Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > She's great but... she doesn't like bacon!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Spectrallight
Msg: 26
view profile
History
She's great but... she doesn't like bacon! Page 2 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)

Fussy eaters are a pet peeve of mine. Absolutely can't stand it. Like I said, I would rather date a smoker. I love to cook a lot of different foods and it would aggravate me to no end to cook for someone who had a list of over 10 things he wouldn't eat.

Touch wood you never end up with Crohn's or something along those lines. You'd soon change your stance.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 27
view profile
History
She's great but... she doesn't like bacon!
Posted: 12/14/2018 3:30:57 PM
"Aggravate you to no end".. I'm not sorry, that sounds very dramatic but most of your posts do.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2018 4:15:35 PM
Did it ever occur to you that some just prefer to eat cheap?

Anytime I go out to eat, I read both sides of the menu. I'm indifferent to a lot of unusual foods. Then two, I have an iodine allergy. Shellfish, some dairy, eggs, beans, bananas, mayo, unpeeled potatoes give me contact dermatitis. If I have a bout of that, I could scratch until I hit bone. Most of it comes from using iodised salt, which most restaurants use. Now, sea salt doesn't bother me. But I've gotten used to using salt sparingly. (My current box is four years old)

Wanna be picky? Go ahead. Just don't poo-poo us because we have to be.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 12/14/2018 4:22:53 PM
Going out to eat is the last thing on my list of 'faves' regarding dating experiences.
Not sure why, It's never been a looked for social experience for me.
Eat at home fine. Concoct some fun food together or order in is more my style.
I love going to see a movie.. Most say nay, I say yeah!
Hot buttered popcorn on the first date works for me~
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2018 12:33:22 AM
^^^same here.

You’re a funny little character July.

Fussy eaters bore me too, can’t eat this, won’t touch that.
When guys get on my case about not eating meat/dairy/fish I usually present them with something they’re not keen on and demand they eat it :)
There are loads of foods I don’t like, I’m not fussy about it, I just don’t eat it.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2018 6:02:43 AM
@ July..
This is in your recent history. In Ask a Girl. "Can't get this girl off my mind"

" And sometimes we dismiss people prematurely. If you don't get to know a person sometimes you might miss out on a person who would truly be great for you."

Why don't you take your own advice?
 ssm508
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2018 10:41:25 AM
Most of us probably have certain types of foods that we don't like or can't eat due to religious/health reasons. My biggest problem is with people that are unwilling to compromise. When we go out for dinner, it always has to be at a restaurant that they like and they have a very narrow list of places that they like. I have been to restaurants and had food that wasn't my favorite or top choice. But I compromised and was able to at least tolerate the food I had.
 julystorm22
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2018 12:36:35 PM
My mother is a very fussy eater. 80% of restaurants she won't go to. She won't eat Indian or Japanese or Mexican food or a lot of other foods. My one brother is like that. My other brother, who eats everything, married a woman who is a fussy eater and their kids turned into fussy eaters like her and it drives him nuts because whenever he tried to get the kids to eat better she fought him.

I love trying new food. I love all kinds of cuisines and trying new recipes. I would really like someone who shared my culinary interests.

If someone had a health problem which prevented them from eating certain foods I could understand it so long as it didn't prevent me from enjoying it. If someone was allergic to something like nuts though I would not be able to give up my love of nuts for them. I find i5 annoying enough to send my kids peanut/nut-free lunches to school.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2018 12:43:11 PM
I have to laugh when someone smugly proclaims, 'I don't eat anything with a face' >>even plants have a 'face' if you would only open your eyes and 'see'~
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2018 2:40:16 PM
^^^You’ve actually heard someone say that?! And not just one!?
I seriously find that hard to believe, such an odd thing to say.

vvv....funny cos most of the druggies I’ve ever encountered weren’t vegans. Again odd.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2018 2:43:00 PM
Aside from a few exceptions, like buddhists, most vegans I ever met were drug users. Guess they thought that being a vegan counteracted all of the chemicals they put in themselves to get high.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2018 2:50:44 PM
My husband had a horrific allergy to shell fish. I loved him more than lobster and shrimp. I didn't mind giving it up for him. However I was never allergic to his nuts so we enjoyed them together all the time.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2018 3:55:39 PM
LOL< LOL< LOL< ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Gotta love nuts!
 Spectrallight
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 12/15/2018 4:30:10 PM
^^ :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1lJFlB-89Q
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2018 6:56:03 AM
msg#35:
^^^You’ve actually heard someone say that?! And not just one!?
I seriously find that hard to believe, such an odd thing to say.

I've actually heard that (I don't eat anything with a face) from more than a few young people who are vegan. I think it must have been a nice little catch phrase awhile back that caught on<<<

Maybe its an American thing~

It does give one an odd visual<<<

hahahah
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2018 7:14:49 AM

(I don't eat anything with a face)

LOL, I didn't eat it...………...but I smoked it! Oh wait a sec, hmmmm there were a few delish brownies!

( I actually was able to set up and monitor a school science / lab project with Marijuana plants. One plant I subjected to rock music, and I had to talk to it. The other plant was kept in silence. My "scientific " result? Both plants thrived!
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 12/16/2018 8:52:45 AM
I’ve never heard the expression before but then I don’t know many vegans.
I know more people who’ve replaced certain foods, cows milk for soya kinda thing.

Anyone with a daft obsession thing going on is irritating. I get the fussy eaters thing.

LIR.....what a fantastic project.
I reluctantly did a presentation at college titled ‘The ever useful rubber’. Some serious topics discussed that day during the presentations. Non more so than mine :)
 cooldog65
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2018 5:35:32 AM

LOL< LOL< LOL< ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Gotta love nuts!

Vince with the slap chop...

https://youtu.be/4O-SX_W0lrQ
 Spectrallight
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 12/17/2018 8:42:02 AM
^^ :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8c5wmeOL9o
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 45
view profile
History
i'm bacon for it
Posted: 12/17/2018 10:10:15 AM
"most vegans i ever met, were drug users...all those chemicals they put in themselves to get high"

>>>ironically, those who consume coffee, alcohol, or smoke cigarettes daily...are injesting chemicals that change their moods, too.

I will admit, "don't eat anything with a face" is a saying, it was in a movie called "Redline". then again, i always hated eating seafood served with its head still on, its dead eyes looking at me.
 siisaa
Msg: 46
view profile
History
i'm bacon for it
Posted: 12/17/2018 10:41:03 AM
Being open-minded with food is a plus to me. That's one of the reasons I like Asian guys because they're more experimental and open-minded when it comes to different dishes. One of my exes who was born & raised near Guam but had spent a significant portion of his childhood in Hong Kong & Japan actually cooked me eel one evening. He also worked as a assistant sushi chef and could cook sushi rolls too, it was very cool. We went to a bunch of authentic Asian hole-in-the-wall restaurants, not Panda Express BS. I am half-Vietnamese and grew up around my Vietnamese side of the family in L.A., Orange County & San Diego (very multicultural parts of the country) so I'm accustomed to different dishes, flavors, spices, etc. Growing up, most of my friends were either Asian or Latino and I'd go their homes and eat home-cooked meals...much better than you can find in any restaurant. People who are not as cultured when it comes to food or actually think Taco Bell is Mexican cuisine are a turn-off.

I remember a few years back I went on a date with a White guy and we went to sushi. He a) didn't know how to use chopsticks and b) insisted on using his bare hands to eat our sushi rolls. We had 3 on the table. I was put-off. Suffice to say, we didn't date much after that.
 julystorm22
Msg: 47
view profile
History
i'm bacon for it
Posted: 12/17/2018 12:18:29 PM
Being open-minded about food is a big one. But I admit, I do have my limits. I've tried sushi several times and I just don't like it. But if I was with someone who loved sushi I would go to a sushi restaurant with him and eat it and keep my dislike of it to myself. When someone asks me if I like something and I really don't I will say it's "good" but my close family/friends know that means bad. If I really like something I'll say its delicious or great or another better-than-good adjective. There is nothing I refuse to eat EXCEPT oysters. They just feel so rubbery I can't swallow them.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 48
view profile
History
i'm bacon for it
Posted: 12/17/2018 12:28:46 PM
@July. Why do you feel you have to lie about foods that you do not like? What's the point? Will you reinvent yourself for any man?
I want a man to accept me for who I am.. My likes and dislikes. Why lie and say something is "good" when that's not what you think at all?
This seems desperate like you think you can't be yourself around men just because it maybe negative or contrary to what they think, like or feel.
I wouldn't do that for anyone's approval. Period.
 curvylady1965
Msg: 49
view profile
History
i'm bacon for it
Posted: 12/17/2018 1:13:21 PM
July, the oyster thing made me smile. I have them at least three times a week. I think I could be happy with them daily. Sushi is good (and I mean good :-), but I prefer sashimi.
I like nearly everything, except for eggplant and cilantro (the cilantro is a challenge), and often find people commenting about what I will eat when we go out to dinner (because they tend not to like it).
 julystorm22
Msg: 50
view profile
History
i'm bacon for it
Posted: 12/17/2018 3:19:46 PM
Actually Pennyante, I want to be polite and eat what is put in front of me and not complain. It has nothing to do with getting men to like me. Generally I have an open mind when it comes to food.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > She's great but... she doesn't like bacon!