Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Women always wanting men quite taller than them      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Inicia
Msg: 401
view profile
History
Women always wanting men quite taller than themPage 17 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
preaching to a j f kennedy supporter (literary borrowing)or social influence from that era lol.. lol uncle sam wants you, this is what you can do for others, best gift https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP8kGOqbcTU
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 402
view profile
History
Women always wanting men quite taller than them
Posted: 4/5/2019 10:41:56 AM
Joey...

" If I offend I truly don't mean to because your writing is just really hard to decipher unless one is the Riddler or Charlie Browns teacher..joking :) )"

Weird! My late husband use to say this about me (not my writing) all the time! And I can't be sure if he was joking. :/

I can promise you...there is usually a method to my madness. Operative word being...usually. ;)

Let me clarify for you.

My question..."What...do I/ can I...add to someone else's life? "...was not about selflessness or altruism.

It was an observation that we (the collective) have a tendency to focus on what we want/need...without ever taking true stock of what we realistically bring to the table of any relationship...as evidenced by the faults we find in others, who may very well be expressing the very same wants/ needs from their own egocentric perspective.
Posted: 4/5/2019 10:46:42 AM

Which you profess not to want. So what do you have to offer a woman who doesn't manage to seep into your heart...which... is what you are looking for?

It's not that I don't "want" one per se. It's just that I don't believe they can work, which only leaves me with the option of continuing with the alternative, and I honestly can't believe I am here stating that it can get old. It's really a shitty predicament.

What irks me even more is the fact I can easily find a dozen women willing to throw a relationship at me immediately, but I have absolutely nothing other than a physical attraction to them, yet woman #13 will come along with every quality I could ever want, and she will be the one who doesn't want to move on from us "dating" to an actual commitment.

Eh, BaldwinMotionPhaselll? I see you chimed in. Your writing style looks like Mustang's. Is that you?

I suspect he needs to watch Conan the Barbarian a few more times today to get in the right mindset.

bahaha. Well, in the time I was away from here, let's just say some weird shit happened, and hopefully, it's just a phase.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 404
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2019 10:49:08 AM
Gotcha. That is true.
Actually my whole profile is about what I bring to the table. So much so..it becomes egocentric LOL
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 405
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2019 10:56:41 AM
Mr. Pig...

"yet woman #13 will come along with every quality I could ever want, and she will be the one who doesn't want to move on from us "dating" to an actual commitment."

Did you tell her...I Want to Know What Love Is? You should. Don't be such a Foreigner. :D
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 406
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2019 11:16:51 AM
Actually to get back on to the subject:a short 5 foot girl( dwarf girl?) wrote me and she had a comment about not dating short men which I will copy and paste below. I guess it is true, some women REALLY want a guy much taller than they are themselves and can be quite obnoxious about it.

"I’m not superficial (bald is sexy, a few extra pounds we can lose it together), but I seem to be a magnet for the “short” men... you may think I am “perfect” for you, but I have divorced that and now seeking someone who can reach things off the top shelf not on his tippy toes. Under 5 10” please pass me by."
Posted: 4/5/2019 11:17:31 AM

Did you tell her...I Want to Know What Love Is? You should. Don't be such a Foreigner. :D

Hell no. Bringing up wanting a relationship is the single worst thing a man can do if the woman hasn't mentioned it first. Women have no qualms whatsoever about bringing the subject up if that's what they're wanting. However, in my case, it was flip-flopping back and forth on her end, and I just kept my mouth shut about what I wanted.
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 408
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2019 11:35:31 AM
^" However, in my case, it was flip-flopping back and forth on her end, and I just kept my mouth shut about what I wanted."

Sounds like you met someone as commitment phobic as you. Or just wishy-washy. Or someone who was unable to interpret your response when she broached the subject, hence, the flip-flopping.

Ahh! But it is a moot point because you..."kept your mouth shut".

You did save yourself some dignity...so there's that. :)
 backcreek7
Msg: 409
view profile
History
Posted: 4/5/2019 10:49:58 PM
... I'm not sure ~ but a successful relationship may be determined by an un -written bond, like two knowing each other so well, they know what each other is thinking ( that's bats*hit crazy in love, right reason ? ) ... I've noticed this when I'm around a couple who you can tell > is overly bats*hit crazy with one another, you can just feel it. It's in their eyes, mannerisms and the respect given on both sides. It looks kind of like a fuzzy glaze in the eyes, and they both act like they're a little tipsy. They can't stop lookin' at each other, and they seem to stutter when conversing together.

... And this all sounds, not so difficult huh ? ( but it is ) Throw 1 & 1 together and you have two sharing their lives, does this mean it is forever after, statistics probably say no! Maybe the REAL solution of a successful relationship might be, both becoming major BATS*HIT in love with each other. >>>> & Ps? Reckon I thought I was bats*hit in love quite a few times, but now I know that ~ don't reckon I was . Welp, that's my opinion, and I'm stickin' to it >>> it's either batshi*t in love, or the relationship is destined to fail ...

... heart / bats*hit love / sun ...
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 410
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2019 7:16:00 AM
good catch, Pigorama. L'post, c'est moi. I have to drive to a public library to get around my banishment from the church of POF (and b/c you're going to ask why, the same reason d'etre you do. even when we argue with others, we learn).

i concur, its not great for a man to bring up a relationship first. it appears clingy too often. a lady is always ready to bring it up when she is ready, and many times in a romantic relationship, things move smoother when the lady is a willing participant. even more with a partner who flip flops. either they are a flake, or they are afraid to admit to what they really want, or their purpose in dating is the thrill of winning a game.

to take millions' prior point a step further...knowing what we bring to the table, helps when the love statement comes up. if someone were to blurt out they love me, i'd ask what it is they love. hopefully, their list matches mine. otherwise, their list probably consists of how they feel when we're together...which sounds a bit like being in love, with being in love.
 Inicia
Msg: 411
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2019 10:39:08 AM

things move smoother when the lady is a willing participant.
the luggage contents, tagged the passenger no-fly- TSA agent "Obvious" declared; " no way to cautiously and safely sort the contents without delaying the flight and we have a fully booked flight!"
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 412
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2019 12:56:00 PM

The # of partners is a different thing than the amount of casual sex, in my view. You can have casual sex every day of the week, with, say 3 partners. That’s 7 porkings, 3 porkees. Just cuz it's a repeat porking doesn’t mean it’s anything other than casual. But I’m still not sure of your overriding point about this.

A man can pork 10 women out of a hundred, but it’s extremely difficult- he’d have to be an exceptional alpha male. Even an average women could get porked by 10 guys out of 100 if she let herself be. Promiscuous women are more rare, but they do exist. There probably will be 1/100 that will be a porkee for 10 guys. That’s why men who pork multiple aren’t looked down on as much as the women who have casual sex. A man has to put effort into getting it; a woman just has to offer herself up. I will probably be lambasted for this, but I’ll say it. A man who sleeps with 10 women shows he’s something exceptional (above average). Just because a woman who’s had 10 male sexual partners doesn’t mean she’s any exceptional or put any effort into getting them.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 413
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2019 1:20:08 PM

I've never understood how anyone could bang someone they're not physically attracted to, myself. Rather stupid.

I've been a "moped" rider myself from time to time, and have friends who are -- or after too many drinks are desiring a such a ride. There is at least some physical attraction, even if totally lacking for actual dating -- in the moment, at least. And it's not that you don't want to be seen in public with them. We'll always have not-so-good-looking girls (and guys) mingling in our social circle, here and there. It's that you don't want to be seen running off with them 1-on-1, exposing that you're going to hook up (wince).

That’s why surveys are so skewed - because people aren’t gonna tell ya truth. Men commonly claim to have twice as many sexual partners than women.

I agree the surveys are skewed. But I don't think men commonly put 2x more. I think maybe college guys who don't have that many will do that. I think guys will lie to bring it down just as much as a guy will lie to make it not seem So Low, if his # is pretty low. I think the main cause of the repeated differential is that gals who did too many, bring it down low. IMO, they're more affected by social negatives than guys.

It's a myth that guys in general get more "props" if their # is notably high of gals he slept with. Maybe in a fraternity, but solidly after college, other guys will raise an eyebrow if yours is really high, and word will get around in a bad way. I learned that the hard way in my later 20s.

I meant that many guys who actually are attracted to bigger women don't want friends and family to know they are.

I disagree. I think it's more like them attracted enough & sexually open enough to Hook Up with bigger women (and just hooking up) they're not that into, that they don't want known -- yes. Keeping that 'habit' on the DL. But for guys who "Are Into Bigger Women" -- who date them and are The type they like -- I highly disagree. That's entirely different. It becomes obvious, #1. #2, us guys like guy friends who are like that. They'll handle the "bigger friend" of the group of gals. No "grenades" to jump on, for a buddy.

The majority of people in both Canada and the United States are now clinically overweight. Has that stopped them from dating and getting into relationships?

She meant "bigger" -- meaning, relative to others in the area. And noticeably bigger that sticks out at least somewhat -- not using a medical/clinical healthy weight-height line as "par". Also, as a side note, typical heavyweight boxers or body builders are Very clinically overweight by that standard. It's a bad measuring stick to go by, if one works out to add muscle and does. I think body fat % is best.

Sex without commitment is great in the moment, but there's *after* the moment to contend with.

Playing one's cards right, at the expense of -a few- sex opportunities, there's no more a moment to contend with after, than if you didn't have sex but just kissed and called it a night.

In the after moments, I feel like I'm doing nothing more than feeding an addiction that doesn't ultimately lead to long-lasting fulfillment

That's how I feel when I Don't play my cards right. :) It happens, but not very often at all. But instead of 'long-lasting fulfillment' it's more like actual date-worthiness (not a moped in looks or persona), as the "guilt" marker, when there's blow-back afterwards or if she was a Really Bad 'moped'.

It's also not about needing variety, just the aforementioned desire to have everything go my way.

To me it is about desiring variety. I won't need variety if I get a gal who's the hottest gal I can feasibly get AND a solid personality match. But those are hard as hell to come by, so I just continue to enjoy the casual-dating experience regardless. I think my issue is I enjoy the casual-dating & hooking up experience too much, as I'm also 100% fulfilled being single, too.

This is where the shit hits the fan because many women feel we should be doing nearly everything together, and the very second I express needing alone time, they become suspicious and untrusting.

I don't worry about that so much. From my experience, they are out there, yes. But plenty who are independent-minded.

One, in particular, told me a man letting his feelings be known exposed his vulnerability, and she felt like she could walk all over him at that point, which she found a total turn off. I thanked her profusely for her honesty.

I think that depends on the When tho, right? Like if it's on Date #5 VS after exclusively dating for a couple months. I have found, 1st hand and 2nd hand, that when a guy "goes all in" on the gal, pushing all his chips in, before the gal does -- yeah, he's going to get hurt. IMO, he either did it too early, or it was way too "late" (and she never expressed anything about Love herself, for sooo long, thus, it wasn't bound to be anyway).
 Inicia
Msg: 414
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2019 4:48:27 PM
porking is not about average or alpha bs. it is easy for any one who makes solely that the end goal, Or is not interested In a relationship And enjoy the dating aspect and is so interested in other people they become attractive, that is sexy and it is personal choice to make porking your goal.
there ceases to be anything related to height, i guess i have to leave this topic behind, as a tall woman Understanding other people's perception of this tall woman shortman, shortman, shorter women, short women taller men aspect is interesting to me- But this crap not so much so thanks for the bait, epic fail no meal here. going swimming
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 415
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2019 5:01:49 PM

porking is not about average or alpha bs. it is easy for any one who makes solely that the end goal,

It’s not easy for a man who makes porking solely that end goal. He may succeed, but he needs to put effort into it and risk a lot of rejection. How would you know if you’re not a man? Women can find porking any time with little work.
 spectravision
Msg: 416
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2019 5:23:08 PM

Women can find porking any time with little work.

Thus, some guy didn't really have to put in much effort.

If you don't have standards or drop them you'll get laid. Fancy scrubbing it for the next week though lol?
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 417
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2019 6:27:46 PM
^^^ A guy did have to put in effort, since most women are looking for a relationship, not porking without commitment. Let’s just say he has to compete with about 50 other guys for one woman who wants to be porked casually.
 julystorm22
Msg: 418
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2019 7:07:28 PM
In the past year I have discovered sex is easy to get but it's good sex that's difficult. Up until 15 months ago I'd only been with two guys ever and I truly believed I just didn't enjoy sex. But last year in January I slept with my first boyfriend (the one I'd lost my v-card with ten years earlier) and wow, I discovered sex could be good and it kind of awakened something in me. Now, I will say that this ex had a micro and the sex in of itself wasn't provably the best but the emotional connection during it was great. I really had feelings for him and that made me really enjoy it. But we didn't work because of reasons I'm still unclear about (I suspect it's because I had kids) so I slept with two more guys thinking maybe I could find that connection again but I didn't, both were really not great at sex plus I didn't have feelings for them so I discovered casual sex without feelings doesn't work for me. Then I met a guy on pof and we had long conversations and I really grew to like him even before we met and when we met there was instant attraction, at least on my part. The sex was awesome. I did have real feelings for him but I wasn't sure if he felt the same way. I think he cared about me but more as a friend who he was willing to have sex with. I kept my feelings hidden, never revealing them and then he moved away and we still talked. Just after Christmas I started talking to another guy and I actually was attracted to him physically and emotionally but then we had sex and it was so awful. I tried a couple more times with him and it just turned me off him physically even though I think I still liked him as a friend and would have kept being friends with him except he definitely wanted more. I'm still hung up on the guy before too and now I go on pof and all I can think about is the other guy but I'm lonely and am thinking maybe I'll try casual sex this summer again when my kids are gone to their dads. I do want more than just sex though, I want that emotional connection you can get with it.
 spectravision
Msg: 419
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2019 7:41:18 PM

A guy did have to put in effort, since most women are looking for a relationship, not porking without commitment. Let’s just say he has to compete with about 50 other guys for one woman who wants to be porked casually.

He sent a message exactly like the other guys. He had what said lady was looking for looks wise.
, hence less effort. Now said lady has gave the green light to said guy to try not fook it up but Most guys screw up because they can't hold a conversation and think hey I know what I'll do send a d1ck pic saying do you like? and its tiny haha. All respect gone instantly.

A lot of women sleep with guys casually in the hope of finding the one. They don't wear signs fella. You show me whatever stats you like but People lie constantly about trivial stuff never mind important stufff like this to your face daily :) Check those stats out and thefacts about how people lie daily. So people are just full of sh1t, period.

I do want more than just sex though, I want that emotional connection you can get with it.

Here's the thing July. It's lust then love so your not doing to much wrong except feeling guilty for a guy that buys you a meal. I reckon stop that kind of thing and you'll fair a lot better in the love stakes and not feel so down about it.
 julystorm22
Msg: 420
view profile
History
Posted: 4/6/2019 9:19:28 PM
I only did that thing once and learned my lesson. But I'm pretty sure there will be new mistakes for me to make.
Posted: 4/7/2019 4:12:14 AM

I've been a "moped" rider myself from time to time

I've never been able to do it. I've always needed to be able to say "damn, she's hot" in order for my libido to even be triggered.

To me it is about desiring variety.

There was a time when I enjoyed it, but I feel I've been with just about every type of woman I could possibly be attracted to, so it's not something I crave much anymore.

I think that depends on the When tho, right?

In my case, no. As I said, they eat it up at first and bask in the feeling of victory, but eventually, the "damn, now I've got him, the conquest is over" mindset kicks in.

It’s not easy for a man who makes porking solely that end goal.

It will work for the men who actually admit it's all they want, but the problem is, so few have the guts to do that.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 422
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2019 6:13:49 AM
^^^
Well my profile subliminally communicates I am open to porking...so I get the whole spectrum.

There was a time when I enjoyed it, but I feel I've been with just about every type of woman I could possibly be attracted to, so it's not something I crave much anymore.

That's where experimenting comes in, but tbh even a 2 girl threesome gets boring after the second time.

It's lust then love so your not doing to much wrong except feeling guilty for a guy that buys you a meal.

You believe that? people can convince themselves of anything. IMHO a women won't sleep with a guy SOLELY for that reason. It is like saying they drank too much. Inhibitions might be lower or absence but being horny was still real.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 423
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2019 6:30:16 AM

It will work for the men who actually admit it's all they want, but the problem is, so few have the guts to do that.

Because they think women don’t like it.
Posted: 4/7/2019 6:42:12 AM

That's where experimenting comes in,

hahaha. I've spent significant time in the laboratory, so to speak, but in the last quarter of last year, a lot of weird shit happened. I remember coming home from a night out and feeling a sudden urge to regain some "innocence". I found myself watching old cartoons on Youtube in an attempt to make this possible. However, underneath it all, I still feel good relationships just aren't possible.

Because they think women don’t like it.

Right, and that's when these men need to be saying to themselves "so what??" Once a man starts closing in on middle age, a woman saying no should be one of the least tragic things he can experience. Yes, there *will* be women put off by a man only wanting sex, but there also enough that aren't looking for a relationship either, they just don't always make it publicly known.
 spectravision
Msg: 425
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2019 6:49:57 AM

You believe that? people can convince themselves of anything. IMHO a women won't sleep with a guy SOLELY for that reason. It is like saying they drank too much. Inhibitions might be lower or absence but being horny was still real.

Yeah, I believe you should lust after someone if you want the whole enchilada. F*cking someone that you don't fancy the pants of leads to non fullfilment all around. It's like settling for processed sausage when you should really be eating steak.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Women always wanting men quite taller than them