Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Women always wanting men quite taller than them      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Inicia
Msg: 376
view profile
History
Women always wanting men quite taller than themPage 16 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
did you skip your wheaties, just reach up there and snatch the boogie if you r hungry. fine by me , welcome to it.
 julystorm22
Msg: 377
view profile
History
Women always wanting men quite taller than them
Posted: 4/4/2019 8:17:59 AM

Guys who are into bigger women don't want their friends & family to be with them? He wants them all to himself?? I think there's more than enough bigger women to go around, here in the USA

Sigh....I wrote that wrong. I meant that many guys who actually are attracted to bigger women don't want friends and family to know they are.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 378
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2019 9:14:45 AM
^^^ The majority of people in both Canada and the United States are now clinically overweight. Has that stopped them from dating and getting into relationships?
 spectravision
Msg: 379
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2019 10:19:19 AM

did you skip your wheaties, just reach up there and snatch the boogie if you r hungry. fine by me , welcome to it.

I was tempted, but decided to go with double cheeseburger and fries, and with not having my wheaties I'd end up looking like a scabby horse with such a small ration

The majority of people in both Canada and the United States are now clinically overweight. Has that stopped them from dating and getting into relationships?

She is correct in quite a few instances. I've worked with blokes that were like wtf when I said I don't mind fat girls if they're the kind of fat I like. Curvy yes, shaped like sponge bob no lol.

Some of these blokes end up with fat girls which makes you think they're all talk. Mind you seen blokes end up with women who steal from supermarkets with 5 kids just so they aren't lonley oh and they fat too
 Inicia
Msg: 380
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2019 5:16:16 PM
it is unfortunate that A. many have solely superficial physical attraction, for whatever reason-brown eyes over blue, or only green-but we do. B. it is sad that we feel judged by others for these human attractions C. they become scientific government funded research project s D)it takes so much of our life To wade through all the nonsense to be happy/content with self and choices stop judging ourselves and others.
sorry there wasn't more to offer up my nose lol SV can't have scabby malnutritioned horses ??
Posted: 4/4/2019 5:46:18 PM

it takes so much of our life To wade through all the nonsense to be happy/content with self and choices

Tell me about it. I am in such a weird headspace right now. I've got a tug-of-war going on that I feel will never have a declared winner.

Sex without commitment is great in the moment, but there's *after* the moment to contend with. In the after moments, I feel like I'm doing nothing more than feeding an addiction that doesn't ultimately lead to long-lasting fulfillment, yet I can't envision myself in a relationship ever again. They're risky, harder than ever to sustain, often nothing more than an illusion, and honestly, they're a responsibility. A responsibility I feel I just can't handle.
 Seamist474
Msg: 382
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2019 6:32:13 PM

Tell me about it. I am in such a weird headspace right now. I've got a tug-of-war going on that I feel will never have a declared winner.

Sex without commitment is great in the moment, but there's *after* the moment to contend with. In the after moments, I feel like I'm doing nothing more than feeding an addiction that doesn't ultimately lead to long-lasting fulfillment, yet I can't envision myself in a relationship ever again. They're risky, harder than ever to sustain, often nothing more than an illusion, and honestly, they're a responsibility. A responsibility I feel I just can't handle.

I think you nailed it and spoke your truth. I think many feel the same way, many won't admit it though. I think that is why many of us gave up the illusive "hunt" for happiness and should sort ourselves out first and learn to be content, happy, satisfied from within before trying to share ourselves. The "hunt" IS addictive and sometimes you have to give it up for awhile, give it up for longer than a nano second or Lent.

You've grown, mind you, you were always wise ....with an edge.

Bluemoon
Posted: 4/4/2019 7:21:24 PM
For me, it's not even about the hunt from a perspective of trying to continuously upgrade. It's all about avoiding. Avoiding relationships because I know how the mere attempt at them would play out. I'll be the first to admit I want to control them. I only want to see a woman *when* I want to, but there always comes that inevitable time where she grows tired of complying, then it's time to move on and replace her. I still have a libido to take care of.

It's also not about needing variety, just the aforementioned desire to have everything go my way. I have a lot of interests that have nothing to do with women, which I feel require being alone if I'm going to be productive or truly enjoy them. This is where the shit hits the fan because many women feel we should be doing nearly everything together, and the very second I express needing alone time, they become suspicious and untrusting.

The effects of this "tug of war" didn't truly hit me until about 6 months ago, and it has left me stumped on what the hell to do about it.
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 384
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2019 8:37:05 PM
^How did you get so selfish?

Just curious what event precipitated the idea that your wants should always take priority.

Here's a novel concept....what if....we started thinking....."What...do I/ can I...add to someone else's life? " :)

Me? I can drive someone crazy...but at least they won't be bored. Lol
 julystorm22
Msg: 385
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2019 8:52:50 PM
This is what happens when we have too many choices presented to us in life. Eventually we realize all the choices are actually just illusions. Once upon a time people married the person in front of them: the one down the street, the one at church, the one at the baseball game, the one at the cafe, the one from school. Now we have a town, a city, a country, a continent and a whole world to find "the one". We have become way too selfish in today's world and look for what we can get from someone rather than trying to give them something. We have way too much time for fun now and there's so much to distract us from wanting deep meaningful relationships: cell phones, computers, television, toys, games, concerts, etc. Sometimes you just have to pick a person and actually be with them, get to know them, love them, put up with them, and appreciate that there's value in all these things
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 386
view profile
History
Posted: 4/4/2019 9:08:50 PM

How did you get so selfish?

Just curious what event precipitated the idea that your wants should always take priority.

Here's a novel concept....what if....we started thinking....."What...do I/ can I...add to someone else's life? " :)

Me? I can drive someone crazy...but at least they won't be bored. Lol

Everybody makes relationship choices based on what they feel is right for them. People who won’t commit to a long term relationship are not necessarily selfish. They may be very willing to help other people, even though it means sacrificing their own self interest. I don’t see how what you said can apply to dating and relationships.
Posted: 4/5/2019 2:27:53 AM

^How did you get so selfish?

By once being the complete antithesis of selfish and discovering it only got me taken advantage of. I can also honestly say I have never been in a relationship where it didn't go South once I revealed having feelings for the woman. Sure, they ate it up for about a grand total of five minutes, but that eventual "turn" always took place.

I don't expect any woman here to actually admit to being this way, but I have personally known a few who have. One, in particular, told me a man letting his feelings be known exposed his vulnerability, and she felt like she could walk all over him at that point, which she found a total turn off. I thanked her profusely for her honesty.

I can drive someone crazy

Therein lies another problem. I've had my fill of "crazy". I'll take serenity and comfort over it any day, but it's a pipe dream at best. We can never *know* with 100% certainty someone truly loves us, will always be there, and wouldn't think of inflicting harm. That's a big issue for me.

This is what happens when we have too many choices presented to us in life.

Yes, the paradox of too many choices. The illusion there's always something better right around the proverbial corner. It exists on a massive scale this day and age, but as I said, it doesn't apply to me. I have no compulsion to constantly upgrade. I've experienced meeting a couple of women who I had nothing but tunnel vision for in the internet age, but it just couldn't be for all the reasons I've stated.
 julystorm22
Msg: 388
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2019 4:33:14 AM
Pig, is it that you purposely pick a certain type of woman? Do you keep picking apples hoping they'll taste like oranges?
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 389
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2019 4:50:03 AM
Thank you for answering with such forthrightness, Mr. Pig.

Now....given this history....you still seem to have a lot of...."I wants...I needs".

So...I ask...what do you give? What do you bring to a "relationship"? And...if you are seeking more than a one night stand...it is some variation of a relationship....so what value can you add to another person's life? Or do you simply only concern yourself with your wants/needs?

Msg: 386

"I don’t see how what you said can apply to dating and relationships."

This does not surprise me. :)
 spectravision
Msg: 390
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2019 6:18:24 AM

It's also not about needing variety, just the aforementioned desire to have everything go my way. I have a lot of interests that have nothing to do with women, which I feel require being alone if I'm going to be productive or truly enjoy them. This is where the shit hits the fan because many women feel we should be doing nearly everything together, and the very second I express needing alone time, they become suspicious and untrusting.

Tell them upfront this is the case and they know what they're getting into from the beginning. I know easier said than done once things progress with time that they try to change the goal posts. Best to be upfront the worst that happens you end up back just having NSA.

I had a relationship from this site and I remember sat on a sofa thinking. Is this the rest of my life. She was proper selfish and only interested in numero uno. Luckily, she showed her true colours not so long after that. I was like Ben Johnson getting out of there It affected me for quite a while that woman's crap.

My Son wouldn't even meet the Woman in question because she was that much of a clown. This was 18 months after me and his Mother broke up from being 17 years together. Now people would think awkward teenager. The thing is 4 days later he was giving my mobile number to another Woman.

Stick true to yourself and your hobbies because you'll severely regret it in time. I could of just said that
 julystorm22
Msg: 391
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2019 6:33:32 AM
spectravision, that stuff about your son not wanting to meet one woman and trying to get you with another woman is something you should really pay heed to. I remember my dad bringing his girlfriend down to meet us kids. I was 19 at the time. After getting to know her after a couple days I knew I truly couldn't stand her. We were outside working with the horses and my dad asked me what I thought. I told him I thought she was an attention-seeking, annoying, jealous woman and that he needed to dump her asap. I outlined why I thought that way and my dad didn't disagree with much of it and told me he was going to break up with her when they went back to BC where they lived. I was at work 2 weeks later and my dad told me he'd married her. I was furious and that instant was actually the straw that broke the camel's back. Our relationship was never the same after that and subsequent visits proved my dad was miserable with her. When they divorced 3 years later I didn't say I told you so. Ironically, soon after my dad married her I hooked up with the loser ex despite me knowing he was a loser. People get with someone wrong with them because they don't want to be alone but IMO, after making that mistake myself, I realize sometimes being alone is better than being with the wrong person.
Posted: 4/5/2019 6:34:50 AM

Pig, is it that you purposely pick a certain type of woman?

No. I pick women, and whether anyone wants to believe it or not, while they may possess varying preferences, they still harbor biological commonalities.

So...I ask...what do you give? What do you bring to a "relationship"?

Let's see. If a woman manages to seep her way into the lump of charcoal known as my heart, I offer...

Loyalty. I'm a stickler for it. If I commit to a woman, not even the offer of an orgy with 10 Victoria Secret models could break me.

Protection. If anyone hurts her, I will make it my life's mission to f*cking destroy them.

Attentiveness. I will notice everything ranging from the very significant to the mundane. If she happens to part her hair to the other side one day, I'll notice. She changed the color of her nail polish? I'll notice. If she responds to something positively on an emotional level, I'll notice, and make sure she's subjected to it again.

Imagination in how I express myself. For example, if we have a particularly memorable night at a certain venue, I will swipe something from it, then place it in her purse in the middle of the night for her to come across the next day or a few days later as a reminder.

Affection. Yes, I actually have it in me. The problem? As I mentioned earlier, that's when the end begins. They are drawn to the bad a$s, take no shit, in control, distant, stone cold Pig, but the instant I display any sensitivity, that's when everything turns around. I can see why one might be compelled to compare this phenomenon to a cat and dangling string above their heads. Once the cat captures the string and chews on it a bit, it no longer wants anything to do with it.

Compromise. Just kidding. That's where I struggle.

Tell them upfront this is the case and they know what they're getting into from the beginning.

I often do, but they believe they can change it.
 Inicia
Msg: 393
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2019 7:15:19 AM
amazingly, putting ourselves and the nurturing of our personal emotional needs first, supercede the possibilities of a healthy relationships.The concept of Sacrifice as a Prerequisite for a loving committed relationship is a fallacy. The minute a compromise is viewed as a sacrifice(doesn't matter which one perceives, breeds resentment, manipulation, boundary exploitation) indeed "sacrifice" is an aspect of maladaptive codependent personality, emotional blackmail -trainwreck!. It behooves monogamous relationships to pair with meshed ideas of time and energy commitment. And if Being separate while in a relationship causes Jealousy, fear, vulnerability ,we may think the other person is cheating or doesn't care, needy, weak, insecure etc etc? the thoughts may be reality, therefore if we can't even trust that aspect, one or both have no business, choosing to have a committed, monogamous relationship.??if we haven't and aren't happy and commit in honor of self ( monogamy )how can we share a non existent love?
 ssm508
Msg: 394
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2019 7:23:49 AM

I don't think a woman who lacks money is at much of a disadvantage when it comes to dating IF she doesn't have kids.

Being a young single mother (such as under 30) can be disadvantage because probably most men around her age are looking for a woman without kids and there are many women in that age group that don't have kids. Not as much as a disadvantage for a somewhat older single mother that is around 40. Probably most other women around her age would also have kids. A higher percentage of men at that age would accept a single mother because insisting on dating a woman without kids would severely limit their dating pool. Unless they went after much younger women.

Honestly, I don't see what's wrong with lots of casual sex, as long as it's between
two consenting adults who practice safe sex. People seem to think there's something
wrong with people who have sex outside of a relationship, like it's dirty or
slutty, when the reality is, sex is a natural thing.

Agreed. There have been threads on POF (and elsewhere) where some people stated having casual sex means a person has low esteem or other mental / emotional problems. Sure that can be true in some instances. But claiming that applies to all or most people that have casual sex is a broad generalization. Sometimes people can simply enjoy sex for what it is without any additional expectations or commitments.
 Inicia
Msg: 395
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2019 7:30:22 AM
so tall young single men without children prefer shorter single women without children? middle aged shorter women with children prefer taller men with of without children? any divorced people in existence or no? most times having money man woman whatever increases options across the board, every sphere of life-gone are the days when casual sex was overarchingly considered maladaptive or deviant in usa's culture, manly an idea maintained in certain religious communities.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 396
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2019 8:29:16 AM

Agreed. There have been threads on POF (and elsewhere) where some people stated having casual sex means a person has low esteem or other mental / emotional problems. Sure that can be true in some instances. But claiming that applies to all or most people that have casual sex is a broad generalization. Sometimes people can simply enjoy sex for what it is without any additional expectations or commitments.

Yeah, that is just a term so called prudes use to describe the women who like sex. Shows low self esteem in itself to think that way. There was that broad from the UK who would say that every other post. I was like " I eat vanilla ice cream cause it tastes good" so why wouldn't I do something that feels good?". Life is too short!

As for men having casual sex..why not? Biologically(imperative) the male of most species are driven to have "sex" with different partners. As we know most men are more close to their biological nature when I comes to these things. Long live the caveman!

In an evolution of sex study below :

"In reaching its conclusions, the study applied what has become the standard paradigm in evolutionary psychology. This paradigm says that our real-world sexual choices tend to reflect biological imperatives that have, over the course of millions of years, programmed men and women to approach sex very differently. For women, pregnancy is a difficult, costly process, and raising children even more so, meaning that sex must be taken seriously. By and large, biology conditions women to avoid casual sex and to connect sex with love. It also pushes them to look for good providers who tend to be older and wealthier.

Men, on the other hand, have lots of love to give at no cost to themselves, and they behave in ways that will spread their genes as widely as possible. On this theory, men will settle down with a woman who is fertile and whose fidelity is assured, in order to have legitimate offspring. But they will also sleep around as much as they can, especially with women who possess the key ‘fertility cues’ of youth and physical beauty."

Actually , unfortunately, that novel concept is still deeply rooted in selfishness because , like most altruistic human behavior, there is a need to "feel good" and doing good deeds makes us feel good! I do cat rescue does that make me selfless? Nope because I like them. Now if I was doing****oach rescue then it truly would be selfless, but my own interests converge with my actions. Same with my job, I rescued people but I did it for pay/bennies. Would I do it for free? Nope.

Most good deeds people do has a bit of selfishness.

When there is unconditional love we are more likely to be selfless, but that is usual reserved for close family.
 Inicia
Msg: 397
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2019 8:39:47 AM
so if unconditional love is "selfless" what is shared, two non selves: funny we only love each other in absence of a self ; if we were not based from personal loci of the world we might find a human capacity to support this myth. As stated Aj70 you and the****aoch have
attained unconditional love.
as stated women with lucrative personal financial support determine a child birth, rearing totally different than those without, evolution by its nature does not stop, now after minimal decades of women in the workforce we have already realized an evolution in the numerous real casual or otherwise single mother experiences obtained..
yeah it's so telling when one supports male non evolved caveman behavior, but woman
's evolved social emotional behavior, herd, is a reality check: research reveals that cavewomen to guarantee protection of offspring, by your big horny cavemen, took their young nubile fertile bodies ie, love, to as many healthy males as possible in her group..
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 398
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2019 9:19:00 AM
"Sex without commitment is great in the moment, but there's *after* the moment to contend with."

>>>casual sex, celebacy, relationships all have a cost and a benefit. we have to choose what cost isn't worth paying, and learn to accept living with the benefits. i think seamist was the one who nailed it on the head. we aren't going to find constant happiness, but we can find comfort. of course, we want to be sparked on a constant rate, and sometimes that's by a constant supply of "shiny and new". its easier for attractive people to find casual sex than a partner who is at the same point in their lives, and thus have the same needs and therefore can have a healthy relationship. so what is wrong with the glass half full? not all happiness will be found, but that brings us back to cost versus benefit.

when your life is a routine, its easier to work someone into your schedule. when you are a creator, however, the muse strikes whenever she does. if your friends contribute, they fit into your schedule. romantic partners, unfortunately, can become the "mind cleanser"., like sorbet between rich meals. it does all seem self focused, but we are just as enslaved by the creative voice in our head--we just gotta let it out and see what it can accomplish. what can further strain a relationship like this, is if we are their source of happiness. if we are their conquest. then it hurts them that we have our own pursuit (but helps if they are creative in their own field and need their own time)

certain women live by catstring theory. i tried dating two, and mine were even more fustrating b/c they were attentive. they rememebered things you liked that you mentioned a month ago and forgot. it was great to have a woman who actually cared. or acted like it--b/c once you complimented them, poof, they were after the next guy to win over. and i get why a genetically beautiful woman (ie, never needs makeup) gets sick of doormat men. she's used to a lifetime of men so excited by how she makes them feel with her beauty, that they can't turn it off. they don't want to be doormats, they can't stop it either. its like having chocolate and lobster for every meal.

crazy can be fun when its not directed at you, b/c its energetic. better to have an intelligent woman, one who is naturally curious and can't turn off that energy. the problem is when she's better at things you love than you are :) but the other problem is, we can only truly recognize an intelligence level that we have ourselves. otherwise, that "creative artist" is just a weirdo and their splashes on canvas is just something 0ur5 yr old could do.

Pig gave a list of what he offers, and not to pick on it in the least, but...its what all nice guys should provide to a woman. its also what guys out of their league provide, hoping to hold onto this unicorn. a problem with trying to make a relationship work, is that makes it a separate entity. a relationship should be a side effect that comes out of two people falling for each other. it is tough to "put it out there" to make a relationship work, but a good tactic is to give only what you can afford to lose. it will still hurt to lose it, but you know you can recover. still,when you do fall in love, you see it less as what you give away. instead its just something you share b/c it doesn't occur not to.
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 399
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2019 9:37:31 AM
Mr. Pig...

This....

"Attentiveness. I will notice everything ranging from the very significant to the mundane. If she happens to part her hair to the other side one day, I'll notice. She changed the color of her nail polish? I'll notice. If she responds to something positively on an emotional level, I'll notice, and make sure she's subjected to it again.

Imagination in how I express myself. For example, if we have a particularly memorable night at a certain venue, I will swipe something from it, then place it in her purse in the middle of the night for her to come across the next day or a few days later as a reminder.

Affection. Yes, I actually have it in me. The problem? As I mentioned earlier, that's when the end begins. They are drawn to the bad a$s, take no shit, in control, distant, stone cold Pig, but the instant I display any sensitivity, that's when everything turns around. I can see why one might be compelled to compare this phenomenon to a cat and dangling string above their heads. Once the cat captures the string and chews on it a bit, it no longer wants anything to do with it"

...is quite lovely. :)

But...(there always is one...lol) those qualities seem to only pertain to ...

....."If a woman manages to seep her way into the lump of charcoal known as my heart, ..."

Which you profess not to want. So what do you have to offer a woman who doesn't manage to seep into your heart...which... is what you are looking for?

Joey...Joey..Joey!

"Actually , unfortunately, that novel concept is still deeply rooted in selfishness because , like most altruistic human behavior, there is a need to "feel good" and doing good deeds makes us feel good!"

What choir do you think you are preaching to? Lol

I was not speaking of altruism. ;)
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 400
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2019 10:06:43 AM
^^^^
English is your friend!LOL.

I am not sure what you are saying. Your posts usually are filled with broken paragraphs. I will assume your writing on a very small cell phone? I quite understand because I am not a good typist myself ,but it makes it hard to understand. But I will try to break down what it looks like you might be saying( If I offend I truly don't mean to because your writing is just really hard to decipher unless one is the Riddler or Charlie Browns teacher..joking :) )

As stated Aj70 you and the****aoch have
attained unconditional love.

Not sure I understand your meaning, but it might be that you misunderstood my meaning. To rephrase my meaning: it is more selfless when we do things to help others we DON'T like because we receive no reward. I don't help roaches so your point is moot. As for breaking down the meaning of words that is pointless.

as stated women with lucrative personal financial support determine a child birth, rearing totally different than those without, evolution by its nature does not stop, now after minimal decades of women in the workforce we have already realized an evolution in the numerous real casual or otherwise single mother experiences obtained..

Unfortunately, that is at best a cultural evolution. It has nothing to do with biological imperatives, which takes much longer to form. Also like you said it has been decades. For a more decisive change it will need centuries , and be embraced worldwide. Over 75% of the worlds women haven't reached the evolution you speak of.

yeah it's so telling when one supports male non evolved caveman behavior, but woman
's evolved social emotional behavior, herd, is a reality check:

Well that is what the study showed.

However, it is just reality. Men have not as a group evolved biologically past their "biological imperatives" when it comes to sex. There is no reason for us to do so that will add value to our lives. I do remember a change when AIDS was the scare of the town, but that has faded.

As for women's "social emotional behavior" evolving: as stated above it isn't really inclusive of the women gender as a whole worldwide. But the irony is the so called opponents of this women so called evolution you speak about is from my experience OTHER women. As stated, on the forum it has generally been other women insulting women who have casual sex. Prudes vs non prudes. Never once has I seen a man say anything negative about it here.

research reveals that cavewomen to guarantee protection of offspring, by your big horny cavemen, took their young nubile fertile bodies ie, love, to as many healthy males as possible in her group..

Please link the "herd" that does that. Knowing men, more likely a male will kill the women's offspring (Infanticide?)that are from another male, and throughout history this has happened.

Funny because that is what Lions do but our "house cats" are able to avoid that. Most people don't realize that a female cat gives birth to a litter of kittens that have different fathers( Superfecundation).

What choir do you think you are preaching to? Lol

I was not speaking of altruism. ;)

Love ...I was just playing with you as always. Yes I know your educational background is quite similar to mine and we could just have well have been preached to by the same witch doctor! You do live in the city of magic and dreams come true!

Here's one:
CAN'T WE ALL BE FRIENDS, CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG" MUHAHAHA

PS- I agree with every thing PIG said because he makes me to... but he did make me raise an eyebrow a few times. I suspect he needs to watch Conan the Barbarian a few more times today to get in the right mindset.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Women always wanting men quite taller than them