Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do muscles make it easier to attract women (srs question)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Do muscles make it easier to attract women (srs question)Page 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
msg#25:
You do not need big muscles to attract women.You need a big wallet filled with 100 dollar bills.

Padding in all the right places pleases everyone~
 ginghamgal
Msg: 27
Do muscles make it easier to attract women (srs question)
Posted: 1/26/2019 11:39:28 AM
Having muscles is a mild preference. But it's not a "must have". I have dated men with different body types. The only body type that is a complete turn off for me is being very overweight or fat.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2019 4:55:21 PM
“Some women would rather have you give that attention to THEM, rather than your own body.”

I’d stop working out in a heartbeat if an attractive woman told me she’d date me but only if I stopped working out. The only reason I do *anything* in my life, including working out, is to make myself more attractive to women and increase the likelihood that I’ll get a date. I most definitely do not work out for myself. I don’t really care about it at all – after all, I didn’t do it for more than a decade. You may look at working out 20 hours a week and say “sounds like an obsession to me,” which it most certainly is: an obsession to get a date.

Of course, what I described in the first sentence of that last paragraph is nothing short of a paradox. If a woman was attracted to my physique but didn’t want to me to put the effort into maintaining that physique, then what the hell to do? It’s difficult to imagine that could even be a real world scenario.

I think we need to get back to the OP’s original question, which almost no one else is answering: “Do muscles make it easier to attract women?” He didn’t ask, “Do muscles make it easier to attract YOU” or any specific woman. Restated, this question could be: “Do muscles on a man increase the amount of women that find him attractive?” Most definitely the answer to that is “Yes.”

Looking at the overwhelming results of my human “experiment” (in which I got hundreds times more views on POF with a muscular main pic than with a non-muscular main pic) is not even necessary – it’s just common sense statistics. If that wasn’t true, you’d basically be claiming that more women would date a man who didn’t have muscles than would date a man who did have muscles (all other things being equal). Really? Even just looking at the responses in this thread, we have one woman who hates muscles, one woman who strongly prefers them, a couple women with mild muscle preferences, and the rest wouldn’t throw a muscular man out of bed. (Hah.) Conversely, only one woman had anything positive to say about the complete opposite of the muscular man. Overall: muscles > average > thin > obese. To maximize your possibilities among women, get muscles – you will maintain nearly all your current opportunities while only turning off a few, which will more than be cancelled out by adding a bunch more.

Get ripped. Just not freakishly ripped. (Am I freakish yet? Of course – I was freakish before I ever even touched a weight.)

But, yeah, getting rich works even better. Or so I've observed.
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 1/26/2019 5:59:53 PM
Had jasmine rice for lunch today.

Rice can definitely enable weight gain, as shown by sumo wrestlers often dining on rice.

I make the most out of very little muscle tissue instead of packing on tons of muscle tissue

I believe that's ideal: doing more with compact lean muscle than having a high volume of useless soft muscle tissue.

The only advantage I can think of increasing one's weight would be in contact sports such as American football when you're pushing an opponent, where your added weight will give you more momentum (weight times speed).

Gaining muscle volume / weight to get dates sounds lame.

The Charles Atlas ad "I was a 97 pound weakling" is one of the silliest things ever. His date was a total b**** when she abandoned him, walking away with the musclehead bully who kicked sand in his face. Then the weakling buys the Charles Atlas bodybuilding course and gets big muscles, finds the bully on the beach with his ex, physically assaults the bully, and takes back the girl.

It seems like many women are more comfortable being with a man who has an average body type. Have seen countless profiles in which she says she wants someone with a "dad bod". Some women react to a person with extremely low body fat with, "I hate you!"

Have never had large volume upper body muscles and don't want them. Seems like it would take time and effort to maintain them. They would probably get in the way, constricting blood vessels, pinching nerves, increasing the chance of a heart attack. Even if I had big upper body muscles, I would not flaunt them. Looser fitting shirts are more comfortable. Wouldn't do the d-bag strategy of parading around in a tank top or a skintight shirt.

The stereotype of the bodybuilder is he's not attracted to girls. He might not be attracted to other men either. He mostly likes looking at himself in the mirror.
 cardtny
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2019 3:22:03 AM
Serious question maybe????
 cooldog65
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2019 4:42:25 AM

Rice can definitely enable weight gain, as shown by sumo wrestlers often dining on rice.

They pair the rice with chankonabe (a stew) and beer. Lots of calories.
Posted: 1/27/2019 5:37:00 AM

But, yeah, getting rich works even better. Or so I've observed

OH MY, all of the intelligent, well thought out posts that have come from you. Suddenly you make a comment that would give the bitter bro on the last page a run for his money. So disappointed, my fantasy ruined! ............ I know, you were hacked, weren't you? Those Trump supporters over in off topic, have taken over your account. Yes, that's it.......... Carry on!
 MyTrueCompanion
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2019 6:20:41 AM

Those Trump supporters over in off topic, have taken over your account. Yes, that's it.......... Carry on!

LOL-Happy New Year Strat!
 curvylady1965
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 1/27/2019 6:28:21 AM

He's mostly likes looking at himself in the mirror.

I used to participate in half marathons. Doing these was something anyone with a bit of a determination and lacking serious physical limitations could easily do. However, they were my limit. A full marathon was a completely different level of training and dedication and I would not have wanted to dedicate that much of my life to doing one. The people doing them typically lived a very different lifestyle and training was usually a central focus to them. They were very focused on themselves because they had to be. I was dating at the time. I would never have pursued even casual dating with someone doing fulls just because it was such a different focus and lifestyle. I see men who take the time to develop very muscular bodies the same way. They are on a different path in life and have to be very focused on themselves out of necessity. It isn't a bad thing. It was just never my thing. But I am speaking from the perspective of a woman in her fifties. If I were in my twenties, I might really enjoy that type of physique and not mind the amount of self-focus it takes to get it.
 HawkingJr
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2019 5:08:08 AM
“OH MY, all of the intelligent, well thought out posts that have come from you. Suddenly you make a comment that would give the bitter bro on the last page a run for his money.”

Why is “But, yeah, getting rich works even better. Or so I've observed” bitter? Does money not make men more popular with women? I’m not talking about YOU specifically. I mean, again, just as with my last statement on muscles: do rich men not have more women interested in them than poor men? I’m not saying it’s for good reasons – I’m just saying it’s a statistical fact. The obvious reason I tacked on “Or so I’ve observed” is because I’ve never been even close to rich, so unlike with muscles, it’s not a difference I can say I’ve personally experienced, only observed with other men and in scientific studies. But that said, I’ve never been more popular among women in real life situations than when I’m throwing money around – credit card money, temporary windfall money, money I should be using for something else, but point is, it’s the closest thing to personal experience on the matter, and it is also arguably (weak) validation.
Posted: 1/28/2019 6:09:43 AM

Does money not make men more popular with women?

No, actually in but very few cases it doesn't. Most people that I have observed tend to go with their equals. Poor women tend to end up with poor men, middle class women tend to end up with middle class men. A rich man might take a poor or middle class woman but she better be "hawt". The women I know who have money, of course, they want a man who is their equal. They're really not all that abundant though.
Except for a very few times, I don't think Ive ever heard a woman seriously say money was her number 1 trait in a man. usually, they just want a man who treats them right and isn't a di**.

do rich men not have more women interested in them than poor men? I’m not saying it’s for good reasons – I’m just saying it’s a statistical fact.

I don't think it is! How do you account for all these normal everyday middle class and poor guys getting women to date and marry them?

But that said, I’ve never been more popular among women in real life situations than when I’m throwing money around – credit card money, temporary windfall money, money I should be using for something else,

You know, I have a friend who sleeps with lots of men for no other reason than she wants the attention. Her self esteem is so bad she thinks that is the only way she will get any attention at all from them. She feels pretty popular when she is giving them what they want too. She has done this so often, she now thinks that all men are just looking for a romp in the hay. I guess it's just a matter of perspective but I think most times, it's just easier to blame someone else for your own stupidity. You cant blame PEOPLE for taking what you are offering.

but point is, it’s the closest thing to personal experience on the matter, and it is also arguably (weak) validation.

I've really got to wonder if its a difference in culture. From some of the things I read on this board, I get the impression that NO women in the United States work. Apparently, they just spend their days chasing men with money around because they have none of their own. Here in Ontario, the majority of women work and have their own coin. We have men around because we want them around, not because they are an easy access ATM.
 gavs321
Msg: 37
Posted: 1/28/2019 7:28:50 AM
Money makes a huge difference.

I worked for Pepsi and got to work all around Dallas and got to see cities up to 60 miles north of Dallas.

When you go to "Uptown" (rich part of Dallas), you see women walking around with their ugly beta male husband who gives them money.

That's the culture in Dallas, the ugly guy refuses to be with a woman equal to him so he is willing to shell out money to phuck the girl with the big bubble ass.

What I notice in north Texas, it's very cut throat with attraction.

If you're not genetically elite, you have to make up for it with "status" or "money".

Men are very competitive here...

I have an 18 year old friend that's bangin 1 gram of Trenbolone a week and ran his testosterone to 8,000 NG / DL... and he said "man, before I was skinny and now I'm huuugggeeee and women want to hang out now".

It is what it is.
 hemingway234
Msg: 38
Posted: 1/28/2019 7:34:56 AM
SomewhereInTheStratosfere, thank you. What you said is correct.

Listen, everybody wants more money. Surprise! But it's only the most important thing to a small group of women who are golddiggers or crazy, NOT THE KIND OF WOMEN YOU WANT TO DATE. You are looking for one good one, but not those types, so they don't count.

HawkingJr, I've read your posts before. Your problem is, you are the typical nice guy - you have a poor attitude and know nothing about women.
Posted: 1/28/2019 8:16:30 AM

thank you. What you said is correct

Some posters really need to put something in the place of bitter.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread
 HawkingJr
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2019 8:40:39 AM
“No, actually in but very few cases it doesn't. Most people that I have observed tend to go with their equals. Poor women tend to end up with poor men, middle class women tend to end up with middle class men.”

Well, yes, of course, that’s what most people end up with: their equals. Just like attractive men end up with attractive women, whites end up with whites, Catholics end up with Catholics and drug addicts end up with drug addicts. (Obvious exception as I’ve stated many, many, many times before: short women do not end up with short men.) We’re talking about what people want, not what they get. A single woman of any status who does not want a rich man, ALL OTHER THINGS BEING EQUAL, would have to be exceedingly rare. Sure, most women currently in a relationship with a non-rich guy are going to say “I don’t want a rich guy – I want THIS guy.” And most of them probably mean it. But give any single woman two men who are exactly identical, except one is rich and one is a janitor – which one are you going to take? I’m not even saying that’s wrong or shallow.

Of course, in the “real world” there is no such scenario: no two men (not even identical twins) are alike in every way but one, so maybe a man of average means and appearance with a great personality is better than a rich modelesque guy with a terrible personality to many women. Yet, something tells me most women with a rich, moderately flawed man are not trading him in for a poor, flawless man.

“From some of the things I read on this board, I get the impression that NO women in the United States work.”

That seems like a gigantic leap. I can assure you the vast majority of American women work, and most enjoy work and the independence it gives them. Yet nearly all of them were fed Disney fairy tales about handsome princes – when one shows up, it seems difficult not to go all-in for the fairy tale if that’s what he’s bringing with him. The current Duchess of Sussex grew up middle class, is extremely well-educated (double major from Northwestern, studied in Madrid, internship in Argentina) and had a very successful career going, but, hey, a prince showed up and she threw it all away in a royal heartbeat. Should womanhood look down on her for that?

“You cant blame PEOPLE for taking what you are offering.”

I’m not blaming anybody for anything. I’m actually glad the world works the way it does with money. Because money is not something you have to be born with to get and have. There’s nothing (within the average person’s budget) I can do about my height or the way women look upon it. There’s nothing I can do about my ethnic background or the way women look upon it. My personality will never be a “life of the party” type that most women love being around. But there always was the possibility and still is the possibility that I could become rich. So I am happy that women (on average) prefer rich men, because at least that’s something that I can theoretically change about myself to make myself more attractive to women. I have failed to this point by all normal routes, but you never know when I might buy the right lottery ticket!

“point is, it’s the closest thing to personal experience on the matter”

I forgot about one particular episode in my life that fits more into this narrative than any other. Many years ago, I struck up a conversation with a very beautiful young woman (some have said the most attractive woman I’ve ever been with, and body-wise, that was definitely true) and she eventually agreed to go on a date with me; it’s very important to note it took me weeks to get her to do so, so she knew me fairly well by the time we went on that date. Or so she thought. At some point on that very long first date, she actually admitted to me she only went out with me because she thought, based on my job title and where I worked, that I was rich, but during the date she realized I was not. I just shrugged it off, mainly because I figured that meant it was just yet another one-and-done date and I’d better enjoy her while she was with me.

We actually ended up dating on-and-off for another year and half and remained friends for years after the “break up.” I guess she decided I was interesting enough to make up for my lack of richness, which was pretty surprising, because she turned out to be a major golddigger. But that never really showed up in her "real" dating habits – almost every guy I saw her seriously date afterwards and the couple I knew about before me were pretty far from rich (most besides me grew up in a very similar working class background as her). But in between “serious” dating, she was always getting rich older guys to buy her stuff. But the point is, she never would have gone out with me to begin with if she hadn’t thought I was rich. Being rich opens up doors for men that would never open up if they were poor – in just additional opportunities to meet women alone.

"Your problem is, you are the typical nice guy - you have a poor attitude and know nothing about women."

I'm assuming "typical nice guy" was sarcasm. I won't argue with the "poor attitude" part (100,000+ rejections and counting eventually brings you down), but my 2 best friends (20+ years and 16 years) are women, and they seem to think I know something about women. That said, they argue with me about some of my theories and sometimes even with scientific data, but money is definitely not one of those they argue with -- they both strongly prefer men with more money and keep telling me making a lot of it will make my current women troubles go away. And probably create completely new ones, but, hey, at this point, I'll take the variety -- the old troubles are getting old after 30+ years.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2019 9:51:13 AM
many women, looking for a relationship rather than just an achievement, will seek a partner who is financially stable (and why not). of course, everyone's definition of "financially stable" depends upon their social-economic upbringing. a trailer home can beat a parent's basement, for example. so i'll agree with SITS's assessment. we had a post a month or more ago from a woman who thought her man was hot, but he was too busy to date (ie, work got in the way) and she thought his station was well above her's. neither made her comfortable. so, sometimes being wealthy isn't a bonus. the nice thing about money is you can always work harder to earn more, but good luck trying to look better :)

(of course, you can exercise and have surgury, but you're stuck with the skeleton you have)

"We actually ended up dating on-and-off for another year and half and remained friends for years after the “break up.” "

>>>my experience is, dating isn't far off from being a friend--you just need a personality. sex either requires booze or a physical attraction--assuming she doesn't have some daddy issue to work off :)

"But the point is, she never would have gone out with me to begin with if she hadn’t thought I was rich. "

>>>if she had the figure to pull it off, why not reach for the top shelf. in our society, being rich isn't just about money to spend on a date, we consider it a sign of success--before we even ask if its inherited. shoot, how many people go shopping for a product, and buy the expensive one on the notion it must be worth more b/c it costs more?
 dinno76
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2019 9:56:57 AM
When it comes to economics women rarely date down. Many men will date a woman who makes less money than them. Most women won't date a man who makes less than them.
 gavs321
Msg: 43
Posted: 1/28/2019 10:42:31 AM
yes, you are correct!

The only way you can get a woman that makes more money is be a genetic god like Ian Sommerhalder 95% of the time.
 CBGB77
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2019 11:07:41 AM

Posted By: gavs321 on 1/28/2019 1231 PM
Subject: Do muscles make it easier to attract women (srs question)

The only way you can get a woman that makes more money is be a genetic god like Ian Sommerhalder 95% of the time.

Chicks dig vampires!

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/sex-murder-and-the-meaning-life/201610/supernatural-stimuli-why-women-love-vampires
 julystorm22
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Posted: 1/30/2019 2:19:42 PM
I don't mind guy with some pudge. Rather an overweight guy than a skinny guy I think.
 MsMicki
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2019 6:45:21 AM
this woman is absolutely not interested in a man that is consumed with his own looks....

when working out goes beyond just being healthy and fit...and crosses over into "I want to be huge"....
I would equate that to having some sort of psychological mental need I'm not willing to deal with.
 dinno76
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2019 7:41:03 AM
Obviously never heard of Instagram. Filled with men and women obsessed with their looks. Pretty soon cell phones will come with their own selfie sticks when you buy them.
 MsMicki
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2019 7:56:51 AM

Obviously never heard of Instagram.

Sure I've heard of it....just choose to not be a part of it!!
Or this self obsession of needing validation from hundreds of people ….
 bootsinthesnow
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 1/31/2019 10:35:35 PM
I prefer men a little chunky
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 2/3/2019 12:25:22 PM
I appreciate muscles on a man (or a woman for that matter) to the extent that it enables them to help me do what 'I' cannot do.
The 'muscles themselves' , especially when grossly over-developed, hold no appeal for me aesthetically speaking, apart from the person~
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do muscles make it easier to attract women (srs question)