Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Jussie Smollett reports MAGA attack - What happened?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Jussie Smollett reports MAGA attack - What happened?Page 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

If the police find Jussie made a false hate crime report....should he be charged with a hate crime?

No - because a false report of an assault is not in the same crime category as an actual physical attack. If he does not directly identify his attacker - just gives a description - then he is not accusing anyone directly of a crime -- it's up to the police to decide to do that. If he specifically names someone falsely, then he can be sued for slander or libel some other legal version of character assassination.

I DO wish, however, that punishments for false accusations had a little more teeth behind them. I'm so glad I'm done with college - because the behavioral 'standards' a lot of campuses carry nowadays - eject students instantly with an accusation, provable or not, and doesn't reinstate them without a lengthy, costly, legal rigamaroll.

In the age of "Me Too" I'm extremely glad women feel empowered to speak up - but the ability to do so does not mean you should go looking for a fight to exercise that right. No more than anyone getting a gun license should look to shoot people. There are a lot of moronic people out there that reason if you want laws to work, you gotta force the issue and prove it. Personally, I'd prefer dropping the anonymous tip on the azzhat neighbor and let the cops come over and see the crack house for themselves.
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Jussie Smollett reports MAGA attack - What happened?
Posted: 2/13/2019 6:28:02 PM
I disagree.

I believe false accusations whether targeted toward a specific individual or a group, in general, have the potential to cause great harm and should hold consequences relative to the crime they allege.
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2019 11:46:40 PM
new details emerge...

he got hit in the face at a club before the
Maga !!! attack.

gave heavily edited and redacted phone records
to police.

I also watched his interview.
one of the first words that jumped out....

"if".

he said. if I tell the truth...

why would someone NOT tell the truth?

and I think at the very least he is obstructing by refusing access to the phone evidence which might by the way hp catch the "batterers"

and if he made up this whole thing?
hang him for treason.
just kidding

obstruction
false report
inciting
fraud!!!

and I hope the da has the nuts to do it.
what a waste of resources.

and if I'm wrong...
"I swear to god ill fucking apologize"
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2019 1:14:49 AM
that's a "true romance" movie quote btw....
skootchie would have caught that.

because he too knows what it's like to want a glass of water.

platitude545
Msg: 30
Posted: 2/14/2019 5:52:10 AM
Amazing how something so innocuous brings out the racists
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2019 7:40:12 AM
I'm guessing if it is a view you support, no matter how damaging, anyone making that kind of a remark will be classified as a 'joke' or anything OTHER than an attack or character assassination.

You can't set 'rules' about arbitrary events one way to get what you want, and not get burned when the pendulum swings back. I agree with the previous post - people use little one-time events to justify their racism or paranoia - like the exception proves the rule. One sub-zero cold day does not disprove global warming numbers from the last 1000 years.
 platitude545
Msg: 32
Posted: 2/14/2019 9:12:29 AM
^^^^ it is more than a coincidence that all of the strong Trump supporters are the ones who made so much about this incident....and of course we all know why. But not only will they never admit it, I'm not sure they all realize it.
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2019 4:48:37 PM
uh oh.....
https://www.google.com/amp/s/abc7chicago.com/amp/sources-smollett-staged-attack-with-help-of-others-allegedly-being-written-off-empire/5138497/

ABC in Chicago just posted a story about this being staged.
still too soon to tell, but one of the two people in the grainy photo...
also works on the show empire!

sad if true.

I think he should face some major jail time if he staged this.

if staged: would his fake claims themselves be racist?
I think so.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2019 5:08:21 PM
Filing a false police report is a Class 4 Felony in Illinois, with Prison time of 1 to 3 years and up to $25,000 fine.
Kind of wonder what people consider 'Serious' jail time.

In Illinois defamation cases, the plaintiff must prove that the statement was made to a third party and that the defendant caused damage to the plaintiff’s reputation. Also, to win, the plaintiff must, at the very least, prove that the defendant was negligent or acted with actual malice.

If there is no specific defendant identified, there is no defamation.
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2019 6:31:01 PM
defimation? huh?

I was thinking more along the lines of
art.17 subd. 10. ......8.1 I think....

organizing a conspiracy to commit fraud on a government entity.
class x felony is 30 years and 25 grand.

maybe they have a hate crime enhancement?
or they will just add 3-5 on the top as a separate crime?

how much time is a fair amount?
I think we might find out...
 platitude545
Msg: 36
Posted: 2/14/2019 7:21:33 PM
Danimal, the standard for defamation depends on the defamor and the defamed and the subject. Public figures have a much higher threshold to prove defamation than private individuals, accuse somebody of say having a loathsome disease and standard is very low...defamation per-se, negligence has nothing to do with it and truth in some states is not always an absolute defense. Just sayin. For our purposes, defamation is a false statement of fact you say about somebody else. The issue is not whether you knew or should have known it was false, which shows malice or negligence but simply whether the statement was false and defamatory..more or less.
 platitude545
Msg: 37
Posted: 2/15/2019 11:11:40 AM
Bad news for the racists...two people arrested....stay tuned.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2019 11:26:07 AM

For our purposes, defamation is a false statement of fact you say about somebody else.

Who is 'Somebody'? That is the issue. Claiming an attacker wore a Dodger's cap is not a defamation against the baseball team.

Google MAGA. There are a few dozen definitions for it. Trump's 2016 election slogan is getting copied by so many unlicensed gold diggers trying to make a buck it's nearly impossible to pin it to one individual organization. Anyone can buy a red hat.

People who get 'offended' by anyone who slights this organization are probably just as stupid to qualify any Muslim they meet as a terrorist and not a religion. It's a grandiose assumption. People need to be less easily offended, and less easily lured into believing such stupid assumptions. Any clever crook making a planned attack they want to get away with - is going to want to bait people into believing someone else did it.
 platitude545
Msg: 39
Posted: 2/15/2019 11:38:17 AM
^^^^ defamation has nothing to do with offensive comments, so not sure what you are talking about. But in answer to your question, the "somebody" is the person you defamed....what the heck do maga hats have to do with this?
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2019 12:35:48 PM
why does being sceptical of this story make one a racist?
it doesnt.
is Ben Shapiro a racist?
no, he's a conservative jew.
are all the black people who are sceptical racist too?
no. they just have a different opinion...

why a bad day for racists? wtf?
they found the people of interest.... good.
turns out they are black... but it's still a good thing.
sorry it doesn't seem to fit the " narrative".

I hope the facts can be released soon.

Ben did a pod cast today, I believe.
"and jussie for all"

the first few minutes are a great explanation of how many people feel.

is it racist to vilify ALL white people?
fvck yes it is...

crying wolf all the time is a travesty of justice for real victims.
labeling everyone a racist just dilutes the real meaning of the word.
like calling everyone who disagrees with you stupid.
pretty soon you're playing by yourself. no one wants toxic, unbalanced, lying, paranoid people in their lives.

daminal.... I'm not sure why you bring defamation up.
did trump threaten to sue? that would actually be funny.

nice that platy put it in writing that she is completely aware of her actions here and expressly understands what she's doing. might come in handy if someone brought it up in the right... context.
 platitude545
Msg: 41
Posted: 2/16/2019 7:18:44 AM
Hopeless...you are threatening me now? Feel free to take your best shot....your slander of my religion makes you one of the epic pieces of crap who post on this board. Fuk you dirtbag. Maybe you can join forces with the other epic antisemites...jovan and cotter. I look forward to it.
 N2U18
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2019 12:01:24 PM
Body Language expert reviews part of the Jussie Smollett interview on ABC

https://bombardsbodylanguage.com/2019/02/15/body-language-jussie-smollett-attack/
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2019 3:55:04 PM
Bombards Body Language is a conservative web site that makes fun of anyone that is not. It's just a blogger making fun of people - there is no science or credentials behind what she does on that site.

Note: All comments in my videos are strictly my opinion.

This disclaimer means she is not trying to base anything off of real science, because if she DID claim anything was legit, she would be held liable for that claim.

From her 'About Me' page:

I get asked a lot about credentials. There is no ‘Body Language Degree’. As the world is so polarized, I prefer to keep my personal details to a minimum. I am not looking to become famous. With all the threats these days against certain peoples, it is better this way as I have my family to consider and they are my first priority.

Threats against 'Certain Peoples'?!? What the hell does that mean?
"I am not looking to become famous." -- Noooooo of course not. Her public web site is kept loaded with fresh commentary on current events almost daily because she is providing a public service out of the good of her heart. <--- That was SARCASM.

Nothing says 'Legit' like someone hiding behind an internet persona. <--- That was SARCASM too.

I get a kick out of how she critiques someone on the left in the split -screen talking heads view on Fox News - when the host on the right is doing the EXACT same ticks and body movements. THAT is entertainment.
Why, Jussie - WHYYY?
Posted: 2/16/2019 6:31:51 PM
This whole thing was a simple misunderstanding.

The "alleged assailants" screamed "This is Quiznos Country" and attempted to throw an "unidentified liquid" on Jussie's sandwich in order to render it inedible.

Jussie wasn't having it and heroically defended the honor of his Subway sandwich ensuring it survived the "alleged assault" intact, as later shown by him triumphantly carrying it past the security guard and cameras in his apt. building's lobby.
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Why, Jussie - WHYYY?
Posted: 2/16/2019 8:41:16 PM
I think the salad also made it through... unruffled.

you would think they would've tossed it....

my bad, that's so insensitive.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Why, Jussie - WHYYY?
Posted: 2/16/2019 11:33:10 PM
For the record, I find Jusse's story a bit hard to believe too. Actors want attention, and some of them are wired in really odd ways to get it. I remember years ago Anne Heche was being interviewed by Barbara Walters and went off on tangents about how she invented her own gibberish language as a kid. A laughable eye-roller.

What Jusse reported to the police is a matter of record, including that he switched up his story after the original report.
There is a real difference between what was part of the police record and some of the posts in here giving opinions as 'facts' or 'evidence' that for the most part are weakly disguising their closet hatreds. I see memes in Facebook and other places that have no business being claimed as real, when their falseness can be proven with a single Google search. During the last election cycle it was like dodging fence posts in a tornado.

You can despise gays or blacks or liberals or actors all you want -- just don't pretend that it is because of some single event that proves it's a rule to hate them. This is not the Supreme Court handing down an opinion - it's your own bias.
Why, Jussie - WHYYY?
Posted: 2/17/2019 7:18:12 AM
Good for you, Danimal, that you have the super power to detect people who "despise gays or blacks or liberals or actors all [they] want," based on some posts in this thread. We all wait with bated breath for your favorable judgment of our deepest thoughts and beliefs. Go read all the forums on sites geared to Blacks that have had doubtful posts from the beginning and use your super powers there and take your schoolmarm sermons with you.

For the record, I despise people who use racial tension to manipulate the sentiments of others in a manner which is favorable to them, regardless of their motivation. I could care less that Jussie is Black, Jewish, Gay, an Actor, likes Subway and may have done this [Note to all you haters that think I am concluding definitively this attack was a fabrication, I have always said "may" - try not to twist my words for your own skewed purposes] for self promotion and/or to sell tickets to an upcoming concert in LA. This act is equally as reprehensible as the claims of Sherri Papini (a white woman) that she was abducted by 2 Hispanic women who cut her hair. Sherri's abduction investigation just withered away, due to a lack of leads.

https://www.newsweek.com/sherri-papini-1-year-later-cops-say-details-dont-line-california-moms-700262

Jussie's mistake was in enlisting (and paying - reportedly $3500, $500 on return to USA, kinda cheap to commit a felony, don'tcha think?) others, because there is no honor among thieves, so he should have hit himself in the face with a brick, perhaps. The problem is, he picked an area teaming with CCTV and the police have always known who was in the tightly defined area at the time of the attack, they were just waiting for them to return to the USA.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/02/16/sources-brothers-released-bought-rope-used-in-jussie-smollett-attack/

Smollett’s attorneys, Todd S. Pugh and Victor P. Henderson, released a statement Saturday 16 Feb about the latest allegations.

“As a victim of a hate crime who has cooperated with the police investigation, Jussie Smollett is angered and devastated by recent reports that the perpetrators are individuals he is familiar with. He has now been further victimized by claims attributed to these alleged perpetrators that Jussie played a role in his own attack. Nothing is further from the truth and anyone claiming otherwise is lying.

“One of these purported suspects was Jussie’s personal trainer who he hired to ready him physically for a music video. It is impossible to believe that this person could have played a role in the crime against Jussie or would falsely claim Jussie’s complicity."

Talk about your Freudian slips, read it again (Jussie is paying for this "advice," remember) -
It is impossible to believe that this person [Jussie's personal trainer, who "attacked" him] ... would falsely claim Jussie’s complicity. - Yes. Yes, that is impossible to believe, isn't it?

In many ways, this Horrifying behavior is unbelievably callous to people who will suffer as a result of the incomprehensible entitlement Jussie seems to expect with respect to attention from the media and CPD. This case has consumed 1000's of hours of law enforcement time. Time which could have been used in local Chicago law enforcement, including cases of domestic violence, rapes, etc. WHAT HAPPENS TO MANY REAL VICTIMS WHO SUFFERED HORRIBLE ACTS OF CRIMINAL BEHAVIOR DURING THE LAST 3 WEEKS?

I will tell you - Those men, women and children are robbed by Jussie of their rightful attention from law enforcement while their cases fall by the wayside, since this highly visible, "kid glove" case takes precedence over child beatings, etc. What a narcissistic, self-centered and astoundingly wrong-minded criminal act of subterfuge was likely committed here.

Don't forget, there is still the matter of a letter sent to the Empire Studios which had the return address "MAGA" and is being investigated by the FBI. Was that part of this charade? MORE resources diverted, if so. It seems obvious why Jussie ostensibly turned down the offer from Fox Studios of add'l security, if this was a two-step plan. I can hardly express how angry it makes me to think of real victims who suffer as a result of resources being diverted for a fake "Hate Crime." The damage to real victims of crime in Chicago is incalculable.

Jussie has simply joined a long list of people who foment divisiveness and use race/Sexual preference /etc. to promote their personal agenda(s). Despicable.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Here is the Jewish World Review who came out with their own racist trope (because we can tell it is based on racist premises. You don't need a divining rod, oftentimes things are obvious) immediately after the "attack":
Classic manufactured "news:" Report on an uncorroborated hate crime. Plant unverified details. Repeatedly blame white male Trump supporters. Stoke Hollywood outrage. Enlist the godfather of hate crime hoaxes to call on the president to denounce phantom attackers. Reap clicks and publicity. Indict all skeptics as racists and haters. Repeat.

Smears first. Facts later. How much deader can American journalism get?

Read more at http://www.jewishworldreview.com/michelle/malkin013019.php3#sCGcWEaJSWBRVGHW.99
 platitude545
Msg: 48
Why, Jussie - WHYYY?
Posted: 2/17/2019 7:33:49 AM
^^^so fishy, danimal can not draw conclusions but you can...in this case concluding definitively this attack was a fabrication. And danimal was correct that this thread was started on racist premises. You don't need a devining rod to know how some people think based on their posts. Oftentimes things are obvious.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Why, Jussie - WHYYY?
Posted: 2/17/2019 8:16:55 AM
THOUSANDS of hours of police time? Give me a break, Miss Drama. Theres far more time tied up in tilted broadcast hours than the crime itself. Stop pretending that wasted time of a few investigators would actually save hundreds of lives. That's like claiming a wall in El Paso will stop drugs from Mexico. The numbers are not even remotely sound. Do the math to prove this one crime report has costed us even ONE life. Sorry not sorry that you feel you need to waste more precious time defending your political stance than the actual time spent proving the validity of his crime report. How many lives could you have saved?
Why, Jussie - WHYYY?
Posted: 2/17/2019 11:27:33 AM

THOUSANDS of hours of police time? Give me a break, Miss Drama. Theres far more time tied up in tilted broadcast hours than the crime itself. Stop pretending that wasted time of a few investigators would actually save hundreds of lives. That's like claiming a wall in El Paso will stop drugs from Mexico. The numbers are not even remotely sound. Do the math to prove this one crime report has costed us even ONE life. Sorry not sorry that you feel you need to waste more precious time defending your political stance than the actual time spent proving the validity of his crime report. How many lives could you have saved?

"Do the math to prove this one crime report has costed us even ONE life."
"Stop pretending that wasted time of a few investigators would actually save hundreds of lives."
WTH?

To whom are you talking? Whose post are you addressing?
Give us a Msg number, because I never said anything about "saving lives," Mr. Drama. What kind of straw man argument is the "correlation" to a Wall in El Paso?
Your post has a barely tenuous relationship to mine.

Defending [my] Political Stance? Do tell how you derive all this juicy info from my post. On which side of the fence (haha) do I fall, Madame Cleo?

I don't believe you know how police cases work. It does not wrap up in 30 minutes with the work of one buddy team, like CSI. One of my relatives is a detective in a major US city. Thousands of hours of investigation are nothing in a high profile case like this. Almost 3 weeks ago? Easy.

As far as my post, I used several "qualifiers," such as may, claims, likely, ostensibly. How many times should I repeat that? Too bad you guys see a bogey man everywhere.

In full disclosure:
I am the victim/survivor of criminal assault. I do volunteer work with battered women (of various shades, professions - including the "oldest" - and sexual/gender proclivities - LGBTQ can batter each other, too, you know). I take such claims very seriously and have been called as a witness in court. The FIRST thing police do is determine whether a report is credible.

Do you think I haven't heard at least one perpetrator play the race card, in that s/he is being unfairly accused of assault because of their race? For many reasons, I ABHOR those who file false claims of assault, kidnapping, etc. Engineering a race-based assault (notice I am not accusing anyone in particular) to engender sympathy, publicity or playing the race card while attempting to derail a criminal investigation is that much more loathsome, since it serves to further the divisiveness that already afflicts our country. Nauseating, that, if Jussie engineered a racist attack, he is guilty of propagating the very sentiments he is accusing "our country" of showing toward him. Jussie makes the overt claim that he is not getting the "support" he feels he should deserve in the wake of this "event" because his attackers were NOT Muslim, Mexican, or someone black. In other words, Jussie feels he is doubted because, by implication, his attackers were white.

““Empire” star Jussie Smollett has given an emotional account of the night he says he was the victim of a racially motivated attack in Chicago, and said the doubters would probably have not questioned him if his attackers had been Muslim, Mexican or black. “I have to acknowledge the lies, and the hate,” he told “Good Morning America” in an interview with host Robin Roberts that aired on Thursday. “And it feels like if I had said it was a Muslim, or a Mexican, or someone black, I feel like the doubters would have supported me much more. A lot more. And that says a lot about the place that we are in our country right now.”
The CPD were apparently never satisfied that the "event" occured as reported. No doubt, a crime has been committed, but just like an officer who has been called to a domestic violence situation, it is the responsibility of law enforcement to sift through the evidence to find out if the purported victim was actually a victim. Yes, women can attack their domestic partners and play the victim, afterwards. And people who are willing to promote their personal agenda at any cost can also play the victim.
Smollett was asked by ABC’s Good Morning America why he thinks he was targeted. In his reply, he referred to Donald Trump by his moniker as the 45th president.

“I come really, really hard against 45,” he said. “I come really, really hard against his administration and I don’t hold my tongue.”

Smollett was played a clip of Trump responding to news of the alleged attack. The president said: “I think that’s horrible. It doesn’t get worse as far as I’m concerned.”

The actor said he appreciated Trumps words, but added that he had no doubt that his assailants were motivated by his criticism of the president.

With ABC censoring the comment on taste grounds, Smollett said: “I can only go off of their words. Who says, ‘[bleep] Empire, this is Maga country,’ [bleep] ties a noose around your neck and pours bleach on to you? And this is just a friendly fight?”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/feb/17/jussie-smollett-attorneys-attack-trump

That is SMOLLETT's explanation for the "attack," straight out of his mouth. How much more do you need to know about what drove him (IF he orchestrated this "event")? I know ... you are "Sorry, not sorry," whatever that means.

P.S.
How many lives could you have saved?

So far, I have saved at least one human life, that I know of. I am well aware of it, because her mother sought me out to thank me.
And you? Nevermind, I think I know.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Jussie Smollett reports MAGA attack - What happened?