Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > DEMOCRATS TAKE THE HOUSE. THE END OF TRUMP?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 26
view profile
History
DEMOCRATS TAKE THE HOUSE. THE END OF TRUMP?Page 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
^"Kavanaugh, he's the one who will fall under the House impeachment axe, though he'll survive conviction in the Senate."

I believe that would be more of a mistake than going after Trump.

"Democratic Senators lost in battleground states after voting against Kavanaugh"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2018/11/07/kavanaugh-effect-midterm-elections/1915457002/

And Blue wave??? More like a Purple Slushie.
 apriloveswhiteroses
Msg: 27
DEMOCRATS TAKE THE HOUSE. THE END OF TRUMP?
Posted: 11/7/2018 4:00:17 PM

God, what an insult...to make God appear to be so petty that he would interfere with an election between Repubs and Democrats.....that he would grant the myopic prayers of Republicans to win their races and that he allowed a "bad thing to happen" by allowing the dems to take the house. ............................,,......You know I am a big believer in Freedom of Religion and the right to believe in God...but you nutcases belittle God...making him nothing but a partisan hack...every chance you get. Pathetic....you all are so fuked up as to be beyond words.

Well..... Our God allowed " THE BABY KILLERS" to get in power so they can keep killing!!

I do trust God, everything has a reason to be.
 2Irish123
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2018 5:22:15 PM

Well..... Our God allowed " THE BABY KILLERS" to get in power so they can keep killing!!

I do trust God, everything has a reason to be.

Almost all of the pro-life faction of the GOP is actually pro-birth, after birth that lazy little SOB better pull up baby bootstraps and get a job. And if that baby happens to be a minority, well then, we can just send him/her to some God forsaken land to fight and become cannon fodder.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2018 6:36:58 PM

That is ridiculous amounts of shekels to spend for BOTH of them. Do yous no think it is a bit obscene spending all that cash?.........

I think it's more than a "bit" obscene.

It's an absolutely ridiculous waste of money.

Which demonstrates exactly why those in power have not solved the social or economic problems.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2018 7:03:55 PM
it is a ridiculous waste to spend it tearing down the other parties 'best'! millions of dollars to tell you why XX is no good so vote for me! I would think (or hope) BOTH candidates are excellent with one slightly better or more in line with your parties 'goals'. instead we get jerry springer reruns on every ad and the only 'goal' is to stop the other side from reaching theirs. solve social and economic problems? no, just ignore what you can and blame the rest on the other party which just happens to be the same damn thing as your party!
 apriloveswhiteroses
Msg: 31
Posted: 11/7/2018 7:31:19 PM
It really is not "Dems" money!
Globalist and Soros...They need the Liberals in Power to get what they want...USA

Mr Trump is not for "sale" he is to smart for them, reason why they "most" remove him from power!
Simple as that!
 dragonbytes
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2018 8:50:06 PM
Certainly not the end of trump. He's like a skunk, the stink will last a long time.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2018 1:02:38 AM
What think ye all of 'celebrities' getting involved in politics? I was reading this morning (in between hearing about the shootings in california thats on sky news over here) about taylor swifts chosen candidate. And how ms swifts endorsement was supposed to make the democrat geezer win. He never though.

We also seen oprah winfrey (spl) waffling away at political gatherings. We get the same here. Loads of 'stars' telling us how to vote.

But at political rallies they are waffling to their own tribe. On all sides. But those are not the citizens that need to be given a gee up.

Bob geldof, bonio, obama, clinton and a host of ham actors probably put thousands of votes towards brexit.

Nowt like multi millionaires telling poor folk what to do and who to vote for..........

John
This happened in the uk and i think the interviewer was spot on with this. I don't want to hear what the other lot are doing or have done. I want to hear what THEY are offering. I want to hear them get a grilling..........

"The defence secretary, Gavin Williamson, had a live television interview cut off after he repeatedly dodged a question about his “Trump-esque” approach to Russia in the aftermath of the Salisbury poisoning.

The Good Morning Britain presenter Richard Madeley repeatedly tried to get Williamson to answer a question on Tuesday and terminated the interview when he felt it had become clear Williamson would not do so.

“What are they like? What are these politicians like, when you give them a straight question?” said a clearly exasperated Madeley afterwards.

He had asked Williamson: “You told Russia to ‘shut up and go away’. Do you regret that now? Do you think it was a bit too informal?”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/may/29/gavin-williamson-cut-off-by-tv-interviewer-for-dodging-questions
 Rumours
Msg: 34
Posted: 11/8/2018 5:05:21 AM
Well...When the President Donald gets asked a tough question here...he just attacks the reporter by calling them FAKE NEWS and tells them to sit down.....looks like your candidates/politicians need to take courses from Trump….hahaha
Yesterday he lashed out at 2 black women reporters(one he called racist) and a couple men by yelling, pointing his finger and then banning one. He also mocked numerous candidates of his own party for losing their election.

In my opinion....any elected official, President or not...works for the people.
It seems to me....they have elected a petulant, slightly damaged mentally child and they just don't know...how to handle him.
Now...that the coast is clear, he is gonna fire the people investigating him....it's quite obvious there are links with Russia...he wants quelched.
Got to love politics.

Thoughts and prayers to all...in the latest shooting....
Time to elect someone not paid off by the NRA..
 Carnival_Fishing
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2018 5:58:35 AM
"Thoughts and prayers to all...in the latest shooting....
Time to elect someone not paid off by the NRA.."

Waiting for Trump and his NRA buddies to make a public announcement, saying the solution to mass killings is to have more people with guns. They want the U.S. to go backwards, to the days of the wild west, and having gun duels down Main Street.
 Noftheborder
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2018 6:03:39 AM
Trump is the epitome of a celebrity getting involved in politics. It’s one thing for a celebrity to back a candidate or party because they back and believe most of their policies, and quite another for a celebrity to get involved in politics when they lack required fundamental knowledge of not only politics but the history and present day backgrounds of other countries and their own, together with an abject ignorance of laws. What other president would be so politically ignorant to say such things as, “We should have just taken their oil...can’t we just take their oil?”...asking that question more than once. Or, “Can’t we just go in there and kill the leader...take him out?” Just two examples of an incredible number of a celebrity having no business getting involved in actual politics, not just backing a party or politician.
 platitude545
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2018 8:22:06 AM

Kavanaugh, he's the one who will fall under the House impeachment axe, though he'll survive conviction in the Senate

That would have been a possibility if the Dems had taken the Senate too. But since it requires a 2/3rd super majority in the Senate to convict...really hard to believe Congress will waste its time...why impeaching Trump is probably off the table too. Senate will never convict...not this Senate....who bow to his every whim and who knowing put a sex offender on the Supreme Court.
 platitude545
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2018 8:30:46 AM

What think ye all of 'celebrities' getting involved in politics?

That's easy...we have a Celebrity President and look how little he knows. Experience in politics really does matter but experience in World Affairs for a President....of incalculable benefit. That is why putting the know nothing Trump in charge instead of Hillary was such a mistake and a travesty. Even if we assume Hillary was a terrible person...corrupt...none of which I believe for a second...she still would have been a good President.

Trump not only doesn't know anything...but he refuses to listen to those who do and he refuses to make an effort to learn...assuming he had that capability to begin with. When he makes remarks like the Iran deal was a terrible deal...he had no idea what was in that deal..he just knows how to persuade his non-critically thinking base. When he decides to put tariffs on China and other countries...he is taking his own advice, ignoring the advice of the experts....except for those who tell him he is doing the right thing..because in his pitiful mind...he simply believes he knows better. Incalculable damage to the world economy is coming as a result. I feel bad for Europe...it is likely to suffer even more than the US under Trump as he destroys World Trade and the World economy.
 daynadaze
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2018 8:38:50 AM
I don't think being a celebrity makes their comments anymore or less worth your time. You either agree with them or you don't. For me, watching Clint Eastwood talking to an empty chair was ludicrous, seriously, WTF? Tim Allen slamming people for not voting for Trump...really? Both of those thing turned me off, it didn't make me want to change my vote. I can't stand some celebrities and love some others, but that doesn't mean I use them to decide who I vote for. So my point is they may have a microphone, but they don't have control of my brain.
 platitude545
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2018 8:42:18 AM
^^^ true... I can't remember ever doing anything because a Celebrity suggested it or pushed it or endorsed it. I won't buy athletic shoes simply because I like Mike...but there is no question that many are influenced by celebrities...else why are they paid so much to endorse products. On the other hand, why would anybody care who Taylor Smith endorsed for Governor? Even her young, female fans would likely vote for whom they liked, not who Taylor liked.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2018 9:23:56 AM

^^^ true... I can't remember ever doing anything because a Celebrity suggested it or pushed it or endorsed it. I won't buy athletic shoes simply because I like Mike...but there is no question that many are influenced by celebrities...else why are they paid so much to endorse products. On the other hand, why would anybody care who Taylor Smith endorsed for Governor? Even her young, female fans would likely vote for whom they liked, not who Taylor liked.;/quote]

I wouldn't take celebs advice about anything outside of their own speciality, acting, singing, etc.

That said, a lot of celebs are pretty smart people, it takes more than just talent to survive at the top. On the other hand, they live in a bubble and don't have to deal with the types of problems normal people have.

What celebs do for politicians is create greater name recognition, raise money, create more excitement at rallies. Basically Trump is a celeb we elected to President, so I wouldn't entirely dismiss the power of good acting.
 platitude545
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2018 9:44:22 AM
^^^^ well..some celebs are undoubtedly smart...but I am not sure what smartness has to do with deciding who is the better political candidate. Most people will vote for whom they like, or for whom their own interests are most closely aligned.
 Carnival_Fishing
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2018 10:09:35 AM

...it takes more than just talent to survive at the top. On the other hand, they live in a bubble and don't have to deal with the types of problems normal people have.

Especially someone like Trump, who was born filthy rich. He never had to get a summer job flipping burgers when in high school, and never had a job where someone else is his boss and telling him what to do. He was always the boss from day one, telling people what to do and firing them at will-especially if they say something he doesn't like. He can't handle any form of criticism. He has a very fragile ego, but doesn't have the power to fire everybody who criticizes him (mainly the press and opponents). He fights back by hurling insults at other people and lying like a rug. And yet, millions of Americans see him as representing the average working stiff. They didn't clue in, even when one of Trump's major goals was to give a tax break to the super rich (which of course includes Trump. He wouldn't do it otherwise).
 vlad dracul
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2018 10:30:17 AM
Platy

"Most people will vote for whom they like, or for whom their own interests are most closely aligned."

And that is correct in the main. But both your parties over there kow tow to wall street do they not? And a simple fact of life is that to millions of voters wall street offers THEM nothing. But i agree on the polarisation that western nations now face.

And that old favourite identity politics plays a massive part. Whilst everyone is at each others throats whole multi million £ industries have grown who NEED conflict.

I also think it will get worse. Clinton may have been the better qualified politician but she never connected with millions of working class voters.

Yous need a party to unify the working class. But that won't happen in my lifetime.

I found this comedy central clip chucklesome................

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5V-LCZRyb3c

As for 'celeb' endorsement.................

"The Taylor Swift effect: Nashville sounds off on singer's political endorsements

More than 160,000 people registered to vote after the singer backed Democrats for the midterm elections– but some in Nashville don’t like celebrities to ‘force views’ on voters"

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2018/oct/12/taylor-swift-democrats-midterm-election-celebrity-political-endorsements
 purplerider1200
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2018 2:26:03 PM
In my opinion, you got your information second hand from CNN.

Well...When the President Donald gets asked a tough question here...he just attacks the reporter by calling them FAKE NEWS and tells them to sit down.....looks like your candidates/politicians need to take courses from Trump….hahaha
Yesterday he lashed out at 2 black women reporters(one he called racist) and a couple men by yelling, pointing his finger and then banning one. He also mocked numerous candidates of his own party for losing their election.

I sat and watched his news conference. Acosta was rude, hogging the time for questions, then pushed away a female White House page when she tried to get the mic from him. The black reporter posed a racist question to Trump, who fired back at her for asking a racist question. Most of mainstream media were very rude to him, and he would put them in their places.

Now, do you want to take the MSM's words for it, or do you want to get the actual truth, by watching one of his conferences?

You just proved that you want to be a bigger liar, by forming an opinion from MSM.

Ok liar. What's next?
 platitude545
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2018 2:32:48 PM
^^^ I saw the conference and also the doctored tape Sanders used against Acosta. Even if Acosta was rude, which he wasn't....so the fuk what. Who the hell is this President to quash the rights of the Press...and who the hell is that intern to try to take a microphone out of Acosta's hands. The arrogance of Trump and his people. Sara Sanders is going to have to live for a long time with the embarrassment of having sold her soul to Trump. Trump destroys everything he touches... Sanders will carry his stench for the rest of her life. You have been brainwashed and manipulated hook, line and sinker purple...it is quite a spectacle to see how you believers bow down before your clown of a leader.
 platitude545
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2018 2:38:09 PM
Vlad....
But both your parties over there kow tow to wall street do they not?

Yes..... everything in the USA is corrupted by Money....everything. It didn't always used to be this way...but it sure seems to be the way it is now. But for the insidiousness of the military industrial complex...for the profits, do you think the USA would be engaging in never ending wars all over the world since World War 2? Its about either creating wealth or protecting wealth...like the oil fields in Iraq. You are fortunate you don't live in a country where you might be used as cannon fodder to help enrich Lockheed Martin, et. al. or to keep oil executives well employed.... where even health care was sold out to the insurance companies and the medical industrial complex....money corrupts everything...from decisions on going to war...to medicine to research itself.
 Noftheborder
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2018 3:10:49 PM

I sat and watched his news conference.

Odd, so did I...as it was happening. How you've interpreted things Purple is not what I saw or heard. I did see a heavily flustered Trump sucking in air through his nostrils as he usually does when he's lying the most heavily. As for the page, she was trying to rip the mic from Acosta's hand, he simply pulled back on it...at no time did he push her. If you can't get something as simple as that interpreted correctly, it's no wonder you have trouble with the rest of what you see and hear.
 Llove2laughtoo
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2018 3:13:22 PM

Msg: 46
it is quite a spectacle to see how you believers bow down before your clown of a leader.

You cannot put a crown on a CLOWN and expect him to behave like a King.
 Rumours
Msg: 50
Posted: 11/8/2018 3:29:19 PM

Odd, so did I...as it was happening.

Me too....Funny how his followers think...the way he acts or reacts to people in general... is normal?
Unbelievable....

CLOWN...is right.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > DEMOCRATS TAKE THE HOUSE. THE END OF TRUMP?