Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Do you feel you have run out of fish in your area?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 abc123drm
Msg: 76
Do you feel you have run out of fish in your area?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I am actually referring to those live and active profiles. Where it says either "Online Now" or "Online Today" in green.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Do you feel you have run out of fish in your area?
Posted: 1/5/2019 2:14:26 PM

There's one I recall that emphasized that she only dates in the area, closeby...and complains why she can't find a decent guy, just weirdos and pervs.

I sent her an email, leading with how I could relate to her situation and introduced myself..

but no response.

No surprise there.
A lot of people complain just to hear themselves talk......not to actually solve the problem they are complaining about.

Often times, their profiles get *Updates* added to them, complaining about the behavior of the men that contact them,

There you go, another example.

I wonder if some of them get out of the house much to meet other singles?

From what I can see, doubtful.

I live in the 2nd largest metropolitan area in the US, and yet if you look at the POF events alone in this area, it's a pathetically small number.
And the vast majority of those who indicate they are attending.....are men.
What are all the women doing?
There used to be an abundance of real life singles dances and events in my area back in the 1980s and 1990s- logiacally so, with so many singles abounding- but they started to dwindle after 2000 when online dating started to become popular.
And now online dating has declined pathetically.
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2019 8:14:20 PM

^^^
I know a man who passed away over 5 years ago. I actually took his profile photo for him. His profile is still here. I have reported it and messaged CSR repeatedly. /shrug/
And since there's no way to filter out dead people here, he probably still gets more messages than me.

Seriously! Newly married,and you have nothing better to do?
I agree... he shouldn't be bored enought to be doing this til at least after a year into the marriage!
 hemingway234
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 1/6/2019 4:02:32 AM

I know a man who passed away over 5 years ago. I actually took his profile photo for him. His profile is still here. I have reported it and messaged CSR repeatedly. /shrug/

- Dating sites love abandoned profiles. It makes it look like the shelves of the store are well stocked.
 pfif
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2019 6:23:02 PM
I just think that the world hasn't caught up to itself,
with all the progress that's gone on.

Hasn't been that many years since SMS texting first
became common. Or Facebook. Or whozee-what-what
(Instagram; myspace; one I like a lot and now cannot
remember the name of .. oh yeah, Tribe).

They did a Northern Exposure where one of them gets
a washing machine, and now they don't *get* to go
to the laundromat anymore. And they miss the social
contact there (which was reliable for them, and for what
they wanted it for).

Ten years ago a friend of mine thought it meant he was
gay if he stayed on the phone for any length of time with
another man.

Me, I just need a headset so I can wash the dishes, if
this (social) call is going to go on too long.

(Rocking that Jabra Evolve 65 (Bluetooth) w/noise cancelling mic!)

May as well relocate if you already know everyone (who's
dating/elligible) in town; haven't found someone, and it's
a small town.

If you don't, the few people you stayed 'for' will have
moved on; that's how our society functions (as it were).

If you're young, and it was 30 years ago, you could have
done a lot worse than to have picked up and moved to
Boston (if you were already in New England).

I doubt Boston is any less appealing today, overall -- it
was a great place to be in one's 20's and early 30's.

People (literally) on every street corner.
 Tech30
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 1/10/2019 7:48:06 AM
I agree... he shouldn't be bored enought to be doing this til at least after a year into the marriage!"

Do you people think that it takes a long time to browse the profiles when going through the forums? Do you think it takes an hour or more?
Geez. And i do it on breaks at work. Some people .....
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 82
view profile
History
learn how to wiggle your worm better, or you'll be on the hook for lessons in master baiting
Posted: 1/10/2019 11:12:12 AM
i used to post in here during breaks at work. my boss w0uld go sleep in his car so he wouldn't be bothered, and wouldn't wake up until i punched out for the end of shift and woke him up on the way to my car. and his boss would act as tho this was my problem to solve....

as long as Tech is giving us short responses, i'm sure his story is true, and we don't have to be a D!ck...Tracy about it :) the good news is, Tech, you now see how it is when someone comes here and gets the third degree about something and has to explain it all out to a bunch of strangers. its fun, right? :)
 Blueiiiiiiiiii
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 1/21/2019 4:21:58 AM

I don't pursue very many women, but I do still look. If someone really interesting came along, and we're local, I'll contact them.
Some put limitations on their profile/consciously or not. Limiting the Lake to a 'pool'. I agree but try not to 'Judge all fish as we call them by one fish encounter. For example...You may have had one bad long distance experience so you throw the baby out with the bathwater. We all tend to do it so no offense intended. Just making a statement and speaking from experience. I have a disability, I speak freely on my profile that I have one but don't go into detail. For you, as an example have /had a disclaimer that no woman with a disability contact you. I thought we would hit it off great until the last two lines for example. This example is to show others how their 'disclaimers' might be affecting their pools.
 Tech30
Msg: 84
view profile
History
learn how to wiggle your worm better, or you'll be on the hook for lessons in master baiting
Posted: 1/21/2019 11:49:01 AM
as long as Tech is giving us short responses, i'm sure his story is true, and we don't have to be a D!ck...Tracy about it :) the good news is, Tech, you now see how it is when someone comes here and gets the third degree about something and has to explain it all out to a bunch of strangers. its fun, right? :)"

It can be a bit amusing that some people think im lying about getting married. '
Why would I do that? I was a happy single man meeting women all the time. It took someone unique and amazing to get me to want to settle down.

Though I may be a bit offensive at times, I have lots of experience in dating and have good advice for most men in the dating game. Wether they follow my advice or not is up to them. I just hate seeing men get into terrible situations that ruin them. Ive known a few.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Do you feel you have run out of fish in your area?