Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What would you expect from a partner?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 52
view profile
History
What would you expect from a partner?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

when we're single, we have the time to play detective and surgeon and discover why something went wrong (but often find that the device is a system--the broken part only broke b/c some other part is failing, so suddenly its 2 fixes).
finding out why it broke is just as important as fixing it. I spend a lot of my free time in my garage. not so much to save money but because I enjoy it. it is the one thing in my life I can control. using purpleriders example, his time/labor to take it home, fix it and then deliver likely exceeded his profit but their is great satisfaction and pride in fixing something others wouldn't or couldn't and being able to turn junk into something of value. while many fix junk because they cant afford new, some of us do it 'because we can'. the financial aspect is secondary.
 julystorm22
Msg: 53
view profile
History
What would you expect from a partner?
Posted: 11/17/2018 11:54:12 AM
I absolutely love auction sales, the farm and household auction sales. When I had my own house I had it filled with second hand stuff from auctions. Sturdy old dressers and desks bought for a buck or two that really stood the test of time. Also garage sales are a favourite thing of my kids and I to go to in the warmer months. My kids are thrilled with old costume jewellery or toys bought for a quarter. No need for brannew. All their clothes are second hand too. Eventually I know when they are teenagers they'll be fussier and at that point I'd tell them to go get babysitting or grasscutting jobs to pay for the things they "must" have.
 2ufo
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2018 12:36:25 PM

I don't have a laundry list of "expectations". I don't think people need to have a bunch of great qualities but rather some core ones:

- KINDNESS
- Intellectual curiosity
- a sense of humor that meshes with mine
- attractive TO ME
- kinkiness or if they're vanilla, I'd prefer they be open to trying some kink

That is a great list, siisaa...
Kindness is important to me as well. I define it as empathy with others - attempting to understand someone else's reasons, thought processes, emotions, reactions.

Intellectual curiosity. Well, I think ALL people are curious and I have enough exposure to 'intellectual' that I'll accept simply curiosity. Whether it's delving into the origins of the universe or why the washer doesn't work. Of course, there's usually an answer for simple questions and nothing but awe for the difficult ones... so I also like someone who can explain their though processes (so communication is very important to me).

Attractive to me... that's a harder one. People expect that 'attractive to me' is held in some common ground - and to an extent that is true. Unhealthy people are considered not as attractive. For me, attraction is more visceral and related to how a man smells. I don't mean with cologne either. It's also mental. I once fell in lust with a man I'd known for some time and originally found unattractive simply because he showed me how to make calculus beautiful. Was it his enthusiasm or his intelligence or devoting his time to me? I don't know. So, attractive to me would include smells wonderful and 100% there showing integrity.

Sexually - well, I have to blush here. It's been so looong that I don't remember if I'm into only vanilla or some kink or other. Still, I'd probably be open to trying almost anything and would prefer a partner who would be amenable to conversation and wouldn't require sex to always be perfect.

Being frugal with stuff is also important. My ex- was a spendthrift and put us in debt before I divorced him. But finances are no longer as important as the important stuff above. Or maybe it's part of the important stuff under something like communication or integrity as a subheading. So along with sexual compatibility and social compatibility, I'd also look for financial compatibility.

Clytemnestra
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2018 1:56:57 PM
msg#54:
I once fell in lust with a man I'd known for some time and originally found unattractive simply because he showed me how to make calculus beautiful.

I fell in lust with each and every one of my math teachers. Philosophy professors did it for me too.
(Smile)
 purplerider1200
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 11/17/2018 4:32:12 PM
Most repair people hate these new appliances that are all electronic. They can't fix them unless they've had factory training. Some manufacturers won't sell them the parts to fix 'em. (Samsung comes to mind)
 ohenryx
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2018 9:42:14 AM

Clytemnestra

I once fell in lust with a man I'd known for some time and originally found unattractive simply because he showed me how to make calculus beautiful.

I fell in lust with each and every one of my math teachers. Philosophy professors did it for me too.
(Smile)

Come closer so I can whisper in your ear.

2+2 = 4

4+4 = 8
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 11/18/2018 11:10:00 AM
msg#57:
(Smile)

Come closer so I can whisper in your ear.

2+2 = 4

4+4 = 8

...polynomial, quadratic equation, A squared plus B squared equals C squared~
(Sigh)

;-)
 MsMicki
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2018 4:15:12 AM

...polynomial, quadratic equation, A squared plus B squared equals C squared~
(Sigh)

Oooh girl....don't get me all excited....I might have to take your for coffee!!
My first crush was my Geometry teacher...and just about every math teacher afterwards too!

Linear, Radical, Slope Intercept Form...sigh....
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 60
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2018 4:31:16 AM

A squared plus B squared equals C squared

There are girls who appreciate math? Maybe Pythagoras did well with the babes?

I considered May 12, 2013 a special day (and December 5), but didn't say anything about it to my girlfriend at the time.
 julystorm22
Msg: 61
view profile
History
Posted: 11/19/2018 9:16:16 PM
Yuck. I hated math in school with the passion of a thousand fires. I did have a crush on one math teacher though in Grade 12. He was young, probably just in his first couple years of teaching. The rest of the male teachers I had in school were very old, all would have been in their 50s or 60s.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 11/20/2018 9:51:24 AM
Henry, you're right about kindness, i just threw in an example that was on my mind at the time.

"Most repair people hate these new appliances that are all electronic. They can't fix them unless they've had factory training. Some manufacturers won't sell them the parts to fix 'em. (Samsung comes to mind)"

>>>interesting. I had a basic, no option washing machine repaired in the spring, and was surprised it could run its own diagnostic just by turning the dials a certain way, and then the lights would flash a code. like any computer-controlled car made since the mid 1980's. of course, there can always be another part of the system causing a problem that ends up breaking the part that throws a code (for example, my car keeps saying its idle control valve is bad, but replacing it doesn't fix the problem, so its either a vacuum leak elsewhere that doesn't trip a code or its the motor running the valve). Making devices more complicated does screw the shade tree mechanic--big farm tractors, for instance, need trained mechanics to repair the computers running them b/c the software is propritary, and the law that protects copyrights on DVDs also means your shiny new John Deere has to wait in a field until the dealership has time to come out and diagnose it. but if you salvage an old tractor and get it running with foriegn made parts, how does that help the american worker.

damned if we do, damned if we don't.

as for math, hated it with a passion. which really burned my father, a mechanical engineer writing a book on fractural math and enjoyed classical music (lots of math in there, but don't kill the joy of the music looking for it :) ). ah well, i can still figure out tips in my head, a product of schools before cellphones.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What would you expect from a partner?