Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > backcreek 7's playlist ~ all music welcomed !      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 126
view profile
History
backcreek 7's playlist ~ all music welcomed !Page 6 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
Well I'll see your moonshine and raise you a whiskey. This song is said to be over 400 years old but still popular with the kiddies. The video is Metallica's version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boanuwUMNNQ

Whiskey in the Jar

As I was goin' over
The Cork and Kerry Mountains
I saw Captain Farrell
And his money, he was countin'
I first produced my pistol
And then produced my rapier
I said, "Stand and deliver or the devil he may take ya"

I took all of his money
And it was a pretty penny
I took all of his money,
Yeah, and I brought it home to Molly
She swore that she loved me,
No, never would she leave me
But the devil take that woman,
Yeah, for you know she tricked me easy

Musha rain dum a doo, dum a da
Whack for my daddy, oh
Whack for my daddy, oh
There's whiskey in the jar, oh

Being drunk and weary
I went to Molly's chamber
Takin' Molly with me
But I never knew the danger
For about six or maybe seven,
Yeah, in walks Captain Farrell
I jumped up, fired my pistols
And I shot him with both barrels

Yeah, musha rain dum a doo, dum a da, ha, yeah
Whack for my daddy, oh
Whack for my daddy, oh
There's whiskey in the jar, oh

Yeah, whiskey, yo, whiskey
Oh, oh, yeah
Oh, oh, yeah

Now some men like a fishin'
But some men like the fowlin'
Some men like to hear,
To hear the cannonball roarin'
Me, I like sleepin',
'Specially in my Molly's chamber
But here I am in prison,
Here I am with a ball and chain, yeah

Musha rain dum a doo, dum a da, heh, heh
Whack for my daddy, oh
Whack for my daddy, oh
There's whiskey in the jar, oh, yeah
 backcreek7
Msg: 127
view profile
History
backcreek 7's playlist ~ all music welcomed !
Posted: 2/14/2019 9:23:54 AM
*** ^^^ Well I'll see your whiskey ( cool song Rise ) and raise you a bottle of Mad Dog 20 / 20 , col *** ^^^

Lyrics * " Well my name's John Lee Pettimore, same as my daddy and his daddy before ..
................ You hardly ever saw Grandaddy down here, He only came to town about twice a year ..
................ He'd buy a hundred pounds of yeast and some copper line, everybody knew that he made moonshine ..
................ Now the revenue man wanted Grandaddy bad, he headed up the holller with everything he had ..

................ It's before my time, but I've been told - he never came back from Copperhead road ..
................ Now Daddy ran the whiskey in a big black Dodge, bought it at an auction at the Masons Lodge ..
................ Johnson County Sheriff painted on the side, just a shot coat of primer then he looked inside ..
................ Well me and my uncle tore that engine down, I still remember that rumblin' sound ..

................ Well the Sheriff came around in the middle of the night, heard Mama cryin' knew somethin' wasn't right ..
................ He was headed down to Knoxville with the weekly load, you could smell the whiskey burnin' down Copperhead Road ..
............... I volunteered for the Army on my birthday, they draft the white trash first, 'round here anyway ..
............... I done two tours of duty in Vietnam, and I came home with a brand new plan ..
............... I take the seed from Columbia and Mexico , I plant it up the holler down Copperhead Road ..

............... Well the D.E. A's got a chopper in the air, I wake up screamin' like I'm back over there ..
............... I learned a thing or two from Charley don't you know, You better stay away from Copperhead Road ..
............... Copperhead Road ~ Copperhead Road ~ Copperhead Road .. "

... COPPERHEAD ROAD by Steve Earle ...

... > turn it up ^ ...
... heart / marijuana / sun ...
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2019 9:40:44 AM
Since it appears we have theme going I'll reach into the archives again with

Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWWsfrfq69A

One pill makes you larger, and one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you, don't do anything at all
Go ask Alice, when she's ten feet tall

And if you go chasing rabbits, and you know you're going to fall
Tell 'em a hookah-smoking caterpillar has given you the call
And call Alice, when she was just small

When the men on the chessboard get up and tell you where to go
And you've just had some kind of mushroom, and your mind is moving low
Go ask Alice, I think she'll know

When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the white knight is talking backwards
And the red queen's off with her head
Remember what the dormouse said
Feed your head, feed your head
 backcreek7
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2019 3:39:43 PM

*** The songs I post for particular people in here, have no direct reference to or about them. I just sometimes dedicate to them, because I like the people. And since I really like the song, I'm thinking maybe they will to ! Anyway, thought I would clear that up, although many people probably won't happen to read this anyway . Especially pertinent since a good many of the songs can be a bit bizarre at times *** col
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2019 4:35:13 PM
speaking of mad dog 20/20.....

try some ziggy pockets on for size.

mad dog
or
God bless west virgina
 backcreek7
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2019 6:31:52 PM

try some ziggy pockets on for size

^^^ Omg ! loved them both RWR !! Takes me back a 1/2 century or so, a 15 year old kid with an 18 year olds ID. Yep, that Mad Dog 20/20, Ripple & Bali Hai kept me floatin' in 7th heaven, drunk as the proverbial skunk, col . Now those three fine " licquors " were all smoothly in my dollar range of possible weekly expenditures ( in other words, I was s*hitstruck broke most of the time )

... Yep had a fine drunk goin' on, thanks to that licquid kerosene I ingested everytime I un-screwed those corks, col. Took me from a Washington Dc leathercoated greaser to a long haired Georgetown happy hippy overnite, lol ! ( & that is what is MOST important ~ To keep the hippyhappy ! )

... heart / cheap wine / sun .. ( burp !! ) ...
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2019 8:26:36 PM
for me it's fall leaves...
 CBGB77
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2019 6:45:29 AM
I have a Love Hangover from Valentines Day

If there's a cure for this
I don't want it
I don't want it
If there's a remedy
I'll run from it
From it
Think about it all the time
Never let it out of my mind
'Cause I love you
I've got the sweetest hangover
I don't wanna get over
Sweetest hangover
Yeah, I don't wanna get over
I don't wanna get
I don't wanna get over
Ooh, I don't need no cure
I don't need no cure
I don't need no cure
Sweet lovin'
Sweet, sweet love
Sweet, sweet love
Sweet, sweet, sweet, sweet love
Don't call a doctor (sweet, sweet, sweet, sweet)
Don't call her momma
Don't call her preacher (love)
No, I don't need it
I don't want it
Sweet love, I love you
Sweet love, need love
I don't want it
I don't want it no, no
I don't want it
I don't need it
 cooldog65
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2019 8:35:49 AM
^^^ Diana Ross...One of planet Earth's most beautiful ladies!
 backcreek7
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2019 9:19:13 AM

for me it's fall leaves...

^^^ Ha ha ! noticed you ( RWR ) used my patented ... ( ... ) lmnelto ( laugh my non existent lil' tail off ) Next you'll be borrowing my overly used & retarded (((( ... ))) parenthesis , col. Hey ole buddy, buddy, buddy boy ! >>> Speaking of leaves, I have a deal for ya, I know you absolutely cannot resist !!!

... You come over to my yard ( 20 oaks, here before us dumb a-ss white f-ers were here even on the continent maybe ) AND, I will only charge YOU - 25 $ per hour to rake MY leaves with me. That's a deal too ! Anybody else but you, I would charge 50$ per hour, but your pretty cool so, you get the " rake my leaves discount " ... >> Without females, not only would life be horribly boring & filled with male produced death & destruction but simply put, life would not be worth living !

... Dido Florian Cloud Bounevialle O' Malley Armstrong ... ( what a long F- in name, col ) An English singer and song writer Dido attained international success wither debut album. It sold over 21 million copies worldwide, and won her several awards...
 backcreek7
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2019 9:58:10 AM
Several of my next posts, are dedicated to our " fairer " sex > Our lovely women, here on POF forums
*lyrics - " I know you think I shouldn't love you, I'll tell you that ..
............... But if I didn't say it, well I'd still have felt it, where's the sense in that ?
............... I promise I'm not trying to make your life harder, or return to where we were ..

............... Well I will go down with this ship, And I won't put my hands up and surrender ..
............... There will be no white flag above my door, I'm in love and always will be ..

................ I know I have left too much mess and destruction, to come back again ..
................ And I've caused nothing but trouble, I understand if you can't talk too me again ..
................ And if you live by the rules of " it's over " then I'm sure that that makes sense ..

............... Well I will go down with this ship, and I won't put my hands up and surrender ..
............... There will be no white flag above my door, I'm in love and always will be ..

............... And when we meet, and I'm sure we will. All that was then , will be there still ..
............... I'll let it pass and hold my tongue, and you will think that I've moved on ..

............... Well I will go down with this ship, and I won't put my hands up and surrender ..

... WHITE FLAG by Dido ...
... > turn it up ^ ...
... heart / dido / sun ...
 backcreek7
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2019 5:04:20 PM
... lyrics * - " Hey shut up ! Don't lie to me, you think I'm blind but I got eyes to see ..
..................... Hey mister, how do you do? Oh pardon me, I thought I knew you ..
..................... Would you stand back baby, 'cause I want to get a better look ? ..
..................... The big man who couldn't handle, the little bit of love you took ..

..................... Hey hey, have a heart, hey have a heart . If you don't love me why don't you let me go ? ..
..................... Have a heart please, oh don't you have a heart ? Little by little you fade, while I fall apart - oh oh ..

..................... Oh darling, I love you so, I told you yes, then you told me no ..
..................... Baby? How can you say, you should be free and I should pay and pay ..
..................... And you talk and talk about what you need, but sooner or later your love is gonna make me bleed ..

..................... Hey hey have a heart, hey have a heart - If you don't love me why don't you let me go ? ..
..................... Have a heart please, oh don't you have a heart ? Little by little you fade while I fall apart, oh oh ..

..................... Talk on , talk on - but love is what you need, And sooner or later that love is gonna make you bleed ..
..................... Hey hey have a heart, hey have a heart - if you don't love me why don't you let me go? ..
..................... Have a heart please, oh don't you have a heart ? Little by little you fade, while I fall apart ..
..................... But don't you run away baby ..

..................... Hey hey have a heart, hey hey have a heart ..
..................... Hey hey have a heart, hey hey have a heart ..

... HAVE A HEART by Bonnie Raitt ... ( < favorite female artist ! )
... > turn it up ^ ...
... heart / have one please / sun ...
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2019 6:33:31 PM
this is the cadence of golf:

til tomorrow david davis

backcreek7
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2019 6:49:16 PM
^^^ Cool RWR ^^^

... Got a HUGE kick outta that white boys rap ( Hey > weeze white boys can rap with the best, I do believe !! ) Think I heard a curse word or three in there as well. Hmmm ? Like my favorite introduction is >

... " My name is DUCK, and I don't give a F*UCK " < guess I'm thinkin' ( with all due respect my friend ) you may find that highly interesting RWR - lmfao !

... heart / f*ucking good white boy rap / sun ...
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2019 8:23:21 AM
introduction or "introdiction"...

by scrubious pip

backcreek7
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2019 10:30:26 AM

Like I said RWR, us pale pathetic white m-f-ers can rap up a storm. Ok ! in the vein of " female artist / vocalists " > below is another number I find fascinating, if not a bit amusing

... Once, long ago in the land of nod ( " Shut the f*uck up Rick & pass that there joint, will ya dumb-ass ? ".

... Soon after, this mysterious song comes on the radio - was by The Jefferson Airplane with " Grace Slick " writing and doing vocals. Back then there were NO computers, so we had no idea what the song was about. It seemed to be about a retarded kid who liked lying around nude on the beach- doing coke, while flapping / thrashing his arms wildly and drawing pictures in the sand that looked like bumps. Ahhhh ? I thought to myself - " self " >although this borders on the ingenious, I really do feel sorry for this dude. I also was thinking, this must be Ms Slicks poor m-f n child & she wrote this song so he could become " famous " ... puff ... puff ... puff !!!

... Welp ! 4 centuries later ( laugh )I find out that it was about the Jefferson Airplanes drummer, who had just turned the over the hill age of 30 years old . BOO !!! ... ( will try to post it after I flame up a big roach I got here )
 backcreek7
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2019 10:52:34 AM
... puff ~ nic nic nic ~ puff nic nic nic ~ puff nic nic nic ~ puff ( lol ) ...
... Lyrics * - " Lather was thirty years old today, they took away all of his toys ..
..................... His mother sent newspaper clippings to him, about his old friends who stopped being boys ..
..................... There was Horwitz E. Green, just turned thirty three, his leather chair waits at the bank ..
..................... And Sgt. Dow Jones, twenty seven years old, commanding his very own tank ..

..................... But Lather still finds it a nice thing to do, to lie about nude in the sand ..
..................... Drawing pictures of mountains that look like bumps, and thrashing the air with his hands ..
..................... But wait oh Lather is productive you know, he produces the finest of sound ..
..................... Putting drumsticks on either side of his nose, snorting the best licks in town ..

..................... But that's all over ( < my tear & wan ) ..

..................... Lather was thirty years old today, and lather came foam from his tongue ..
..................... He looked at me eyeswide and plainly said, Is it true that I'm no longer young ? ..
..................... And the children call him famous, what the old men ( me, col ) call insane ..
..................... And sometimes he's so nameless, that he hardly knows which game to play, which words to say ..
..................... And I should have told him " no your not old " ..
..................... And I should have let him go on, smiling ~ baby-eyed ..

... LATHER by The Jefferson Airplane ( following female theme here > w/ Grace Slick < female vocalist & song writer ) ...

... > turn it up ^ ...

... heart / Lather / LSD / sun ...
 backcreek7
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2019 5:42:28 PM

Xolie Morra Cogley is the lead singer songwriter with the Seattle band " Xolie Morra & The Strange Kind . She is just an outrageously fantastic singer but, a great person as well. Being an active representative of the Autism community, she often speaks personally about her life with Asperger's Syndrome. Their music can be considered somewhat eclectic, folk and even just a tad > pop rock. Any f-in ways, the group is bad a-ss DELUXE !!!
........... Please check out the song BLACK DOG ( like a ghost ) turn it up ^

woof
 _Rise_Above_This_
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2019 6:10:17 PM
And now for something completely different.

The Tragically Hip - Courage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhpezwGtDEg

Watch the band through a bunch of dancers
Quickly, follow the unknown,
with something more familiar
Quickly, something familiar

Courage, my word it, didn't come it doesn't matter

Sleepwalk, so fast asleep in a motel that has the lay of home
and piss on all of your background
And piss on all your surroundings

Courage, my word, it didn't come, it doesn't matter
Courage, your word, it didn't come, it doesn't matter
Courage, it couldn't come at a worse time

Some simple explanation
For anything important any of us do
And yeah the human tragedy
Consists in the necessity
Of living with the consequences
Under pressure, under pressure

Courage, my word, it didn't come, it doesn't matter,
Courage, your word, it didn't come, it doesn't matter
Courage, it couldn't come at a worse time
It couldn't come at a worse time
It couldn't come at a worse time
Courage
 backcreek7
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2019 10:38:24 AM

completely different

^^^ Awesome song brother !! ^^^ Thank you, doubt I would have ever become aware of the group ! I just finished a book about Fleetwood Mac. Written by Mick Fleetwood, I recommend the book to ANYONE who loves the group, as I surely do. Thing is, the two very important & critical additions to the bands success, are women ( Stevie Nicks / Christine Mcvie ) They did not join the group until, what is considered to be Fleetwood Macs " later" years.

....... Although, the group was definitely good without them - they by know means, could have even become close to the phenomenal sound, created by the assistance of these two lovely, ultra talented ladies.

....... Christine Anne Perfect was born in Lancashire England, her mother claimed to be a psychic / faith healer medium. Her father was a concert pianist / violin player. Christine married John Mcvie ( bass player ) and this actual coupling, along with Stevie Nicks and f-ing outrageous guitar player Lindsey Buckingham sent the band into a combination that would " rule the rock world ".... As a sad note, recently Lindsey suffered permanent vocal cord damage due to a heart operation ( tear ) There also was another problem, Christine is afraid to fly ( as I myself am ! ) This almost ended her part in the bands huge success, as she wanted to remain in England. On a side note - Christines voice is so notewise & pure - they used to use her to tune their pianos. Her smokey, alto delivery is world renowned throughout rock music performers.

....... I will not go into, or mention any further the bands outrageous love for drugs, especially cocaine. For sure, they are lucky to be alive today, and many others know that themselves. Coke surely is capable and proven to be an indifferent killer, destroying people from the inside out ...... From an exciting wonderful rush and a speedtype high, death awaits you, with each and every line ! I am not a preacher but I will say - do yourself an f-in favor, get off the s*hit before your heart explodes, nothing is worth > the emptiness & nothingness of DEATH, I know of what I speak > believe me.

... heart / coke is death / sun ...
 backcreek7
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2019 10:57:39 AM

Christine Mcvie's voice is so perfectly produced, that Fleetwood Mac often used it to " tune " their pianos. If you know anything about music, you'll know that this is extremely unusual

lyrics* " Can you hear me calling, calling out your name ? You know that I'm falling, and I don't know what to say ..
.............. I'll speak a little louder, I'll even shout - You now that I am proud, an I can't get the words out ..
.............. Oh, I want to be with you everywhere. Oh, I wanna to be with you everywhere ..

.............. Something's happening, happening to me - my friends are saying I'm acting peculiarly ..
.............. C'mon baby, we better make a start - you better make it soon before you break my heart ..
.............. Oh, I want to be with you everywhere. Oh, I wanna be with you everywhere ..

... EVERWHERE by Christine McVie / Fleetwood Mac ... ( also REALLY love the song Bare Trees ) ...
... > turn it up ^ ...
... heart / Christine McVie / sun ...
 backcreek7
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2019 1:15:04 PM

10'000 Maniacs ~ " Trouble Me " > Natilie Merchant lead singer

... 10,000 Maniacs is an American band founded in 1981. With Natilie Merchant at the helm as lead singer of the group , they produced the song " Trouble me ". This song , I think - as non complex as it is , still ranks up there in the top ten love songs of all time ( in my OP ). Granted, the vocal stands out but - the lyrics / music are simple, heart felt & poignant. In 1993 Natilie Merchant chose to leave the group to follow a solo career.

... Things did not always go easy for the group after that, often struggling and at times. They even had too rake leaves, sell blood or do odd jobs just to stay together. After their guitar player ( Rob Buck ) died of liver failure, the band splintered and reproduced itself many times. Success has temporarily eluded them, hopefully this will be a short time situation.

... TROUBLE ME by 10,000 Maniacs ... ( choose youtube selection Trouble Me / 10, 000 maniacs ( by Natilie Merchant " LIVE " ...
> ( " LIVE " on U.S TV ) turn it up ^ ...
... heart / sun ...
 backcreek7
Msg: 148
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2019 1:37:35 PM
... *** Another beautiful song, sung by a " beautiful women " > Take my word for it though ~ it doesn't matter what a woman looks like on the outside, it is what is on the inside that counts ! ***

... note * > check out studio version with 10,000 maniacs / Natilie & her " live" version without the band ...

....................... Trouble Me ...

....................... Speak to me, don't mis-lead me, the calm I feel means a storm is swelling ..
....................... Speak to me, there's no telling where it starts or how it ends ..
....................... Speak to me, why are you building, this thick brick wall to defend me ? ..
....................... Speak to me, when your silence is my greatest fear ..

....................... Why let your shoulders bend, underneath this burden, when my back is sturdy and strong ~ speak to me ..

........................ Let me look inside theses eyes, while I'm learning, let me ..
........................ Please don't hide them, just because of tears ..
........................ Let me send you off too sleep, with a " There now stop your turning and tossing " ..
........................ Let me know where the hurt is, and how to heal ..
........................ Spare, Spare me - Don't spare me anything troubling ..
........................ Speak to me, and let our words build a shelter from the storm ..
........................ Let me, and lastly - let me know what I can mend ..

........................ There's more honesty. then my sweet friend you can see ..
........................ Trust is what I'm offering, If you trouble me ..

... > turn it up ^ ...
...... heart / sun ......
 backcreek7
Msg: 149
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2019 11:03:59 PM

... >>> MTC turn it up ^ ...
... heart / wink / sun ...
 backcreek7
Msg: 150
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2019 11:24:27 PM
... lyrics * - " A hundred days have made me older, since the last time I saw your pretty face ..
..................... A thousand lies have made me colder, and I don't think I can look at this the same ..
..................... All the miles that separate, disappear now when I'm dreaming of your face ..

..................... I'm here without you baby, but your still on my lonely mind ..
..................... I think about you baby, and I dream about you all the time ..
..................... I'm here without you baby, but your still with me in my dreams ..
..................... And tonight girl , it's only you and me ..

..................... The miles just kept rollin', as the people leave their way to say hello ..
..................... I've heard this life is overrated, but I hope that it gets better as we go ..
..................... Everything I know and anywhere I go, it gets hard but it won't take away my love ..
..................... And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, it gets hard but it won't take away my love ..

..................... I'm here without you baby, but your still on my lonely mind ..
..................... I think about you baby and I dream about you all the time ..
..................... I'm here without you baby, but your still with me in my dreams ..
..................... And tonight, its only you and me ..

... HERE WITHOUT YOU by 3 Doors Down ...
... > turn it up ^ ...
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > backcreek 7's playlist ~ all music welcomed !