Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > She's great but... she doesn't like bacon!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 moraima
Msg: 51
view profile
History
i'm bacon for itPage 3 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
" I want to be polite and eat what is put in front of me and not complain. It has nothing to do with getting men to like me. Generally I have an open mind when it comes to food."

OMG!

Face slapping self!

Qué????

What???

The definition of insanity is................................................!
 MyTrueCompanion
Msg: 52
view profile
History
say no to sushi
Posted: 12/17/2018 4:24:38 PM
July, if a man loves sushi, you can call ahead & see if they have SOMETHING you like as well.

If not...

if a person really likes another person, their COMPANY is more important than indulging in sushi- they can go to a place that has a variety of foods.

The last time I had sushi, I ended up in the E.R. afterwards & was very sick for a month. A systemic allergy to iodine.

My hubs loves shrimp & shellfish, but no way will I have it in the house, on the plates etc.

So he only gets it when we go on those cruises. I won't even go to a seafood restaurant, fearful of getting iodine on my plate/food.

If you keep under value-ing yourself, how do u expect to be valued?
 purplerider1200
Msg: 53
view profile
History
i'm bacon for it
Posted: 12/17/2018 4:31:39 PM
This reminds me of my late uncle, and his daughter. His daughter was setting out dinner one night, out came a bowl of cooked brussel sprouts. "Look dad! We're having brussel sprouts!" she proclaimed. He took one look at the bowl, "I hate brussel sprouts." he said He's eaten them for about 30 years, never said anything to his wife about not liking them.

It was the same with my dad. My father ate ham and cabbage, sauerkraut and sausage for years. He even ate the leftovers. After my mom died, my sister invited him over for ham and cabbage. Then the immortal words came out of his mouth, after he got off the phone, " I hate ham and cabbage" He said. I know for a fact he ate it for 38 years. It came out later that he hated sauerkraut and sausage also.

There's a point to being polite. The first time my wife set cauliflower out in front of me. One taste, and I got up, went to the kitchen, and retrieved a box of salt, and set it on my plate. "What's that for?" she asked. "If I'm going to eat salt, I wanna know its salt." I said I don't know about you, but when I have that, it tastes like salt to me.

An insult is only once. But I'm not going to go for years eating something I don't like.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 54
view profile
History
i'm bacon for it
Posted: 12/17/2018 4:40:01 PM
@July: Your post states if you were at a restaurant.. So I assumed you would be the one choosing what you ordered. Do you let men order for you?

"The definition of insanity is................................................!" Trying to help someone over and over again and they never listen. avoid direct questions and don't take any responsibility for their own actions.
 MyTrueCompanion
Msg: 55
view profile
History
i'm bacon for it
Posted: 12/17/2018 4:43:15 PM
^^^Purple, was the wife eastern european?

last year i made "lazy man's stuffed cabbage" for my niece when she visited, we scarfed it, while the man of the house scrambled in the freezer for something different LOL
 PennyAnte
Msg: 56
view profile
History
i'm bacon for it
Posted: 12/17/2018 6:13:50 PM
" I have an open mind when it comes to food"
Do you mean you have an open mind when it comes to food unless of course the man is a fussy eater who doesn't like ten things you want to eat or serve him? Now I am confused.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 57
view profile
History
i'm bacon for it
Posted: 12/17/2018 6:50:59 PM
This whole food thing ……………...is beyond pathetic. Victomhood is alive and well.
I can not recall, changing my personal preferences / lying to a man, to gain his favor. Plenty of times, a man suggested going to a steak house. I told him, "I do not eat beef. However I have no doubt there will be something on the menu I will be perfectly happy with. Let's go".

A food allergy is a whole different ball of wax. Again it is something no one should lie about.

23 Signs You're Suffering From a Victim Mentality ⋆ LonerWolf
https://lonerwolf.com/victim-mentality

Victim mentality is a psychological term that refers to a type of dysfunctional mindset which seeks to feel persecuted in order to gain attention or avoid self-responsibility. People who struggle with the victim mentality are convinced that life is not only beyond their control, but is out to deliberately hurt them.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 58
view profile
History
i'm bacon for it
Posted: 12/17/2018 6:51:20 PM
23 Signs You're Suffering From a Victim Mentality ⋆ LonerWolf
https://lonerwolf.com/victim-mentality

Victim mentality is a psychological term that refers to a type of dysfunctional mindset which seeks to feel persecuted in order to gain attention or avoid self-responsibility. People who struggle with the victim mentality are convinced that life is not only beyond their control, but is out to deliberately hurt them
 julystorm22
Msg: 59
view profile
History
i'm bacon for it
Posted: 12/17/2018 10:16:00 PM
Geez, all I mean is if someone wants to go to a sushi restaurant, I will go to a sushi restaurant. A couple ladies from work invited me for lunch with them to a sushi restaurant. I never get invited to stuff at work so I was excited to say yes. I hoped there was something non-sushi on the restaurant but there wasn't except miso soup so I ordered sushi but did not enjoy it. I never complained though.

When I was with my ex he never wanted to go to any restaurants I wanted. I like Indian cuisine and Thai and Mexican and Ukrainian and Japanese and a whole lot of other different types of food. He wouldn't go to any. He always only wanted to go to burger joints or places with buffets. We fought a lot about that. So I am not going to be a person who says "I don't like that kind of food so I won't go to that type of restaurant" or if I'm at someone's house, and they serve something I don't like, I won't be rude and say I won't eat it because they went to the work of cooking it. I hope that the other person will return the favour. If I go out to their kind of restaurant, hopefully they will come to one I choose in the future. If I eat the food at their house, I expect them to eat the food at my house.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 60
view profile
History
i'm bacon for it
Posted: 12/17/2018 11:53:30 PM
Lonerwolf sounds so mystical and cool. I like the name.

LIR......I’m not sure if the link is inferring that all mental illness (like depression or psychosis) is a result of upbringing. I don’t agree with that. I believe some are born with it.
But otherwise spot on. Some people are very mild with it some are extreme.
We are all allowed dips into victimhood but long term it’s an ugly trait.
 hemingway234
Msg: 61
view profile
History
i'm bacon for it
Posted: 12/18/2018 6:58:00 AM

This whole food thing ……………...is beyond pathetic. Victomhood is alive and well.
I can not recall, changing my personal preferences / lying to a man, to gain his favor. Plenty of times, a man suggested going to a steak house. I told him, "I do not eat beef. However I have no doubt there will be something on the menu I will be perfectly happy with. Let's go".

- This. All you have to do is negotiate, have a conversation about it.

I'm on a special "good food for the tummy diet", so I'm not sure I would want to go to an Asian or sushi resturant, but almost everything else goes......... seafood, Italian, Steak/American, Mexican, and other restaurants are game for me.
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 62
view profile
History
i'm bacon for it
Posted: 12/18/2018 11:51:29 AM
beer and fries are vegan.

vegan and crossfitter?
what a cross to bear.
no thankyou.

no bacon?
that's a sick way to go through life.
I would pretty much assume they kick puppies too,
communist even. or worse...
 PennyAnte
Msg: 63
view profile
History
i'm bacon for it
Posted: 12/18/2018 3:15:42 PM
@July It's good that you have learned a valuable lesson because of they way you fought with your husband and realize now in hind sight that it ridiculous to argue with people you love over trivial things. You've matured and know how to pick your battles?

When inviting guest I usually ask ahead of planning the menu if they have any preference or allergies or distaste for something. You have children involved so I would imagine it would be quite some time before you invited a man to come to your house to cook for him. You will probably know a lot about him before he meets your children including if he has a picky appetite or not.

I used to tell my pigeons to wait at least 6 months after separation preferably a year. The children go through grief after a divorce. For some it takes awhile before they accept their mom to be in the company of a man in their house. Best to date away from your home anyway when you have kids. I would only plan to cook for a man if we were an item and mutually monogamous in a relationship.

I don't like fancy restaurants for dating. I prefer a simple place with reasonable prices for basically Italian and American food. I live near the North End of Boston. I'm 100% Sicilian and I like that diet. I go to inexpensive small restaurants. Especially if we're only eating for two. I like to spend my money on my daughters and grandchildren... not lunches. brunches or dinners. That's just me.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 64
view profile
History
i'm bacon for it
Posted: 12/18/2018 4:11:25 PM

Purple, was the wife eastern european?

last year i made "lazy man's stuffed cabbage" for my niece when she visited, we scarfed it, while the man of the house scrambled in the freezer for something different LOL

Nope. just an awful cook.

Which is why they invented the delicacy call a frozen pizza. ( A staple in my freezer!) ROFLMAO!
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 65
view profile
History
i'm bacon for it
Posted: 12/18/2018 4:24:00 PM

so I ordered sushi but did not enjoy it.

That's what ketchup and taco sauce is for.
If you had a few packets of those with you, you could have smothered the sushi and made it more palatable.
 hemingway234
Msg: 66
view profile
History
i'm bacon for it
Posted: 12/20/2018 8:30:51 AM
"Hey ma! The meatloaf! We want it now!"
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 67
view profile
History
i'm bacon for it
Posted: 12/20/2018 10:21:28 AM
ketchup on sushi? hadn't considered it, but i'm a wasabi fan.

i always ask strangers, "hey man, wasabi?"

on a serious note, as we pass thru the eating holidays, i do get people who have food allergies. and when i was July's age, i was willing to try new food and be an agreeable guest. now i'm sure of what i like and what i do not.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 68
view profile
History
i'm bacon for it
Posted: 12/20/2018 4:12:53 PM

There is nothing I refuse to eat EXCEPT oysters.

Nothing?
Really?

How about these?:

"So, Which Bugs Can You Catch and Eat?

Grasshoppers and crickets
Ants
Termites
Grubs
Woodlice
Earthworms
Stinkbugs
Scorpions

Insects are actually the most abundant protein source on the planet, and many of them boast dense concentrations of nutrients like omega 3s. If two billion people can invite insects to the dinner table, it shouldn't be too much of a stretch for you to include edible bugs in your emergency-survival diet."

-Backpacker.com
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 69
view profile
History
i'm bacon for it
Posted: 12/20/2018 4:22:29 PM

There is nothing I refuse to eat EXCEPT oysters.

Nothing?
Really?

How about these?:

"So, Which Bugs Can You Catch and Eat?

Grasshoppers and crickets
Ants
Termites
Grubs
Woodlice
Earthworms
Stinkbugs
Scorpions

Insects are actually the most abundant protein source on the planet, and many of them boast dense concentrations of nutrients like omega 3s. If two billion people can invite insects to the dinner table, it shouldn't be too much of a stretch for you to include edible bugs in your emergency-survival diet."

If it comes down to push and shove, I'd even eat YOU!

But seriously, I could do ants. I think.
It's a texture thing.
I like crunchy~
 julystorm22
Msg: 70
view profile
History
i'm bacon for it
Posted: 12/20/2018 9:24:52 PM
Well, I was talking food on a normal North American menu, not the weird things most people here would not eat...I've tried grasshoppers and ants but not gonna eat any other bugs. Yuck. Generally there just isn't much I won't eat. There are foods I dislike such as rhubarb and green olives with pimentos and oysters and kippers and headcheese but I could handle eating them, even the oysters I choked down. I really don't want to eat anything that still has the head attached though.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 71
view profile
History
i'm bacon for it
Posted: 12/21/2018 5:26:16 AM
Stink bugs??? Want the one that just took a swim in my coffee? Great way to kill them, and the coffee gets stink bug flavored. I think I want something that has a better flavor, like dish soap.
 CBGB77
Msg: 72
view profile
History
i'm bacon for it
Posted: 12/21/2018 7:10:00 AM
When I was a little kid in the late 50s and early 60s one supermarket I went to with my mom(King Coles) had a "delicacy" department where they sold chocolate covered ants and chocolate covered grasshoppers. They where in clear containers so that you could see what looked like.They seemed to be ordinary chocolate candy but sometimes the candy was broken and you could see the grasshopper inside. I asked my mom to buy me some but she never would.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 73
view profile
History
i'm bacon for it
Posted: 12/21/2018 7:58:29 AM
msg#72:
they sold chocolate covered ants and chocolate covered grasshoppers. They where in clear containers so that you could see what looked like.They seemed to be ordinary chocolate candy but sometimes the candy was broken and you could see the grasshopper inside. I asked my mom to buy me some but she never would.

That's funny. They probably sold for like $10 or something. A veritable Fortune back then.
Your Mom may have suspected you'd take one bite and say 'EEEUUUU' with a theatrical shudder and throw the rest as far away as your little arm could throw!
hahahaha
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 74
view profile
History
i'm bacon for it
Posted: 12/21/2018 8:11:33 AM
there was a local store here that sold them too. I sampled many of there strange foods but never the bugs.
 hemingway234
Msg: 75
view profile
History
i'm bacon for it
Posted: 12/22/2018 8:47:59 AM
That's just gross mang!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > She's great but... she doesn't like bacon!