Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > backcreek 7's playlist ~ all music welcomed !      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MyTrueCompanion
Msg: 151
backcreek 7's playlist ~ all music welcomed !Page 7 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
https://youtu.be/s7FGbhpr2pg

4 mr back creek ^^^
 backcreek7
Msg: 152
view profile
History
backcreek 7's playlist ~ all music welcomed !
Posted: 2/19/2019 2:03:47 PM
^^ Thank you sweetheart ^^ really dig inxs, shame that dude croaked ! Liked the other song you gave me, yeah - a very catchy lil' tune it was, col ....... I got the impression, that chick had somethin' to say, and an unique f-in way of delivering it .... ( laugh ) Anyhoo, seems we ( youze & meeze ) will enjoy each others music, looking forward to it !

... Gonna try and post a new song ( just released, col ) about OUR sultan of sin ( the devil, col ) > isn't always easy cuz pof acts finicky more then not. After that, it is back to honoring our " female " song writers / singers .
... You know MTC ? I'm glad your back !

... heart / MTC is back / sun ...
 backcreek7
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2019 2:58:52 PM

brand new song, right off the presses ~ probably NEVER been heard & you all will be the very first !!!

... for MTC & company ...

... lyrics * - " Now my baby wasn't even decided, about our wedding ring ..
.................... When it comes to marryin', it didn't seem to 'mount to a thing ..
.................... But I been dealin' with the devil, I been dealin' with the devil ..
.................... I believe I been dealin' with the devil, my woman don't love me no mo' ..
.................... Well now, I got the meanest woman, the meanest woman you most ev'are seen ..
.................... She slept with an ice pick in her hand man ( turn it up ^ heart / the devils blues / sun ...
 backcreek7
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2019 3:20:06 PM
( continued )

..... " Well I got the meanest woman, the meanest woman you most ev'are seen ..
........ She slept with an ice in her hand man, and she fights all in her dream ..
........ I sooner be sleepin' with the devil, I sooner be sleepin' with the devil, I sooner been sleppin' with the devil ..
........ A - my woman don't love me no more ..

....... Now, my mother said one thing you know, and then father said the same ..
....... You keep on foolin' around Sonny Boy, woman really gonna change your name .
....... I been dealin' with the devil, I ben dealin' with the devil, I been dealin' wth the devil ..
....... My woman don't love me no mo' .. yeah yeah yeah ..

....... Ah, You know I been havin'? You know? little you know? ~ friendly, just friendly with the devil you know ..
....... Yeah, but I got in a lil' trouble, I don't do that no mo' > watch !
....... Now baby, you know I ain't goin' down this big road by myself ..
....... Now if I can't take you, I'll take somebody else, because I been dealin' with the devil ..
....... I been dealin' with the devil, I been dealin' with the devil & my woman don't love me no mo' ..

... I BEEN DEALIN' WITH THE DEVIL by Sonny Williamson ( written by John Lee Hooker )
... > turn it up ^ ...
... heart / the DEVIL made me post this song / sun
 MyTrueCompanion
Msg: 155
Posted: 2/19/2019 5:49:17 PM
^^
GREAT SONG

and I can assure you...I don't have the devil in MY PANTS

LOL
 backcreek7
Msg: 156
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2019 8:45:56 PM

I can assure you...I don't have the devil in MY PANTS

^^^ This is good to know ! And I promise, I will make NO comment concerning any location of any so called " Blond Angel " at this time, promise !! col

... no I won't, I won't do it ... nope, no way ... !!!

... The song next will follow the female theme of music I have been doing, two sisters here ~ Ann and Nancy Wilson from the group Heart. They both are beautiful singers, sharing lead vocals often. Nancy also plays the mandolin and Ann plays both flute and guitar. Hearts major period of success was the 70's, but us old dudes and dudessas want them to keep going so, they agreed with us to play til' they can't function anymore and are ready to croak ( & then, beyond that maybe )
... Favorite song of mine ? No doubt whatsoever > Dog & Butterfly !!

... I can just picture a dog a leapin' & a chasin' all these f-in butterflies all around. BUT !! don't get to la la la la , kumbaya > OH !! how precious on me !! Eventually the dogs ( brilliant animals that they are ) " BARK ! BARK !! BARK !!! Screw this c*rap, lets head back to the barn for some kibbles and bits, these butterflys ain't got no fin meat on um' anybarkin' way !! ... Will post the song tomorrow, all this talk about dogs has made me need to get to the nearest bush !
... heart / need to pee / sun ...
 backcreek7
Msg: 157
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2019 8:47:15 AM
... DOG AND BUTTERFLY by Heart ...
... lyrics* - "There I was with the old man, stranded again so off I ran ..
................... A young world crashing around me , no possibilities of getting what I need ..
................... He looked at me and smiled, said no no no no, no child ..

................... See the dog and butterfly, up in the air it likes to fly - Dog and butterfly, below she had to try ..
................... She roll back down to the warm soft ground, laughing ..
................... She don't know, she don't know why - dog and butterfly ..

................... Well I stumbled across your secret place, safe in the trees you had tears on your face ..Dog and butterfly
................... Wrestling with your desires, frozen strangers stealing your desires ..
................... The message hit my mind, only words that I could find ..

................... See the dog and butterfly, up in the air it likes to fly - Dog and butterfly, below she had to try ..
................... She don't know , she don't know why - dog and butterfly ..

................... We're getting older, the worlds getting colder - for the life of me I don't know the answer why ..
................... Maybe it's livin', making us give in, hearts rolling in - taken back on the tide ..
................... We're balanced together, ocean upon the sky ..

................... She don't know, she don't know why - dog and butterfly ..

................... Another night in this strange town , moonlight holding me - light as down ..
................... Voice of confusion inside of me, no begging to go back where I'm free ..
................... Feels like I'm through, then the old mans words were true ..
................... See the dog and butterfly ................

... > turn it up ^...
... heart / gettin' butterflies just listenin' / sun ...
 MyTrueCompanion
Msg: 158
Posted: 2/20/2019 8:54:53 AM
IMO ANN WILSON IS ONE OF THE BEST FEMALE VOCALISTS, if not THES BEST!

her voice has gotten better w/ age

Heard her at Bethel Woods a few times in the last several years

she is better than Stevie Nicks & Pat Benatar (currently)
 backcreek7
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2019 6:47:04 PM

her voice has gotton better with age

^^^ " Better with age " > Just as the soul of a women gets, as it continues to learn, love and grow ... And I totally agree MTC, I cannot think of another womans voice to compare to Anns. And that is a difficult statement as there are so many GREAT women vocalists.

... Speaking of soul, my next song is performed by one of the greatest " Queens " of such ~ Chaka Khan . Born Yvelte Marie Stevens, better know as Chaka Khan ~ is an American singer, songwriter & musician. She's been putting out the hits for 50 years & soon will make the Rock N' Roll Hall of fame. She started in the 70's, with the funk band Rufus - also, she was first to have a hit song with a " rapper " performing. Known as the " Queen of Funk ", she has won 10 grammys, sold 70 million records, has 3 gold albums, and one platinum. She is also ranked #17 in vh1's list of the GREATEST women in Rock & Roll history... The song below is my favorite, although it was hard to pick ..

... ps MTC ?? If I happen to disappear outta here, would you mind having my profile pic put on several thousand new wine bottle backs ? I want all my friends to know I'm missing, col ( chuckle out loud ) ...
... heart / sun ...
 backcreek7
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2019 7:08:25 PM
... lyrics* " Captured effortlessly, that's the way it was ..
.................. Happened so naturally, I did not know it was love ..
.................. The next thing I felt was , you holding me close ..
.................. What was I gonna do? I let myself go ..
.................. And now we're flyin' through the star, I hope this night will last forever ..

.................. I've been waiting for you, it's been so long ..
.................. I knew just what I would do, when I heard your song..
.................. Filled my heart with your bliss, gave me freedom ..
.................. You knew I could not resist, I needed someone ..
.................. And now we're flyin' through the stars, I hope this night will last forever, Oh - oh - oh ..
.................. Ain't nobody, loves me better ~ makes me happy, makes me feel this way ..
.................. Ain't nobody loves me better than you..

.................. I wait for nightime to come to bring you to me ..
.................. Can't believe I'm the one, I was so lonely ..
.................. I feel like no-one could feel, I must be dreaming ..
.................. I want the dream to be real, I need this feelin' ..
.................. I make my wish upon a star, and hope this night will last forever ..

.................. Ain't nobody, loves me better ~ makes me happy, makes me feel this way ..
.................. Ain't nobody, loves me better then you ..

.................. An first you put your arms around me, then you put your charms around me ..
.................. I can't resist this sweet surrender, oh my nights are warm and tender ..
.................. We stare into each others eyes, and what we see is no surprise ..
.................. Got a feeling most will treasure, and a love so deep we cannot measure ..
.................. Ain't nobody loves me better ~ makes me happy, makes me feel this way ..
.................. Ain't nobody LOVES me better, then YOU ...............

... AIN'T NOBODY by Chaka Khan ...
... > turn it up ^ ...
 backcreek7
Msg: 161
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2019 9:05:42 PM

several thousand new wine bottles backs

^^^ MTC ? I meant to say > " several boxes of wine " & just distribute in my area here, I've really only got an average number of friends ( like 4 & 27 fish though ) And we're into those $18.99 box ones ( 5 litres ) < like wtf, GOD !!! I love Walmart, you can always get a good 'ole box of vino, at a fair price ~~ BURP ! ~~~ BURP !! ~~~ BURP !!!

... heart / BURP ! / sun ...
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 162
Posted: 2/22/2019 9:07:08 PM
Mario Andretti would be sure been proud
Of the way I was moving when I passed that crowd
Coming out the door and headed toward me at a trot
And I guess I should of gone ahead and run
But somehow I just couldn't resist the fun
Of chasing them all just once around the parking lot
Well they headed for their car, but I hit the gas
And spun around and headed them off at the pass
I was slinging gravel and putting a ton of dust in the air
I had them all out there stepping and fetching
Like their heads was on fire and their asses was catching
Then I figured I had better go ahead and split before the cops got there
When I hit the road I was really wheeling
Had gravel flying and rubber squealing
And I didn't slow down till I was almost to Arkansas
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2019 9:14:27 PM
Fall For You....

Leela James

"Will you promise to be there?
Stay by my side always?
Whenever I need you
Don't let me down, no, no
If I give you my all, don't let me fall
Would you do that for me, hold me?
Will you love, will you love me?
My heart is ready
For love and to be loved
And I chose you, baby
That's the one thing I'm sure of
So I will take this one last step"
 backcreek7
Msg: 164
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2019 11:40:54 AM

^^^ Great song John, absolutely love the Charlie Daniels Band ( tune is Uneasy Rider ) look forward to more of your favorites sir ! & Million Reasons - beautiful song > REALLY nice, the woman is VERY gifted . Hats off to the piano player, he knows his stuff happens everytime, woof ! ... The SNZ was formed in the 90's with Katherine & hubby - kind of a jazz / blues / swing / jump type of music ~ which I dig like > super deluxe !!!!!

... The group did not last long, unfortunately ( bummer ) ...
... heart / sun ...
 backcreek7
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2019 12:02:34 PM
^^^ POF chopped off f-in most of what I printed ( and I didn't woof at the male piano player btw > like WTF ) but will & did proudly woof at the SNZ lead singer ! I ALWAYS reserve & send my woofs to females only ~ like brrrrrrrr woof there atcha females & brrrrrrr woof atcha million > col ! ( chuckle out loud ) > this song is by Katherine Whalen < (woof) & the Squirrel Nut Zippers. Thank you for your post million, look forward to hearing more !

( this song is for you MILLION )

lyrics * - " That lowdown man of mine, mistreats me all the time ..
................. He says he loves me only but, turns around and leaves me lonely ..
................. If he could see through my eyes, and be the one who cries ..
................. He would see he would never be, that lowdown man of mine ..

................. That lowdown man, with his lowdown ways - I know he'll go someday ..
................. It won't be long, but from now on - if he could see through my eyes and be the one who cries ..
................. He would see he would never be , that lowdown man of mine ..
................. If he could see through my eyes, and be the one who cries, he would see and he'd come back to me ..
................. That lowdown man .............

... LOWDOWN MAN by the Squirrel Nut Zippers ...
... > turn it up ^ ...
... heart / blues / female lead singer / sun ...
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 166
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2019 2:25:03 PM
one of my favs^^^^

arlo McKinley

bag of pills

thanks backcreek
I think this thread helps me be more abstract and creative.

damn sometimes I want to hear more than food
 backcreek7
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Posted: 2/23/2019 2:26:56 PM

An American Band > the Dixie Chicks were founded by Laura Lynch ( upright bass ) Robin Lynn Macy ( guitarist ) & the much talented sisters Martie and Emily Erwin ( vocalists ) in 1989

lyrics* " I said I wanna touch the earth, break it in my hands - I wannna grow something wild & unruly ..
............. I wanna sleep on the hard ground, in the comfort of your arms ..
............. On a pillow of blue bonnets, in a blanket made of stars, oh it sounds good to me ..
............. I said, cowboy take me away - fly this girl as high as you can, into the wild blue ..
............. Set me free oh I pray, closer to heaven above and closer to you, closer to you ..

............. I wanna walk and not run,skip and not fall - I wanna look at the horizon and not see a buiding standing tall ..
............. I wanna be the only one , for miles and miles - except for you and your simple smile ..
............. Oh it sounds good to me, yes it sounds good to me ...
............. Cowboy take me away, fly this girl as high as you can into the wild blue, set me free oh I pray ..
............. Closer to heaven above and closer to you, closer to you ..

............. I said, I wanna touch the earth - I wanna break it in my hands, I wanna grow something wild & unruly ..
............. Oh, it sounds so good to me, cowboy take me away - fly this girl as high as you can into the wild blue ..
............. Set me free oh I pray, closer to heaven above and closer to you, closer to you ..
............. Cowboy take me away, closer to YOU .............

... COWBOY TAKE ME AWAY ( closer to you ) by the Dixie Chicks ...
... > turn it up ^ ...
 backcreek7
Msg: 168
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2019 10:51:49 AM

The following rock group ( following my theme of female artists ) > Mermaids in the Basement, are an American band from the Hamptons. They create original music that reach to the core of the human experience. MITB's lead singer Sheela Fortner moves her audience with her " from the gut " velvet delivery of soul, rock, blues and folk. Lead guitarist Jill Harris lays down the canvass of a rocking melody, while bassist Beth Whyle puts down the deep bass blues that stir an ancient rhythm. Robert Gibson backs everything up with a percussion of ground breaking significance. The song has a religious connotation but is superbly done

lyrics * - " Did you ever stand at the crossroads, and know it in the moments ? ..
................. Only to make the wrong choice, but still you know you grew from it ? ..
................. Did you find your purpose, and realize you might have really found one ? ..
................. You know your grateful for change, specially after you bought it ..

................. Did you get what you came for, was it everything you expected ? Did you rise when the spirit called? ..
................. When the spirit called, when the spirit called, are you amazed - amazed by it all ?

................. How do we know what we can do, when our choices have been removed ? ..
................. So real that so you can close your eyes and know, you know it's there to touch ..
................. Reach and trust it's the God that's of the moment, that is bringing you closer to God ..
................. He's inside each one of us, she's inside each one of us ..

................ Did you get what you came for, was it everything that you expected ? Did you rise when the spirit called? ..
................ When the spirit called, when the spirit called, when the spirit called, are you amazed ..
............... Amazed, amazed, amazed ~ by it all ???????????????

... STAND by Mermaids in the Basement ...
... > turn it up ^...
 cooldog65
Msg: 169
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2019 11:36:06 AM

Fall For You....

Leela James

https://youtu.be/CjOIQnCbDU0

I had to check this out. Beautiful song, beautiful voice, beautiful lady...
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2019 5:07:52 PM
^She is all that!

Leela James on the playlist...a bottle of wine...and a hot date...can life get better than that? Lol

Like the song Backcreek. Will try to contribute more.

And Red? I was surprised. Good song.!
 dwmitch
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2019 10:24:43 PM
A little backstory behind this one. I've been a long time fan of Genesis, Collins' and Gabriel's solo work, and Mike and the Mechanics. Before I even knew who they or Phil Collins were I was a fan (at one of my babysitter's the other kids had to stay quiet if the radio was on and a Phil Collins or Genesis song came on, otherwise I'd throw a fit, and a couple of years later at another babysitter's when we'd run to town every week we had to listen to her Invisible Touch tape on the way there and back), and that turned into obsession when I saw their "Way That We Walk" tour televised and I realized that they did all of the songs I loved as a kid.

Fast forward several years. I have no job, no direction, yet another failed relationship under my belt, pushing 40 and no closer to sitting on the porch with my loving wife watching our kids play in the yard than I was when I was 20. Basically I was at rock bottom.

I was on YouTube listening to my standard blue playlist ("The Musical Box," "Don't Give Up," "In The Living Years," "Fading Lights," "Strangers Like Me," most of Gabriel's "Us" album, ten different uploads of "Afterglow" so I didn't have to keep hitting replay, and a little Mumford and Sons thrown in for good measure). Just for kicks I looked at the recommendations.

I thought I knew all of Genesis' songs. It even impressed fellow fans that I knew Do the Neurotic, since the single it appeared on was out of print by the time I even started elementary school and is hard to come by today, but this was a completely new one to me.

The thing that attracted me to Genesis is the fact that I can identify with most of their lyrics, from "Looking for Someone" to "Behind the Lines" to "One Man's Fool" (yes, I even like Calling All Stations). I listened to this "new" song and was blown away. The lyrics resonated with me. They became my driving philosophy. I started to live by them and my life did a complete 180 and turned right side up. These are the words that forever changed my life:

"Naminanu naminanu naminanu namina
Naminanu naminanu naminanu namina
Naminanu naminanu naminanu namina"
Genesis - Naminanu

It's an injustice to the words to merely post them. They must be heard with your own ears: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=065bxUazRY0

Remember, friends, naminanu always, but temper it with a bit of namina.
 backcreek7
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2019 10:47:41 AM

I was at " rock bottom " & Genesis helped me to turn my life, right side up

... ^^ FANF*UCKINGTASTIC my friend ~ soooo cool !! I'm tempering here with a bit of namina ( a devine or supernatural power or presence ) to my Naminanu ... ps ? Look forward to your music mitch !
... Seriously, it is VERY uplifting to hear that music is changing lives on a daily basis, and in fact - YOU are a perfect example of such ! THANK YOU so much, I can only hope that many others will let the gift of song, brighten their lives ...
... WOW !!! super f-in-song RWR !!! " Bag of Pills " < I will definitely add this to my current CD my friend - Takes me around 4 months now, to produce my 88 minutes now, and I am sort of near the beginning. Same with your song MILLION, thank you so much, loved it ! ( toasts to MILLION with el cheapo wine bottle, with pic of backcreek on the back - just in case, he may f-in disappear into the land of the lyric ) < col

... heart / Naminanu / sun ...
 backcreek7
Msg: 173
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2019 6:03:53 PM

IKO IKO by the BELLESTARS " Sign of the Times" which peaked at #3 on the charts. They eventually dis-banded , I think - for the lack of real talent but ( they are pretty, col )>>>>>>>>>>>

... As far as I'm concerned, their cover of IKO IKO is awesome deluxe !!!! Like wow man, groove on hot lil' platipies you " !!! What could be more fun then "grandmas" beatin' the h*ell outta each other, and throwin' lighter fluid on each peoples flags <<< cool !

... heart/ he's not a man, he's a lovin' machine / sun ...
 backcreek7
Msg: 174
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2019 6:31:12 PM
... ps? This is exotic island talk now, so it is VERY, VERY, VERY > abbreviated ...

... Just like their island skirts ... <<< col ( chuckle out loud )
... ^ Simply couldn't resist & " well woof " I say !! & just plain ole' > " well woof " !! ...

... ^ put that in your pipe & smoke it, col ^ ...

* lyrics - " My grandma & your grandma were sit-tin by the fire, my grandma says to your grandma ~ gonna set your flag on fire ..

.................. Talk-in' bout hey now! Iko Iko un-day - jock a mo fee-no ai na-ne', jack-a-mo-fee na-ne' ..
.................. Look at my king all dressed in red, I-ko I-ko un-day, I bet five dol-lars he'll kill you dead ..
.................. Jock - a- mo fee na- ne' .. Talkin' bout hey now ! hey now ! I-ko I-ko un-day ..
.................. Jock - a- mo fee na- ne'..

( backcreeks dancin' here, backcreeks dancin' here, backcreeks dancin' >>> yeeeee haaaa & yippee ty hee !!! )

.................. My flag boy and your flag boy were sittin' by the fire, my flag boy told your flag boy ~
.................. Gonna set your flag on fire .. Talk-in' bout hey now ! hey now ! Iko Iko un-day - jock a mo fee-no ai na- ne', jack-a-mo-fee na ne ..
.................. See that guy all dressed in green? I-ko I-ko, un-day - he's not a man he's a lovin' machine ..
.................. Jock - a mo fee, na-ne', talkin' bout hey now ! hey now ! I-ko I-ko un-day ..
.................. Jock - a- mo fee na -ne' ...............

... IKO IKO by The Belle Stars ... ( choose youtube selection that says MIX < has the best sound )
... > turn it up ^ ...
 cooldog65
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2019 7:29:04 PM
^^^ Nice song, but I definitely like the Dixie Cups version from 1965.

https://youtu.be/PNTQTL-QI0A
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > backcreek 7's playlist ~ all music welcomed !