Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How much texting after a first meet is too much?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 26
view profile
History
How much texting after a first meet is too much?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
Well it's been over for a while. I had even given him an opportunity when I asked him if we were to meet today, would he do anything differently and he continued to defend his texting overkill. Then he asked me if the question was rhetorical or for real. I told him it was for real and that he blew it. I was forced to block him everywhere cause he wouldn't give up and began using things I had told him against me. That is a big NO NO. So whew....escape! I've met with another fellow who is much more of a challenge. We met and had coffees on Tuesday night, and it's actually quite exciting wondering if he will call. My heart is not broken if he doesn't. He just didn't feel 'it' and I'm not sure yet if I did. Next.....
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 27
view profile
History
How much texting after a first meet is too much?
Posted: 1/25/2019 6:00:18 AM

Too many people these days demand 100% of your attention for trivial things. I'd avoid them.

That is why I dislike texting for other than things like "Drink later?" and "Time/place?" and "K". Most often it requires you to stop what your doing to check and/or respond and most people expect immediate gratification with a response.
 ssm508
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 1/25/2019 12:48:26 PM

That is why I dislike texting for other than things like "Drink later?" and "Time/place?" and "K". Most often it requires you to stop what your doing to check and/or respond and most people expect immediate gratification with a response.

You need to stop what you are doing to answer a phone call. When I text someone, I don't need an immediate response. That person can respond at their earliest convenience. If something was urgent or an emergency, then I would be more likely to call that person.
 Natey2
Msg: 29
Posted: 1/29/2019 11:24:39 AM
If I was in an hour-long business meeting , it would be easier for me to reply to a text than it would be for me to answer a phone call.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > How much texting after a first meet is too much?