Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The Truth about Palestine      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 platitude545
Msg: 26
The Truth about PalestinePage 2 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
Hopeless...you need Jovan to come in and help you...with his never ending Rants about Israel not having any rights to the land and therefore it should lay down its arms and apologize, you need Jovan's rants about how the Jews had the audacity to conceive of a homeland even before the holocaust, you need Cotter to come in and vilify the Jews in Israel...all while asserting, of course, that her best friends are Jewish and all agree with her, ROFLMAO, and you need Mungo Jo to accuse us israeli supporters of being fuktards and of ignoring the admonishments of a former Israeli General who claimed in an uncited French newspaper...according to Mungo, that Israel did not need to preemptively attack the arabs in 67, how it could have just sat back, allowed the arabs to attack, and then easily defeat the combined Arab Armies which outnumbered the Jews 50-1.

In other words Hopeless, you are far beyond your element...you can't do this on your own...you need the nonsensical, non-stop drivel from the other haters...but they are not here...only you are here...and your constant deflection is not winning you any points. Certainly you can do better...so let me ask again:

1) Does Israel have the right to exist. You say yes...then why don't the muslims agree? and if so...
2) Does Israel have the right to defend itself. You say it does...so why do you then complain about its in fact defending itself?
3) Does not the Palestinian Charter not call for the destruction of Israel? Should Israel disarm itself based on the goals of the Palestinians
4) Why do the Palestinians turn every land they have....including the Gaza, into a cesspool instead of into the Gardens they could be?
5) When are the Palestinians going to actually start working to building something instead of destroying...is that all the Muslims can do in this world...destroy everything that is good and everything they do not agree with?
6) When are the Muslims going to unite into one religion instead of one faction constantly trying to kill the other factions.
7) When are the Muslims going to stop acting like animals as reflected by kidnapping young girls in Africa.
8) When are Muslims going to stop treating women like they are inferior...no education, no right to drive (good for the Saudies), no right to wear the clothes they want to wear...instead having to drape themselves in ugly cloths.

What the fuk is wrong with the Muslims Hopeless, why are they still living liking its the middle ages...shouldn't they strive to be more like the Jews in Israel where human rights, equal rights, human dignity for all peoples is a given?

Why do you hate Jews so much Hopeless....why not hate your own people more for being backwards...neanderthals living among modern man.

So sad for you...of course you will deflect, won't answer any questions, will tell me something about your living in Montana and how I am a hater....I get it.

it's just the crimes against humanity I have a problem with.

You are such a stupid fuk, you completely ignore the history of the era..what the Muslims are trying to do to the Jews, what they tried to do back when they allied with Hitler...if it were the other way around, the Muslims would have killed every last Jews in Israel given the chance....and you think the Jews are committing crimes against humanity...because some bullshit people say so...you are such a tool...why am I not surprised.
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 27
The Truth about Palestine
Posted: 2/25/2019 2:22:52 PM
pretty good platty!

glad you got that out of your system.
ok... you're right.
I was speaking to you. there is no one else here.
if you need to insult a bunch of folks not here.... ok.
you seem to take yourself pretty seriously.

insults don't Further progress.
resentment is like drinking poison and hoping the other person dies.

1- right to exist. yes. I do agree.
why don't the Muslims agree?
how in the hollyfefencorporated would I know that?
move the goalposts much?
I did mention zeynab bint al harith tho... right?

2- right to defend itself. yes I agree.
assassins killing civilian scientists and their wives...
how many children...
BULLDOZING protesters...

all not covered by the roe or the definition of defense.
why complain? seriously?

3- charter... yada yada
I believe hammas and the plo do call for the destruction of israel. I condemn that.
I also do not lump "all" of a population into their governments trusted sense of what is right.
I don't lump all trump vs Hillary voters into a discriminatory category. that's prejudice.

4- ... wow.
see justinelle's post
read the huff post I linked
btw.. that is akin to saying...
"all jews..." derogatory prerogative.
racist.

5- again. wow.
same as above.

6-unite?
hossenfefercoporated... how should I know?
and ssssssuckerinsucatsh leroy... go get otis
not all jews are the same or united.
when are they gonna get it together?
why is that relevant?
are you worried they might?

7and 8- acting like animals.... treating "their" women...
wow ok...
are all Muslims that way?
abusive animals?
umm

as far as what's wrong with people...
big question mark.
look in the mirror?
clean your own side of the street?
kill em with kindness?

nothing wrong with believing in a faith.
any and all faiths.
not just yours.

I think hating people is wrong.
especially "all" of "those" people.
that's not helping.
kind of the opposite.

the U.N. isn't exactly "bullshit people"
nor is amnesty international.
what's the other one... B'Tselem or something....
sorry.

you are free to think whatever you want.
hatred is so heavy and costly.
I implore you to give it up.

edit to clarify:
it was pork chop sandwiches.
a burger with a porkchop on top
with lofts of mayo and dill pickle slices.
the long way... lol
at the time I asked because I didn't know you're only supposed to eat animals that chew their cud.
 platitude545
Msg: 28
Posted: 2/25/2019 3:19:01 PM

assassins killing civilian scientists and their wives...

Nothing wrong with taking out experts who are helping to build a dooms day bomb Iran threatens to use against Israel is there? I mean we are talking about the life of a few men versus millions of lives.... As for taking out wives... I have no knowledge of that but I assume its possible there has been collateral damage. As for children, other than the rogue Israeli soldier, Israel does not intentionally target children...of course when Hamas and other Palestinians use Children as shields, I guess its possible they get killed...but that is on the Muslims not the jews.

BULLDOZING protesters... yea, one of your many repetitive lies...any proof that Israel intentionally kills protestors...although I would guess some might die unintentionally by being where they shouldn't be....Is Israel responsible for those who choose to commit suicide? Bulldozing is to let terrorists know that there will be consequences to the families if they commit terrorist acts against Israel. I think that is great...I remember years ago, even before the Intifada, that the Arabs learned if they shelled Israel, they would get it back in Spades. I get that antisemites can't stand the thought of Jewish warriors actually defending themselves...but yep...there it is...Jews standing up for themselves. It was about time.

I did mention zeynab bint al harith tho... right?

Of course you did..many times. Of course, who knows if anybody actually tried to poison Mohamed, but I got to tell you, if Mohamed had been poisoned and his religion had died on the Vine, the world would be a much better place than it is....much as Hitler if killed early on would have saved 60 million lives. So really, I don't care if Jews tried to kill Mohamed or not...I'm not responsible for what Jews did over a thousand years or so ago, but at least Mohamed was a real person instead of this fictional man you continue claiming the Jews were responsible for killing....which brings up another point...why do you make these allegations. All they show is you are utterly contemptible...but do you think any Jew in modern times sits around and feels some kind of shame because of what some Jew or Jews did thousands of years ago? Really? Seriously, I laugh at your allegations...to me they simply prove you are the ultimate hater...but sit back and have a toke Hopeless...imagine if you will a world without Muslims. What a glorious world this would be...and you must agree with that if you know anything about Islam.

3- charter... yada yada
I believe hammas and the plo do call for the destruction of israel. I condemn that.
I also do not lump "all" of a population into their governments trusted sense of what is right.
I don't lump all trump vs Hillary voters into a discriminatory category. that's prejudice.

Well we have some area of agreement here...unfortunately the government teaches Palestinian children to hate and thus perpetuate the problems...and the government sanctions and promotes terrorism. didn't the people elect Hamas to be their leaders in Gaza ...look where that got them. Ultimately the people have to bear the consequences of the government they have do they not?

The Huffington Post Article...didn't read.. Huffington post has a number of independent contributors who offer their opinion so it is meaningless to me...but if the Palestinians have a lower quality of life than they could have...whose fault is it other than the Palestinians who have never missed an opportunity to miss an opportunity?

nothing wrong with believing in a faith.
any and all faiths.
not just yours.

How disingenuous can you get...how can you blame the jews for what you repeatedly assert...and yet with the same tongue pretend that you have no problem with any and all faiths....I mean you gave your Jewish Friend a pork sandwich? You have no respect for other faiths and you obviously have a hatred of jews....who apparently attempted to poison your man/God.

the U.N. isn't exactly "bullshit people"
nor is amnesty international.
what's the other one... B'Tselem or something....
sorry.

How Naive you are.......what can I say

you are free to think whatever you want.
hatred is so heavy and costly.
I implore you to give it up

Yes...look what it has done to you. As for me, as KJ once told me on here... I was one of the “blessed”..... long term marriage to a very nice woman...successful business...healthy, happy well adjusted college educated children.. On my dime, what more can a person ask in life? I live the proverbial american dream... I know you hate to think that about me but it is actually fact.

edit to clarify:
it was pork chop sandwiches.
a burger with a porkchop on top
with lofts of mayo and dill pickle slices.
the long way... lol
at the time I asked because I didn't know you're only supposed to eat animals that chew their cud

Well I’m glad you clarified that...nice thing to do to a Jewish Friend...reminds me when Jovan bragged about taking a purported friend of his to a gay bar, or some such thing.
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2019 3:30:55 PM
^^^The last couple of posts are a much impoved exchange of opinions. Much appreciated by those of us interested in understanding both sides.

Gonna have to go with Plat on the Huffington Post article. Got anything less biased, Red?
 justinelle
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 2/25/2019 5:46:08 PM
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee,” German philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche wrote in Beyond Good and Evil.

Nietzsche reflects on the folly of believing good and evil to be opposites, rather than just different expressions of the same impulses. What an apt metaphor for those that thought repression and Persecution was wicked until they tried it themselves.
 platitude545
Msg: 31
Posted: 2/25/2019 8:41:24 PM
^^^^ gee that is so profound but you see that is why Israel is still around to continue fighting another day. Imagine the difference if the 6000,000 killed in the Holocaust had fought like tigers..a macro Warsaw ghetto rebellion situation. The Holocaust would have been stopped dead in its tracks. The Jews finally learned their lessons. Theirs was not to question why. Theirs was to fight or die...The Charge of the light Brigade, as modified.
 justinelle
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2019 4:41:08 AM
You obviously either did not read it, just assumed what it said, or on the other hand failed to understand it, either way you answer suggest that maybe you were not interested, just interested in getting your own point of view over at the expense of a wider more critical way of seeing things.

Nietzsche reflects on the folly of believing good and evil to be opposites, rather than just different expressions of the same impulses.

What an apt metaphor for those that thought Repression and Persecution was wicked, until they tried it themselves!

This obviously applies to individuals, trbes, states and nations.
 platitude545
Msg: 33
Posted: 2/26/2019 5:05:23 AM
Let me repeat, very profound, but irrelevant to the facts on the ground. You don't get to quote a nonsensical statement under the circumstances and demand that we accept it as some sort of profound truth regarding Israel's absolute and fundamental right to self defense in an area of the world they are surrounded by Muslim hoards who want them dead.
 platitude545
Msg: 34
Posted: 2/26/2019 8:14:14 AM
Conflicts between nations—or any other groups of fallible humans—are rarely black and white. The conflict between Israel and the Palestinians is no exception. Israeli society has produced some ugly extremists, while the Palestinians can count among their ranks many heroes of humanity. Yet just because there are good and bad people on both sides of a conflict doesn’t mean that each side is equally to blame. There can be no peace without justice. And as any judge in any court of law would attest, there can be no justice without first placing blame.

As a general rule, most Israelis have viewed their conflict with the Palestinians as one between two peoples with valid claims to the same piece of land. They have thus repeatedly offered to end the conflict by sharing this land with the Palestinians. Yes, many Israelis reject such compromise. And yes, these hard-liners have occasionally won some battles. But Israel’s moderates have won almost every war.

The Palestinians, on the other hand, have consistently insisted that there is only one valid claim to the land: their own. They have repeatedly refused Israeli offers to share the land. Yes, there are certainly Palestinian moderates. And yes, on occasion these moderates have proclaimed their willingness to pursue peace. But they have never risked the wrath of their extremists by actually signing on the dotted line. Thus far, Palestinian rejectionists have won every war. 

This pattern of Jewish/Israeli peace offers met by Arab/Palestinian rejection began before there even was a State of Israel, and it has continued down to the present day. Palestinian rejectionism birthed this conflict. And Palestinian rejectionism has been the powerful engine driving this conflict forward ever since.

It’s possible to pinpoint five critical junctures in the history of the conflict that illustrate this point. On five occasions, the Jews/ Israelis officially offered to split the land with the Arabs/Palestinians—first in 1937, then 1947, then 1967, then 2000, and most recently in 2008.

And on each of these five occasions the Arabs/Palestinians rejected the offer. More than any other factor, these “five no’s” explain why this conflict—and Palestinian statelessness—persists to this very day. Almost every time the Arabs rejected these compromises, innocent people—both Jews and Arabs—paid the price with their homes, their limbs, and their lives. We rarely see the Jewish victims of Palestinian rejectionism. The large majority of them were murdered before the birth of the State of Israel. The eight hundred thousand Jews forced from their homes in Arab countries between 1947 and 1967 have long ago been resettled. And Israel tends not to parade her mangled survivors of war and terror before television cameras.

In stark contrast, we are constantly bombarded with stories about the Palestinian victims of Palestinian rejectionism. Over time, such headlines trump history. Most casual observers see Israeli troops patrol- ling Palestinian towns and they chastise Israel for “occupying” them. They see Israel’s security fence cutting through the countryside and they condemn Israel for building it. They see Palestinian civilians suffering from war and they blame Israel for harming them.

The reporting about Israel’s conflict with the Palestinians is not only missing context; it’s often missing one of its two protagonists. The Palestinians are increasingly portrayed as a uniquely passive people. Their history of aggression, terror, and rejectionism is downplayed or simply ignored. As a result, Israel’s defensive measures—and Israel’s very presence in the West Bank—appear in stark relief as inexplicable persecutions. With its opponent written out of the scene, all we see is an angry Israel shadowboxing with itself.

But the Palestinians are real people. They do act in the world. And their actions have sparked and perpetuated a conflict that need never have been. Once we return the Palestinians to history in all of their complexity, we realize that Israelis are not the villains their detractors would have us believe. Israel has behaved reasonably, even admirably, under the most difficult of circumstances.

Nobel Peace Prize winner and Holocaust survivor Elie Wiesel summed it up best. When asked about Palestinian suffering, he acknowledged it. He agreed that the Palestinians have every right to be angry. But, he added, they shouldn’t be angry at Israel. The Palestinians should be angry at their grandparents, who turned down the offer of a Palestinian state back in 1947. And—to update Wiesel’s formula—they should also be angry at their parents, who have continued to reject similar Israeli offers down to the present day.

This article was adapted from David Brog’s new book Reclaiming Israel's History: Roots, Rights, and the Struggle for Peace, in bookstores now.
 platitude545
Msg: 35
Posted: 2/26/2019 8:20:25 AM
Like I said...the leftist antisemites are very selective about who they hate. Its always the Jews...all of the atrocities of muslims on muslims or muslims on non-muslims are ignored.

https://forward.com/opinion/400384/the-left-only-cares-about-palestinians-when-it-can-blame-israel/

For the past two weeks, horrifying images of Palestinians being murdered have surfaced on social media. Jets have dropped bombs, sending flames and black smoke into the air, followed by helicopters dropping improvised and unguided barrel bombs. On the ground, in the besieged Palestinian camp, buildings collapsed burying civilians alive underneath them.

Those who have attempted to flee the camp have been arrested. No food or medicine has been allowed into the camp since July 2013. About 200 residents have starved to death or died due to lack of medicine. The airstrikes and shelling have not stopped for two weeks, preventing rescuers from retrieving the rotting corpses.

And yet, despite these horrors, no significant protests took place anywhere in the West or Arab world. The traditional champions of the Palestinian cause — those same people who have protested Israeli attacks on Gaza — have remained silent as the Palestinian Yarmouk refugee camp near Damascus in Syria was shelled by Russian and Syrian air forces, while militias loyal to the Assad regime enforced a brutal siege.

The silence surrounding the brutalization of an entire Palestinian population exposes something few have spoken about: that pro-Palestinian sentiment is often just anti-Israel or anti-American sentiment dressed up in disguise. And when it comes to Syria’s starving, dying Palestinian population, the pro-Palestine left is nowhere to be seen.

It’s a glaring double-standard: When Palestinians in Gaza endure Israeli airstrikes and a decade-long blockade, their suffering galvanizes mass protests in Western capitals. When Palestinians in Syria and Syrians are being bombed and starved, the anti-Imperialist Left either goes silent, or even worse, stands on the side of the oppressor.

“There are no ‘Pro-Palestine’ people. They don’t exist,” a Palestinian Syrian from Daraa, whose family was displaced from Haifa during the 1948 war, told me. “We Palestinians of Syria have been killed, tortured, bombed, and displaced by the Assad regime and we’ve had no support from the so-called ‘pro-Palestine activists’ whatsoever,” he said. “We happen to be the wrong Palestinians!”

The Left Only Cares About Palestinians When It Can Blame Israel by the Forward
How Israel Won Over The Syrian People
Elizabeth TsurkovApril 19, 2018
The civil war in Syria decimated the Syrian-Palestinian community. The Assad regime and allied militias destroyed most of the Palestinian refugee camps in the country and laid siege to several of them. According to statistics compiled by the Action Group for Palestinians of Syria, at least 3,708 Palestinians have been killed throughout the war, and 1,673 are held in Assad regime detention facilities. 477 Palestinian-Syrians have been tortured to death in those facilities since 2011.

And yet, somehow, neither these statistics, nor the shocking images of emaciated Palestinians in the Yarmouk camp, led to mass mobilization of the Western “pro-Palestine” Left.

The end of the siege of the Yarmouk camp is close at hand. In April, the Syrian Army and allied militias launched an assault on the Yarmouk camp, now under the control of ISIS, utilizing indiscriminate weapons such as barrel bombs thrown out of helicopters and surface-to-surface “elephant” rockets. The operation has caused massive destruction to civilian homes and infrastructure and destroyed the last functioning hospital in the camp.

The regime continues to restrict the entry of aid into Babila, the nearby rebel-held town to which civilians from Yarmouk previously fled. Palestinians who fled to Babila are thus forced to sleep in the streets and beg for medicine from residents of a town that has been under a partial regime blockade for years.

The Left Only Cares About Palestinians When It Can Blame Israel by the Forward
Getty Images

Men walk past destroyed buildings in the Yarmouk Palestinian refugee camp in the Syrian capital Damascus on April 6, 2015.

Why is the “Pro-Palestine” Left silent about this? How did the anti-imperialist and anti-war Left lose so much of its credibility in Syria?

Worse, it has aligned itself with Russia. The leader of the U.S. Green Party, Jill Stein, for example, attended a conference in Moscow organized by Russia Today and has adopted conspiracy theories about the war in Syria and the Russian invasion of the Ukraine.

Read more: https://forward.com/opinion/400384/the-left-only-cares-about-palestinians-when-it-can-blame-israel/
 justinelle
Msg: 36
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2019 2:46:13 PM
Israel concealing 300,000 documents about Palestinian massacres Israeli Jewish journalist Asaf Shalev said.“There were many people who were concerned about the opening of this catalog,” Israel’s “State Archivist” Yaacov Lozowick was quoted by the website as saying in a statement accompanying the release.

Kafr Qasim massacre
Issachar “Yiska” Shadmi — the highest ranking official prosecuted for the massacre — stated, shortly before his death, that the curfew and the massacre were planned as phases within an operation to ethnically cleanse Israeli Arabs from the region, and that his trial was staged to protect Israeli political and military elite, including Prime Minister Ben Gurion, from taking responsibility for the massacre

Deir Yassin massacre took place on April 9, 1948, when around 120 fighters from the Zionist paramilitary groups Irgun and Lehi attacked Deir Yassin, a Palestinian Arab village of roughly 600 people near Jerusalem. According to Irgun sources, During and after the battle for the village, at least 107 Palestinians were killed, including women and children—some were shot, while others died when hand grenades were thrown into their homes. Despite an original boast by the victors that 254 had been killed, Aref al-Aref counted 117 victims, 7 in combat and the rest in their homes.

The Deir Yassin massacre, which was carried out on April 9, 1948, was led by the Irgun militia group, whose head was future Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin, with support from fellow Zionist militiamen affiliated with Haganah and Lehi groups.

According to the report, the massacre was one of the first in what would become a long line of attacks in a number of Palestinian villages, part of a broader strategy called Plan Dalet by Zionist groups to scare Palestinians in the hope that the terror would lead to an Arab exodus of around 750,000 Palestinians.
 platitude545
Msg: 37
Posted: 2/26/2019 2:50:42 PM
^^^ of course...since they are "concealed", and nobody therefore knows how many are concealed...why only 300,000 documents? That's nothing...I believe we should estimate at least ten times that amount...that's a lot more secrets that nobody knows about :-)

You never did explain why "preemption" was bad when you tried to differentiate from defense...have you had time to think about it yet Justinelli so you can explain...cause I got to tell you... I still think preemption is a good thing....didn't they they ever teach you in England that the best defense is a good offense?

What I don't understand is where all these killer Israelis were during the holocaust....I sure hope they were behind German lines killing as many of them as they could....and God Bless Prime Minister Begin, only he, with his status as a Jewish Warrior who took no grief from the British, could pull off a peace deal with Egypt that has stood to this day.
 Inicia
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2019 6:12:48 PM
there is a ton of pro-israel propaganda.. and using our human brains critically rather than borrowing programed prejudice is a gift!??
 justinelle
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2019 8:58:41 AM
The point was that to encourage three quarters of a million indigenous people to leave the application of sheer terror was required, like what ISIS does now but they are apparently bad people but maybe in the future they will also be regarded as saviours.

Terror is a great practice used often in South America but the USA and am looking forward to the massacres in Venezuela and hope their appointed puppet matched the wonderful Pinochet regime. Terror, massacres are just tools states utilise to encourage the marginalised to either leave, comply, or die. So it seems the USA is not alone in trying to exterminate the indigenous population and the million that have died thanks to US policies which were directly responsible for about 10 to 15 million deaths during the Korean and Vietnam Wars and the two Iraq Wars. 14 million deaths in Afghanistan, Angola, Democratic Republic of the Congo, East Timor, Guatemala, Indonesia, Pakistan and Sudan.

But as not American the political and corporate elites are allowed to use the military to mass murder a lower form of human life, so its OK its acceptable and something they are no alone in being proud of. They deserved it…… and anyway the Germans during WWII "chose not to know." And that is how people also feel about tit today We cannot allow history to say this about our country.

"How many September 11ths has the United States caused in other nations since WWII?" The answer is: possibly 10,000. How many victim nations 37 and soon Venezuela and then Cuba. After making sure the world will just stand by and say nothing its onto IRAN and then mess with China. So the future for more dead deserving humans seem good.
 platitude545
Msg: 40
Posted: 2/27/2019 10:20:55 AM
The old Jovan ploy....go back to the 48 war and castigate those mean holocaust survivors from not being nice to the Palestinians, outnumbering them 50-1 or more, who were trying to kill them. Boo-hoo.

Inicia, you don't think there is an overwhelming amount of anti Israel propaganda? Is that what you are suggesting?
 platitude545
Msg: 41
Posted: 2/27/2019 11:22:12 AM
Those poor Palestinians....meanie jews:

On May 15, 1948, the day the British Mandate over Palestine ended, the armies of five neighboring Arab states invaded the new State of Israel, which had declared its independence the previous day. The invasion, heralded by an Egyptian air attack on Tel Aviv, was vigorously resisted. From the north, east and south came the armies of Lebanon, Syria, Iraq, Transjordan, and Egypt.

The invading forces were fully equipped with the standard weapons of a regular army of the time - artillery, tanks, armored cars and personnel carriers, in addition to machine guns, mortars and the usual small arms in great quantities, and full supplies of ammunition, oil, and gasoline. Further, Egypt, Iraq, and Syria had air forces. As sovereign states, they had no difficulty (as had the pre-state Jewish defense force) in securing whatever armaments they needed through normal channels from Britain and other friendly powers.

In contrast, the Jews had no matching artillery, no tanks, and no warplanes in the first days of the war. Some supplies of these weapons arrived in the days that followed, however, and turned the tide. Little more than small arms - in paucity- had been available to the Haganah which on May 28, 1948, was to merge with other Jewish defense groups to form the Israel Defense Forces. Two Jewish defense forces, the Irgun Zeva'i Le'ummi and the Lohamei Herut Israel agreed to cease their independent activities, (except in Jerusalem) and to absorb their members into the newly founded IDF.

Invaded from all directions, Israel had to cope with the outbreak of a thousand fires, and to do so with limited means. Numerous settlement outposts in the Galilee and the Negev were isolated, open on all sides to Arab attack, and had to rely on their own perseverance and meager armories to stave off defeat. The hastily mobilized army had to engage in offensive action to remove the enemy from key positions, block the advance of their columns, and rush to seal gaps in Israel's defenses.

Sources:
IDF. Map The Pedagogic Center, The Department for Jewish Zionist Education, The Jewish Agency for Israel, (c) 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, Director: Dr. Motti Friedman, Webmaster: Esther
 Inicia
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2019 1:39:55 PM
1948???=2019??? 71yrs??? israel= a state arab=a people( Further, Egypt, Iraq, and Syria )
 platitude545
Msg: 43
Posted: 2/27/2019 5:29:22 PM
Sorry...I have no idea of what you are trying to imply, other than the obvious, Israel = country, arabs = people.
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 44
Posted: 2/27/2019 5:39:22 PM
maybe that...

it's wrong to classify "all" of a group....
because of the actions of a few?

not all arabs/Muslims are "abusive animals" period.
your words.

edit*
care to clarify the "animals" comment
with the yiddish translation?

or maybe you don't want to talk about that either...

that MAY be more than a coincidence.....

you remind me of a dog that wants to sit directly on your foot...
while you're poopin'.

edit again*
so you now acknowledge Jesus got his day in court but lost.
wow. good job.

platitude545
Msg: 45
Posted: 2/27/2019 5:55:38 PM
"""it's wrong to classify "all" of a group....
because of the actions of a few?"""

And yet you have no problem demonizing all Jews in perpetuity, justifying antisemitism, based on your accusation a jew tried to poison Mohammed and are responsible for the death of jesus (though not sure how somebody can be considered dead if he is God or arose again three days later).

You mean muslims who kidnap little girls in the name of religion are not animals? And there are a limitless number of other examples..where is the outcry? Why do these animals get a free pass? At least jesus was given due process rights...the girls were and remain victims.
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2019 6:18:14 PM
^"the death of jesus (though not sure how somebody can be considered dead if he is God or arose again three days later)."

Physical body....physical death.

Happy to help. :)

And Jesus was given due process? By whom?
 platitude545
Msg: 47
Posted: 2/27/2019 6:42:12 PM
Didn't a tribunal rule on his death? = due process.

Physical body that is resurrected is dead? and how can God die, by the way..
The father, son and the holy ghost all God? Isn't that polytheism?
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2019 7:02:04 PM
Tribunal?

Would that be the Sanhedrin? :)

"For Christ died once for all time for sins, a righteous person for unrighteous ones, in order to lead you to God. He was put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit."

Peter 3:18
 Inicia
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2019 7:07:57 PM
My father's house has many room Where I am going you may not follow We each have a light into truth within us if you do not know the way follow me I will know you by the love of your Brethren You will claim me in front of my father and I will surely say I do not know The . Forgive them father for they know not what they do ,I come not as a piece kepar but a sword, We have been weighed measured and judged
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Posted: 2/27/2019 7:20:09 PM
^Who do you think are His "Brethren"?

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The Truth about Palestine