Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Would you rather I lied about it?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Would you rather I lied about it?Page 2 of 2    (1, 2)
few adults live a lifestyle they are not comfortable with or haven't chosen on their own.

someone might do drugs b/c they like it. or they have a medical condition that needs cannibis.

just b/c someone likes where they are in life, doesn't mean i have to. but i damn well appreciate it when they don't lie about it or cover it up. i am not obligated to give them a chance just b/c they're honest, but i'll bet they've found someone in life at some time that overlooked what i would not.
 Inicia
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Would you rather I lied about it?
Posted: 2/16/2019 6:51:10 PM
We all do what we find best/most productive for ourselves- the wallet in my pants is the only concern i have in that area and the security of my environment- i might be more satisfied, if i wasn't weeding out- joining the happy pants brigade. ..
overlooked?? i prefer embracing and embraces
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2019 10:26:23 PM
I don't lie but I don't spout out my life story in a couple of meet sessions either. The biggies can wait and evolve or never appear during the process of getting to know one another. By biggies, I mean parts of your past that you may feel are none of his/her business. Lies by omission? Different scenario. I guess it would depend on what they were and if they were deal breakers for you.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2019 3:38:52 PM

I talked to a guy and find out that he does drugs. I tell him that this is not what I am looking for in a guy and hear in return "but at least I am honest about it."

Okay, what's wrong with him saying that? I'd reply "That is not what flows with me in the dating field, but you what you say is very true, and thank you for that. I wish you the best."

I find out that a guy still lives with his ex and he tells me "would you rather I lied to you about it?" Huh? lol

That's a bit different. What did you say in response that made Him say that though? :) It sounds like you went off on him negatively. If you did, that's not a bad response on his part.

A guy tells me about his criminal history before the meeting. I reject him. He asks me if I would rather not know about it? He proclaims to be too honest about this.

Again, you can tell him that you do appreciate him telling you before meeting, and that you are glad you do know, but you can say in response: "Would you rather meet me, not being interested during or after? Especially if you pick up the tab? I am glad you told me, but with that said, you wouldn't want meet me either as I am not going to be interested."

Although my advice to that guy would be to only tell a gal until you got to the point of starting to see each other. The other person is going to be more apt to accept it. Sounds bad, but there are many situations where "If you would have told me that before I met you, I never would have gone out with you - lol," where they do work out just fine. It's a tricky situation though.
 Inicia
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2019 4:51:31 PM
^^ "Sounds bad, but there are many situations where "If you would have told me that before I met you, I never would have gone out with you - lol," where they do work out just fine. It's a tricky situation though." NG this is great advice in the past i posted every negative aspect of myself exposing every deal breaker yeap that really astute grifter knew exactly how to work. the low hanging fruit gets plucked
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 2/19/2019 5:56:36 PM

the low hanging fruit gets plucked

And something else that rhymes with plucked. But in a good way! :)
 Inicia
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2019 4:12:53 PM
depends lol whether it is joint endeavor(dast is gut/Das gefällt mir) or "over" which isn't pleasant in any rhyme or reason. lol
 manworthadamn
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2019 6:55:05 PM
We all lie about something: pushing things out of your life that you don't think define you will lead to 'creative omissions' that manifest themselves in different ways eventually. I've dated multiple women with "daddy issues" and exactly "zero" that shared that nugget with me at the outset. All in all, I find that I was better off for not having known the details of that relationship; how qualified am I really to judge them?

As for prospects on here, we have to keep a sense of proportionality about us: I never trust people who air their dirty laundry. Typically it happens for one of two reasons: they either want their dirty laundry to be 'normalized' or they don't know it's dirty: neither is terribly attractive.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Would you rather I lied about it?