Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > backcreek 7's playlist ~ all music welcomed !      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 376
backcreek 7's playlist ~ all music welcomed !Page 16 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)
^^^
I'm curious as to how you interpret that second verse. I see it as someone who is tired of life and the only thing keeping him hanging on is thoughts of her though they seem to be off center thinking. "But not knowing if you are" refers to being alone and he hopes she is? The song itself seems to be aboutthe end of their relatinship.
backcreek 7's playlist ~ all music welcomed !
Posted: 4/5/2019 4:02:43 AM
I interpret it as she's as fed up with his outlook as he is, and their relationship is on the verge of ending as a result. The last line baffles me, though. (don't you worry, don't worry about a thing. Nothing really dies, nothing really ends) Did the relationship actually end and he's saying his *love* for her will never die or is he saying he's willing to work on himself for the sake of them to remain together? I don't know.

Here's another from him, and this is one of the most incredible things I've ever seen and heard. It's long and *a lot* to take in. It describes a woman going through her daily "routine". Her family is never shown, and by the middle of the video, it's revealed her husband and two sons were killed in a school shooting. Continuing to go through her "routine" has "kept her alive", but she finally breaks down while doing the dishes. Ninet's vocals f*cking soar in this section.

The last line (don't ever let go/try to let go) acknowledges the horrible dilemma of knowing you have to move on, but still want to *hold* on.

Motherf*ck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh5mWzKlhQY
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 378
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2019 4:28:04 AM
Mr. Pig...

"The last line baffles me, though. (don't you worry, don't worry about a thing. Nothing really dies, nothing really ends) Did the relationship actually end and he's saying his *love* for her will never die or is he saying he's willing to work on himself for the sake of them to remain together? I don't know."

The song is about him contemplating the ending of his life. The last line is his assurance to her that even if he is physically gone....nothing really dies.

Beautiful song.....and she is amazing!!!

Thank you! :)
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 379
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2019 9:12:12 AM
I’m loving the African beat at the moment.....so energetic and ‘Deep In The Bottom’
 backcreek7
Msg: 380
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2019 10:34:35 AM

I'm loving the African beat at the moment

^^^ You go ROXY ~ such a cool song and video ! I can even do " the Swim " & blend right in > dancin' with those dudes & dudessas !! ( you might not even know I was there, which is good > col ... ) Loved the intense song message and lyrics, of your song sir pig ~ thanks my friend !! ^^^

^^^ Deep in the Bottom ( of Africa ) by Monique Bingham & Black Coffee ^^^

S
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 381
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2019 11:01:14 AM
POF song:

Highway run
Into the midnight sun
Wheels go 'round and 'round
You're on my mind
Restless hearts
Sleep alone tonight
Sendin' all my love
Along the wire
They say that the road
Ain't no place to start a family
Right down the line
It's been you and me
And lovin' a music man
Ain't always what it's s'posed to be
Oh girl, you stand by me
I'm forever yours
Faithfully
Circus life
Under the big top world
We all need the clowns
To make us smile
Through space and time
Always another show
Then everything
Wondering where I am
Lost without you
And being…
 backcreek7
Msg: 382
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2019 1:33:48 PM
^^^ Cool > adventurejoe ! Thank you so much for re-reminding me of that song , one of Journeys greatest ( & this is saying QUITE a bit !! ) If I remember correctly, wasn't it Journey whose lead singer either quit or croaked > and an oriental guy took his place ~ and is even a better singer in many minds ? Was a documentary made or a movie ?

... Brother ~ please feel free to pop in at will, and let us share your music with you !!! I've noticed your posts in other threads and found you to be fair, informed, intelligent & easy going. <<< all cool and very unique qualities !!!

... heart / Journey / sun ...
 backcreek7
Msg: 383
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2019 2:27:23 PM

You don't know your past, you won't know your future

^^^ Those of you whom wish, to rip or tear down our monuments and statues pay heed ...We will not stand for such idiocy ! ^^^

lyrics * - " Oh no, oh na ~ Tomorrow people, where is your past? Tomorrow people how long will it last ? ..
................. Tomorrow people, where is your past ? Tomorrow people, how long will it last ? ..
................. Today you say you deyah, tomorrow you say your gone, but your gone so long ..
................. If there is no love in your heart, so sorry ~ then there is no hope for you, true true ..

................. Tomorrow people, where is your past ? Tomorrow people, how long will it last ? ..

................. So your in the air but you still, but you still don't have a thing to spare ..
................. Your flyin' high, while we're n the low ..

................. Stop tellin' me the same story, today you say you deyah, tomorrow you say your gone ..
................. If there is no love in your heart, oh there never will be hope for you ..
................. Tomorrow people, where is your past ? Tomorrow people how long will it last ?
................. Tomorrow people, where is your past ? Tomorrow people how long will it last ? ..

................. You don't know your past, don't know your future everyone ..
................. Don't know your past, you won't know our future every man ..
................. Don't know your past, you won't know your future, come on ..
................. Don't know your past, you won't know your future, hey ..

................. How many people did that one catch ? How many nations did that one catch ?
................. Come on ~ Come on ..

... TOMORROW PEOPLE by Ziggy Marley ...
... > turn it up ^ ...
... heart / leave our f-in statues alone ! / sun ...
 Inicia
Msg: 384
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2019 5:15:44 PM
knowing your past is what causes the desire to remove stone effigies protecting a spirit of hate and oppression masquerading as historical figures of heroism, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULUzXivx6Ts Leonard Cohen
I said, "father change my name."
The one I'm using now it's covered up
With fear and filth and cowardice and shame.

chorus:"Yes and lover, lover, lover, lover, lover, lover, lover come back to me,
Yes and lover, lover, lover, lover, lover, lover, lover come back to me."
He said, "i locked you in this body,
I meant it as a kind of trial.
You can use it for a weapon,
Or to make some woman smile."

Chorus

"then let me start again," i cried,
"please let me start again,
I want a face that's fair this time,
I want a spirit that is calm."

chorus
"i never never turned aside," he said,
"i never walked away.
It was you who built the temple,
It was you who covered up my face."
chorus

And may the spirit of this song,
May it rise up pure and free.
May it be a shield for you,
A shield against the enemy.

Yes and lover, lover, lover, lover, lover, lover, lover come back to me,
"repeat"
 Inicia
Msg: 385
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2019 5:29:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qj5x6pbJMyU fela kuti zombie the african beat i like got tuned into it when my career was letter carrier for usps very fitting bouncy upbeat, helped on my headset running down the street lol lyrics
Zombie o, zombie (Zombie o, zombie)
Zombie o, zombie (Zombie o, zombie)
Zombie no go go, unless you tell am to go (Zombie)
Zombie no go stop, unless you tell am to stop (Zombie)
Zombie no go turn, unless you tell am to turn (Zombie)
Zombie no go think, unless you tell am to think (Zombie)
Tell am to go straight
A joro, jara, joro
No break, no job, no sense
A joro, jara, joro
Tell am to go kill
A joro, jara, joro
A joro, jara, joro
Tell am to go quench
A joro, jara, joro
A joro, jara, joro
Go and kill! (Joro, jaro, joro)
Go and die! (Joro, jaro, joro)
Go and quench! (Joro, jaro, joro)
Put am for reverse! (Joro, jaro, joro)
Joro, jara, joro, zombie wey na one way
Joro, jara, joro
Attention! (Zombie)
Quick march!
Slow march! (Zombie)
Left turn!
Right turn! (Zombie)
About turn!
Double up! (Zombie)
Salute!
Open your hat! (Zombie)
Stand at ease!
Fall in! (Zombie)
Fall out!
Fall down! (Zombie)
Get ready!
Halt!
Order!
Dismiss!

ps i think the definition of pariah helps with the broader message steve and nine°t are trying to convey. when we realize the message of historical social outcast or outliers and how their messages never die
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 386
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2019 5:44:35 PM
Mr. Backcreek?

One of my most favorite songs...because it reminds me...no matter how much pain....in this bright future...you can't forget your past. :)

No woman no cry---Bob Marley
https://youtu.be/mcTKcMzembk

No, woman, no cry
No, woman, no cry
No, woman, no cry
No, woman, no cry

'Cause, 'cause, 'cause I remember when we used to sit
In the government yard in Trenchtown
Oba observing the 'ypocrites
Mingle with the good people we meet
Good friends we have, oh, good friends we've lost
Along the way
In this great future, you can't forget your past
So dry your tears, I seh

No, woman, no cry
No, woman, no cry
'Ere, little darlin', don't shed no tears
No, woman, no cry

Said, said, said, I remember when-a we used to sit
In the government yard in Trenchtown
And then Georgie would make the fire lights, I seh
A log wood burnin' through the night
Then we would cook cornmeal porridge, I seh
Of which I'll share with you
My feet is my only carriage
And so I've got to push on through
But while I'm gone

Everything's gonna be all right

So no woman, no cry
No woman, no cry
I say, oh little oh little darling, don't shed no tears
No woman, no cry

No woman, no woman, no woman, no cry
No woman, no cry, one more time I've got to say
Oh little little darling, please don't shed no tears
No woman, no cry

No woman, no woman no cry
 Inicia
Msg: 387
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2019 6:23:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Tou8-Cz8is million your share is one of my faves also, always brings the "daylight come" /properly known as "Banana Boat" song to mind.
 cooldog65
Msg: 388
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2019 7:14:52 PM
One of the most beautiful songs I know...

Back To Nowhere - Valerie Simpson (1970)

https://youtu.be/YBZr1m1k1oE

[Verse 1]
Hold, hold me, hold me just
Hold me just one more time
To give me strength to carry on
Without the one, the one I depended on
Baby, please, touch me
Put your lips once more, once more, close to mine
So close to mine, so I won't forget or regret
The love that we intended to share

[Chorus]
'Cause it's a long way back to nowhere (Nowhere)
Like a river runs without destiny (Nowhere)
Without your love, that's how I'm gonna be
So please

[Verse 2]
Hold, hold me, hold me just like
Just like, just like you used to do
You used to do
And if the feeling's gone, honey, I won't hold on
But if you find it in your heart, in your heart you still care
Then, baby, don't take me back to nowhere

[Chorus]
'Cause it's a long way back to nowhere (Nowhere)
Like a river runs without destiny (Nowhere)
Without your love, that's how I'm gonna be
Baby, don't take me back, don't take me back
 backcreek7
Msg: 389
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2019 8:24:34 PM

no woman ~ no cry

^^^ In my top ten favorite love songs of all time reason ~ I think part of what makes this song so significant is, that Bob Marley realized, if you erase the past ~ you have nothing to remind you of your mistakes. Un-fortunately there are those who - after bringing the statues and monuments down, would then ban historical books, historical movies and any other memory they didn't approve of ( it's beyond a slippery slope ) In my opinion, the adage that > those that ignore the past are destined to repeat it , is true ^^^

^^^ Awesome Cooldog, your music is always appreciated here, thank you !!!!

Hi Inicia > Big hugs sweetheart, thank you much for each and every post of yours here. I truly appreciate and enjoy your contributions. Always, I read of your thoughts and very often I learn, something that I did not know.
Thank you much, my good friend

... the song below ~ Is dedicated to you Inicia , and reflects the sparkle in your eyes ...
~ heart / in your eyes / sun ~
 backcreek7
Msg: 390
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2019 9:06:50 PM

dedicated to Inicia ~ love you !

lyrics * - " Love I get so lost sometimes, sometimes days past and this emptiness fills my heart ..
................. When I want to run away, I drive off in my car, but which ever way I go ..
................. I come back to the place you are, all my instincts they return & the grand façade so soon will burn ..
................. Without a noise, without my pride, I reach out from the inside ..

................. In your eyes, the light the heat, in your eyes I am complete ..
................. In your eyes I see the doorway to a thousand churches ..
................. In your eyes, the resolution of all the fruitless searches, in your eyes I see the light and the heat ..
................. In your eyes, Oh I want to be that complete, I want to touch the light the heat in your eyes ..

................. Love ? I do not like to see so much pain, so much wasted and this moment keeps slippin' away ..
................. I get so tired of working so hard for our survival, I look to the time with you to keep me awake and alive ..
................. And all my instincts they return, and the grand façade so soon will burn ..
................. Without a noise, without my pride, I reach out for the inside ..

................. In your eyes, the light the heat ~ In your eyes I am complete, in your eyes I see the doorway ..
................. For a thousand churches ~ In your eyes, the resolution of all the fruitless searches ..
................. In your eyes, I see the light the heat ~ in your eyes I want to be that complete, I want to touch the light ..
................. The heat I see in your eyes, in your eyes, in your eyes, in your eyes ..

... IN YOUR EYES by Peter Gabriel ...
... > turn it up ^ ...
... heart / Inicia / sun ...
.................Without my pride, I reach out from the inside
 Inicia
Msg: 391
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2019 11:10:05 AM
thank back creek, you brought some more sparkle that always leaves me awed, so needed to stop! when my current emotional state subsides, i will listen the peter gabriel song that i knew to sing along /w, yet with fresh eyes and ears and may hear it without my route repetition . I tend to know love songs but have problems with individual artist's personification.
the theme music[for my current self reflection process- curbing my enthusiasm) has no words but the composition("frolic "by luciano michelini will be easily recollected and or enjoyed for many )i hope! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRm1_WK6vfU
Posted: 4/6/2019 12:56:18 PM

Back To Nowhere - Valerie Simpson (1970)

Damn, what a golden tone she has.

The song is about him contemplating the ending of his life. The last line is his assurance to her that even if he is physically gone....nothing really dies.

Hmmm. That does actually make sense.
 et_non
Msg: 393
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2019 2:36:18 PM
Snuff - Whatever happened to the likely lads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxEQGCON9B0
 Inicia
Msg: 394
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2019 5:10:17 PM
peter gabriel your eyes followed by dave matthews crash blasted the life in my heart strings thanks for wrapping up my sabbath with a wonderful bow BC 7?y? seven??n
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 395
Posted: 4/7/2019 3:29:35 AM
I interpret it as she's as fed up with his outlook as he is, and their relationship is on the verge of ending as a result.

Now that I've listened a few more times I see the relationship is over that their thoughts are not being shared with each other. With the phrase, "It's up to you" she is thinking he has to make the first move to reconcile. As for him.

The last line baffles me, though. (don't you worry, don't worry about a thing. Nothing really dies, nothing really ends)

Memories. Even if we're not together the memories will remain

he song is about him contemplating the ending of his life. The last line is his assurance to her that even if he is physically gone....nothing really dies.

Millions You're the reason I made this post. That is what I meant by off center thinking. Your thoughts surprised me.
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 396
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2019 5:12:03 AM
^"Millions You're the reason I made this post. That is what I meant by off center thinking. Your thoughts surprised me."

Off center maybe. But when I listened to the song and watched the video....I felt a man contemplating ending his life, reaching out to the only one who keeps him tethered here. Notice the lack of expression and affect when he sings the first verse...he becomes a bit more expressive in his second....but you can really feel the emotion in her voice and facial expressions when she tells him..."So the day will begin again.....Take comfort from me...." especiaally the second time. He's telling her he tired of everything and she's telling him he can "begin again"..."dig in again" but she knows she can't save him..."it's up you you".

The name of the song is "Pariah"....she calls him Pariah....because that's how he feels.

***just how I interpreted it. :)
Posted: 4/7/2019 5:49:22 AM
Women are generally better at interpreting song lyrics than I am. I am always focused on the progressions, melodies, and how everything emotes.

Here's another from Steven, but this one isn't very hard to interpret. It's about what a child yet to be born can expect after coming into this world.

He has a habit of ending his songs with his most impactful (yet simple) lines. In this song, it's "don't be afraid to die, don't be afraid to be alive."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVHJDOOmwZc
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 398
Posted: 4/7/2019 5:58:57 AM
Oh I understand your interpretation Millions. I just never imagined anyone else would see the darkness of the situation we both saw

Backcreek until you created this thread I hadn't realised how many of my songs were about relationships ending or ended. The first time I heard this it coincided with the realisation my marriage was finally over

The Watchmen - Absolutely Anytime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg4BwJMv9Zc

I see that you mean it
I see that you are serious
Have some faith in me
Like there used to be
Come Sunday I'll be leaving (yeah)

What do you want me to say (x2)
Absolutely anytime, What do you want me to say (x2)
Time

Time was that you would understand
No matter what you would believe in
That was years ago
Time's a thief you know
I never meant to be deceiving (yeah)

Absolutely anytime, What do you want me to say (x4)
Time (x4)

Where's the tenderness
Where's that girl I miss
Where's the sweetness that would send me flying
Bring her back to me
A grain of apathy
This life is yours
There's no denying (yeah)

Absolutely anytime, What do you want me to say (x4)
Time (12)
 Inicia
Msg: 399
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2019 6:17:41 AM
for poet driftingback: Talking Heads Once in a lifetime:
And you may find yourself
Living in a shotgun shack
In another part of the world
Behind the wheel of a large automobile
And you may find yourself in a beautiful house
With a beautiful wife
And you may ask yourself, well
How did I get here?
Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by, water flowing underground
Into the blue again after the money's gone
Once in a lifetime, water flowing underground
And you may ask yourself
How do I work this?
And you may ask yourself
Where is that large automobile?
And you may tell yourself
This is not my beautiful house!
And you may tell yourself
This is not my beautiful wife!
Same as it ever was
"repeat"
Water dissolving and water removing
There is water at the bottom of the ocean
Under the water, carry the water
Remove the water at the bottom of the ocean!
Into the blue again in the silent water
Under the rocks, and stones there is water underground
And you may ask yourself
What is that beautiful house?
And you may ask yourself
Where does that highway go to?
And you may ask yourself
Am I right? Am I wrong?
And you may say yourself, "My God! What have I done?"
Into the blue again in to the silent water
Under the rocks and stones, there is water underground
Same as it ever was
"repeat "
Same as it ever was
Look where my hand was
Time isn't holding up
Time isn't after us
Same as it ever was

Letting the days go by (same as it ever was)
Letting the days go by (same as it ever was)
Once in a lifetime
Letting the days go by
Letting the days go by
 Inicia
Msg: 400
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2019 6:32:55 AM
"reckless" Strangers by accident https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4oH8cu5GWI (can't find studio quality recording)
Modest Mouse "Strangers to Ourselves
We're lucky that
We're lucky that we slept
Didn't seem like we realized we'd be stuck in traffic
We're lucky that we slept
Not to be confused the points from the purpose
We're lucky that
We're lucky that we're so capable to forget
How lucky we are, that we are, so easy to forget
How often we become susceptible to regret
I do regret

How often we are confused
How honestly we have tried
But we'll forget
We have designed, have designed, have designed more unusual things as yet
How often we are confused
How honestly we have tried
But will forget
We'll forget
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > backcreek 7's playlist ~ all music welcomed !