Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > A man's actions are the key variable that determines whether a relati      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 476
view profile
History
A man's actions are the key variable that determines whether a relationship survives or failsPage 20 of 20    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20)

I thought I was doing God’s work. But if I’m being honest, I was doing work that made me feel good. I would volunteer in an orphanage or help clean out a house, both tasks requiring that the people who lived there had to teach me what to do. This actually took their time away from their family or their work. Yet I believed I was serving them.

I think motivated volunteering is because it does make Ourselves feel good, yes. We're social beings. Helping others makes us feel good. Also, no, volunteering in an orphanage or cleaning someone's house isn't taking away from Their time. Quite the opposite. Showing you what-goes-where and this-and-that to Start Off -- takes less time away from them than they doing it even partially themselves. Hiring a housekeeper isn't done to take time away from you, it's to add time. They're helping. I have no idea where your friend got that idea. :)

Why did I assume that they were lost, living their beautiful content lives right where they were? Why did I assume their lives needed changing?

This is white supremacy. This is colonization. White people entering a foreign land under the guise of caring to turn people into followers of the white peoples god and life.

That's not White supremacy. It's Xian supremacy. It'd be White supremacy if they didn't want "colored" people going to a particular village showing them the Xian religion to convert to + Western ways of rolling. You can say it's an avenue of Western-Civilization supremacy in terms of adopting as a way-of-life, but the strong Xian-adherence is 1st and foremost and is THE goal. Introducing a village to a Better Western-Civ to theirs is to give their Xian-adherence a positive association, so they'll stick to their changed religious beliefs.

And I say Better, because it is -- but Xianity has no copyright on it at all, nor does being white. It was fully realized by non-Anglos if we wanted to get picky, on how society can better flourish. And Xianity holds responsibility for keeping Europe's "western" civilization from flourishing, during the Dark Ages -- which were many steps Back from pre-Xian days of Western Civ (because Hey-Zeus was coming).
 Inicia
Msg: 477
view profile
History
A man's actions are the key variable that determines whether a relationship survives or fails
Posted: 1/17/2019 6:07:59 PM
^^HEy Zues- laughed my ass off!!! Great conclusion!!
 Natey2
Msg: 478
A man's actions are the key variable that determines whether a relationship survives or fails
Posted: 1/18/2019 4:26:43 AM
Re: FB quote in Msg: 451

That "missionary" appears to have a problem understanding basic Christianity.

Not all missionaries go on mission trips for ego reasons. I've never gone on a missionary trip, but I've met truly humble missionaries who gave up a lot of things the rest of us won't give up, to become a missionary.

It's not about "notches on one's cross". Helping save a non-believer is not a requirement for one's own salvation.
Christians believe that one can't be saved (eternally) unless one accepts Christ as their Lord and Savior. This acceptance has to be done out of the individual's own free volition, with an understanding of who Christ is and why He died for them; not coercion, bribery, trickery, building them a house, giving them food, etc.

Once the individual accepts Christ (and thus becomes a Christian), it is incumbent on the individual to pursue the will of Christ. Many don't, and that's not a fault of the missionary. A local church with followers helps to keep and grow their faith.
Many (not all) Christian denominations believe that once you have accepted Christ and are saved, you can't lose your eternal salvation.

The original missionary is not an eternal Spiritual Leader or supervisor of the individual; he is a messenger who goes there to spread the word and do some good for people who would not otherwise know who Christ is.
 MyTrueCompanion
Msg: 479
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2019 6:14:18 AM
The people of that tribe were perfectly happy alone, & had a reputation (and rights) of not wanting outsiders on THEIR LAND.

IMO the missionary who got killed asked for it.

That FB post was not mine, but lifted from a friend's page who quoted some other person who had a lot of exposure on social media.

But who ever originated the post, that was their experience & their opinion.
 Inicia
Msg: 480
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2019 9:00:33 AM
Accepting Christ is not about trickery bribery or rewards! I agree with that statement- so choosing Christ within/because of the reward/promise of eternal life/salvation:rather than damnation is hypocritical IMHO-the choice IMHO needs arise from resonance/respect of the tenets of living and guidance Immanuel of Mary offers- not the promise of salvation in lieu of eternal damnation-answered prayers-miracles etc! IMO that in itself is bribery and trickery>> NO? One tenet Immanuel consistently continually offered was to judge not our neighbor or burden their conscience-we would know our brethren by the love-not their title-indeed many will say they know me and i Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Happy canonized Sabbath! lol
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > A man's actions are the key variable that determines whether a relationship survives or fails