Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Dating Etiquette of 21 century "ADULTS"      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 226
view profile
History
Dating Etiquette of 21 century ADULTSPage 10 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
^You go from "women should insist on paying for themselves" to women should pay for the date lest they exhibit a lack of imagination?

Again....can you figure out why you are single? :)
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 227
view profile
History
Dating Etiquette of 21 century ADULTS
Posted: 3/8/2019 8:04:36 AM
^^^ I am single because I don’t desire to be in a long-term relationship right now. Thankfully I’ve never run into any entitled women who believe that a man should always pay or that it’s a sin to split the bill. I’ve only run into poliite women. If you believe whoever asks pays, then it’s best to take turns paying. If you can’t imagine a woman asking a man out first and paying for him, and then he returns the favour the next time, you do lack imagination.
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 228
view profile
History
Posted: 3/8/2019 6:09:06 PM
^I am single because I don’t desire to be in a long-term relationship right now.

Who you trying to convince....me or you? ;)

"If you can’t imagine a woman asking a man out first and paying for him, and then he returns the favour the next time, you do lack imagination."

It's within the realm of possibilities but not the norm and one dependent variable would be motiational level.
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 229
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2019 9:15:58 AM
Please.....let this thread die.
 Inicia
Msg: 230
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2019 9:55:30 AM
??why there are active threads from 2017???
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 231
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2019 10:14:55 AM

It's within the realm of possibilities but not the norm and one dependent variable would be motiational level.

How do you know for sure that it’s not the norm? Do you have any statistics? I bet it’s more common than you think. A lot of women on this forum have said that they asked men out first. I’ve been asked out by women. Even if it’s not that common, it doesn’t mean that there’s something wrong with it.
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 232
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2019 10:45:38 AM

??why there are active threads from 2017???

Because it got so poisonous in places and I am ashamed to have been part of it.
 ontheotherhand
Msg: 233
view profile
History
Posted: 3/10/2019 11:17:43 AM
Shirley, it's ok to be ashamed. Just keep moving forward.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 234
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2019 10:57:05 AM

These are normal regular costs whether dating or not.

I 100% agree. The worst argument in favor of a guy Having to pay for all standard dates is that a gal has to doll herself up. For the most part, a gal is going to be just as dolled-up as meeting up with gal-pals. If that sad argument were Actually the case, guys wouldn't be expected to pay for many, many dates ("Oh no, let's split this; I came here from work; I was already dolled up"; "No Jimmy, let me pay for this; I'm in my lazy-Sunday outfit, and you're all dressed up").

Boy meets girl...they like each other...he pays cause he wants to show her how much he likes her.

Ehhhh -- no, that's not why he's paying. He's paying because he'd likely hit a dead end if he didn't + it's seen as rude even if he wasn't That into her. Not every date is a guy Chasing a girl down to land one -- we all know that. Guys & gals are in equal position to convey their like (or lack thereof) toward the other. The guy pays because it's a social rule spawned from the time when women couldn't pay anyway (even though more women go to college than guys now and are financially independent by default).

And then she pays for something else or does something nice back to show him she likes him.

Standard ops aren't that she pays for an outing, although it is pretty mainstream *IF* they do end up starting to couple-up, she'll buy him something or do something (but don't Expect it as a guy on the level that a gal Expects a guy to pay for virtually all outings).

This goes back and forth for a while until they decide to be a couple and then they eventually ride off into the sunset and live happily ever after.

Generally speaking, a gal's not paying for jack-squat if they aren't on the cusp of becoming a couple. :)

Again....can you figure out why you are single? :)

I haven't seen him complaining that he's single. And since when is being single anything negative? It's a classic "Because Aunt Betty Said So" mentality some folks have that not being in an LTR is lacking something virtuous. We're not living in the stone age for survival & breeding. Being single Can be a negative experience, and being in an LTR sure-as-heck can be a negative as well. I would say where one is objectively Lacking is where, assuming they have a sexual-attraction, they aren't partaking in even the dating scene on any level at all over too-long a time.
 Inicia
Msg: 235
view profile
History
Posted: 3/11/2019 6:15:32 PM
^^while my attitude clearly affrontive and confusing to many (both female counterparts as well, as men i date)choosing to pay for myself, or the whole outing, being the one to assert interest or take responsibility for instigating a date or relationship-being single is not a huge "L" on my forehead or anyone else. I know of many single or divorced people who view it as a mission to find "the one"- to put rings on and they don't seem to be happy, it seems to be laborious and desperate, as well as hopeless to them
btw NG no leg shaving, pedicures or other clean up happens for my gal pals.. lol
SIS rarely does anyone go back to read the old post they just jump in. so no worries
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 236
view profile
History
Posted: 3/13/2019 9:37:02 AM
^^^lol Inicia.
Doesn't seem like you're too concerned about impressing the MAN... lol
Surprising...I will read the whole thread before I jump in. Not only me? Surely? No pun intended.
 Inicia
Msg: 237
view profile
History
Posted: 3/16/2019 4:14:02 PM
sometimes if really confused by a forum that the title drew me in may go back read a bit if i haven't been following- there surely(lol) are others that read all the forum posts-i have in the past or if there are only a few pages i will
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Dating Etiquette of 21 century "ADULTS"