Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Time wasters      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Spectrallight
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Time wastersPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Pretty lol?

I wouldn't touch them with yours and bit of a blanket statement?
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Time wasters
Posted: 11/26/2018 11:15:15 AM
around my part of the globe, i've noticed the fake profiles are easy to find. if you spot a woman in a sexy pose in her bathingsuit and there's only one photo...its a fake profile. real women who know they are hot (b/c guys are always telling them so) and never put on tight clothing while worrying how their ass looks in it...have a ton of photos up on their profile. they seem to know exactly what product they are selling, what's it worth, and where its going to get them in life. and i don't mean that as a put down. if i were a muscian, i sure wouldn't have only one song on my resume, either.
 siisaa
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Time wasters
Posted: 11/26/2018 11:33:57 AM

Social people do not need online dating.

There is a degree of truth in this but I'd also like to add attractive (both inside AND out), well-adjusted, personable (which ties into your "social"), easy to talk to/easy to get along with and, most importantly, OPEN to finding that special someone. The vast majority of people who use these sites are not as open as they may claim to be. Otherwise, there'd be more first dates that actually lead to a second and so on.

Granted, I've known plenty of people who fit the aforementioned traits who were/are still on dating sites but the majority actually met their match in real-life. Imagine that!
 julystorm22
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Time wasters
Posted: 11/26/2018 6:13:21 PM
When you are in your 20s, there are still plenty of good available single people around but with each year the proportion of messed up people increases. This is true in real life and online. The older you get, the slimmer the pickings.

The thing for me is that the majority of people I know who got together in the last 10 years met online. I think it doesn't matter if you are social or not, some people just have more opportunity than others because they happen to be in the right line of work or the right geographical location or they are hanging around with people who know single people that could be a good match for you.

When it comes to meeting people in real life, I don't know how a person would do it because its so hard to tell if a person is single or not. A lot of people my age who are in longterm committed relationships are not married so there's no wedding ring to look at. And at age 35 there are way more people in committed relationships than there are people who are single so unless you know someone is single, no way will you try to flirt with them. What if the guy you flirt with turns out to be your boss' husband or your kids' teacher's husband. Too awkward and potentially disasterous.
 MyTrueCompanion
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Time wasters
Posted: 11/27/2018 6:00:50 AM
1-2 weeks maximum, otherwise you will be a penpal/texting buddy. Why invest time & emotion only to find out there is no mutual chemistry?
 Kevin116
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Time wasters
Posted: 11/28/2018 7:54:03 PM

Here is what you may get from dating pretty white women on POF.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mQs7iupzFg

yes, it's very dangerous to pick up women on plenty of fish. lucky for me 90% of the women you don't show up.
 ssm508
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Time wasters
Posted: 11/28/2018 8:19:03 PM
Having a first date / meeting within 1-2 weeks is a good general guideline. But sometimes it can be longer because of extenuating circumstances. Such as one person being away on vacation or a business trip. However that person should give an estimated time for when (s)he would be available.
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Time wasters
Posted: 11/29/2018 3:33:55 AM

The older you get, the slimmer the pickings.

Ironic wording because people are likely to get fatter as they reach and go through middle age. Slower metabolism, less exercise. Of course this indeed makes the pickings worse for those seeking a partner who isn't overweight.

Sometime after age 60 people do seem to get slimmer as they succumb to wasting conditions.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Time wasters