Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Fun things to do on first major holiday break with boyfriend?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Fun things to do on first major holiday break with boyfriend? Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
He is going on the vacation (cruise) with me lol.
Basically looking forward to that atm because not much else is happening before it due to lack of time and needing to get ready.

There will be 2 ice shows which I'm really looking forward to and some performances in the theater.
We are going on the Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas ship. We are going on a few shore excursions which are pretty good. First island is Noumea and we have city sites and beach booked as a guided buss tour. Then next day is Lifou but I left that empty because there is this cafe I wanted to go to lol and I wanted to show my boyfriend all the butterflies on the left side.
Then next Island is Vila which is my favourite island. I have a 6hr shore excursion booked that goes to the blue lagoon, the beach, the waterfall and has a water taxi first and aircon busses. Also has a fruit breakfast and bbq lunch included.
Then Mystery island which I'm gonna pay in cash for a boat ride to Aneityum (main island) and for a cultural tour. Then I left Isle of Pines empty so we can explore. Then we will ice skate on the days its open. Omg it's getting so close.

I didn't think 8 months was long enough that's why we are waiting to next year. My priority at the moment is to enjoy life. Next year it will be more toward saving. I booked this trip back in september and paid fully at the time. Never intended on canceling.
 NotableLion
Msg: 27
Fun things to do on first major holiday break with boyfriend?
Posted: 11/21/2018 9:00:56 AM
Ms. PennyAnte

Your rational and logical tone of speech is not going with a creature with multiple disabilities. It is dangerous. Her posts about her family tried to kill her. She tried to commit suicide many times. She is recording for her mom. She has a relationship for 9 years, although she was raped, which is impossible. Women who were raped suffer deeply and need a good course of psychiatric or psychological treatment.

Moreover, her mind always about killing. The word killing in her mind all the time. She thought about terrorists. You never know if there is a person is feeding these thought inside her head or not. It is so clear she has low IQ. Many gaps and discrepancies in her stories.

There is no boy friend, All of these stories are most likely false. Think about it, who is going to take a scum with all of these problems and why?

Men need a rational woman. A woman you can reason with her and independent. A woman that could be a mom, and understand her duties and responsibilities as mom. Men do not need a ****ing 6 year old imbecile, in a female body, whom came here to spread her drama, and sexual life stories.

I hope the stupid be be caught, before getting in a mass shooting, either killing Jews, Muslims, or other groups.

I hope POF reports her writings to the authorities, since they know her phone IP and see what is going on. I emailed them before about her case.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2018 9:34:24 AM
Lion. Some people crave attention even if it is negative. This is why I suggest to her that the people here in the forums are perhaps not equipped to truly help her and that she should seek out a professional.

I do not think name calling is helping. Clearly you have followed her troubling threads and responses in the forums which I agree cause a need for alarm.

I find a lot of people here are "askholes". People that want advice but when they are given advice that they reject for one excuse or the other it inspires nothing but anger and they feel put down rather than simply facing the truth.

She clearly insights anger in you and understandably but I think it may behoove you to stay away from her posts and threads. The forums here have more to offer than drivel, ranting and fantasy stories.

I agree with her that we have some gone off topic to try to suggest she be more "practical" but I think it is good advice. If it was me I would be taking the 3 months or so to work full time to get a first and last deposit on an apartment with or without a roommate.

I moved out of my father's home when I was 17 only to return when I was 21 because he had lung cancer and I paid his mortgage, helped him get to doctors, fed him and give him treatments. He died a year later and I was happy I had that last year to spend with him.

God bless you OP in whatever you do. Perhaps the holiday will give you time to reflect on what you need to do to improve upon your situation. It seems you have already a long list of plans for this holiday so I am now uncertain as to why you even posted this thread in the first place. You made the plans back in September.

I hope your bf doesn't read the forums.. that's all I have left to say about any of it.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 11/21/2018 7:53:17 PM
Enjoy your vacation Sienna. It's wonderful to be young and have the time and the money and the special someone to do it all with!
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 11/22/2018 9:35:49 AM
Thank youuuu!

Oh my God picked up 3kg of chocolates for xmas at such great value today. Saved like 12 dollars per kg so like 36 dollars.

Me and my boyfriend have been watching an anime series together called Black Butler it's so good!
His favourite character is Sebastian Michaelis (Ciel's demon butler) while my favourite character is Grell Sutcliff (a grim reaper).
He's so funny and quirky, he reminds me of my boyfriend. I love his red hair I want to dye my hair red lol.

Anyway this is a good song
https://youtu.be/-ZuizOSBIEM
 NotableLion
Msg: 31
Posted: 11/22/2018 11:26:41 AM
Ms. PennyAnte

I do not think name calling is helping. Clearly you have followed her troubling threads and responses in the forums which I agree cause a need for alarm.

It looks like you are the only who has eyes here, besides me.

I hope your bf doesn't read the forums.. that's all I have left to say about any of it.

Who is gonna date a poor suicidal and potential terrorist, unless he is like her, or has a great benefit? Would any sane woman here date a
suicidal and potential terrorist? I really doubt if there is anyone.
 ssm508
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2018 7:48:07 AM

No good excuse at 26 years old to be still living at home with your parents and especially without a job.

I would somewhat disagree with this. I was still living with my parents when I was in early to mid 20s because I was saving up to buy a house. Housing can be expensive in some areas. I didn't pay rent because my parents made a deal with me. I didn't have to pay rent provided that I finished college. I held up my end of the bargain. I did contribute to household chores though. Laundry, washing dishes, cutting the grass etc.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2018 7:53:06 AM
My boyfriend has posted on the forums before and can read what I say if he wants.

Ugh I have a sneezing cold lucky my cruise isn't until 2 weeks lol. Probably should avoid going out leading up to it once I have gotten what I need to get to pack.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2018 8:20:18 AM

I would somewhat disagree with this. I was still living with my parents when I was in early to mid 20s because I was saving up to buy a house. Housing can be expensive in some areas. I didn't pay rent because my parents made a deal with me. I didn't have to pay rent provided that I finished college. I held up my end of the bargain. I did contribute to household chores though. Laundry, washing dishes, cutting the grass etc.

"You need to move out after college!" is something I only read on internet forums coming from older people. Must have been a thing in their day, I dunno. In reality, it happens few and far in between. People share home with their parents for as long as it works for everybody.
 siisaa
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2018 10:11:21 AM
^ agreed. There's no good reason to move out just because you're of a certain age. It's easier to get ahead, instead of just getting by, by pooling resources with family rather than just moving out & struggling. In areas where the cost of living is very high, it's better to have multiple incomes streaming throughout the home.

I didn't move out until I was 28 and it was for a good-paying, out-of-state job making $60K per year. Until then, it was my mom, aunt, cousin & myself living in one home. My then-boyfriend and I moved up here from Southern California together where he worked for the Dept. of Corrections so we both had good income. I'm in the process of getting pre-approved for a home loan and already have about $20K saved up for a down payment. I couldn't have done that if I had just moved out after I graduated college (at 22), working noble-yet-low-paying jobs in the non-profit sector, just because that's what you're "supposed" to do. What is "practical" about that?
 cooldog65
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2018 10:31:44 AM
I'm guessing the moving out early thing is more based on differences in generation or culture?
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2018 5:29:26 PM
I think so. I like to read vintage books and I remember one from the late 1800s or very early 1900s where it said that if a girl under 25 loses her mother, the family should make every effort to ensure she has a supportive mother figure in her life as she is not mature enough to stand on her own. That's better than pushing a girl out of the house at 18! :) And I happened to read a 2010 book, that was the recession period needless to say, which addressed adult children staying home or moving back home due to the economy, divorce etc and said that it was increasingly common. The book provided advice for everyone how to get along in the house. So yeah, I think it depends.
 julystorm22
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2018 7:05:38 PM
Lack of rental housing in combination with unaffordable home ownership seems to be the biggest issue. Absolutely no one seems to be building rental housing even though the population is growing substantially. More houses and condos are being built but many people cannot afford them so are locked out of the market. In addition, many apartment buildings have been converted to condos, further decreasing the number. Its tough.

Because there's less rental housing, it makes a rental unit more precious as a commodity so rents go up. Suddenly an apartment ends up being $1000 to $1500 to rent. Not affordable for many single people or single-income families. So many people end up moving in with their parents. 34.7% of adults in Canada ages 18 to 34 live with their parents, with the numbers being startlingly high such as Toronto with 47.4% of adults 18-34 living with at least one of their parents.

https://www12.statcan.gc.ca/census-recensement/2016/as-sa/98-200-x/2016008/98-200-x2016008-eng.cfm
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 11/24/2018 7:45:20 PM
July you are right. The housing market here is really bad because of foreign investors an multiple home owners (domestic investors).
Renting starts at like 1400 for a decent 2 bedroom place. Apartments are worse because they are in more populated areas. There aren't any one bedroom places really or well they are complete dumps.
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2018 1:53:59 AM
Being an Aussie, I'd be wondering how this 'break' is being financed... Austudy or Disability allowance???
and to say "then it would be practical to put 50% aside... "
of course, common sense has no place here...

there's heaps of stuff you can do over the summer - beneficial things such as helping out at rescue centres for cats and dogs, community gardens... even your local volunteer centre could direct you to some 'frugal & free' activities - this way your significant other can see your values about giving back to society for the 'fiscal benefit' that you've been given from the taxpayers... No, that's not a 'living wage' but a helping hand UP out of your current life with the goal towards something better... earning on your own dime.
Yanno, putting in some of the 'work' that many other folks do on their 'breaks'...
'vacation time' doesn't necessarily 'have' to be all the expensive theme parks...

Disability is a copout if you ride it... my son is considered 'disabled' by the larger part of society... but he refuses to ride on that, saying he only has a 'different ability' and will be out 'working' as part of our home education curriculum next year... (volunteer service now that he has reached 13 - minimum age)
 spot4username
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2018 3:20:30 AM
^^^
IF and that is a very big if the OP is to be believed - she is mentally disabled, physically disabled, unable to live alone, unable to work. Sometimes heavily medicated but at other times doesn't take anything. I am not sure if she can or does drive. Perhaps it is not a necessity where she lives. She says she is in school. If she is unable to work or live alone now I don't know how having a degree will change those circumstances. She will not magically be able to work or live on her own. Oh, but she can have sex for hours and hours a day/night in her small, crowded residence. That is if the OP is to be believed.
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2018 4:47:48 AM
I was thinking if I can't get a job after my degree finishes, I will be qualified to train as a face-to-face counselor with lifeline and they will supervise me. Maybe I could do that, only issue is I would be contractually obligated to volunteer with them for like a year lol. Plus I'm not sure if it would help me get a job that much uhhh. I mean helpful if I wanted to be an actual psychologist I guess.
Don't really want to volunteer in unrelated areas because it doesn't help me professionally and over these holidays I have a course in medical neuroscience I have to finish.

The ship is heading toward Australia but it is going for another cruise before it is my cruise date.
https://www.cruisemapper.com/?imo=9161728
OMG look at it Gooo

Does anyone know a good moisturizer?
Everything is making my face sting, going to try Egyptian magic lol.
 mahwahgirl339114
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2018 11:34:57 AM

Does anyone know a good moisturizer?
Everything is making my face sting, going to try Egyptian magic lol.

Same here, I used to grab random creams and slap them on my face - NOOO! Red like a tomato and burning, now I need to wash it all off. Now I go for natural stuff or Burt's Bee's for sensitive skin.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2018 12:08:38 PM
Okay I will say something else. I agree with most of the above posters that a young adult should stay with their parents as long as they can.

BUT... Not in a unstable environment that is unhealthy and dysfunctional. A young adult that may find themselves in a situation where they are affected by mental illness, addiction, abuse, suspicion, discord, or misery should do everything in their power to move out. It is for their own state of well being and should be their number one priority.

It is not "practical" to stay in a toxic home. You can not put a price tag on your peace of mind.
 2ufo
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2018 1:00:24 PM
Coconut oil.

Messages this short... blah... blah... blah
 julystorm22
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2018 2:29:34 PM
When I was 16 my dad went into the bush and left me to look after the farm on my own. I'd wake up at 530am to check and feed the horses, gather the eggs from the chickens and check all the animals' water...I worked really hard all my life. Is it just me feeling jealous that Sienna doesn't work, complains about her family all the time, says her disabilities prevent her from moving out yet she somehow has the time and money for all the fun in the world with a boyfriend?
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2018 3:43:28 PM

Is it just me...……………..?

No, however I'm not the least bit "jealous"...………..of Sienna. What goes up...…………..must come down.
 MsMicki
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2018 5:30:57 PM
Nope....not jealous...

I get far more pleasure from actually earning my way through life and all the benefits of working my azz off gets me!
 TheEvolutionOfJessi
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2018 5:33:16 PM

I will be qualified to train as a face-to-face counselor with lifeline and they will supervise me. Maybe I could do that, only issue is I would be contractually obligated to volunteer with them for like a year lol. Plus I'm not sure if it would help me get a job that much uhhh. I mean helpful if I wanted to be an actual psychologist I guess.

FARRRRRRK... for the love of whichever deity (or non) you swing to , do NOT go into counselling... do NOT try psychology... there are people that need more help, not roads backwards... so far I've not seen ANYTHING here from you suggesting you'll ever be in a position to 'assist' anybody.

anyway, I see that you totally missed the gist of my 'suggestion'... of volunteering over the break...
seems that the 'fun days' won't interfere your neuroscience **eyeroll** course...

No July... I'm not jealous... it's "the Welfare Entitled" mentality here in Australia that ticks taxpayers like me off... Granted, I've been on welfare for too long now, but it's childraising related... I've just completed a new certification to take me back to paid work and I'm homeschooling my son... and will be taking mini-training for career advancement, but over the years I've been a valuable volunteer, earning my 'taxpaid' income... whether it was 'my industry' related or not...

I'm out...
 SiennaBear2
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 11/25/2018 10:05:49 PM

Same here, I used to grab random creams and slap them on my face - NOOO! Red like a tomato and burning, now I need to wash it all off. Now I go for natural stuff or Burt's Bee's for sensitive skin.

Same but I am using tretinoin. Feel like I'm burning in indirect light lol. Really need a good moisturiser and sunscreen but everything is burning
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Fun things to do on first major holiday break with boyfriend?