Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Women always wanting men quite taller than them      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 276
view profile
History
Women always wanting men quite taller than themPage 12 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)

The gender ratio varies by age and geographic location. In my area and age bracket, the ratio between men and women is supposed to be about even.

No, it's not -- not for the 25-40 age range, online within 24 hours. :) In the not too distant past, one was able to search POF after logging out. You get the Full Scope of All people, as opposed to the sectioned-off version due to your identity logged in particular people won't show up in your search. You can't do that anymore, otherwise I'd run a search on Calgary for ya. Years ago I did a multitude of searches where people were from who questioned the tons-more-dudes. It was quite lopsided. In a random small town with barely anyone and a super small radius, could you find it close to even, or just going into the later 70s where it started to even out.

Butt, from the several years ago when I did searches like that -- they didn't have so much Spam/fake-profiles, which I'm sure are more female-based profiles to mix things up.

A lot of women these days are also going for younger men.

I agree. You go from 2004 to 2019, there's much fewer women who's age restrictions on Match (or here) would be 3 years older than her as the Minimum age. Women are more independent, and far less have that "daddy" upbringing, specifically only wanting an Older guy.
 julystorm22
Msg: 277
view profile
History
Women always wanting men quite taller than them
Posted: 3/25/2019 3:37:57 PM
I would not take a fling with a much younger guy seriously. Most likely they wouldn't either. So meeting parents would never happen. I'm just thinking in lines that by summer I am going to not be able to hold off not meeting a guy off pof any longer and because I have zero optimism I will actually meet a guy who I want a relationship with who wants a relationship back with me, I might as well pick a fun fling to have.
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 278
view profile
History
Posted: 3/25/2019 9:11:39 PM
^^^^
Even "fun flings" can result in emotional trauma for we 'good' girls.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 279
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2019 6:46:07 PM

Getting "flung" into a ditch is not fun for either party. I'm not sure what hurts more, getting flung into the ditch by a woman, or by motorcycle. Since I want neigher, I'll slow down on the bike, and not put myself into the position of getting the toss by a woman.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 280
view profile
History
Posted: 3/26/2019 6:46:20 PM

Women are more independent, and far less have that "daddy" upbringing, specifically only wanting an Older guy.

I think "Older" is too specific a trait to nail women's searches down --- although it may be true for younger generations --- it's more like a guy who is 'Set' with his life. Has focus, has a drive, has a PLAN. Age sometimes gets falsely mistaken as that sign of maturity - and economically speaking, some women have a much more grandiose idea of what a guy 'Ought' to be making to live 'Comfortably' -- raising 'Set' to the current Gold Digger standard.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 281
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2019 7:03:51 AM
Nothing wrong with a fun fling.
The problem (with most things) is people go into things with expectations and standards and
then mid stream change the rules and the expectations and then wonder what the heck happened
and why it all went wrong.

Lots of women my age are independent. Most of us have worked all our lives and have our own
money. I'm not from the generation of women who stayed home and took care of the kids...we juggled
both work and kids, maybe starting part time and working into full time as school took up more of the
day.

Men make just as many mistakes and crappy decisions in their lives as women, so thinking there are a bunch
of men sitting on gold waiting for some digger to come steal it, is really a misnomer. There aren't a lot of
single, rich, guys with focus and drive or plans on these forums. Might be more IRL, but then you'd have to
get to know them to find this out.
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 282
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2019 9:00:49 AM

Nothing wrong with a fun fling.
The problem (with most things) is people go into things with expectations and standards and
then mid stream change the rules and the expectations and then wonder what the heck happened
and why it all went wrong.

Inevitably, someone gets their feelings involved. That's why expectations change. If you're going to dive in head first, you better be prepared to get your feet wet and climb back out, and sometimes slipping and sliding and falling back in.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 283
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2019 10:09:03 AM

Lots of women my age are independent. Most of us have worked all our lives and have our own
money. I'm not from the generation of women who stayed home and took care of the kids...we juggled
both work and kids, maybe starting part time and working into full time as school took up more of the
day.

It’s true that most women have their own money and are independent. However, for women who are unemployed or struggling financially, they will still have an easier time dating than a broke man. Financial stability is considered part of a man’s attractiveness - not so for women. An ugly man can make himself attractive with money. Like I’ve said before, how many men would date an ugly woman just because she drives a Mercedes Benz?
 browneyesboo
Msg: 284
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2019 10:50:18 AM

Like I’ve said before, how many men would date an ugly woman just because she drives a Mercedes Benz?

I don't think men are much different than women in that respect. Anyone looking for that sort of relationship doesn't go
into for looks. Not many sugar daddies have dashing good looks. The reason they have young looking women is because
they're older, mostly unattractive and have not much else to offer other than money. If they did, they wouldn't need to
be a sugar daddy.

Why wouldn't it work for women like that as well?
I'm pretty sure older, unattractive women with tons of money aren't going around complaining they can't find companionship.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 285
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2019 11:04:58 AM

It’s true that most women have their own money and are independent. However, for women who are unemployed or struggling financially, they will still have an easier time dating than a broke man. Financial stability is considered part of a man’s attractiveness - not so for women.
An ugly man can make himself attractive with money. Like I’ve said before, how many men would date an ugly woman just because she drives a Mercedes Benz?

Your point is basically true but consider a few points:
1. For a man money equals power so therefore being with a women who drives a Mercedes in NO way gives him power, so there is little appeal in that.
2. Women tend to be attracted to money as you said, but is it really money? Some say it is really the power that attracts them. To have that power takes a lot more than 2-3 million.

That being said, I don't know any where in US (I assume Canada is similar) where normal WOMEN date guys just because they drive a Mercedes. Makes little sense. For one thing , they aren't that expensive if you get the lower models and having a Mercedes doesn't equate to power. I knew a lot of young guys who lived at home and had low paying jobs that bought luxury cars. In fact, in my zip code it is a very common scenario because Eastern Euro's love to show off material wealth..even when they have no wealth lol.

I think if a guy is a multimillionaire who has so much money to support a certain luxury lifestyle for himself, that is different. Many women will want to get that lifestyle. But just having a certain type of car doesn't achieve that and it takes over 10 million to achieve that. In fact, having a cheap boat actually would work better because at least that will attract some women who like boats. I do know guys who used boats as a prop to invite girls out on the ocean.

Now if you are talking about women under 21, YES type of car can make a difference. In H.S. I went to, just having a car put you in the top 10% of guys..dating wise. It is relative.

It’s true that most women have their own money and are independent.

Depends on the statistics. According to some most men and women live paycheck to paycheck. Consider the source. There are a lot of people living lifestyles, temporarily, on credit.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 286
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2019 11:39:31 AM

I would not take a fling with a much younger guy seriously.

Would you take any Fling seriously? :) Hence, the term 'fling'.

Most likely they wouldn't either.

I don't think guys or gals of any age take Flings seriously, at least not in the beginning while it's a known fling. I think what you mean is you wouldn't take things seriously, thus, on more a fling-level, with a guy who was much younger. Understandable. I would think for the most part, a guy who was Much older, same thing, although the truth or illusion of financial stability may make you more open to that VS a guy in his mid-20s. Myself, I wouldn't for a gal too much older or too much younger. In general, those don't work out for the best in the LTR-run, although they can; depends on some factors. But best to take it without wedding-in-the-sunset expectations for a good while.

I don't think it has anything to do with 'good girls', who unfortunately get in emotional trauma with themselves after deciding to get involved in a fun fling. Unfortunately, it's the result of social conditioning to feel more pain about it + the social guilt of being involved in a fling. The guy also partaking in the purposely casual-dating/fling with the gal doesn't have to do anything bad to trigger that in some of the emotionally-vulnerable gals who get caught up in it with them. But it is best for guys when they do partake in such an endeavor, to at least be cool & empathetic & be a friend with said gal if/when he senses she's of that type, and migrate it to just-friends.

Emotionally weak guys can go thru some trauma too, btw. For guys & gals who get frazzled about a fling they are or were just in is usually due to liking the other a lot as time rolls on, but not the other way around. Gals have to deal with guilt where guys really don't tho; getting involved with someone knowingly without intentions of true Dating.

Inevitably, someone gets their feelings involved. That's why expectations change.

I don't think it's inevitable, no. I think for the emotionally weak who crave being wanted & emotional validation, that will happen a lot. But then again, even the emotionally weak will 'hang out' with someone who they lose attraction to and weren't that into in the first place. That's why I say the best way to "diffuse" a situation of an emotionally weak gal (or guy) that you're finagling with, is to turn them off by your ways; make them like you less to avoid their creepy feelings of insta-attachment.

I don't think men are much different than women in that respect. Anyone looking for that sort of relationship doesn't go into for looks.

Population-wise, I think men are different than women when it comes to the willingness to date an ugly person who's got a lot of bling-bling. Gals are more sculpted biologically & more importantly socially, to find Support as a positive. Guys, by itself, not so much, but he can evolve into that area, although someone ugly -- ehhh, no. Guys are sculpted to fend for themsleves and build a foundation in their lives and depend less on others. Not to say a guy wouldn't fake-date an older, not so good looking gal with $$ who wasn't a looker, for a while. But we could do a head count & see how long each lasts. Big difference.

I'm pretty sure older, unattractive women with tons of money aren't going around complaining they can't find companionship.

Oh, true. And it Is a positive for guys, so it does Up that gal's dating stock. My point is, you'll find far less guys willing to date said type of women who totally lack in looks, but do so for emotional support in which their finances reflect. It'd be more in the date-to-mooch realm which wouldn't last too long, which is why you see far less guys doing it. That said, an OK-looking older gal with $$ -- and a nice looking young guy who hasn't found himself... yeah, something more 'real' could happen. For a while. But again, overall, it's different for guys & gals going in that direction.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 287
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2019 1:59:17 PM

I’ve encountered bitter older women. They exist, even among the ones who have money.

Your point is basically true but consider a few points:
1. For a man money equals power so therefore being with a women who drives a Mercedes in NO way gives him power, so there is little appeal in that.
2. Women tend to be attracted to money as you said, but is it really money? Some say it is really the power that attracts them. To have that power takes a lot more than 2-3 million.

Ok, maybe a Mercedes Benz isn’t the greatest example. I do think that a guy who owns his own home rather than rents and who owns a summer condo in Florida will be more attractive to a woman than a guy who doesn’t.

A man is more interested in the woman herself rather than what she can give him. I’ve seen profiles of women on here who say that they’re unemployed or stay-at-home moms. That doesn’t stop them from putting up a long list of requirements in order for men to message them. When I was between jobs there was no way that I could get a date on this site. Your job is one of the first thing that a woman will ask you about.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 288
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2019 2:30:48 PM

Even "fun flings" can result in emotional trauma

Some people are gluttons for punishment.

Ok, maybe a Mercedes Benz isn’t the greatest example.

Try a $1.4 million Ferrari LaFerrari.

Only 500 hundred manufactured.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 289
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2019 2:40:01 PM

A man is more interested in the woman herself rather than what she can give him.

That's the key difference, when evaluating the population as a whole. I agree. Whether he's interested in her from a fling standpoint, or an LTR standpoint, he's not worried about safety, financial support, what she can provide, etc. But those factors to varying degrees will play a role in many womens' minds when it comes to their evaluations of prospects.
 spectravision
Msg: 290
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2019 4:15:25 PM

A man is more interested in the woman herself rather than what she can give him.

Agreed. But I do exclude love. We want all that she can give in that sense.

I’ve seen profiles of women on here who say that they’re unemployed or stay-at-home moms. That doesn’t stop them from putting up a long list of requirements in order for men to message them.

Agreed, but they're still here. Are you trying to date them? Am I trying to date them? No. They give good Women a bad name. I'm happy to give them a bar of soap.

When I was between jobs there was no way that I could get a date on this site. Your job is one of the first thing that a woman will ask you about.

Many of a Woman lie on here because of the same stigma. I've spoken to some. They don't have great health in some cases.

Try a $1.4 million Ferrari LaFerrari.

Are they not $1.6 million now due to inflation ? I have no idea.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 291
view profile
History
Posted: 3/27/2019 11:04:58 PM

Many of a Woman lie [about having a job] on here because of the same stigma. I've spoken to some. They don't have great health in some cases.

I don't think there's an argument that a gal who's self-supportive is better than an otherwise-equal gal who's Not. But a woman is in a far better position than a guy online, when in-between jobs. I don't see how there could be an argument on that, either, and I think that was his point. She has a chance for a date, very possibly a good one compared to an average Joe who merely has a job. The jobless guy doesn't, assuming he's not a hard-to-find hottie or anything.
 julystorm22
Msg: 292
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2019 7:18:46 AM
I don't think a woman who lacks money is at much of a disadvantage when it comes to dating IF she doesn't have kids. Guys do not seem to care about a girls' job or money or at least they don't care to the extent that women care about a man's job job or money.

When it comes to women with kids though, money does matter to a certain extent. A lot of men look down at poorer single moms. Of course looks come into this to this too. The better looking a single mom is, the more a guy is likely to overlook the fact she is both poor and a single mom and sometimes its even an advantage because a guy sees it as a chance to get someone above his league in looks. Money also influences a w9man's ability to date and men can see this too. Single mothers with little money often have difficulty dating because they can't afford babysitters or nice clothes and such and it puts them at a real disadvantage. It seems the broke single moms are often the ones that don't have their kids' dads as much involved either. This is compared to the single moms who also work but get decent child support with their kids' father taking the kids often, giving them more free time to date and having enough money for nice hair, clothes, makeup, etc.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 293
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2019 8:47:33 AM
^^^ But I don’t think even a poor single mother would have a problem finding a fling with a younger guy. There is a simple biological reason for this. Both men and women have equal sex drives, it’s just that a man’s seed is constantly being replaced. A woman only has one-egg per month. When women do think about sex it’s equal to men, it’s just that they think about it less often. The unemployed, poorer guy is at a disadvantage with both finding a long-term relationship and something short-term . Usually the people who have had a lot of casual sex are the women- simply because it’s easier for them to do so.
 Inicia
Msg: 294
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2019 4:21:02 PM
well my sex drive has never been restricted to egg dropping time lol. but it is a nice theory. most often while in sucky relationships the sexual interest or readiness is reduced.
kki:why would women have a lot of casual sex if drive was related to egg dropping? how much sex in the limited time? your theories are logically flawed. you r welcome to them.
climaxes can be had regardless-humans are only mammal with fluid sexual drives. while a female cat, elephant, baboon etc will only mate while in heat or fertile, female humans not so much, other male species are only aroused by the female's hormones not so for male humans. We are not blessed with the marvelous olfactory capabilities. on both parts might be more arousal during such times yet human's drive or arousal not restricted to such times.
 spot4username
Msg: 295
view profile
History
Where is Dr. Ruth when you need her?
Posted: 3/28/2019 5:00:15 PM

Both men and women have equal sex drives, it’s just that a man’s seed is constantly being replaced. A woman only has one-egg per month. When women do think about sex it’s equal to men, it’s just that they think about it less often.

That isn't how it works.
At all.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 296
view profile
History
Where is Dr. Ruth when you need her?
Posted: 3/28/2019 6:52:16 PM

why would women have a lot of casual sex if drive was related to egg dropping? how much sex in the limited time? your theories are logically flawed. you r welcome to them.

It's not my theory. Try watching the netflix doc on human sexuality. Maybe the desire for a lot of casual sex is emotional? I don't know. I heard other women say that if a female has a lot of casual sex there is probably something wrong with her - this is coming from women themselves.
 Peter_Hungus
Msg: 297
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2019 7:27:53 PM

I don't think a woman who lacks money is at much of a disadvantage when it comes to dating IF she doesn't have kids.

Well, it depends if the guy is looking for something casual or a long-term relationship. So a women who is childless that makes $10 an hour probably has more disposable income then a single mom who makes $20 an hour. A lot of people downplay the costs that's required for children. That fact has been around for awhile that it costs $250,000 to raise a child from birth to 18. So if she has two kids that's a half million dollars. If she is poor, then any guy who comes into that scenario would have to shoulder some of those costs. But a guy whos trying to get some action, likely doesn't care what circumstances the woman's in.

Both men and women look for what's in their best interests. If a woman declined a relationship with a guy who had a half million dollars in debt.... everyone would tell her you made the right decision.. .completely normal. If a guy turns down a relationship with a single mom with 2 kids.... somehow he is shallow.... even though it's the exact same thing. Not to mention with the poor childless women... she can always get a secondary education and produce more income. A woman with kids? Not much you can do to reduce the costs (debt) incurred by the kids.

I think also for a guy who is looking for a relationship, someone who has kids all time is someone who doesn't have time for a relationship. I dated a woman who had a 7 year old and 2 year old when we dated. Not only was the 7 year old wanting to stay up till 11 on weekends when I'm trying to get it on with the mom, the 2 year old would be waking up EVERYDAY at 7-720. No sleeping in ANYMORE! 7 year old was good about being quiet in the morning so no issues there.

Back to the thread topic, I think women are far less realistic with their expectations then men are ( in conjunction with their own circumstances). Most 55 year old men know they don't have a shot in getting a 25 year old wife. Yet a 55 year old woman still thinks it's reasonable to get a guy who is 55 year old guy who is tall, handsome, fit and financially well off. Yes there are men like that. But men like that are dating a 45 year old woman... not a 55 year old.

I think a lot of this has to do with the 21st century Amazon.com lifestyle. So a woman designs her profile just like shes loading her Amazon shopping cart.

Example;
" Must be 6' tall, 6 pack abs, 2 day-shipping, must be athletic, a well funded IRA and good income."
"Must like my two huge dogs that sleep in bed, join me in hovering over my grandkids, must spend your free time with me at Church and swing-dancing. Also must not like Trump because he is a meanie thats hurts my feelings even though we have economic growth and by all metrics a successful administration. Must like Hillary like me even though she has the same policy positions as the last president that failed ( I'm a deep thinker BTW)."
--About me. Have little to no retirement, a poor paying job and have health problems.

julystorm22
Msg: 298
view profile
History
Posted: 3/28/2019 11:57:27 PM
I agree that at certain times in a cycle that a woman is more horny. I do think that definitely there is a time in each month where sex is definitely on my brain more. Its like I am in heat...sounds weird but its the truth. And I think a desire for sexual partners for the other 3 weeks of my cycle is more of an emotional need. It feels good to have someone desire my body and the emotional connection that can exist with sex is a major want on my part. I do want the relationship but do not think its a realistic expectation for me me but I will accept the consolation prize of sex. Sure its a temporary feeling of happiness getting to be with a guy but it beats laying in bed at night for several months alone.
 spectravision
Msg: 299
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2019 1:23:25 AM

Maybe the desire for a lot of casual sex is emotional?

I'd say in some cases the desire to be loved or the feeling of attention, and wanted in the moment.
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 300
view profile
History
Posted: 3/29/2019 7:35:55 AM

I do think that definitely there is a time in each month where sex is definitely on my brain more.[/quote

Like any other female, the desire for sex is prompted by ovulation, when we are most fertile. So yes in a sense, you are "in heat" and there will always be a male willing to accomodate. That is how productivity was to be ensured. Maybe the desire for a lot of casual sex is emotional?

Maybe the desire for a lot of casual sex is emotional?[/quote}

Emotional in a sexual addiction or an attempt to reassure themselves that they are attractive and therefore worthy, but in the end I believe it is often a desire for intimacy and the idea that you are loved and protected.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Women always wanting men quite taller than them