Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What would you expect from a partner?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 26
view profile
History
What would you expect from a partner?Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I don't have a list. I get a feeling about people as I meet them.
 Fascinator123
Msg: 27
view profile
History
What would you expect from a partner?
Posted: 11/14/2018 2:30:49 AM
You're 'avin a laugh, though aren't you? That has to be a wind up...Gee, I feel like I need a sedative after reading such stringent and detailed great 'expectations'. I suspect your list could have went on much longer and included 'Only speaks when spoken to ..'
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2018 3:25:19 AM
I don't think the OP is laughing. A man can have his list, nothing wrong with that, when I go shopping I have my list too. But he lashes out in angry insults at both men and women who respond in this thread, why? I'm afraid the emotionally balanced, no drama lady the OP hopes to meet, will not stay interested for very long. Well, maybe the OP will be sufficiently pleased with her to be nice to her until she messes up in something. Then she will feel the wrath. Women have been brutally beaten for burning a toast... for dropping a biscuit on the floor... oh for saying something that's interpreted as "talking back"... An angry, nasty attitude in a new man is very, very bad news, even if you're not yet the target.
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2018 4:03:23 AM
Get thee to a nunnery, I'm sure one of them would qualify. Of course the sex part would be in doubt. Then again they may be disappointed in your love making skills.
 backcreek7
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2018 8:57:01 AM
^^^ msg 28 ( mahwahgirl ) excellent post sweetheart !
... Labels and lists ~ are best suited for the grocery store, not human beings. Those who refer to them before choosing whom they may date, are fools ( in my op ) . There is a reason why humans presently rule the world, it has to do with an intelligence level & abilities greater then all others. It is s*hit simple > if you get to know someone, and you deem yourself not compatible > move on to another. To X out all of a certain perceived variety, before you truly know / date them, is a mistake you may pay for the rest of your life.

Here is a song, dedicated to Penny ~ who I hold a great deal of respect for ...

*lyrics ~ " How do we know what we can do, until our choices are removed ? So real that you can close your eyes and know, you know it's there to touch. Reach and trust in God it's in this moment, and is bringing you closer to God. He's inside each one of us, she's inside each one of us. Did you get what you came for, was it everything that you expected? Did you rise when the spirit called, when the spirit called ? Are you amazed, amazed, amazed ~ by it all ? "

STAND by Mermaids in the Basement
> turn it up ^
heart / sun
 PennyAnte
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2018 9:22:12 AM
Love it.. oxoxox

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I15fDWCWDI
 PollyR107
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2018 10:19:00 AM
I’m sure I tick all the boxes of yours, OP. The only thing is the attractiveness. This is quite subjective and I’m attractive to some men but not others.

Do you think I’m attractive? Lol.
 MichaelD1974
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2018 5:46:27 PM
I would expect reciprocation.
 hemingway234
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2018 8:23:41 AM

I suspect your list could have went on much longer and included 'Only speaks when spoken to ..'

- I had a girlfriend like that before. It was not necessary, but I'll take it!
 Manofsubstance1970
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2018 1:51:53 PM
"Lol other things I could indeed add to my list! obviously she would need to be able prepare and cook homemade meals, but this generation of western women, may struggle with beans on toast or boiling an egg or not burning the bacon, cause they have not been encouraged and taught, like they used to be in the 1950s and they think it's beneath them to cook for a man, but also would not make, that kitchen their space and be proud about it

Those ladies back in the 1950s were very capable, responsible, house proud, organised, good role models, stood by their men, considered a marriage to be a team effort and gave their all, but now it’s a half assed effort and the required commitment is missing, that once existed.

My nan used to own the kitchen and do all the cooking, when we used to visit, she always treated us well and was very stubborn, about people not making their own food or getting up to get second helpings...she was a traditional lady and a proud one...she cooked meals for six of use, with an old gas cooker and always managed well, I remember my mother asking if she needed help and nan would always say no

These day’s it's all about money for the majority of western women, their priorities are to appeal to group think mentality and waste money on material things such as, buying the latest phone, handbag, perfume, outfit, shoes, etc and it’s always spend, spend, spend, so they can get a thumps up from other women, cause they need the validation…

once upon a time western women cared about men, they were committed to their men and respected men, but now it’s all gone and greed has taken over

Too many western women are gullible and easy pray for advertising agencies to fool, exploit, manipulate and sell an illusion too...maybe women reading this should set themselves a task to figure out, just how much they spend on unnecessary items over a week, a month a year and wonder why they have more going out, than they have coming in, our just breaking even? The big question is? can western women live without all these material things?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5x6XZ-CcKU
 Noftheborder
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2018 2:57:55 PM
^ wellllllllllllll...that was a mouthful all to get to the point that you believe women should be housebound, take care of their man, not spend money and be happy about it damn it!. Perhaps you should be blaming your mother and her generation for your woes, being that it was your mother's generation who raised those of your generation of women who want and have choices like the opposite gender...maybe it was your Nan's generation who schooled their daughters not to want that which you seem to feel was so satisfying for them (or more likely the men who expected it).
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2018 3:20:09 PM
I'm so confused. I follow a number of cooking sites where very western women, younger than myself, married and not, share the most varied and delicious recipes.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2018 3:51:51 PM
Do you have any idea how difficult it is to find a man these days who's IQ is higher than a
pot roast .

I know a few guys like that. ( And I wish I didn't!)

Minimalist? Does using curb found appliances that work count? Hauled home in a $400 buck pickup? Riding Motorcycles that qualify for historic plates? Perusing curb finds in Craiglist for something good? Shopping at Harbor Freight when their sales are on? ( And buying discontinued items?) Buying 'Reduced for a quick sale" meat at the grocery store count? Being a frequent shopper at Salvation Army hold any water?

Or does it mean I'm just a cheapskate? ( My money tree got hit by lighting)
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2018 3:57:07 PM
^^^Damn why you so cheap?
(But you sure are creative!)
 julystorm22
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2018 7:18:48 PM
I for one love cooking for a man so long as he's not a picky eater. I get a lot of joy from preparing a good homecooked meal and watching someone enjoy it. My kids are so picky and my mom. Nice meals are lost on them. I love making meal plans and planning what we'll eat each night. Grocery shopping is a lot of fun for me. Last night I made a lasagna but one kid complained she didn't eat tomato sauce, one kid complained she didn't like cottage cheese and my mom complained that I added spinach to it. I will have you know I make a damn good lasagna but you wouldn't know it by talking to them fusspots.

Here is a list of what I would like in a man:

-a partner in life who does things with me and is my teammate
-someone kind
-someone who appreciates me
-someone who is great with kids and preferably has their own kids
-someone outgoing (to complement my shyness)
-someone who doesn't mind talking a little bit of politics or history or social issues
-someone who likes hockey and bonus marks for soccer and rugby
 hemingway234
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2018 9:50:49 PM
I'm pretty low maintenance except when it comes to food - I'm on a special diet.
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2018 3:39:29 AM
Purplerider1200 wrote:

Minimalist? Does using curb found appliances that work count? Hauled home in a $400 buck pickup? Riding Motorcycles that qualify for historic plates? Perusing curb finds in Craiglist for something good? Shopping at Harbor Freight when their sales are on? ( And buying discontinued items?) Buying 'Reduced for a quick sale" meat at the grocery store count? Being a frequent shopper at Salvation Army hold any water?

Excellent, Purplerider! Ideal behavior for the economy, the environment, and for society.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2018 4:01:41 AM
1. We get along well and communicate well.
2. Affectionate and sweet frequently.
3. encouraging/supportive and not confrontational.
4. Caring and kind toward me.
5. Funny, fun, exciting/wild and usually easy going.
6. Not of slept with more than ~7 people, and single, no kids.
8. Has one hell of a smile and is strong.
9. Is serious about our relationship.
10. Kinky and fun in bed and enjoys sex frequently.
 MsMicki
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2018 4:39:54 AM

Makes you my kind of person!!
My side business name is "Junk-ta-Funk" for a reason!!
 backcreek7
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2018 8:54:34 AM
... Penny Antes description of character should be highlighted and framed in gold leaf !!! She surely is an example of a wonderful & dedicated human being.

Latch key children gathered at my home / I did odd jobs to supplement my husbands income / There was always a clean house with home cooked meals / I knew where our children were and shopped at thrift stores / I made my daughters clothing / We bought bulk and ate leftovers / We had the same car for 17 years, and shared it / My children didn't have video games, cell phones or designer clothes / They had no allowances & earned money doing odd jobs / I didn't wear jewelry or expensive clothing

... Some changes are good and some are not. Presently ~ we seem to be headed into an age of material gratification , as we quickly deteriorate morally . Science is running amuck & its ramifications bring danger to our un - folding horizons. All this comes as no surprise, as human beings lay waist to the very planet which nurtured their evolution. One day will come inevitably in our future , that a comparatively small " pebble " from space will once again, strike our planet. It will bring upon the earth & its human population, total destruction. Let us all hope that some artifacts will remain, which will eventually guide the " new " human population, in a more prudent direction. This also assumes that what we call earth, will even exist.

... A song which I believe reflects, upon the heart which Penny possesses ( thank you Penny )

*lyrics - " Spare me? Don't spare me anything troubling ..
.............. Trouble me, disturb me with all your cares and worries ..
.............. Speak to me and let our words build a shelter from the storm ..
.............. Lastly, Let me know what I can mend ..
.............. There's more, honestly my sweet friend ~ then you can see ..
.............. Trust is what I'm offering, if you trouble me ..

... TROUBLE ME by 10,000 Maniacs
> turn it up ^
heart / sun
 backcreek7
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2018 9:11:57 AM
... ^^^ check out the " live " version as well ( Natalie Merchant ~ so talented )

heart / sun
S
 siisaa
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2018 6:02:18 PM
I don't have a laundry list of "expectations". I don't think people need to have a bunch of great qualities but rather some core ones:

- KINDNESS
- Intellectual curiosity
- a sense of humor that meshes with mine
- attractive TO ME
- kinkiness or if they're vanilla, I'd prefer they be open to trying some kink
 julystorm22
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 11/16/2018 6:18:55 PM
Siissa, that's a great list! I'm looking for the same thing. Intellectual curiosity is definitely a must.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2018 6:29:11 AM

Excellent, Purplerider! Ideal behavior for the economy, the environment, and for society.

I get a ton of satisfaction from doing that.

The one item I picked up, was a not so old clothes dryer. They gave it the toss because it didn't work. I fixed it with a $.90 cent fuse. ( found online, because I wouldn't pay the $16 bucks the local parts dealer wanted for the same fuse)

Side bar to this- I sold them a dryer that did work, that I found on the side of the road. For $75 bucks. Both are still working nicely. (A bottle of Windex and 10 minutes of rubbing did wonders on my roadside find)

Life can be terribly rewarding sometimes.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2018 9:31:48 AM
i spent a few years as a "po' boy", and i get the satisfaction of scoring any bargain, or getting something for close to nothing. but, i can say after doing it (and still trying), that for every victory, there's two failures. Part of that is living in Yankee land--we're frugal and only throw out the dead. part of it is living in a climate that sees real winters (so the field mice get in everything and chew the wiring etc) and humidity (which rusts electrical connections and fasteners and so on). and probably part of it is luck.

when we're single, we have the time to play detective and surgeon and discover why something went wrong (but often find that the device is a system--the broken part only broke b/c some other part is failing, so suddenly its 2 fixes). other times, its great to just buy shiny and new and save time. of course, its quite fustrating when even the new item is garbage (like L.L. Bean boots. my late godfather lived in Maine--now he just stays there--so I got those #$%% duck boots as gifts. the tread wears in 5 seconds, the rubber part leaves your feet freezing and the seam where the leather attaches rubs your ankle raw).

still, i'm typing this from a library where i scored at a book sale. of course, much of the reference can be found online for free, but it still feels like i accomplished something, and had money left over to try out the breakfast nook next door.

i liked siisa's list. kindness is so rare, it comes from those who can afford it, these days. if i had a nickel for every person who said, "hey, if you ever need help, call" and then had an excuse when i did...intellectual curiousity is great, it's what we had to kill time before cellphones were common. as for kink, any sex would be unusual for me, so i can accept the vanilla :)

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What would you expect from a partner?