Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Women can't hold conversations, that's why they're here      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Inner_circle
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Women can't hold conversations, that's why they're herePage 2 of 2    (1, 2)
My experience is that until you sit down in person with someone, you don't really know if they can hold a conversation or not.

I find most people online or via text actually come off as way more savvy and funny that way, and then in real life they are flat.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Women can't hold conversations, that's why they're here
Posted: 1/8/2019 11:33:14 AM

OP, many young people on POF use their cell phones rather than their computers to message each other. That's one of the reasons why conversations tend to be short. It's not that they're not interested; they may just be bad at texting or typing on the phone. Have you ever attempted to type a message on your cell phone as long as the one you posted here?

My suggestion is that you try to steer women to phone conversation as soon as possible. You might find that they are better conversationalists on the phone than they are online. It's also a good way to gauge interest level
I 100% agree. just be aware that some will end it abruptly for being so forward as to want to actually TALK!
 Strangemix
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2019 11:40:14 AM
I could not agree more with the OP.

The vast majority of women are absolutely incapable of holding a lucid, flowing and interesting conversation about anything much more than completely boring and inane, incosiquencial rubbish.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2019 12:20:37 PM
msg#28:
The vast majority of women are absolutely incapable of holding a lucid, flowing and interesting conversation about anything much more than completely boring and inane, incosiquencial rubbish

Maybe 'incosiquencial', but I'll bet they can spell~

Best stick with all your erudite articulate deep thinking men friends if this is your view of women.

Carry on~
 calliopedreams
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2019 12:44:17 PM

I could not agree more with the OP.

The vast majority of women are absolutely incapable of holding a lucid, flowing and interesting conversation about anything much more than completely boring and inane, incosiquencial [sic] rubbish.

Hee Hee. Ooh, the irony, or should I say ironie?

See, OP? Now you have started to lure bitter guys with your dog whistle about women being responsible for behaving in a manner of which you approve, and now you have enough people to start a Wimmin Haters Club!

This is it - you have to choose between learning to really LIKE women, or end up in the same place this guy is 20 years from now. That could be YOU (read his profile, and note the homo-erotic main pic, BTW).

I believe you are still young enough to shape your future with women. It's not too late!
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2019 12:50:44 PM
Boggled.....the man rant is usually ‘women don’t wanna meet, they just want to talk/fill their ego/boots/etc
As you can clearly see from the threads that women out number the men on here...we love to blah
Are you boring them? It’s easily done online when your ‘whole self ‘ isn’t evident.
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2019 1:27:54 PM
calliopedreams, Oh my! Very good ! I vote for you, to be our "Ladies, spokeperson".
(You are so right about Ohenry and cooldog!)
Love ya cooldog! You ARE amusing!
 MusiKyle
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2019 3:24:26 PM

Boggled.....the man rant is usually ‘women don’t wanna meet, they just want to talk/fill their ego/boots/etc

Ironically, the vast majority of women I've gotten contact info from made plans fairly quickly lol

Are you boring them? It’s easily done online when your ‘whole self ‘ isn’t evident.

Half these conversations don't even go on long enough to qualify for boring lmao. Maybe I am, but that would mean that their interests, hobbies, family, lifestyle, careers, education, motivations, feelings, and opinions are not interesting to them. Is that the kind of person you'd want to talk to? If someone asked me the same questions, I'd be happy to answer.

That being said, I'm always open to advice, so feel free to explain what "'whole self'" means.
 backcreek7
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2019 3:29:26 PM

may pertain to both men or women

... hot air ~ be wary of what you wish for ~

heart / yap yap yap / sun

col ( chuckle out loud )
 MusiKyle
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 1/8/2019 3:36:11 PM

This is it - you have to choose between learning to really LIKE women, or end up in the same place this guy is 20 years from now. That could be YOU (read his profile, and note the homo-erotic main pic, BTW).

I have no bitterness towards women; with the exception of one girl in the entirety of my life I've always had great girlfriends. I just posted a rant in a fit of annoyance - not totally seriously - which at this point I regret lol.
 HUMHUMA
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2019 3:36:34 AM
Blocking should be used for the mega....and unfortunately this on-line stuff has turned the world into wannabees.....and people who say things they wouldn't say in person...lol
 ssm508
Msg: 37
view profile
History
Posted: 1/11/2019 7:01:53 PM

My suggestion is that you try to steer women to phone conversation as soon as possible. You might find that they are better conversationalists on the phone than they are online. It's also a good way to gauge interest level.
Possibly although I know people that don't like talking on the phone and are better at having a face to face conversation. Which is why I have a relatively "low bar" for phone calls and wouldn't dismiss someone just because it wasn't the smoothest phone conversation.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Women can't hold conversations, their hands are too tiny. *grunt*
Posted: 1/12/2019 7:39:46 AM
sometimes, a lass doesn't talk to us as her way of saying, F O creep. Other times, she knows she's hot enough to not have to work so hard, and we fail to notice the library type in the corner who isn't the sexy librarian. and there are those women sick of men mansplaining over them. but otherwise, yeah, its fustrating when i observe something, wonder why out loud to strangers why it wasn't done better, and its always men who debate back the mechanics of it, the science of it, etc. Maybe STEM will have women more confident in debating why our trains don't have monorail yet, or why small business can't figure out service is how they trump low prices...just not in my lifetime. Pity, b/c its nice to get a variety of opinions in a philosophical debate. around here, there's a name for women who can hold an intelligent conversation--married.

"the jokes? give it a rest"

>>>hey now, i have a lot of women laughing at me (actually that's a joke in itself, they just ignore). but i do remember a poster who made a joke to a woman in her workspace that sent her scurrying off, and he thought there was something wrong with her. so, there is that.
 pfif
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Women can hold conversations -- and probably while doing other tasks at the same time ;)
Posted: 1/13/2019 5:58:20 PM
This (all typewritten telecommunication) is airless and
disjoint -- it is telegraphy. Dots and dashes - Morse Code.

Much of the doubt has been compressed out of it.

Online rule number one: irony isn't easily communicated,
especially when you don't know the other person well
enough to suppose what may reach them.

Expect trouble online -- that's what it's** for. I often
cannot even understand what I myself wrote, and not
that long ago, either. << [disjoint utterance to the lead-in]

If you want to resolve conflict - any conflict, whatsoever***
immediately smash with a hammer anything nearby that
can generate an SMS text message.

That's a good start.

Then, pick up the telephone, and talk to them.

Now you've got it -- the only known means to resolve
conflict at a distance.

purplerider1200
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 1/13/2019 7:36:55 PM
'inconsequential' is how it's spelled, not 'incosiquencial'.

(spellcheck to the rescue)

My experience is that until you sit down in person with someone, you don't really know if they can hold a conversation or not.

It's pretty reasonable to assume that. Some people get a streak of lazy when they type out messages. That keyboard intimidates. From years of two finger typing, I just got used to going faster with two fingers.

I find most people online or via text actually come off as way more savvy and funny that way, and then in real life they are flat.

Well sure. Most conversation doesn't take a five minute pause in real life. Tapping out this one, I can stop and think about my next sentence. Go retrieve more coffee. Shoo critters in and out the door. Of course, text or online will get more entertaining. You weren't watching me mull over what I was going to say, or that I edited out some because it didn't sound right. Wouldn't that be a choppy mess if it did go that way?

This is where it makes sense to meet up in real life, in an asap sort of way. You find out quick if he or she is worth your time.
 Coma_White
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2019 10:07:15 AM

I just had to rant about how many women say they want someone that can "carry a conversation" when they can't themselves. In fact, it seems like half of these women want to find someone that behaves more like primetime television than a human being, keeping them entertained with mouth noises while requiring minimal or no effort from themselves.

Online dating is more or less a waste of time for men. Any attractive woman will spend maybe 5 seconds per message because her inbox is full and possibly ignore the rest. I know women that don't even put pictures up and they got like 80 messages when they signed up. However, once you have a woman's attention, you just have to say: "uh huh" and let her do the talking.
 2ufo
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2019 11:03:22 AM

However, once you have a woman's attention, you just have to say: "uh huh" and let her do the talking.

Funny, I was just going to type that a man considers an interesting conversation with a woman when she merely blinks her eyes and goes 'how fascinating, tell me more about yourself''.

If you're trying to get an interesting conversation with a woman online... I don't think it will go far.
If it's in real life - if it isn't interesting, then you aren't interested. Or interesting. Or both. Simply be courteous.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 1/14/2019 11:52:17 AM

I just had to rant about how many women say they want someone that can "carry a conversation" when they can't themselves.

It's one of the assumed myths that we pick up as truths and don't really question as we don't really think about it much. No, women aren't better/more conversationalists than men. That said though, if you're running into many gals who are quiet thru your whole date -- even after having a couple drinks / nervousness shed -- you're running to gals with lack of interest. Not that they all are poor conversationalists in general.

but I've been getting especially annoyed lately because I'll talk to girls that are *clearly* showing interest, but they kill the whole conversation so quickly it almost feels intentional

That's not a lack of ability to hold a conversation. That's lack of interest after they seemed to have interest. Remember: There's lots of guys hitting them up. There's about 2.5 men to every girl. Think about it. For every 2 girls on here, there's two guys surrounding each girl + 1 an extra guy around them, too. An average Jane can pick up an above-average Joe, especially when just-casual-fool-around is a motive for many. A better looking guy came in, and/or an existing guy rose to the surface again after she was dabbling with the online thing.

And that's assuming you're on-point when interacting with them online.

I know those women sit around thinking something dumb like "Man that guy was so funny, it's too bad he started asking boring questions". Like... ladies, take a second to look at how you respond to guys and see if you're crushing opportunities, because it happens quite a bit.

If they think you're actually Cute, and aren't swarmed by notably better looking guys -- statements & questions that may even lean on the boring side aren't going to be boring to them. That's what Liking someone means.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Women can't hold conversations, that's why they're here