Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Creepy profile pictures and it's just getting worse.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 purplerider1200
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Creepy profile pictures and it's just getting worse.Page 4 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Whew! Good thing I saw those tufts of fur flying. Who wants fuzzy popcorn.....
 MyTrueCompanion
Msg: 77
Creepy profile pictures and it's just getting worse.
Posted: 2/16/2019 7:52:30 PM

saw those tufts of fur flying

Well, MY FUR is imported from Eastern Europe ;0P

The sable, a species of marten, is primarily found in Russia through the Ural Mountains of Siberia. Their fur is soft and silkier than American martens and is mostly used for jackets, scarfs, and hats. Crown sable (also known as Russian or Imperial sable) was the finest and most expensive quality of sable.

"Falling into the lower price ranges are "bulk” or more common furs, such as rabbit and hare." - yes those old, cheap, "common" ones, who name themselves after tea ...

whiterose0
Msg: 78
Posted: 2/16/2019 9:29:51 PM

Funny how you knew exactly where to find that nasty old bash thread, I wonder why/how?

Not so innocent, are you?

Actually, I am innocent, Blondie. Someone sent me the link to the thread by PM. It was in one of the PMs I've been receiving about YOU.

There may be a few more little "insights" in store, since I haven't gotten through the latest PMs yet.

Incidentally, I wasn't aware that "virtual cruises" served food and alcohol.
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 2/16/2019 9:45:43 PM
Wow. Cat fight is on but I can definitely opine that one is cattier than the other and I will continue to support the other kitty. I think everyone knows to whom I am referring.
 MyTrueCompanion
Msg: 80
Posted: 2/17/2019 6:25:42 AM
^^LMAO

You can imply all you want, I know where I was, (on my 22nd cruise) even if I posted a pic of the boarding pass, etc. you'd say I photo shopped it, etc. My new pix were taken on formal nite on Feb 10th aboard the Fantasy out of Mobile- would you like to see a receipt from when I bought things in a gift shop in Progreso Mexico? Oh no, maybe I photo shopped that too!

Surely Shirley, I don't care if you lower yourself to "rabbit fur" standards of behavior(s)

Both of you are randoms on a message board, who knows you may even be the same person

Great free entertainment!

Thanks for the fun, ladies XOX
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 81
Posted: 2/17/2019 8:30:24 AM
Jeannie,
I speak for myself, always have.
Has it ever occurred to you, that not everyone enjoys your snark? Has it ever crossed your mind, that the Forums do not exist for you and you alone to scream and shout, (BOLD lettering and caps), insults?
Please try to understand. I have no doubt you have suffered thru years of perceived verbal/emotional abuse ..................however, I am 100% positive I was not there. Nor were many others, male or female, from the Forums.
Perhaps, and I do say "perhaps", you might begin to think of yourself as a survivor, not a victim?

For the record, your comment pertaining to "Fur". When I read that my blood pressure hit the ceiling. I am greatly opposed to killing a perfectly healthy animal, solely for the harvesting and use of it's skin/fur. It makes me feel sick to my stomach.
IF you were referring to "Fur" as in your own body hair, that was simply uncalled for. Why would you choose to degrade yourself like that?

Instead of a cruise for your own pleasure, (#22?) perhaps you could join others https://www.justserve.org
When helping others less fortunate than ourselves, the receiver is blessed, and the giver gains self respect. It's a win/win situation.

I am not perfect, never claimed to be, but I know for a fact, no one ever gained self worth, inner happiness by snarking and insulting.

Please consider what I have written, I mean you no harm, I'm just exhausted from the negative/mean spirited posting in the Forums. I stay away from the "Off Topic" section, as that area is the most toxic/negative vibe of all. I can't imagine it's healthy for anyone............day after day...............after day...............
Posted: 2/17/2019 1:54:24 PM
^^ Thank you, LIR, for providing an example of the enduring and unassuming type of unassailable class to which many of us can only aspire.

I, too, found the cold, factual description of fur-bearing animals to be extremely heart-wrenching. The dismissal of some as being cheap, "common" ones or otherwise undesirable was just plain tacky.

I personally think rabbit fur is every bit as valuable and lovely as any other type of fur, especially when it is attached to a warm, friendly rabbit, such as the one I had many years ago, as a pet, or the wild ones I currently feed in my yard.

I do feel sorry for those who have suffered emotional/mental damage in their lives. What I do not understand is how they seem to believe revealing their damage to the public in this type of venue can be in any way helpful to their recovery?

How sad. VVV
 MyTrueCompanion
Msg: 83
Posted: 2/17/2019 2:06:31 PM
^^^LIR, Nice try, nice message, but I see plenty of snark in here by many other ppl, perhaps you should address all of them, not just single me out? I've also seen you post little barbs as well.

If ppl don't like a certain topic or poster on a message board, they should just keep scrolling, if not inclined to reply.

There are no rules that a person can not bold, others do use bold, emojis, etc. Are you trying to censor me? Insults? I don't think I am the only one in here, and BTW, why are ppl in here so hell bent to take this so seriously? None of us are in each other's living rooms!

Thank you for your concern, but I hardly think reading posts on a message board qualifies one as a therapist.

Fur? Are you saying I cannot post the word "fur"?
If it bothers you to see the word "fur" you shouldn't be on the net!

If I choose to refer to a human's body hair as "fur" (technically it is, as we are mammals) that's my choice. Sorry about your blood pressure :0( seriously, if it upsets you, do not read my posts!

No one in here really knows me, or what I have done or not done in regards to others & trying to shame me for travel won't work.

Yes, there is plenty of snarking & insulting & I am not the only one. If ppl are going to dish it out to me, I will dish it right back :0)

Take your own inventory & clean your own side of the street please.

And while you are at it, why don't you chide the person or persons who sent things to one of the addresses I am associated with?

Be well, I am serious about that, I think you may mean well but I am not 100% sure. And frankly, I won't lose any sleep over it, as none of us should!
 Ladyinred0407
Msg: 84
Posted: 2/17/2019 2:19:10 PM
Allrighty BLONDENOANGEL you WIN, Good bye!
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2019 3:19:15 PM
^^^ say it aint so
 MyTrueCompanion
Msg: 86
Posted: 2/17/2019 5:31:33 PM
I like Purple Rider & please, I do not mean to throw him under the bus, READ thru this thread, he made a joke (innocent one) about FUR FLYING & I ran w/ it.

I am not going to spell out how I was referring to "fur" but let's just say I was referring to a woman's particular body part in jest w/ Purple Rider.

Then 2 judgmental women twisted it into killing of animals. I am not a hunter, I own no fur, I do eat animal products & I do not participate in animal cruelty. In fact I rescued many cats from hi kill shelters, including a sick dying one to give her respite care.

If the 2 above women (LIR & FISHY) are so upset maybe they should volunteer w/ animals & animal rights, as my younger son & I did back in NY.

Lady in Red, I hope you were being sincere, but please look at yourself in the mirror as well, plus look at some of the other snarkers here.

We had a forum bully & a gang for years, around 2011 I had another nice forumite from Michigan plus another from Hawaii both contact me w/ details bec. they felt it was unfair & bully-ish.

I am fairly confidant said bully is behind many nukings, is back under an alt & is the one who sent things to an address associated w/ my name, plus called my ex husband in NY (crazy)to say Blonde Angel is mean on the forums- LOL

This person bullied many ppl, & still does & when she tries it w/ me, I will poke back.

Not all the time, however.

But the comments about the friend who had cancer were pure evil, as is she, an evil nasty excuse for a human being. I refused to emain silent about THAT.

Why didn't LIR pontifficate about THAT? Is it bec. she herself is part of the mean girls group? Then posts like Lady Bountiful, trying to help me? Sorry, someone else in here needs a lot more help than I do.

BTW, I have volunteered at great length & my feelings about it are as such: "When helping the poor, leave the camera at home."

AND

“The truth may be stretched thin, but it never breaks, and it always surfaces above lies, as oil floats on water.”
? Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra, Don Quixote

AND

The Cookie Thief
by Valerie Cox
A woman was waiting at an airport one night, with several long hours before her flight. She hunted for a book in the airport shops, bought a bag of cookies and found a place to drop.
She was engrossed in her book but happened to see, that the man sitting beside her, as bold as could be. . .grabbed a cookie or two from the bag in between, which she tried to ignore to avoid a scene.

So she munched the cookies and watched the clock, as the gutsy cookie thief diminished her stock. She was getting more irritated as the minutes ticked by, thinking, “If I wasn’t so nice, I would blacken his eye.”
With each cookie she took, he took one too, when only one was left, she wondered what he would do. With a smile on his face, and a nervous laugh, he took the last cookie and broke it in half.
He offered her half, as he ate the other, she snatched it from him and thought… oooh, brother. This guy has some nerve and he’s also rude, why he didn’t even show any gratitude!
She had never known when she had been so galled, and sighed with relief when her flight was called. She gathered her belongings and headed to the gate, refusing to look back at the thieving ingrate.
She boarded the plane, and sank in her seat, then she sought her book, which was almost complete. As she reached in her baggage, she gasped with surprise, there was her bag of cookies, in front of her eyes.
If mine are here, she moaned in despair, the others were his, and he tried to share. Too late to apologize, she realized with grief, that she was the rude one, the ingrate, the thief...

AND

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

— Friedrich Nietzsche

And--why put what you think is my first name on here, after I already related about a doxxing?
How is THAT being magnaminous & helpful?

I do feel sorry for those who have suffered emotional/mental damage in their lives. What I do not understand is how they seem to believe revealing their damage to the public in this type of venue can be in any way helpful to their recovery?

How sad. VVV

Hogwash. If you truly felt that way, you would not feel the need to come in & state that & point it at me. I feel no shame or need to run & hide. If ppl wanna nuke me, let them do it.
Posted: 2/18/2019 4:44:42 AM

I see plenty of snark in here by many other ppl, perhaps you should address all of them, not just single me out?

I agree. Why should True Companion be the only one held accountable for her behaviour? There certainly is more than a few posters here who are every bit as bad as they claim her to be. I've been on the receiving end of a hateful, out of the blue post, from that sweet Granny you are all so eager to defend. If I could remember what thread it was I would post it. Some may recall, Rise and I were chatting about pot being legalised here in Ontario, when in she barged calling me a liar about something that happened long ago. I told her if she wanted to pick a fight with me she would have to come back next week when I wouldn't be in such a good mood. Most of the time I just try to ignore her. I'm sorry but I'm just not seeing the halo you are all seeing.

All you need do is re-read this thread to see where it went off the rails and who started with the passive aggressive innuendo. Back creek asked Companion a question, then instead of just letting her answer slide, the snark started. The pot stirrers who we always can count on to take their jabs all chimed in. They didn't like it when I pulled their own passive-aggressive crap with my post. So more passive aggressive innuendo was had. So please quit with the hypocritical bullchit. Some here want to say and snark whatever they see fit but when they get a little taste of it, they don't like it.

Companion, some have gone awfully quiet here. I would be careful what you post. You know darn well they are probably bandaging their sore trigger fingers from all the reporting of you they are doing. Now they will have to bandage a new finger to report me.
 MyTrueCompanion
Msg: 88
Posted: 2/18/2019 5:20:10 AM
^^

Correct!
I do not trust women who have no confidence such as the lil committee you have just discussed

There is an old proverb:

"The uglier the dog, the dirtier the tricks."
We know Granny Fleabag is full of dirty tricks...no names though, just innuendo!
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2019 11:07:44 AM
No words....just so far off topic.
 ontheotherhand
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2019 1:58:18 PM

And to add, that in my younger years, women did not like me in spite of the fact that I was extremely shy and was not an attention seeker.

Shirley, being shy may have had a lot to do with how you were treated. There is a tendency to assume shy people are stuck up. I've had issues with this (and I'm nowhere as attractive as you). One of my guy friend told me that with being shy I tend give off a do not approach vibe. After getting to know me he realized it was the shyness. You may have accidentally been doing this too.
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2019 2:46:54 PM

Shirley, being shy may have had a lot to do with how you were treated. There is a tendency to assume shy people are stuck up.

ontheotherhand is absolutely right. I realized this many, many years ago and it has nothing to do with any level of 'perceived attractiveness. People who lack self confidence continue to be bullied. I sense a kindred spirit in you.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 2/18/2019 2:47:19 PM

the filters that make them look like puppies, or the beauty filters that make their faces look like someone splattered a pound of peanut butter on it then stenciled Tamme Fae Bakker's face over it.

I myself haven't ran into that that much. But I've seen it. Much of the time though -- it's 1 or 2 photos, with other photos not being that way. That said though, the other ones can be vague and is only a sign they're hiding something. But graphic changes for fun on a photo is just another way to do the "altering" affect, for marketing oneself. Those "cute" graphic changes are harmless as long as one has photos that are clearly clear otherwise.

Great on instagram and facebook, but to use as your primary photo on the dating site with the intent to attract men, sorry ladies

I'm not going to get my underpants in a bunch if her primary photo has one of those 'cute' cartoonish graphic alterations -- as long as there's sufficient photos without that. Do whatever it is -- unique/odd headline, funny word or phrase pasted on one's main pic -- to get someone to click. I'm fine with that. But if you're not showing your actual self in your other photos, no thanks. That said, I still won't get my underpants in a bunch. Plenty of profiles are insufficient or too clouded in one way or another.

Women don't have the monopoly on insecurity about their looks. Many men post blurry or outdated pictures of themselves when they had more hair on their heads or were forty pounds lighter.

I agree. Outdated photos, distant pictures with sunglasses, etc. It's certainly a people thing.

I actually feel sorry at times, for both men and women who are " very good looking " or " beautiful ". Seems to me they attract the wrong kind of people, all through their lives.

I thought that for a hot second before (no pun intended) -- but I realized I was generalizing/stereotyping based on the ones that Stuck Out, being single & not so happy. The ones who are Quite attractive are going to stick out more, giving the illusion it's "so many" of them -- especially when *I* thought that distinct attractiveness should take care of so much by itself (thus, ringing in my ears more).

Being beautiful / extremely handsome ~ doesn't mean the person on the inside is such.

I agree. It doesn't at all lean to them being less on the 'inside' though. There are some negative snags us commoners don't put in perspective by default that they'll run into more often -- but I do have to agree with social evaluations out there that show it does end up giving them an overall advantage in life. I think many who are "hot" can take it for granted -- like a kid growing up from a family with some good $$ -- so there's a good chance they aren't putting things in perspective to be grateful enough for.

I will disagree with the notion that hotter people tend to be less on the inside, though. I mean, I could go to a snooty bar where there'll be good amount of hot gals -- and not find a good amount seemingly not-so-good on the inside. Sure. But then again, certainly not all of them are so hot -- but they too were in the same boat. I think it's a socially accepted stereotype, as seen in movies & TV shows and such, where the hotter people are more snooty/arrogant/self-centered, etc. IRL, I have not found that to be the case when I took a step back to look at it objectively, from even my own 1st hand & 2nd hand experiences.
 RefinedRibbon
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2019 5:53:58 AM
Well the meme filters with the them hiding their face looking like something else I know its a turn off for guys and guys wanna see the real natural part. Fine to wear little makeup you can use lighting but don't over do it with filters people wanna know the real you not some trend lets hide are face. Putting pride in appearance is simple you don't need filters just takes time taking care of yourself making it daily thing.
 MeramecRiverRat
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 2/20/2019 12:36:00 PM

Then 2 judgmental women twisted it into killing of animals. I am not a hunter, I own no fur

Your post in bold implies you wear fur items made out of martens imported from Russia. I got the same impression those two did. No twisting occurred and their posts are not judgmental.

Can think of nothing creepier than a photo of a woman or man wearing fur. An innocent creature gets caught in a cruel, painful trap, suffering for many hours, all so a vain, materialistic women can parade around her fashion item which probably isn't practical in keeping the wearer warm.

Three years ago I visited a public river access with a friend who spotted some animal carcasses along the boat ramp. Looking closer, we determined they were foxes whose fur had been removed by the poacher and illegally discarded. The friend counted at least 40 foxes who had been tortured and murdered. She said the sight gave her nightmares. I took photos and called the poaching hotline. The illegal dumping of the carcasses reflects negatively on all trappers and on all fur wearers.

Animal lovers in Illinois did a good strategy of buying bobcat trapping permits (and not using them) so fewer actual trappers would be able to kill the sweet wild kitties.

Lady In Red is nice from what I've seen from her forum posts. That means a lot from me given my overall distaste for Harley riders. Shame on the haters if they got her account terminated. Am aware some motorcycle people are good, for example Lady In Red and Purplerider.

If Skies were active here as a queen bee with a hive of helpers, and they were out to get Blonde Angel, wouldn't they have already gotten Blonde Angel's latest POF account removed?
 MyTrueCompanion
Msg: 95
Posted: 2/20/2019 6:48:44 PM
^^a more sophisticated man would have gotten the sexual innuendo about "fur"

a forum regular would have gotten the innuendo about Eastern Euro

The Queen Bee played a new game called "woe is me" carried on, self deleted to manipulate ppl & have them think I got her nuked.

If I had to power to nuke, this board would be missing more than her ;0P

LIR snarked from the sidelines & played passive aggressive games.

Altho Mr River Rat, u have a right to ur opinions just like I do

And I was paying dear old Granny a compliment by implying she at least had some "fur"left, albeit flea ridden ;0P

PS- don't rats carry the Bubonic Plague???
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 96
Posted: 2/20/2019 8:09:04 PM

^^a more sophisticated man would have gotten the sexual innuendo about "fur"

a forum regular would have gotten the innuendo about Eastern Euro
I don't think it was either! even a harridan can 'try' to hide their true self but it will always show true in the end.
 oojeemaflip
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Is this what happened when The Children of the Corn got old?
Posted: 2/22/2019 6:35:26 AM
@ Dinno76 post from 2/6/2019

Ahem... Excuse me, but Some of us lovely females dont wear make up, and all our pix are as natural as the camera can make us.

Obviously we, like everyone else, ( well, for the most part) will do our best ti post the most decent of them on here and/or elsewhere, to show our good side in the hope of someone finding us even the slightest atractive.
But we all don’t cake our faces up just for a selfie, in case it gets noticed by an ass hat such as yourself!!
 MyTrueCompanion
Msg: 98
BEWARE PSYCHO STALKERS & SENIOR MEAN GIRLS
Posted: 2/23/2019 3:24:42 PM
^^^
Bravo to you my dear, I enjoyed your post, you are truly a breath of fresh air :0)

A bitter woman in this forum has messaged a man in here w/ false info about a forum poster, saying that said person is on ssi/disability for being "obese" is bald, etc.

None of that is true.

Clearing the air here, if someone is so obsessed they need to send things to a person in the mail & download old youtube vids, sounds like they have an issue, & IMo it would be best to distance yourself from that person :0)

While you're at it (not the person above me, just ANYONE who may be in contact w/ the bitter woman) ask yourself WHY would this person harbor such a grudge for so many years & go to such great lengths to spread personal mis-information?

It's one thing to take pokes/shots in a message board, it's quite another to send things in the mail & make threats, etc.

Have a lovely evening everyone, be careful & don't take any wooden nickels :0)
 MyTrueCompanion
Msg: 100
BEWARE PSYCHO STALKERS & SENIOR MEAN GIRLS
Posted: 2/23/2019 6:13:40 PM
I do not have to do any of this, but wish to expose a liar/troublemaker. I am not angry at you John, you were conned by a convincing person. I own all of my posts, however I do not own lies, particularly about 8-9 years of lies by Miss S. I hope you see this post & see all the pix, bec. I will be taking some down in 24 hours. Same goes for another woman who made a snarky comment saying I was a bald obese chick on disability- NOT! You listened to a liar :0(
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Creepy profile pictures and it's just getting worse.