Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Cancelled/rescheduled date. Feeling vulnerable & irritated, thoughts?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Katy_124
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Cancelled/rescheduled date. Feeling vulnerable & irritated, thoughts?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Also just because it seems worth saying. When I first met this guy I had a hunch this was a person I'd have a close connection with/potentially know for a long time. The last time I felt this way I was correct and it has been one of the important connections of my life so far.

He challenges me in a way most people don't, he has been very supportive & helped me to re-focus/become more motivated in my life. So despite the issues I'm describing I just want to make it clear that my experience in meeting him has been very positive overall, which is why I'm trying to deal with the whole situation sensitively.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Cancelled/rescheduled date. Feeling vulnerable & irritated, thoughts?
Posted: 11/4/2018 9:58:07 AM

I am in my 20s & live a more colourful dating life than I'd like. Hopefully it will stabilise someday soon. :)

Well, then, it is up to you to make better choices in that regard, so that you don't end up with a track record and situation like some of the other people who post on here.
 Katy_124
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 11/4/2018 10:19:52 AM
I am trying, but sometimes a person genuinely pulls the wool over your eyes. In my last relationship, the guy seemed very genuine & comes across as a heart of gold type...but ended up cheating and leaving me for another woman right when we were supposed to move in together. Previously things have ended because it was the wrong time/wrong person but I think your 20s are for figuring these things out.

I am taking my time with dating now and being single because I want to pick a person that matches me. The good thing about the current guy is that he is open and honest, if there is something that needs to be talked about it he will raise it. My ex never did this, just let things simmer instead of talking them out, then ran off.
 Michaelisajoy
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2018 1:07:58 PM
Agreed Clytemnestra. She is playing falsely with herself or him.
 Fascinator123
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2018 11:26:17 PM
If I were you I would just send a casual message that says 'Hope to see you soon but if you decide you don't wish to meet up again I'd still like to say it's been lovely getting to know you. Please let me know one way or the other, bye for now.' That way he knows you are still up for it and would still like to meet but are not in danger of looking too keen or in hot pursuit if he has changed his mind for whatever reason. I don't blame you for being narked that he cancelled at short notice but it may just have been that he was poorly, give him the benefit of the doubt for now, you lose nothing by doing that and it'll all come out in the wash. Take care.
 dpwesu
Msg: 31
Posted: 11/17/2018 7:20:14 AM
Well.....there seems to be a lot in the so called "mix" here......but the bottom line is if YOU had to reach out to him to set up a date/venue.......then he really isn't too interested.

Not to mention he is insecure, and if he is working through some "issues", then he needs to be doing that instead of trying to date in the first place.

He left you hanging as you so put in on a day off. This is the cue to exit state left, and build your own life.....that doesn't include him.

Rule #1 never, ever wait on anyone. Do NOT ever wait around for a man, for if you do.....you will be waiting a very long time. I learned that one the hard way.

Move on, and find someone else who is in a better place in life to date.

Do not reach out to him any longer. HE isn't going to be the one to plan dates or reach out......why should he when you are doing that???? If he was truly interested, he would go out of his way to plan dates with you.
 ssm508
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2018 8:50:30 AM

Unwell? I personally only use that excuse when I want to weasel out of something I agreed to do but really felt uncomfortable going through with it for whatever reason.

He offered to reschedule and apparently the date did happen.

However, he mentions that he doesn't feel ready to be in a relationship and would prefer something more casual right now (remember he is a virgin also and was very nervous in bed first time). He asks how I feel about what he's said and I tell him what I'm hearing is 'I like you a little, but I'm really not that interested overall.' He said 'that's really not it. I like you a lot. This is about me.' He then tells me he is in therapy trying to figure out what happened during a period in his childhood.

I would be more concerned about this. I wouldn't completely write him off just yet. But at the same time don't put all of your eggs in 1 basket. Look for and date other people if possible.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Cancelled/rescheduled date. Feeling vulnerable & irritated, thoughts?