Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Dateing is all about race      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 oldwxman
Msg: 51
view profile
History
Dateing is all about racePage 3 of 3    (1, 2, 3)

It could be the area of the country I'm in. Have you noticed the increase in black female/white male couples in commercials? It kind of came out of nowhere in the last couple of years.

I've noticed too. Lots of mixed kids too. You never see Black men with East Asian women. I am certain that they don't serve a racial agenda. It's advertising so the only motivation is money.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 52
Dateing is all about race
Posted: 2/20/2019 11:45:23 AM
It's advertising so the only motivation is money.
have to be politically correct! going by the commercials, all we have is mixed couples, adopted kids, gay couples and stay home dads. straight white blue collar men are NOT their target audience.
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 53
view profile
History
Dateing is all about race
Posted: 2/20/2019 1:34:09 PM

Interesting. In my experiences of dating black women since the 1980s, most of the negativity I have received have been from black men. Black women have been quite positive when I've been out with another black woman.

It could be the area of the country I'm in. Have you noticed the increase in black female/white male couples in commercials? It kind of came out of nowhere in the last couple of years.

Have noticed many of those commercials. They probably think they will appeal to a big range of demographics. If an ad has two people, a black woman and a white man, they think the ad will be identifiable to both genders and both races. Also they mix ages, not as a relationship couple but they have wide combinations to try to appeal to so many people. The black women in commercials all seem to be a small subset of the overall black female population: similar hair, melanin content, etc. Wouldn't be surprised if some of the same actresses are in commercials for multiple companies. The white dudes are also within a narrow segment. Of course the black dudes are "assimilated", never too "ethnic".

The black women get especially upset when "successful" black men are with white women. "They're stealing our men!"
People don't seem to mind as much the less common pairing of the black woman with the white man. Though a poster on here (who some considered a troll) said, "Stay away from our black queens!" Black women sometimes make fun of or peer pressure the black person in a mixed pairing. A black male friend said he was dancing with a white female, and some of the black women said to him, "Jungle fever!" In college before class, an attractive black gal (whose mother was white) made kissing sounds at me, so other black gals in the class gave her trouble (perhaps they viewed me as nerdy, thinking all white guys are nerds?) She didn't succumb to their peer pressure. She defended me, saying "that's my guy!"
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Dateing is all about race