Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Women always wanting men quite taller than them      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 351
view profile
History
Women always wanting men quite taller than themPage 15 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
"So being 40 years older wasn't a deal breaker, it was being 5.4 that was important."
LOL. It seems it is mostly on line dating where people are so obsessed with age/height and other specifics. In real life people tend not to pay attention. Age for example.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 352
view profile
History
Women always wanting men quite taller than them
Posted: 4/2/2019 11:28:01 AM

After a lot of years interacting with men, being married for half my life, my experience is - find a guy who makes you laugh, has your back, respects you, has a job, has interests that you can share or do your own, a guy who wants to share the kitchen and the bedroom, who encourages you to grow, has an open mind. Things like height and hair aren't as important as character, charm, intelligence and empathy. I'm at the age where when I take my glasses off, most men look hot...as do I

I agree completely with the above.
There have been times in my life when a man whom I initially thought of as unattractive became very attractive in my eyes, because of the the things they said and did. I remember one in particular- short and bald. I don't like short, and I don't like bald.
But, after seeing this man give a speech, interact with others, and just seeing what he was like in general, I became very attracted to him. Unfortunately, he was married.
It's hard to get a sense of what a person is really like from a profile, though. This is why I pretty much ignore the pics, and base my OLD choices on what is said, and on a man's actions.

BTW, the Mr. ED and "dentures" I wrote about are 6'3" and 6'5", respectively. They each had their height going for them, but blew it through their actions/words.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 353
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2019 12:43:56 PM

It's a shame that sentiment is in such short supply.

I've always wanted to meet you. I like your sense of humour.

Gracias.

How are ya?

I haven't seen any comments regarding Uranus since I've been back.

Bluemoon

Not so many opportunities lately.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 354
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2019 2:04:25 PM

So being 40 years older wasn't a deal breaker, it was being 5.4 that was important.

But how tall was she? If she was 5'0", IRL, as AdvJoe pointed out, I would think it'd differ IRL vs Online. But that's not to say it'd still be negative IRL when you're notably short. But in that case, it'd be safe to say the age+height combo would be the deal breaker, at least.

I think, ultimately, what matters most is that a person is someone we are okay with being around our friends and family.

As pointed out right after your post -- this means Too much to you. But to be fair, it means too much to many people, although I will say it has a stronger pull on you. I think that's why Online it bears more weight than IRL. We're thinking about those things more -- how they "fit" in "card". That said, many times you're not looking for a guy to fit in a Hallmark Christmas Card with you, and you're fine with FWB -- so why should it play a role then? I'm sure you'll be less picky with a guy if there's believably no aim for BF/GF, but by how much?

The biggest reason I never married him is because I would have felt too ashamed standing up in front of everyone and saying vows.

I'm assuming not due to height, correct?

You mean, like when a group of gals are dancing together - a party of 'Besties' - and a guy shuffles into the group and gets in the middle of the circle to show off his moves?

NO. :) I mean 1-on-1 boy-girl dances. How many different [gals | guys] have you had a 1-on-1 dance with? It's going to average out to be the same for guys, and girls respectively.

Things like height and hair aren't as important as character, charm, intelligence and empathy.
I agree completely with the above.

But in most cases, you're not going to know about their character, charm, intelligence, and empathy -- until you've been dating them for a while. You'll know the height & hair (and other physical attributes) before you even say hello -- which determines if you even would want to find out if they had other personal characteristics that were great.
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 355
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2019 3:51:30 PM

After a lot of years interacting with men, being married for half my life, my experience is - find a guy who makes you laugh, has your back, respects you, has a job, has interests that you can share or do your own, a guy who wants to share the kitchen and the bedroom, who encourages you to grow, has an open mind. Things like height and hair aren't as important as character, charm, intelligence and empathy. I'm at the age where when I take my glasses off, most men look hot...as do I

I agree completely with the above.[

What they said.
 Inicia
Msg: 356
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2019 3:53:46 PM
yes Pig, totally accountable($1-2-3...440 000)lol.. only once was , life is learning, too bad i waited till mid 40 s to be stupid for love. I was indeed generalizing , a responsible adult male is my interest. My heart doesn't bleed as e-z As it did.
CD
I’m no miser when it comes to helping people out with money who really need it. I bought a homeless man dinner when I saw he was rummaging through the trash. Some people think they all about another person based on a few posts on the internet.
was the direction, the whole short etc etc, women don't like me, i pay for dinner, don't care if she's broke but keep the baggage, asian women blah blah blah
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 357
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2019 4:04:22 PM
^^^ I have no idea what you’re trying to say or why you quoted my post.
 spectravision
Msg: 358
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2019 4:09:34 PM

You took a big dump in her cornflakes
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 359
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2019 4:16:28 PM
^^^^
You are in quite the funny mood today! Lol.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 360
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2019 4:25:24 PM

"So being 40 years older wasn't a deal breaker, it was being 5.4 that was important."
LOL. It seems it is mostly on line dating where people are so obsessed with age/height and other specifics. In real life people tend not to pay attention. Age for example.

I only partially agree, and since I am an over 65 and a short guy I think my experience should count for more.

I think age / height preferences are always there, but it's made much more obvious by being online. Online both tall and short men are made aware of it, while in real life only short men are generally aware of the height disadvantage.

In profiles woman can spell it out, in real life they don't walk around with signs on their back saying you must be this tall to ride. So men that are close to or above average height never even know about it. My guess is at around 5.5 - 5.6 men really start to see a difference in response.

IME height online is less important than in real life because I can access millions of women's profiles, and can write a profile that might get read and interest someone even if I am short. While in real life I will get eliminated before even getting a change to speak.

But age is the opposite.

In real life most people think I am 45-50, not 66. It's not like I wear a sign with my age on it. However, online I do have a sign, it's in my vitals of nearly all profiles. And pics online aren't reliable, my pic might be 10 years old. Energy levels can't come across in a profile. So online age is a bigger negative than height, granted men get a bit of a pass for age, but not when you are over XX age.

IMO the location that is the biggest negative for short men is the typical bar scene.

I have had a theory that I tend to have met a higher quality of woman than average because I am short. In relationships I never seem to encounter as many problems as average or above height men tell stories about.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 361
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2019 4:28:28 PM

As noble as this statement seems to be, it gets repeated so often in here that it really seems to be a "Canned" answer -- like when they stick a microphone in the face of Ms. Oklahoma asking why she wants to be Miss America. Nobody ever admits candidly they are in it for the scholarship money or prestige - which is really what the title is all about.

Where I see true character - is not in who people find attractive or desire in life -- but how they treat the people they don't.

If there is an unattractive someone who tries to introduce themselves, gets turned down, and walks away peacefully -- do you bad-mouth them the SAME way you would with some pushy azzhat who won't take 'no' for an answer after three hours? The obvious answer is, "No" - but the truth in behavior is closer than anyone would like to admit.

Drunk people will pile into a P.O.S. Uber ride without thinking twice about it -- but getting a ride home from anyone else in a vehicle worth less than $40,000 is 'beneath' them? Or maybe it's just that a rusty Dodge must be the token serial killer set of wheels?

How many times do you treat bar/food servers like they don't know what they are doing? How many servers do you know, and actually realize just what it takes to hustle stuff through a night? How many people get off on the idea they can 'punish' someone serving them - just because they can? How many of you b*tch about the food AFTER you get it when just a word or two when it was ordered the first time would have made it perfectly fine? OK - you didn't know it was going to have onions - but who's fault was it for NOT saying you hated them?

You may treat plenty of dates with respect - but how many do you label as "TOXIC" after just a phone call or a few text messages or a coffee meet? I hear that word tossed about all the time, and it is SERIOUSLY overused. Human beings are not "Toxic" unless they carry Ebola virus or something equally lethal. Treating them like an 'untouchable' for all of time just makes YOU look worse.

Maybe this is my version of vanity -- but I'd like to bring a clicker counter along on my next POF date, - and count how many "Oh my GAWDs" and words like "Toxic" - if they hit over a hundred, Date is over.
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 362
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2019 5:26:23 PM

Where I see true character - is not in who people find attractive or desire in life -- but how they treat the people they don't.

Good point.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 363
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2019 6:50:42 PM
Dragon I see what you mean. Age is a bit different than height. Online has a big benefit..namely you can really play the number game to the extreme. What I meant was that in real life they either like you or not and there isn't conscious qualifying going on. Online is like a menu where you pick what you want and real life is a buffet maybe?
I actually had an instant IRL just yesterday. Went to the bank and the teller who can't be over 26 is obviously into me. She is a very attractive Georgian, the country. I could easily get her out,if I was looking. 20 yr difference is irrelevant. She knows what she wants and doesn't bother asking.
 dragonbytes
Msg: 364
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2019 8:12:40 PM

Dragon I see what you mean. Age is a bit different than height. Online has a big benefit..namely you can really play the number game to the extreme. What I meant was that in real life they either like you or not and there isn't conscious qualifying going on. Online is like a menu where you pick what you want and real life is a buffet maybe?
I actually had an instant IRL just yesterday. Went to the bank and the teller who can't be over 26 is obviously into me. She is a very attractive Georgian, the country. I could easily get her out,if I was looking. 20 yr difference is irrelevant. She knows what she wants and doesn't bother asking.

Joe, I get where most people are coming from.

Real life cuts both ways, I can start up a convo with an attractive women in real life that I might think online I don't stand a chance with. But because we click it seems easier. Just that in real life you seldom are in the situation where you can have a more extended conversation, it's usually about instant like and dislike and short one liners.

I have never had anyone ask my age. I have had to show an ID to get a senior discount.

I get where women are coming from and the whole menu thing because I experienced that also.

When I had a profile on a Thai dating site, it was like my choice was nearly unlimited. I tended to cut off anyone over 43 down to 18. But if I were dating on a US dating site, I would date from 40-70. It's all about how much choice you have, if a woman has 100s of men wanting to date her, why not be picky and cut off all guys under 5.9? Sure you might miss out on a great guy, but there are a lot of great guys who are over 5.9 and you have to filter people out somehow, you can't talk to them all.

As far as dating a lot younger, in part it's about her friends. I might get along with a woman that is 25, but her friends are going to think it's weird and how often do I want to go rollerblading or do I really want to go to a slimefest concert and get green slime all over myself?
 dragonbytes
Msg: 365
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2019 8:21:45 PM

But how tall was she? If she was 5'0", IRL, as AdvJoe pointed out, I would think it'd differ IRL vs Online. But that's not to say it'd still be negative IRL when you're notably short. But in that case, it'd be safe to say the age+height combo would be the deal breaker, at least.

I think she was average, maybe 5.3. BUT she did have in her profile she was looking for taller men. I didn't think too much about it as I wasn't thinking of a date, just someone close by to ride a bike with.

Trying to be helpful, I pointed out that putting that in her profile might turn off taller men making them think she was superficial and she could always just turn down dates on a case by case basis.

She mentioned in her profile she lived with her mom, I probably started the convo off on the wrong foot like a date, saying something like I didn't think her mom would approve of me. (because of the age difference) It was a long time ago and I remember it because it was amusing to me that her first objection was height.
 julystorm22
Msg: 366
view profile
History
Posted: 4/2/2019 9:07:09 PM
That situation it wasn't because of height, just basically about what came out of his mouth. But when it comes to height, I think women don't want people seeing them with a shorter man and I think men who are shorter might feel self-conscious about it too. I think many of us could live with a mismatched height if we didn't have to be seen in public with each other. Even moreso with weight. A lot of men who are into bigger women don't want their friends/family to be with bigger women.
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 367
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2019 9:09:11 AM

As for Asians liking ..white guys,
I’m happy to report that through my own hands on, penetrating, in depth studies IRL, I've cum to the conclusion Asian chicks do like white guys.

Things like height and hair aren't as important as character, charm, intelligence and empathy.
Yes, and in the ‘70s and ‘80s, height OFhair was as of vital importance also.

Maybe the average % is equal, but the fact remains if a gal is porked by 10 guys each 10 times, she had sex 100 times and each guy only had sex 10 times. The one woman did have more partners and more casual sex than each of the 10 guys. It is easier for women to find casual sex.
But there are 9 other woman in your scenario who remain unporked….unless some of those 10 guys cum along and do some cross-porking. Which is generally what would happen. Which ruins your assertion. For every woman that gets porked 10x, per your scenario, there is a woman who gets porked only a few times or hardly ever, which means that on an individual basis, there are many women who do less porking than many men. NG is right, the total amount of casual sex has to be equal between men and women. It’s math. Cuz there has to be a man to conduct a proper porking for each women porked.

Also just because women can get it more easily – that I do agree with – doesn’t mean they DO go out and get it. I would imagine that there’s a woman volcel (voluntary celibate) out there for every male incel. The fact that there are some prodigious porkers out there doesn’t change the overall porking law of nature: Every porker has an equal and opposite porkee.

A man is more interested in the woman herself rather than what she can give him.
This is one of the very few things you write that I agree with. But even it's not an absolute.

I'm at the age where when I take my glasses off, most men look hot...as do I
This is just…f*g…sad. But true. Why did you have to write this and whu did I have to read it. “Beer goggles,” without the beer. Even though it saves me money on beer, I’m not happy about it. Sigh.

Men and women are better off not living together at all. If I'm ever dumb enough to do it, I hope someone kills me.,
SHe would likely fulfill your hopes.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 368
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2019 2:46:20 PM

Every porker has an equal and opposite porkee.

And they both taste great roasted over open flame with BBQ sauce.
 Inicia
Msg: 369
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2019 4:54:30 PM

wasn't answering anything you asked me. so you wouldn't have clue. so if you are not pig or CD, whom i clearly addressed in my post, not you. move on. if u don't know of can't follow the board, what do you care?
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 370
view profile
History
Posted: 4/3/2019 11:08:03 PM

She was criticizing the quote -- of what you said, was what her point was, which was kinda harsh. She added in something about you not liking Asian women, but I think she mixed you up with Dragon...

I think she was average, maybe 5.3. BUT she did have in her profile she was looking for taller men. I didn't think too much about it as I wasn't thinking of a date, just someone close by to ride a bike with.

Online from a dating site, their tastes are going to be the same coming from a stranger, even if his/her mindset is to hang out in non-date mode.

I probably started the convo off on the wrong foot like a date, saying something like I didn't think her mom would approve of me. (because of the age difference) It was a long time ago and I remember it because it was amusing to me that her first objection was height.

Probably because you already pointed out the age part, and since she put the height thing in her profile, I think her point was that you didn't meat her "threshold" anyway. Of course you could replied back with, "Well, what about your mom?" :)

I think women don't want people seeing them with a shorter man and I think men who are shorter might feel self-conscious about it too. I think many of us could live with a mismatched height if we didn't have to be seen in public with each other.

Your last sentence is a good point -- as I believe that too, but much moreso with gals, more directly. If in an alternate universe it somehow didn't affect girls at all, guys wouldn't mind that much. For a roll in the hey-hey-hey, a guy's Not going to turn down a 6 foot blonde who wants a good raw porking. "No way brah, you hook up with her. I'm only 5'10", and her long sexy legs in those heels makes her gorgeous face a good few inches higher than mine."

Even moreso with weight. A lot of men who are into bigger women don't want their friends/family to be with bigger women.

Guys who are into bigger women don't want their friends & family to be with them? He wants them all to himself?? I think there's more than enough bigger women to go around, here in the USA!
Posted: 4/4/2019 2:27:45 AM
Some of the guys I went to school with back in the day pursued the undesirable girls and referred to them as "mopeds". (fun to ride, but you don't want to be seen in public with them)

I've never understood how anyone could bang someone they're not physically attracted to, myself. Rather stupid.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 372
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2019 3:14:42 AM

I’m happy to report that through my own hands on, penetrating, in depth studies IRL, I've cum to the conclusion Asian chicks do like white guys.

Yes they do. It’s actually Asian men that don’t seem that interested in white women. I’ve only seen a few relationships between Asian men and white women, but I’ve never heard Asian guys complain that white women won’t date them. They must not care that much.

But there are 9 other woman in your scenario who remain unporked….unless some of those 10 guys cum along and do some cross-porking. Which is generally what would happen. Which ruins your assertion.

The other 9 gals are those who slept with all 10 guys but claim that they never have casual sex. That’s why surveys are so skewed - because people aren’t gonna tell ya truth. Men commonly claim to have twice as many sexual partners than women.
 Inicia
Msg: 373
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2019 4:34:39 AM
i was indeed utilizing "that post" however, my criticism, as NG noted, was directed to many of the posts. my original criticism was addressed in general to cheap, mizer, mopers who post '"stereotypical critical absolutes of the female population" as an innocent, gentle curiosity about "all women always behaving in a way" that causes men distress. i was indeed responding to those, who asked me specific questions.
giving an readily available post. next time i will revisit every whiny ass, topic " woe is me, my poor manhood, in this horrible unfair dating arena" Just the complaints about paying for dinner and height alone , probably consume 300+pgs. of quotes.
No the only Man involved with your survey women. was Magic Johnson. So all the men were lying, they read his book while jacking called it sex, lol.
btw
For a roll in the hey-hey-hey, a guy's Not going to turn down a 6 foot blonde who wants a good raw porking. "No way brah, you hook up with her. I'm only 5'10", and her long sexy legs in those heels makes her gorgeous face a good few inches higher than mine."
this was true for me, as the reigning world champ in my youth of cashing in on short dudes insecurities , got a lot of tail lol, casual free at its best.
 spectravision
Msg: 374
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2019 7:47:06 AM
^^ Is that a bogey up your nose?
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 375
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2019 8:04:02 AM
Dragon
So being 40 years older wasn't a deal breaker
There are a lot of younger women out there that are classic c*ck fans.

NG:
but I think she mixed you up with Dragon...
Sure, all those white guys look the same.

NG:
Guys who are into bigger women don't want their friends & family to be with them? He wants them all to himself??
Ahh…it’s the ol’ BBW hoarding syndrome. Sure he wants them all to himself, haven’t you heard of their self celebratory song, “It’s Raining BBWs?”

Danimal:

And they both taste great roasted over open flame with BBQ sauce.
Hmmm….so have you just come out as bi, to the board? Didn’t um, peg you to be that type.

Kokanee:

The other 9 gals are those who slept with all 10 guys but claim that they never have casual sex. That’s why surveys are so skewed
So the women are skewing the survey about being skewed?

- because people aren’t gonna tell ya truth. Men commonly claim to have twice as many sexual partners than women.
The # of partners is a different thing than the amount of casual sex, in my view. You can have casual sex every day of the week, with, say 3 partners. That’s 7 porkings, 3 porkees. Just cuz it's a repeat porking doesn’t mean it’s anything other than casual. But I’m still not sure of your overriding point about this.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Women always wanting men quite taller than them