Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Jesus ~ in laymans terms      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 athenashelmet
Msg: 51
Airing of GrievancesPage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Christos Anesti ek nekron, thanato thanaton patisas, kai tis en tis mnimasi zoin harisamenos.
Peace to all, Merry Christmas.
 CBGB77
Msg: 52
view profile
History
Airing of Grievances
Posted: 12/20/2018 9:23:27 PM

Posted By: athenashelmet on 12/20/2018 8:35:32 PM
Subject: Airing of Grievances
Message: Christos Anesti ek nekron, thanato thanaton patisas, kai tis en tis mnimasi zoin harisamenos.
Peace to all, Merry Christmas.

Klaatu barada nikto.

Feliz Navidad!
 PennyAnte
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Jesus ~ in laymans terms
Posted: 12/22/2018 9:07:53 AM
John 8: 58 Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.”

The long dialog in John 8 between Jesus and his critics culminated in this dramatic statement of identity. When he said “I am” he was quoting the word from Exodus
“God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I AM has sent me to you’”. And his listeners knew exactly what he was saying, which is why they picked up rocks to stone him.

And that was the nature of the entire debate, with his detractors saying (paraphrase) “Who are you to teach these things and do these things?” - with the goal of demoting him to a nobody in order to discredit all he was doing. He responded with a more startling statement than they were ready for – that he was, and is, God incarnate – Emmanuel – God with us. He said he was eternal.

The debate rages today with those outside faith in Christ insisting he was and is no one special. There are variants to their argument – that he was a great teacher and no more or that he was just a dreamer who challenged authority and got killed. Or that he is one of many great human teachers in history but no more than a man. But those who have come to know him know that “before Abraham was, I am” is a true statement. He is God who put on flesh and blood.

As one who believes, I will proclaim that the appearance of Jesus, the God-man, was therefore unique in history. The Magi worshiped the right baby. The angels proclaimed the right event of his birth to the lowly shepherds. When Mary agreed to bear the Christ child, it was a child like no other and like there will never be again.

And yet as important as it is to identify Jesus – it's vital – it is even more poignant to know and experience His presence through the Holy Spirit. THAT is the witness to the souls of believers throughout the earth. Yet we wouldn't have that if he wasn't who he said he was.

Joy to the world! MERRY CHRISTMAS
 backcreek7
Msg: 54
view profile
History
Jesus ~ in laymans terms
Posted: 12/22/2018 10:38:30 AM
^^^ Thank you sooo much ~ for your input of knowledge concerning Jesus Penny. I am fascinated by the subject, not only of Jesus / God ~ but of the purpose of intelligent life in our universe. Did Jesus ever speak of our universe Penny ? Many may find this bizarre, but I think there could be as many universes - as there are stars in the sky.

... And, since Jesus chose our world to bring his message too, does that mean the earth and its human population is / was - the most advanced humanity within all of the planets & stars throughout, at the time ? That this is the reason he chose/came, to earth in particular?

... Funny - the physical universe can be so simply described, in a way .....

... It is as a skyrocket appears, on the 4th of July. When the firework explodes high up in the air ( the big bang ) > the sparks we see slowly coming down to earth, can be compared to our ( life creating ) stars. Each might be considered a sun, bringing us not only the creation of an orbit, but the planets & the heat we need for life. When the sparks disappear, it is as the life created by them, will cease to exist as well. Sounds kind of sad but no worries for now > fellow human beings , life will go on for quite sometime, maybe even infinity - who knows ?

... Time is another amazing creation in itself, figuring that it is based upon the big bang ( roughly 15 billion years ago )

... All life seems to have too adhere to it, but >>>>> if Jesus / God lives in a world ( so to speak ) not based on time, then in theory - God / Jesus could have ALWAYS existed, that God never was created at all, that God simply " is "... There is so much to learn, so much we don't know but - I think we are proceeding along as God knew we would, that the word >

" surprised " is not in his / her vocabulary, col.

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL ~
heart ( love ) / sun ( star of life )
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 55
view profile
History
Jesus ~ in laymans terms
Posted: 12/22/2018 11:26:58 AM

And, since Jesus chose our world to bring his message too, does that mean the earth and its human population is / was - the most advanced humanity within all of the planets & stars throughout, at the time ? That this is the reason he chose/came, to earth in particular?
or we were the worse and needed it the most. as far as religion and life on other planets, I have asked many times. to my limited knowledge, their isn't any scripture stating were the only ones.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 56
view profile
History
Jesus ~ in laymans terms
Posted: 12/22/2018 8:21:16 PM
@John^^^ The Mormons believe that when he ascended he came to this continent (north America) and lived for another 400 years. I agree we were probably the most savage as humans and needed the teachings of Christ. Some people think that Christ was an extraterrestrial being from another galaxy. I guess God only knows.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Jesus ~ in laymans terms