Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What are things you see in dating profiles that will make you sadly s      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 51
view profile
History
What are things you see in dating profiles that will make you sadly skip past them?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

Someone who is super into sports. I don't like sports. Blaring football games on TV was the soundtrack of my childhood, and I can't stand that sound. I am always perplexed when I see a man shouting at the TV when sports are on
I too grew up with the t.v. blaring and grown ups screaming/cussing at it during the football games. to this day, I cant tolerate any type of sports or any televised event with crowds screaming or excessive background noise. it is enough of an issue that I will skip past women into sports. my past partners all knew to watch it at a friends or when I am not home and that I would leave within minutes of them 'just checking the score'
 ssm508
Msg: 52
view profile
History
What are things you see in dating profiles that will make you sadly skip past them?
Posted: 12/30/2018 11:57:33 AM
^^^I know plenty of sports fans in relationships with non-sports fans. When 1 person is watching sports in his/her "mancave", the other person can be doing something else in a different part of the house. A woman insisting that I could only watch sports when she's not home would be excessive in my viewpoint.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 53
view profile
History
What are things you see in dating profiles that will make you sadly skip past them?
Posted: 12/30/2018 3:30:24 PM

^^^I know plenty of sports fans in relationships with non-sports fans. When 1 person is watching sports in his/her "mancave", the other person can be doing something else in a different part of the house. A woman insisting that I could only watch sports when she's not home would be excessive in my viewpoint.
at normal volume, sure. if I can not escape it anywhere in my home, it is an issue! maybe excessive but the background noise gives me a headache within minutes, even at normal volumes. I have no issue leaving for the day so she can watch it but a fanatic who watches every game would get old. for that reason, I skip past profiles that mention they are sports fans. many women watch shows I don't like, never got a headache from any of them even when I could still here it in the next room. sports does every time and has my entire life.
 MsMicki
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2018 6:30:26 PM
<< is giggling reading this because she just yelled at her TV when Tennessee intercepted the Colts pass....
 curvylady1965
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Posted: 12/30/2018 9:08:45 PM
^^^ hahaha MsMicki, I get pretty rowdy when the Oilers are in the hockey playoffs - pretty sure the neighbours can hear me on playoff nights!
 ginghamgal
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2018 8:04:19 AM
Loud noise can be annoying to me regardless of where it's coming from. TV, music, or something else. But this is the first time I heard someone mention that said person gets headaches specifically from people watching sports. But not from people watching other things on TV.
 moraima
Msg: 57
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2018 9:42:19 AM
It is the nervous energy to the tribal ritual of sports fans sitting in front of tv's screaming like banshees that makes me know better than to be in the same room.

A high percentage of people hear bass too low and treble too high.

I actually fear physical pain/stress for high pitched noises. Also noise raises blood pressure in all people.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 58
view profile
History
Posted: 12/31/2018 10:58:51 AM
the debate about loud noises at sports games, reminds me of some article i read about why young girls scream at concerts for their rock idol. maybe i can find it again sometime or someone'll find it for me over the NYE.
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 59
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2019 8:33:54 PM
Guess the my biggest annoyance is women who say "I can get sex anytime, so if that's what you're looking for, move on!"

My thoughts on this:

1.) She has a stable of buddies with woodies to do her if I start dating her and we ever hit a rough patch

2.) She's looking for a sucker to wine, dine, and entertain her for the sex, while there are, somewhere, a number of lucky guys who don't have to spend any money or time to have sex with her

3.) She's insecure so she has to remind the world she's attractive enough to get sex anytime (although we all know that it isn't that difficult for even 500 lb BBWs to get NSA sex). But it must make them feel better to add that reminder.

4.) She's saying "You need me more than I need you, because I know you are looking for sex, too, and I can get that easily."

If I was looking for LTR, I would pass on any woman who has this clause in their profile. I would message them, though, just to ask "Not really interested in wining and dining..or getting to know you that much......but how do I get into your rotation for the "1-800- Gotta guy for sex" action?

Whatever.
 MusiKyle
Msg: 60
view profile
History
 abc123drm
Msg: 61
Posted: 1/6/2019 6:02:05 AM

Arrogance or complaining.

This, and those that have "I'm back her again" with a combination of arrogance and complaining talking about why they have returned. Some even complained that they must be a glutton for punishment. lol "I don't know why I'm back here, but..."
 Akitahun
Msg: 62
view profile
History
Posted: 1/17/2019 11:35:58 PM
Any man that is looking for someone young enough to be his CHILD is an immediate pass. The younger women at work as so sick of middle aged pot bellied men contacting them. They want the hot built guy their own age.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 63
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2019 12:29:05 PM

I too grew up with the t.v. blaring and grown ups screaming/cussing at it during the football games. to this day, I cant tolerate any type of sports or any televised event with crowds screaming or excessive background noise. it is enough of an issue that I will skip past women into sports. my past partners all knew to watch it at a friends or when I am not home and that I would leave within minutes of them 'just checking the score'

There is something about people into sports that I just don't jive with.
Not only can I not take the sound of sports, I just don't like the sports personality type, in general.
 five-marie
Msg: 64
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2019 1:41:34 PM
No shirt, doesn't drive (I live in the county, no buses), complaining about past women, looking for women 20-30 years their junior, obsessed with their pet.
 pfif
Msg: 65
view profile
History
Posted: 1/20/2019 3:47:01 PM
Meditation. Yogini.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Woo
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What are things you see in dating profiles that will make you sadly skip past them?