally, those who are conceited lack confidence and have some form of low self esteem or there wouldn’t be the need to behave in a conceited manner. I don’t see women above the age of 35 posting as being conceited or old hags living in the 70s not wanting July to date (as though they’re old and jealous of her age and/or are incapable of relating because they are no longer that age). To the contrary; I see them as emploring her to take at least “some” time to heal herself so she can have the best possible dating/relationship experiences.
 oldwxman
Msg: 379
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2018 7:07:23 PM

^^^^ I think it was the comment above, that put a damper on your whole post. You probably ment stuck up going around thinking she was gods gift to men. < Respect is trait earned by a decent person, but not flaunted in any way.

Once again, you nailed it backcreek. My aim was to indite 70's and 80's paperback empowerment. I didn't respond to the women because they don't get it. They can't get it because it is a tenant of faith for them. Thankfully, younger women and men of all ages think it comical. We can picture an old, fat woman with a chip on her shoulder tormenting fast food workers. They call that self respect. We call it obnoxious.
 daynadaze
Msg: 380
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2018 7:22:20 PM
What in the world are you talking about?
 MsMicki
Msg: 381
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2018 7:53:20 PM

We can picture an old, fat woman with a chip on her shoulder tormenting fast food workers. They call that self respect. We call it obnoxious.

Just who is it that thinks that is "self respect"???

Me thinks you have gotten yourself into a tizzy over something personal the rest of us "don't get"....
 Noftheborder
Msg: 382
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2018 7:58:59 PM
Can’t be too many brownies or he’d be more chillax. I’m thinking he ran out of brownies.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 383
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2018 8:16:05 PM
Speaking of "getting it", Thank you Noftheborder, msg 378, nailed it! Perfectly!

ETA, Maybe they were "plain" brownies! LOL.
 backcreek7
Msg: 384
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2018 9:10:04 PM
... hey ^ LIR ^ > like woof ! you lil' platipie !! (col 1 )

... msg 378

... one persons " un-earned " exaggerated self respect / confidence, may appear to another as being conceit (self love ) ...
... those that are conceited often " portray " > outward < " self confidence " , to mask the charade within ...

... I am 1/2 way confident, this could be the case ( col 2 )

... heart / ^ wtf ^ / sun

... ( munches on brownie ) ... yumm ! wow !! dig it !!! ( col 3 )
 spot4username
Msg: 385
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2018 2:10:53 AM

Someone's true colors just came shining through!

He has been showing it all along. When he used the word faggots in a post it was a pretty clear indication. I don't care what the context was. He used it as a derogatory term.

Thankfully, younger women and men of all ages think it comical. We can picture an old, fat woman with a chip on her shoulder tormenting fast food workers. They call that self respect. We call it obnoxious.

I am younger than you are and definitely not fat. You are the one with the chip on your shoulder. You show it in many of your posts. You seem angry on top of being quite obnoxious yourself.
 Rumours
Msg: 386
Posted: 11/21/2018 7:04:10 AM

He has been showing it all along.

Yep...he sure has.
Either angry old guy...drunk/high poster...woman hater

BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 387
view profile
History
A man's posts are the key variable determining whether they get laid regularly or not
Posted: 11/21/2018 9:43:25 AM
"there's nothing more unbangable than a woman who goes around respecting herself"

>>>golly, i thought waxoff was going to return home and everything was going to be honky-dory. i guess he forgot why he left his old neighborhood in the first place. still, anyone arrogant who isn't beautiful, is tedious. of course, we just ignore the bore. its the one who is arrogant and hot who gets under the skin...oh, why can't we just win them over? :)

"the best chance is an older man. he has the maturity to understand her situation. they are patient b/c they understand how lucky they are to bag a younger chick. ten or fifteen years would do fine"

>>>funny, i was watching the doc on the Monica Lewinsky affair. She had been with a former teacher before slick willy clinton. don't think older men did anything to better her life.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 388
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2018 10:38:32 AM

Disagree. That would make matters worse. There is nothing more tedious or unlikable than a woman that goes around respecting herself.

Jaysus...don't let any of that respecting oneself rub off on you.
Pontificating ole poot.
 2ufo
Msg: 389
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2018 10:45:40 AM

it's about knowing how to respect yourself so that you can get to where you want to be.

Disagree. That would make matters worse. There is nothing more tedious or unlikable than a woman that goes around respecting herself.

Sometimes it's difficult to tell if someone is being facetious in these forums but the second quote above made me laugh. Now if it was a serious comment, I'd certainly like to have an explanation of why a woman respecting herself is tedious and unlikable.

Because a woman who respects herself would say 'no' to someone who has no respect for her.
It's tedious for the guy desiring nothing but sex because he'd need to understand what respect is (acknowledgement and esteem) then respect her for something besides her hot bod and lingual skills.
It means he'd have to talk with her, get to know her as more that some thing to fvck.
A woman with respect for herself acknowledges what she is capable of doing (earning her own way, cooking dinner).
A woman with respect for herself doesn't have sex simply because of what the man can provide (financial support, a dinner). She has sex because she want to have sex with that particular man.

A woman with no respect for herself with fvck anyone who asks or insists.
Sometimes simply for the illusion of a future.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 390
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2018 12:12:18 PM

There’s a huge difference between self respect (confidence) and conceit. Generally, those who are conceited lack confidence and have some form of low self esteem or there wouldn’t be the need to behave in a conceited manner.

That is generally true but just acknowledge that it isn't ALWAYS the case, which I think you did mention. The two terms actually aren't mutually exclusive. Remember viewing someone as confident and/or conceited are generally based on perception by outsiders. The "subject" isn't necessarily aware of themselves being one way or the other. The persons behaves based on the same rules of behavior they probably behave by. Since it is human nature to be a bit self centered ..SOME might give off a vibe of being overtly so, but nonetheless confident. Then you have the inverse. I substitute the word conceited with arrogant for example. I notice women will often think a guy they "dig" is extremely confident, while in fact others who don't "dig" him will think hes arrogant. Opposite sides of the same coin indeed. It is like the phenomena that often when women like a guy they think hes "hot" but that same guy might be perceived as a "creep" by a women who doesn't like him. It is really best for all of us to only care about what "WE think of ourselves" and put very little stock in what others think. But isn't that self centered? Hence,, my assertion that is is healthy to be self centered!! MUHAHAHA
Disclaimer: I have a tendency to only read 20% of posts so I can often comment on something without realizing it has been settled already. Sorry!

Because a woman who respects herself would say 'no' to someone who has no respect for her.

True, most of the time. Of course, A true confident person does what they want to do and in some cases might say "Yes" if that is truly getting what they want. Sometimes the END really justifies the mean.

It's tedious for the guy desiring nothing but sex because he'd need to understand what respect is (acknowledgement and esteem) then respect her for something besides her hot bod and lingual skills.

Generalization a bit. Although I a not a feminist I truly gone after and attracted women who have high self esteem and choose to do so because the sex is better and more creative with confident women with high self esteem. But sometimes high self esteem women are just looking for passionate lustful sex and can care less what I (or others)think and more to the point is wanting to be treated as a hot body. Not all women are looking for the same thing every second of the day.
Incidentally, I think feminist women are often better in bed. For the love of God, I still can't fathom how 2 out of 3 women writing me on POF have always been feminists above the norm level, despite my chauvinistic profile. Opposites do attract!

It means he'd have to talk with her, get to know her as more that some thing to ****.

True, those conversations often end up sexual though I assume.

A woman with respect for herself doesn't have sex simply because of what the man can provide (financial support, a dinner).

Actually she will if such a man can provide other things she desires. It still the man "providing"(time, brains,etc) and one of the reasons women attract to rich men is power. Lets not forget power can be aphrodisiac as well.

Okay I am done with my NG type quotations for the day. Someone had to fill in!
 whiterose0
Msg: 391
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2018 12:24:39 PM

There is nothing more tedious or unlikable than a woman that goes around respecting herself.

Conversely, if a woman doesn't have self-respect, how does that make her less tedious and more likable? Do tell.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 392
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2018 12:56:58 PM
Anybody see the clip of Snoop Dogg getting his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame?

After thanking the usual suspects, he thanked himself for all the hard work, etc he put in to get to where he is today.
No false modesty there. Love it. It was perfect. You go, Snoop Dogg!

;-)
 MsMicki
Msg: 393
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2018 2:35:16 PM
^^ Yeah...I got quite the kick out of watching him thank himself for all the hard work he put in, etc!!
Classic!!
 julystorm22
Msg: 394
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2018 8:55:33 PM
I don't mean to change the convo about women and respect but I just wanted to tell people here something. Well, this week things have definitely started looking up for me. Finally Revenue Canada (the Canadian equivalent of the IRS) has finished their investigation and I got a good backpay. It felt really good to pay off a lot of my debts today, to make an eye appointment for much needed new glasses/contacts and register for all my classes for my certification. The flat tire I got on the way to taking my kids to 4H, which would have been a crisis yesterday for me, didn't even dampen my spirits. Such a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Also, finally getting my custody this past week in writing by a judge also lessened a lot of stress. Now I can look forward to Christmas whereas until now I was dreading it.
 backcreek7
Msg: 395
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2018 7:40:53 AM
!!! ^^^ Congratulations Sweetheart ^^^ !!!

... Everyone deserves a bit of " good " luck once in awhile. I and everyone here, hope your life keeps turning in that direction. All know, that at any given moment many are dis-heartened and struggling in this world. I wish for all who are going through " troubled " times ~ to have that weight lifted & experience the joys life can bring.

~ For you July, a song wishing your hopes and dreams will all come true ~

lyrics* " Sail on silver girl ( July ) ..
............ Sail on by ..
............ Your time has come to shine ..
............ All your dreams are on the way ..
............ See how they shine, as darkness fades? "

BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATERS by Simon & Garfunkel ..
> turn it up ^

heart / gobble gobble gobble, squawk / sun
 lnitia
Msg: 396
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2018 9:47:48 PM

She has sex because she want to have sex with that particular man.
2ufo fabulous!!

Yes Indeed July fabolous- what a great thanksgiving holiday wrap up story for me to Read!! Congrats woman!!

Platpie- Wow- i still do not know how to take that back creek: with barking (lol)??- but Wonderful you remember me- Had to change up my screen name due to tech problems!! (supposed to phonetically represent the old one- but looks really weird with the I represented with small l as first letter looks cap)
 backcreek7
Msg: 397
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2018 10:25:34 PM
^^^ Of course I remember you initia ! you lil' platipie you ! Please take my lil platipie comments as a complement, a term of endearment so to speak ! If I remember correctly, when first seeing the term, you were thinking ~ possible food for storing in your freezer, col ( chuckle out loud ) After all, there is nothing in this world cuter, then a lil' platipie ( & one that barks, besides that > like burrrr woof ! )

Anyhooyou ~ nice to see you back, and as always ~ appreciating your thoughts on it all ( definition of " it all " > welp ! all the stuff that comes up in these here furums ( yes furums )

& ps ? a song just for YOU initia ! check it out on youtube, bet you'll like it > tell me what you think !

*lyrics " Layin' back, sittin' in the sunshine, hot wind I drink me a little rum wine ..
............. Straw hat down across my eyes..
............. Lettin' the world go by ..
............. Music , it starts my toes a tappin', drum beat it sets my hands a clappin'..
............. Rum wine, it get my head a spinnin', turnin' around & round ..

MAMALOI by the Doobie Brothers ...
> turn it up ^

... heart / you lil' welpling you / sun
 lnitia
Msg: 398
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2018 10:28:34 PM
My Dad called puppies welps or welplings? He may have been spelling it whelps? Too chilled to look up definitions right now- Mexican hot chocolate! Family tradition!
To oldwxman- you too should try women 10-15 yrs your senior, an experience that would tickle you pink make you happy as a clam! you will feel appreciated!
 oldwxman
Msg: 399
view profile
History
Posted: 11/23/2018 12:36:58 AM

To oldwxman- you too should try women 10-15 yrs your senior, an experience that would tickle you pink make you happy as a clam! you will feel appreciated!

Funny you should mention that because I have. One of the closest and most rewarding of my LTRs was with a woman several years older than my mother. It wasn't a MILF/teenager kind of thing either. It lasted when I was between 40 and 48. She was in her 60s. Appreciated doesn't even begin to describe how she made me feel. I'll never forget her as long as I live. I know that you were trying to insult me but you did me a great kindness by bringing her back to the front of my mind today. She is someone I am truly thankful for. Part of a very happy Thanksgiving.

My advice isn't just for July. Other young women and also young men should consider it too. Age isn't the only thing that blinds people to some fabulous possibilities. There are any number of factors that don't mean squat when you are happy with someone who cares.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 400
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2018 9:05:11 AM

I just know so many examples of people that moved on after a split like mine and live good happy lives with someone new. I want that too.

Chances are, those particular people did not make the same mistakes over and over again.

I hear what your saying and I'm glad you finally told me your experiences.

I find it to be sad and disappointing that so many women make the choices that put them through those kind of experiences, rather than more positive choices to begin with.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > A man's actions are the key variable that determines whether a relationship survives or fails