Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Isn't 'Space' Just Emptiness?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Isn't 'Space' Just Emptiness?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)

Nothing is nothingness...even a vacuum in space is filled with particles flitting into and out of existence.

Space is nothingness in the way We mean nothingness -- like what we interact with, as opposed to "things". Yeah. But space is itself something, in which "things" exist. So space itself Is something, not just the definition of purely void. Space curves when there is a "thing" existing in it, and the extent of curvature around it depends on how much mass it has.

Particles popping in and out of existence -- that is sort of not really true, much like an atom being mostly empty space is not fully true. This physicist explains it pretty well here on an Internet show: https://youtu.be/hHMSvSqCDKc?t=1080

Essentially, an electron is Actually a Cloud when inside an atom (think of it as another level/plane of existence when in that state) -- and there's varying probabilities along that cloud where you would "catch" that electron as a particle. The concept of particles "popping in and out of existence" is kind of like that... they're Literally Not Exactly doing that, but are much like an electron -- it's appearing here and there based on the wave probability of where it'll be at any given time... but it doesn't pop in and out of actual existence, it's always existing.

Space itself is emptiness in the same sense that clean air is emptiness, as it's in reference to what we are implying by "empty". Much like "is that dish clean?" Yeah, it's clean -- but I may mean that to mean to a certain level, where someone else goes out of their way to up the ante on what They mean by 'clean'. Both space & air are substances in and of themselves. But space itself is not a construct of "stuff" (mass), where air is "stuff" (mass).
 Inicia
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Isn't 'Space' Just Emptiness?
Posted: 2/5/2019 8:25:52 AM
no popping only shifting! lol
 Mr_Jackazz_Cash
Msg: 28
Posted: 2/7/2019 12:05:57 PM
I was going to save this for my Friday morning rant but I had an early flight home this week and don’t have anything else to do on this soggy wet rainy afternoon in Ohio…

^ A common trait of scum such as you and _Jackazz_Cash is that you have little to say or a limited means of expressing it.

DD, you silly man.
I have plenty to say. However, not to your buffoonish questions and comments. Just pointing out your idiocy.

Remember this interchange with me under one of my former Mr_J_Cash profiles when I got Frank – A.K.A. LOLTrump – your then chief antagonist booted? You were all in favor of me putting him in his place and chummed up to me right away until I called you out too for your idiot/buffoonish postings. You then started spitting your hate and silly little name calling in an attempt to shame or embarrass me. It failed then too.
See your Dismaying Dames thread Posts 14 – 24
https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16650498.aspx#16650770

NOTE: For the record, Post 25 in the above thread was from me after I took the LOLTrump profile name the same day I got Frank deleted. I was going to use it to antagonize him. I only used it a few times before it was deleted by ata.

Oh, and by the way, you are one of the few people who Frank actually totally outwitted and I agreed with his take on you. Just not his attack style. Besides, Frank is the only person I enjoyed deleting. It was always a cold dish of vengeance. When I swooped in out of nowhere and deleted his LOLTrump profile it was especially sweet.

OK, OK, enough reminiscing good times.

And so you turn to one of the few options available you, especially on a site as shabbily-moderated as this one.
Correction: This site is totally unmoderated. Shabbily moderated would be a huge improvement. Many will argue this point though.

I wonder at whether you have anything to contribute that is amusing, constructive, entertaining, informative or moral &c. And I doubt that you do

Since you did not differentiate between red-n-white and myself for that comment I will assume it too was directed at me.

I have plenty of constructive input in my posts. Just not (typically) when replying to you and or your wacko questions and comments. This post being an obvious exception.

As to amusing? Did you not just put in another thread, and I quote:
^ Do you know, I find it as hard to entertain shoddily-made humour …
I thought all the question marks, exclamation points, and other punctuation only post mocking you and your delusional self-appointed intelligence; even by one of your defenders who also begs you to stop. Now THAT was some funny shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I conclude that, in your case, you can't find even a transsister to partner you, let alone a real gurl

Humpf? How do you profess to know anything about my personal life? I cannot figure out how someone who considers himself so intelligent would profess to know a person’s intimate life from an anonymous forum profile???

Oh wait! I get it now! It is another silly little attempt to shame or embarrass me.

OH! I AM SO HUMILIATED NOW!!!!

Actually, I am married. Very, very happily married. It will be 9 years in May. She is my second wife. I am her first husband. We raise two children form my first marriage and two from our union with a third on the way. She is 15 years my junior. She is an executive at a local TV station where we met when she was a reporter and interviewed me about my business for a story back in the day. Just so you know. And yes, she knows that I have a profile and post here. She doesn’t like a lot of what I write so she usually doesn’t read it but understands why I am this way here. (hint: it is the anonymity and the ability to lash out at the type of stupidity I have to deal with from customers employees)

DD
Cash
DD
Cash
DD
Cash
DD
Cash
DD
 Mr_Jackazz_Cash
Msg: 29
Posted: 2/7/2019 12:33:38 PM
By the way, has anybody seen Frank lately? I wonder what forum he is trolling now. I'm sure he is making a lot of new friends.

Maybe he is trolling that dating forum slimefish started a few years ago... if it is still up and running.
 back_again4917
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 2/7/2019 4:51:41 PM
Cash,
He was addressing you and Platitude, not rednwhiterider.
 Mr_Jackazz_Cash
Msg: 31
Posted: 2/8/2019 3:49:48 AM

He was addressing you and Platitude, not rednwhiterider.

Good catch Tex.

My bad.
My apologies to red-n-white.
 DDSearle
Msg: 32
Posted: 2/8/2019 5:28:15 AM
Why trouble (with help from this illiterate hack or your double) to explain yourself so? Your dearth of confidence is as apparent as the lack of stuff to say. Repeatedly, you are limited to denigrating the effort of others
You tell us about how great you'd like us to believe your family-life may be. Revealing private details about your wife &c, I daresay without permission, is, as much as your reliance on emojis, the style of a deluded failure
 Mr_Jackazz_Cash
Msg: 33
Posted: 2/8/2019 6:46:38 AM
DD →

DD, your attempt to troll is as lame as your posting.

DD, your attempt to display intelligence is at best, the very best, amusing. More often than not just downright lame.

DD, your attempt at humor results in nothing more than the silence of a cricket chirping. Your failed attempt of showing intelligence is much more amusing. If you want to make us laugh keep that up. Realize though that we are not laughing with you, we are laughing at your buffoonery. We are laughing at your in ability to realize how stupid you make yourself look while attempting to look intelligent, in spire of so many people asking you to just stop exposing you IQ.

You speak of delusions. That statement, combined with your obvious delusions, makes strong arguments that not are you just diluted but likely suffer from delusions of grander.

Do you understand the idea of a self-report inventory? (Hint: Google it) You should think about doing one of the most used ones like maybe the MMPI. Of course, that would only be in conjunction with treatment from psychological professionals.

I do not need permission from my children for anything. They need my permission. They are my children. They are minors and I am their father. I am responsible for their lives and I am in charge of them. Regardless of what progressives think, the parent is still the parent and morally and legally responsible for all decisions about and for them. My wife read this thread and a few others last night and rolled her eyes before saying “What a dweeb”.

You just called Tex (Back_Again) an illiterate hack??? Boy, that is totally uncalled for. From what I have read of his posts he has an actual education and displays intellect. You would be 400 times better if you had 5% of his credibility.

Now THAT is my Friday morning rant!!!
 DDSearle
Msg: 34
Posted: 2/8/2019 7:36:07 AM
You seem annoyed,
Jackass_Trash
This shall be your name now
 DDSearle
Msg: 35
Posted: 2/8/2019 7:48:46 AM
And the tone of these utterances about your family resembles that of an abusive husband or parent,
Jackass_Trash
The reality may be that you have little more in this world than those ridiculous emojis.
Jackass_Trash
 Mr_Jackazz_Cash
Msg: 36
Posted: 2/8/2019 8:39:55 AM
Like I told you the last time you thought that title would bother me...
Just don't call me late to dinner!

You are such an easy and lame piece of crap.

Tr yto show a trace of intelligence and try to have a less spiteful day buddy!
~ Mr Jackass Trash~

PS, you still owe Tex an apology. What you said was totality uncalled for completely unfounded.

And this little DD cried Waaaa all the way home... Waa, Waa, Waa

DDSearle
Msg: 37
Posted: 2/8/2019 9:27:31 AM
What ails you, Jackass_Trash?
Your response to my comments is as slow as your bowel-movements may be
We're hardly witty, are we? Is deploying all those emojis just too hard for you?

As for 'Tex', or whatever the name that may sound serious in Ohio &c , though riscible in Wyoming,
he's you, isn't he? After all, he uses those emojis just like you do
 Mr_Jackazz_Cash
Msg: 38
Posted: 2/8/2019 10:17:16 AM
So tell me DD, everybody who uses the emoji is Back_Again4917 and or I? And He and I am everyone who uses the emoji?
REALLY???

Your journey from point A to point B is another example of your logic.

I do admit to referencing his posts in the FAQ: How To Quote, Bold, Italicize and Underline your text - Practice Thread when I cannot remember the code. It is a good list. The best one left in the forums.
Thanks Tex!!

You know, you finally made me think/wonder about something you said. Well, just a little bit.
After all, he uses those emojis just like you do

So, I checked. He has posted 37 times since he put up those lists in the FAQ: How To Quote, Bold, Italicize and Underline your text - Practice Thread one year ago. He has used an emoji in a whopping five posts since then. One in each. He has used just three different ones: ‘band’ once, ‘hug’ once, ‘roll on floor’ three times.

Yep, He and I, two peas in a pod.

I use the emoji because they obviously irritate you. Otherwise you wouldn’t be complaining so much. Like I said, you are lame and an easy mark DD.

I’m answering your posts between other tasks. Not sitting on the site waiting, waiting, waiting for your reply. But knowing that you are sitting there checking, checking, checking, re-checking, for my reply warms my heart! Pathetic and sad but sweet at the same time. I didn’t think you cared so much for me DD.

Even though I am not in the office I had few things to complete today. Now it is out to play for the rest of the day. So, after you read this DD you can turn off your computer. Maybe look up a good psychiatric help clinic and give them a call??

Have a wonderful day! And GET OFF THAT COMPUTER!!!

~Mr Jackass Cash~ → and

DD →
DD’s silently pleading → PLEASE! me

DDSearle
Msg: 39
Posted: 2/8/2019 12:23:41 PM
Those who make bold their text are trying to say something about nothing
That may apply to you, Jackass_Trash
And those that underline or underscore are worse
 backcreek7
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2019 6:18:19 PM

on PBS tonight > " Private companies develop new ways to put humans in space " meteor < ( col )

... heart / sun ...
 backcreek7
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2019 6:30:08 PM
... In my mind, the most important thing for mankind to EVER achieve, is to get human life existing off this planet. Lets start with colonizing the moon, and head out from there. Doesn't make sense to sit around like the dinosaurs, waiting for the next " meteor " or until the next man made catastrophe arrives ...

so yeah ^^^ private companies, go for it !!!
 platitude545
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2019 9:16:16 AM
^^^^ in a sense that is an egocentric way of seeing things...as if the existence of mankind means a damn thing to the Universe. The sun will expand into our orbit within 5 billion years and the history and existence of what was once life on earth will pass into oblivion, and nobody will be the wiser for it. It will be as if the planet Earth never existed to begin with. As for whether human kind will be here...its hard for me to believe it will be....modern humans have only been around for what, 10,000 years? How are we going to last another 10,000 years with all of our weapons of mass destruction. I just don't see it. Its a matter of time.
 backcreek7
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2019 6:53:44 PM
^^^ Well I agree with much you have said P545. But we do know ONE thing for sure , we need to get our human petri dishes, out of this solar system and into another. Which is not only possible I believe, but can actually be done . And no, we won't be here in another 10,000 years, in fact > to be blunt, I'm thinking less then 500. I'm not sure why I think this, other then the " odds " of the human race surviving on earth here, seem to be well > astronomical poor, col ....

... Funny though, I believe the universe ( s ) was created for the very purpose of promulgating human evolution. In other words, some form of intelligent life is meant to be created, for what reason I am not sure. Far fetched ? S* hi t yeah but, It is the only thing that seems to make sense to me ( and not a lot , at that )

~ thank you for replying ~

... heart / out of this solar system / sun ...
 platitude545
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2019 8:31:09 AM
^^^ there is some who say we were created by the universe to be aware of its existence...what good is the universe if nobody knows it exists?
 backcreek7
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2019 11:08:21 AM
... When it comes to the universe, my opinion is > it is most certainly all cause & effect. In other words, there is no magic, EVERYTHING can be explained through science. The ONLY thing that cannot be explained is " who or what " created it, and for what purpose if any ?

... For me, I find it rather perplexing but - if you may consider that time itself, does not exist if there is no beginning point ( big bang ) or a " fish tank " ( the universe / space ) so to speak > then it also can be imagined that a " superior " being or God so too speak - may exist in a type of world of pure energy, no physical form detectable via a " human beings " perspective.

... BUT ^^^ I don't think or worry so much about any of it, just thankful I exist, col ( chuckle out loud ) I find life absolutely fascinating, and in my mind > there is a purpose, what it is ? We are not intended to find out, for we are not even close to our ( finished ) form or make up .

... heart / the universe / sun ...
 Inicia
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2019 7:43:33 PM
I do agree we have a limited time. Yet believe we can, and have everything we need; to extend and improve/perfect humanities limited existence on earth, while also perpetuating, sustainable "intelligent, human life" exterior of earth-In a way, wherein, we don't have human losers. i do believe placing "can't, won'ts, impossible" limitations from our experienced historical inability to collaborate-negates the very probable/possible success of a future collaborative human effort. We can have such if we want. Either way it will be fine. Like when mom throws the cake out to the birds, when we fight over who gets to frost it.
Show ALL Forums  > Science/philosophy  > Isn't 'Space' Just Emptiness?