Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > DEMOCRATS TAKE THE HOUSE. THE END OF TRUMP?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 76
view profile
History
DEMOCRATS TAKE THE HOUSE. THE END OF TRUMP?Page 4 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

Thanks for the laugh mahwahgirl339114, your profile says you're a Christian...hahahahahahahaha...the silly lies, those uber-evangelical Christian (white) nationalistic conservatives, tell....
maybe here ethnicity is jewish and her religion is Christian? I know black Christians and atheist irish. I also know white liberals and every race of conservative. I somehow missed the part where she claimed to be "uber-evangelical" or was that just an attempt to insult any that are not just like yourself? by the way, jesus was jewish.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 77
DEMOCRATS TAKE THE HOUSE. THE END OF TRUMP?
Posted: 11/9/2018 7:55:56 PM
I come from a mixed family, my father is Christian and my mother is Jewish which makes me Jewish by religious law. One of the downsides of POF as opposed to other dating sites (I recently wrote about this in profile reviews) is the limited options, particularly when it comes to religion. Their only option applicable to me, other than choosing just one, either Christian or Jewish, is "other religion." Being mixed is not another religion. Being mixed is very common, I used to work with an Italian married to a Jewish woman, who laughed that they have "matzoh parmesan" at home. "Non religious" is certainly not me. That's always the problem with questionnaires... not enough options.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 78
Posted: 11/9/2018 8:06:58 PM
Overall... Whoever is trying to pit Americans against each other, gets nowhere with me. I had my best friend remind me yesterday when I started to vent... She's an urban black woman, we both used to be Dems. We both walked away before the 2016 elections, around 2014-2015. I went red, she didn't vote at all in 2016, this year I don't know... and she asks that we don't discuss politics, saying that her views are private, that they are diverse and not cookie cutter and not up for anyone's judgment. As they should be... she's being classy with it.
 2Irish123
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2018 8:41:41 PM

and she asks that we don't discuss politics, saying that her views are private

This is zactly what I say to my uber-conservative friends.

Christian and my mother is Jewish which makes me Jewish by religious law.

Yet, your profile portrays you as a Christian, which is apparently how you identify yourself. That you claim to be Jewish here apparently is to fit your narrative. It's the republican way.

by the way, jesus was jewish.

Yes, just ask the Jews.

I know black Christians and atheist irish.

I'm still trying to figure out the relevance of this comment.

I also know white liberals and every race of conservative.

Same with this comment. Thing is, I don't know of any atheist Irish person who claims to be Christian or conservative who claims to be Democrat.

or was that just an attempt to insult any that are not just like yourself?

Nope. I just recall all the people who say I have a black friend, a Jewish friend, a fill in the blank friend to prove they're not prejudice. Yet, all they do is prove their prejudice by their statement. Somehow, someone who self-identifies as Christian who then claims here to be Jewish, fits that last comment.
 2Irish123
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 11/9/2018 9:02:15 PM

I come from a mixed family, my father is Christian and my mother is Jewish which makes me Jewish by religious law. One of the downsides of POF as opposed to other dating sites (I recently wrote about this in profile reviews) is the limited options, particularly when it comes to religion. Their only option applicable to me, other than choosing just one, either Christian or Jewish, is "other religion."

I gather the reason you chose Christian rather than Jewish is because you self-identify as a Christian. Yet, if you really have a dilemma with your religious identity you could simply make a brief statement in your profile to clarify. But, your profile, sans pictures, is a "will fill in later" profile...a rather convenient way of stating "I cannot take any personal responsibility for the inconsistencies between my profile and forum statement." That's the republican way.
 flowersinthelake
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2018 3:28:36 AM

YES.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2018 4:22:48 AM
And here is summit michael moore wrote just before the election. And as far as i can see he hits the nail on the head. Clinton lost because she is a neo liberal globalist and war monger.

If she had won our nations would have been at war SOMEWHERE in the world. The working class are now upsetting apple carts everywhere now. Long may it continue.............

"Midwest Math, or Welcome to Our Rust Belt Brexit.

I believe Trump is going to focus much of his attention on the four blue states in the rustbelt of the upper Great Lakes – Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.

Trump is ahead of Hillary in the latest polls in Pennsylvania and tied with her in Ohio. Tied? How can the race be this close after everything Trump has said and done?

Well maybe it’s because he’s said (correctly) that the Clintons’ support of NAFTA helped to destroy the industrial states of the Upper Midwest. Trump is going to hammer Clinton on this and her support of TPP and other trade policies that have royally screwed the people of these four states.

When Trump stood in the shadow of a Ford Motor factory during the Michigan primary, he threatened the corporation that if they did indeed go ahead with their planned closure of that factory and move it to Mexico, he would slap a 35% tariff on any Mexican-built cars shipped back to the United States.

It was sweet, sweet music to the ears of the working class of Michigan, and when he tossed in his threat to Apple that he would force them to stop making their iPhones in China and build them here in America, well, hearts swooned and Trump walked away with a big victory that should have gone to the governor next-door, John Kasich.

From Green Bay to Pittsburgh, this, my friends, is the middle of England – broken, depressed, struggling, the smokestacks strewn across the countryside with the carcass of what we use to call the Middle Class.

Angry, embittered working (and nonworking) people who were lied to by the trickle-down of Reagan and abandoned by Democrats who still try to talk a good line but are really just looking forward to rub one out with a lobbyist from Goldman Sachs who’ll write them nice big check before leaving the room. What happened in the UK with Brexit is going to happen here.

Elmer Gantry shows up looking like Boris Johnson and just says whatever shit he can make up to convince the masses that this is their chance! To stick to ALL of them, all who wrecked their American Dream! And now The Outsider, Donald Trump, has arrived to clean house! You don’t have to agree with him!

You don’t even have to like him! He is your personal Molotov****ail to throw right into the center of the **stards who did this to you! SEND A MESSAGE! TRUMP IS YOUR MESSENGER!"

https://michaelmoore.com/trumpwillwin/

Ps welcome back big yin. Try and stay out of trouble this time
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2018 7:34:31 AM
it likely makes sense, to claim the religion that one worships, when it comes time to engage in politics. Does one get judged "jewish" or "rastafarian" or some other religion by strangers who only know what one looks like? if someone can't stereotype our religion based on our physical looks, then we might as well set their agenda by telling them only the religion we run our lives by...should the subject come up.

"If HRC had won our nations would have been at war SOMEWHERE in the world. "

>>>interestingly enough, Trump has us at war in Afganistan, Iraq, and i believe this morning we stopped refueling Saudi bombers in their war in Yemen. so technically, Trump has us in war, too. i think the claim is, HRC would have begun a new war, likely syria. if so, then it puts her in league with Republicans like Bush JR who got us into Iraq, Bush Senior who also got us in Iraq and in somalia, Reagan who got us into Grenada etc. They all waved the flag of patriotism. I don't know what tony Blair did to get England into Iraq, or what Iron Lady thatcher did to get England into war over the Falkland Islands. Probably much of the same.

HRC was certainly tarred with the brush of NAFTA in the midwest. it was ironic, however, she was also accused of extending Obama policies...b/c one of his policies was to save the auto industry, which is headquartered in the midwest, while Republican nominee Mitt romney wanted those auto workers out of work (imagine the trade deficit then! of course trump hasn't been able to reduce it b/c consumer confidence still has us buying what we don't make, but to think the GOP wanted to put one of out of 6 americans out of work--oh well, they'd still vote for the one responsible and blame the black man for it all (to paraphrase trump's comment on Michelle Obama's new book) no need to break a tradition, right? well, to be fair, if you only accept news from conservative sources, you only know the propaganda).

If saving midwest jobs tied to the auto industry and enjoying the union paychecks spent in their stores was an obama policy HRC was going to continue, well....it would have benefited them to vote. and now, Trump's very tariffs are hurting ford motor company. if that translates down to the job level, then once again, midwest GOPs voted to hurt themselves (along with right to vote to kill unions that fought for their jobs, losing healthcare in an age of opium epidemics and high suicide rates, etc). the suicide rate, you may not know Vlad, it hitting high levels. it used to be just the farmers who felt disconnected from their identities, poorly respected, not recognizing the new america. now its workers joining the ranks. maybe trump also spoke to that sentiment.

Trump also spent $7 million in taxpayer funds to Carrier to not move jobs. they took the money, continued plans to lose the jobs, and were at least polite enough not to shout "see ya sucker!" this was in the state Mike Pence was a former governor--apparently he could see we couldn't spend our way out of our problems. the GOP used to lever that mantra against the Dems.

"Angry, embittered working (and nonworking) people who were lied to by the trickle-down of Reagan..."

>>>who initially gave them NAFTA, but hey...they voted for him anyway. and when his VP called it Voodoo Economics, they voted for him and he expanded NAFTA. in hindsight...these voters really love voting for the people who screw them. as long, of course, as they push the xenophobia of the GOP. when its a Dem telling them to support the change in america, they can suddenly see the screwing coming. funny how that works, right? :)
 Rumours
Msg: 84
Posted: 11/10/2018 7:48:26 AM
Good read..
Here’s Everything Donald Trump Has Done To Screw The Middle Class
By Jacob Geers, March 21st 2017
https://thoughtcatalog.com/jacob-geers/2017/03/trump-is-bad-for-the-working-class-and-betraying-his-voters/

On every issue down the line, since being elected, Donald Trump has been an enemy of the working class. He has engaged in corporate cronyism for huge business conglomerates, he has demonized immigrant workers, he has appointed the richest and least competent Cabinet in history, he has proposed a healthcare plan that would transfer tax credits from the poor working class to the upper classes, and he has proposed a budget that strips funding from programs that the poor need the most.

From this point on, nobody should begrudge anyone who voted for Donald Trump. In this last election everyone made the best choice they could with the information they had. We should, however, begrudge anyone who insists on continuing to walk around with their eyes and ears covered as President Donald J. Trump launches a war on the working class of America.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2018 8:56:54 AM
GTO
">>>interestingly enough, Trump has us at war in Afganistan, Iraq, and i believe this morning we stopped refueling Saudi bombers in their war in Yemen. so technically, Trump has us in war, too. i think the claim is, HRC would have begun a new war, likely syria. if so, then it puts her in league with Republicans like Bush JR who got us into Iraq, Bush Senior who also got us in Iraq and in somalia, Reagan who got us into Grenada etc. They all waved the flag of patriotism. I don't know what tony Blair did to get England into Iraq, or what Iron Lady thatcher did to get England into war over the Falkland Islands. Probably much of the same."

Oh dear. TDS again eh? I seem to remember bill clinton bombing the shite out of various nations over the years. But hey it's good to see the memory hole is working well.

Now son. I know most shermans are clueless about anywhere else in the world. But can i just say regarding the iraq war. It was the united kingdom who took part. Not englandshire.

As for blair? I would put him on trial for war crimes against not just OUR service men and women but also for the hell that has been created for civilians in iraq.

The hated thatcher. She was not prime minister of englandshire. She was prime minister of the uk. The falkland islands are a uk protectorate.

The military junta in argentina invaded this uk protectorate. Our military were dispatched to remove foreign troops from islands who were under our protection.

Memory hole time again mate. The saintly obama...............

"For a reluctant warrior, Obama also has smashed records for selling weaponry and arms to our Middle East “allies”, many of whom continue to wage their own wars of destruction.

Barack Obama has now been at war longer than any president in United States history, as the New York Times pointed out on Sunday. Barring some sort of peace miracle in the next six months, he will be the only president who ever served two full terms in office while constantly being at war.

One of those wars, Saudi Arabia’s, has thrown Yemen into chaos and strengthened al-Qaida, which has, in turn, led to Obama sending US troops back into the country. The timetable on that fight? “Short term”, a Pentagon spokesman said last week.

This is not to say Obama’s wars are completely comparable to his predecessors’, including those of George W Bush – his Iraq war remains the most calamitous foreign policy mistake of our generation. And with each passing year, despite the fact that no one wants to admit it, the Afghanistan war inches closer to the same.

But at least Bush fought his wars with authorization from Congress, something that Obama has refused to do with his war on Isis, despite the constitution requiring it.

Maybe this isn’t solely the Obama administration’s fault. Congress has shown itself to be cowardly in upholding its constitutional responsibility, content with the president taking all the blame when things go wrong.

But the Obama administration has continually refused put forth its own plan for an Isis war authorization beyond a couple of soundbites saying it’d be nice if Congress passed one (while also it won’t make a difference either way).

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/may/16/obama-legacy-on-war-drones-war-on-terror
 platitude545
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2018 10:45:31 AM

But at least Bush fought his wars with authorization from Congress, something that Obama has refused to do with his war on Isis, despite the constitution requiring it.

The war on Isis is not a war on a nation state...I doubt the Constitution applies.

Maybe this isn’t solely the Obama administration’s fault. Congress has shown itself to be cowardly in upholding its constitutional responsibility, content with the president taking all the blame when things go wrong.

You think...considering that since the war of 1812 against the British and Polk's war against Mexico were really determined by executive action... Congressional role has been to rubber stamp what the President seeks.

But the Obama administration has continually refused put forth its own plan for an Isis war authorization beyond a couple of soundbites saying it’d be nice if Congress passed one (while also it won’t make a difference either way).

What are you talking about...the war on the Isis terror network is simply a continuation of the war against Alqueda...can you find me any Congressman anywhere who would object to taking those terrorists on?...they are a clear and present threat against the homeland....unlike any Nation State who would face extinguishment if they attacked the US homeland.

You live in a safe little world Vlad where America has been protecting you since World War 2...give me a break....Trump is almost right...maybe you all should pay your fair share.
 platitude545
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2018 10:49:23 AM
By the way...that Guardian opinion piece is authored by a woefully ignorant man....Obama inherited the wars we have...and the arguments against him here are he tried to get out them too quickly and didn't fight them with the proper intensity...who the fuk is Trevor Trim...and why would his worthless and wrong opinion be worth as much as a bucket of piss again?...that is who you are going to use as some sort of authority Vlad...really?
 vlad dracul
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2018 1:46:01 PM
Platy
"You live in a safe little world Vlad where America has been protecting you since World War 2...give me a break....Trump is almost right...maybe you all should pay your fair share."

A 'safe' little world? How do you reach that conclusion then?

After ww2 yep yous shermans did your bit. But since the berlin wall came down exactly WHO are yous protecting us from?

Because it seems that OUR domestic terror agencies are stopping terror plots..............

Authorities have thwarted 12 Islamist terror plots in the United Kingdom since the Westminster attack in March 2017, bringing the total number of foiled attacks in the country since 2013 to 25, the head of the U.K.’s domestic intelligence agency said on Monday."

https://abcnews.go.com/International/12-islamist-terror-plots-thwarted-uk-march-2017/story?id=55146773

Maybe if YOUR nation stopped seeking conflict and destabalising nations for no apparent reason , which in turn usually drags our military in to said conflict we would not have this below..............

"UK home to up to 25,000 Islamist extremists who could pose threat, EU official warns
Number is the highest known figure in Europe, amid concern over 'known' extremists launching recent attacks"

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/islamist-extremists-uk-highest-number-europe-25000-terror-threat-eu-official-isis-islam-britain-a7923966.html

And i don't know where you are getting your numbers for contributions to nato but WE pay what we were asked to pay..............

In 2014, NATO members agreed to target spending 2 percent of gross domestic product (GDP) on defense, although the contributions remain voluntary. In 2017, only the U.S., U.K., Greece, Poland and Estonia reached the 2 percent target.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/11/trumps-nato-criticism-is-valid-europe-isnt-spending-enough-on-def.html

Now there is no point getting your knickers in a twist. Personally i get on just fine with sherman citizens. They could not have been more friendly the twice I've been there.

But i do not have to agree with american foreign policy which has unleashed a horror upon folks in the middle east and north africa. Caused untold misery on citizens in those nations.

And for what? What has america benefited from the iraq war, from the regime change in libya, from supporting syrian 'freedom fighters' who then went and joined daesh and much much more?

Can you give me a wee clue?

"that is who you are going to use as some sort of authority Vlad...really?"

I'm no using anyone as an 'authority'. It was an article i read in the intolerant illiberal liberal democrat supporting lying press.

As for daesh (islamic state) it is not the SO CALLED islamic state. IT IS called islamic state.

And as for syria the only nation outside of assads army which is LEGALLY entitled to be there is russia. They were invited by the legitimate government of syria.
 mungo_joe
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 11/10/2018 8:53:52 PM

As for daesh (islamic state) it is not the SO CALLED islamic state. IT IS called islamic state.

Ok... this one is probably MORE idiotic... than your "white hispanic" idiocy...

When something is labelled... "so called"... it does NOT mean... "nobody calls them that, ever"... or anything close to that... It means that the label... is inaccurate... unreasonable... self-agrandizing... an affectation... as in... it does not correctly describe the thing...
 Strawberry_Jello
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2018 6:23:54 AM
Take heart. If you voted to turn the house blue, you stopped the repeal of Obamacare. So your vote saved lives. No better example of voting matters. Voting SAVED LIVES!
 congupnaroad
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2018 3:54:00 PM
Msg 90

What a load of garbage.Just because the GOP want to repeal Obamacare, doesn't mean they are not going to replace it.The GOP has models that are much more equitable than Obamacare.
Obviously the Democrats know that and spread lies via the lying American press that repealing Obamacare will cost X amount of lives, which is pure BS. The Democrats don't want a more equitable system, especially if the GOP introduce it , which means they don't really give a shit about the people that elect them.
 platitude545
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2018 4:33:15 PM
^^^^^^must be a secret, hidden plan that only you know about.

daynadaze
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2018 6:32:12 PM
Please tell us what these Republican health care plans are.
 Llove2laughtoo
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 11/12/2018 6:34:29 PM

Msg: 92
^^^^^^must be a secret, hidden plan that only you know about.

The Breitbart and Infowars crowd only listen to what FauxNews regurgitate to their orange kool-aid drinkers.

The GOP (Greedy Oppressive Pricks) had 8 years to come up with a replacement for ACA. Their strategy was therefore to be vague and noncommittal until winning enough elections, and then figure out the details later. Now that the ball is in their court, they don’t know what to do.

Elect a Clown - Expect a Circus.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 11/13/2018 8:58:26 AM
"Oh dear. TDS again eh? I seem to remember bill clinton bombing the shite out of various nations over the years. But hey it's good to see the memory hole is working well."

>>and that would be my point--the Trump apologists think they made a better choice, when they got the same old leftovers. TDS, indeed.

"but at least Bush fought his wars with authorization from congress, something Obama refused to do"

>>gosh, this wasn't that many years ago--surprised those memory holes are failing at the guardian. when obama went in, the Republicans held congress. remember the promise to do everything to make Obama a one term president? Obama did want authorization from a Republican congress and they...punted. McCain famously said congress shouldn't tell a president what to do. what they really feared was that if Syria went into quagmire mode, the black man could say he had the Republicans' permission to do it. they;d rather not give the black man authority, so they could blame him later down the road.

so why blame Obama for the Republican failure to show any leadership? He's doing his job, there is precident for presidents going immediately to war when congress is in recess or can't act fast enough.

"And for what? What has america benefited from the iraq war, from the regime change in libya, from supporting syrian 'freedom fighters' who then went and joined daesh and much much more? Can you give me a wee clue?"

>>>of course, the UK has a history since the end of WW2 for sticking its nose in former colonies, and when UK and France decided to begin a war in the mideast so they could swoop in and take back the Suez Canal, america for once stood up against it (but we joined forces in overthrowing Iran in '53). what did we benefit? same as the UK, its the oil. but if you really want to get disgusted, check out the Project for the New American Century, they had a big plan to re-write the map of the middle east. and when Republican Bush was elected, his VP cheney hired neo cons from the Nixon administration to carry it out. and next thing you know, hell0 Arab Spring.

"What a load of garbage.Just because the GOP want to repeal Obamacare, doesn't mean they are not going to replace it.The GOP has models that are much more equitable than Obamacare."

>>>TDS syndrome strikes again! it wasn't long ago this happened, either, so how can it be forgotten by trumpanzees so soon? it must be TDS. The GOP got a big criticism--even from Chump!--for not being able to come up with anything remotely like a plan that didn't create a massive deficit or get rid of pre-existing conditions, a factor that kept millions of americans off insurance from the beginning.

"Obviously the Democrats know that and spread lies via the lying American press that repealing Obamacare will cost X amount of lives, which is pure BS"

>>>golly, you aren't talking about those "Death Panels" Sarah Palin kept screaming about at the beginning of Obamacare, are you? 'cause boy was that more fake news from the GOP!

but hey, that's why the swamp wasn't drained, but knocked out by the blue wave. the GOP wasn't doing f$ck all about insurance, and the voters finally woke up and realized who was out to screw them, and which party was attending to their needs.
 g0p4everVial
Msg: 96
Posted: 11/13/2018 6:45:05 PM

Just because the GOP want to repeal Obamacare, doesn't mean they are not going to replace it.

The GOP didn't have any plans to replace it........the notion of repeal & replace was a farce put forth by the Orange-man that only a fool could believe.

No "self respecting" Conservative GOP presidential candidate ever spoke of Replacing Obamacare.......because they knew it could not be done!...for them, the only realistic venue was to repeal it...as they tried to do for years

Obamacare was modeled on Romneycare.......a concept that Romney himself felt that it could solve the nation's health-insurance problem, had he be able to implement it nation wide...on a Repub initiative, of course

The GOP has models that are much more equitable than Obamacare."

Trump recently enacted Trump-care in september of this year...for small businesses. Maybe you should read the fine print regarding pre-existing conditions. This is the same grifter who touted Trump University...and scammed millions from would be students......but you are welcomed to "sign up"...and let us know how you make out
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2018 5:03:18 PM
Democrat control of our house of representatives just puts a crimp on any Trump plans of further trashing the truth.

Every POTUS needs someone to answer to and the peoples representatives [our congressfolk] hopefully will roast his feet on the fires of OUR concern.

Let your representatives know how you feel. We just elected a whole bunch of new ones so give them some input.....
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 11/26/2018 5:15:14 PM
"puts a crimp on any Trump plans of further trashing the truth."

Oh No! Trump has been trashing "The Truth" ?!?

Say isn't so! Not...THE TRUTH!

Avenging Dems to the rescue! Guest appearance of Lady Justice with her not so blind blindfold & her imbalanced scales...coming to a TV near you this Jan.!
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > DEMOCRATS TAKE THE HOUSE. THE END OF TRUMP?