Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > What's Your DMV?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 calliopedreams
Msg: 51
view profile
History
What's Your DMV?Page 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
The OP's "DMV" is something that he is thrilled to consider. The problem is ... it only exists as an artifice in his own head.

He seems to have primarily based it on taking a hot Cuban girl, who works at a Gentlemen's Club, out to lunch on her day off.

Then, she took him to the Club, where she and her friends from work "put on a show" for him in a private room, for which he paid. The Cuban gal knows that you have to spread it around when you have a "live one." Her friends at the Club will do the same for her when they hook a sucker. As long as he can pay, they will play.
 hemingway234
Msg: 52
view profile
History
What's Your DMV?
Posted: 1/2/2019 8:45:25 AM
^^^^^^^^I know those dancers hustle people but I did not know they would pick guys up outside the club.

Then again, I would not fall for it - if I want a date, I get a ladies number and take her to a resturant - not a strip club!
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 53
view profile
History
when your DMV is actually an ATM
Posted: 1/2/2019 9:44:14 AM
they may not intentionally do it, but you know how some people are with business...they've got it on the mind a lot :)
 whiterose0
Msg: 54
view profile
History
What's Your DMV?
Posted: 1/3/2019 10:56:33 AM

So if I'd found out my DMV was much lower than I thought, the original post would be acceptable? Somehow, because my score was higher than expected, I'm "bragging"?

Your statement begs the question: How do you know what your "score" is?
 Trebruchet
Msg: 55
view profile
History
What's Your DMV?
Posted: 1/3/2019 10:31:26 PM
Callipedreams:

You have all your facts wrong and you didn't get them from here.

My Cuban did not work at the strip club. She was a customer, as was I.
 Trebruchet
Msg: 56
view profile
History
What's Your DMV?
Posted: 1/3/2019 10:34:01 PM
whiterose:

You know your score by the marketplace. It tells you.

I had a great first date with a 60-year-old. She won't date me again because I voted for Trump. Go figure.
 PennyAnte
Msg: 57
view profile
History
What's Your DMV?
Posted: 1/4/2019 6:50:46 AM
I don't agree with posting pictures of children on dating sites but the expression on that little girls face tells me even she knows....
you are full of chit.
 whiterose0
Msg: 58
view profile
History
What's Your DMV?
Posted: 1/4/2019 9:34:34 AM

whiterose:

You know your score by the marketplace. It tells you.

How so? Unless the "marketplace" is standardized like an IQ test, there's no way to accurately measure your score. Your own opinion of your dating market value is meaningless, since others might not agree with you. A person's DMV is subjective, and can't be measured.

I had a great first date with a 60-year-old. She won't date me again because I voted for Trump. Go figure.

I rest my case.
 flyover_boy
Msg: 59
view profile
History
What's Your DMV?
Posted: 1/4/2019 1:35:27 PM
Trebruchet...

I’m not sure I’m following all the details of how you got to this ‘DMV,’ thing, but I do agree, yes we all have a marketability and it’s very real. Like in the labor market, we have a value to that. None of these may have anything to do with personal friends’ value of us, or Family or as a worth as a human being. But, you are right, the dating market is that, a market, and values are determined. This is part of what I’ve observed, even on other boards, where divorced women will talk about ‘getting back out in the dating scene’ in their mid to late 40‘s and how it was never like this in their mid 20‘s. You can’t compare the two time experiences, as with markets...markets change. Captain of the h/s football team and cheerleader have great social capital IN their time of h/s politics. Conditions shuffle later in life. Intellectually we know that but emotionally we still believe in the past.

I think some of the blow back you got was nobody likes hearing they have limits, or that their desires might reach beyond their abilities in an open marketplace. What they may list as ‘charms’ or assets, may be a turn off to others. I too found greater success when I jumped into online dating than I ever thought I would. But, the tone, of at least your first posting sounded a bit braggadocious and smitten with pride. Yet, your general observations still hold merit.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > What's Your DMV?