Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Women always wanting men quite taller than them      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 fashionchic
Msg: 426
view profile
History
Women always wanting men quite taller than themPage 18 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)

The better looking a single mom is, the more a guy is likely to overlook the fact she is both poor and a single mom and sometimes its even an advantage because a guy sees it as a chance to get someone above his league in looks.

Overall more attractive people (from both genders) may get from leeway than average looking people in the same predicament. That doesn't just apply to single parents or lower income people.
 julystorm22
Msg: 427
view profile
History
Women always wanting men quite taller than them
Posted: 4/7/2019 10:35:46 AM
I admit, though the attraction wasn't there, the curiosity was. You guys have done a lot of experimentation so when it comes for sex you know your limits and I hadn't done much of any sex at all, just with two guys, both boyfriends. Nothing casual with anyone so there was a desire to try. I did really want to try sex with someone else. I had heard that sometimes sex makes you like someone more but this time it definitely did the opposite. I had made out with another guy a couple months earlier, someone I had just met but also wasn't attracted to but I hadn't been able to go through with having sex with him, I just wasn't into him. I guess both these guys could be considered my version of a moped. Most of the men I've talked to in the last year I was not attracted to but they seemed really into me except one who there seemed not to be attraction on either of our parts. And the two guys I was attracted to seemed wishy-washy, they were a mix of signs I couldn't read. I think with dating, I do want to give a lot of guys a chance but I go for guys I think I can get, not who I necessarily want and that's the problem. The times I have interacted online with guys I really think I like, they haven't for the most part seemed keen, just in the way they don't text much or seem to be talking to other girls too. I guess that is to be expected. 90% of the guys on pof are either the ones who have been on forever because they lack social or physical qualities or they are the guys who use it for casual oone-night sex selection. Of course the 10% of the desirable guys are going to have a lot of options.
 ssm508
Msg: 428
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2019 12:58:10 PM

Overall more attractive people (from both genders) may get from leeway than average looking people in the same predicament.

That can be true to some extent when an attractive person is somewhat different than what another person is usually interested in. For example, a man may usually date non-smokers. But he is interested in an attractive woman that is an occasional smoker. Or a woman may usually date men with a college degree. But she is interested in an attractive man that has an associate degree.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 429
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2019 1:48:11 PM

Women can find porking any time with little work.
Thus, some guy didn't really have to put in much effort.

That's a false conclusion, though. Women *Can*. They generally do not follow thru on it much, and of the ones who do, they are not at all wanting to pork the first guy who walks by them. Many times it's someone connected to their social circle, or one of the cuter guys. Said types of gals can get a guy much cuter than the one who would want to get into traditional dating with. They don't wear it on their sleeve any more than a Much larger % of gals who don't and are having fun at the bar.

If you don't have standards or drop them you'll get laid.

It's still harder for guys even then. You still have to look under a lot of rocks and hit dead ends. And hitting up gals all night in which you lack attraction, the experience becomes not so delightful. Although if you're in Kokanee's shoes, it can be a positive experience -- in terms of practicing your 'game' and making progress (doesn't require you following thru & sleeping with them). Then you work your way up on the attraction scale, in small increments.

In the past year I have discovered sex is easy to get but it's good sex that's difficult.

What's funny is that if the sex was great for a gal in what likely would have just been a 1-night stand in her preference, she won't want just a 1 night stand. Works out great for a guy in which she could "do better" but he seemed like a safe choice in-the-moment and she knew him in the neighborhood.

Just after Christmas I started talking to another guy and I actually was attracted to him physically and emotionally but then we had sex and it was so awful.

What makes it so awful? Give examples. It'll help guys out. And possibly you out in having control of avoiding bad sex when the ball starts rolling.

I've never been able to do it. I've always needed to be able to say "damn, she's hot" in order for my libido to even be triggered.

Interesting, as that is unique. I think for most (non-shy) guys it takes a "damn, she's hot" to proactively make a move to spark conversation. Not so much about libido, but risk/reward of being shot-down/getting a #.

Or a "damn, she's hot" to write a gal online if he's weary about the whole online thing. But otherwise, I do think, in general, guys' libidos will spring into action with "yeah, she's kinda cute" if she's talkative and open with him, and she seems potentially open to hooking up.

There was a time when I enjoyed it, but I feel I've been with just about every type of woman I could possibly be attracted to, so it's not something I crave much anymore.

I'll feel that way thru some stretches of time. I've circled the base paths in many different ball parks -- meh. However, I do go out to a fruitful bar scene on the weekends, so that 'variety' appetite will come back to me after not too long.

I think that depends on the When tho, right?
In my case, no. As I said, they eat it up at first and bask in the feeling of victory, but eventually, the "damn, now I've got him, the conquest is over" mindset kicks in.

That's pretty darn rare for a guy to experience that repeatedly, in the context of already-dating --> the L-word coming out with compassionate feelings, etc. You have a unique look to you that certainly will appeal to some ladies, and as you say, you carry a sort of "fvck-it" attitude/persona with them & the dating scene. So I could see what you describe happening in the context of the "pre-season" of being a couple, when the gal is 'chasing' you due to the persona you carry. But when she "gets" you, the emotional 'chase' is over. "Oh. Okay. Hmmm. Uhhh, now what? I wasn't thinking about this..."

I see this happening the other way around with guys, and I'll admit I've been there several times. It's a bit of a different nature than you describe, but it's still centered around 'chasing'. The gal is pretty darn cute, she "dangles" sex as if it's something "earned" -- the guy chases her as he gets his 8th-grade-make-out jam sessions and all, and maybe a bit of 2nd base, but that's about it. Then, finally, after a month or two of seeing each other, he gets the full buffet of intercourse. But then he very possibly lacks interest. Here's been my thoughts when I've been in that position of the-chase, when said chase ends: "Yeah, finally! Whew! Good game, good game! ... Wait, now I have to re-boot and re-evaluate her for an Actual relationship & Compatibility, etc. That wasn't my focal point at all, as I was playing this 'earn it' game she created. Damn. Okay. Sh!t. Now, this is just.... Different. Sh!t. Now I feel like an a-hole, because, I'm wanting to step away from what Very Much Feels like a Different situation."

Well my profile subliminally communicates I am open to porking...so I get the whole spectrum.

Well Joe -- I think the source of subliminal communication is your profile saying you're Male. :)

That's where experimenting comes in, but tbh even a 2 girl threesome gets boring after the second time.

Well, by that rationale, a 1 girl porking will get boring after the first time! :)

Because they think women don’t like it.

"it" being just hooking up. Yes, that's what we're conditioned by society to think. Some women don't. Many single women are going to be open to it if she has a solid attraction to the guy and he gives off the right 'vibe' that makes it feel comfortable/kosher. A Lot more than are going to admit on forums, bar discussions, etc.

F*cking someone that you don't fancy the pants of leads to non fullfilment all around.

That's not true. For some, sure. But I can pork a gal who I think is cute and all, but I don't fancy the pants of -- and feel quite fulfilled for the time being. If I'm a guy who feels unfulfilled being single -- sure, whether I'd occasionally pork a gal or be a reborn virgin, I'd still feel unfulfilled. Thankfully, I'm not conditioned to believe/feel that being single is "lacking" something.
 julystorm22
Msg: 430
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2019 2:53:25 PM
The bad sex thing...its because he got so sweaty and I think he was nervous and the worst was that he tried to talk dirty and it really turned me off. Pet names too really annoy me.

Another guy I had bad sex with 4 times just came too soon two of those times and couldn't maintain an erection for the other two. He was older than me, 43 years old and he admitted to having a little bit of ED. I liked him somewhat but not enough to deal with the ED.

The guy that I had my "Fwb" thing with last year was awesome though. So much so he may have ruined me for trying to get with other men. There was one night where we basically had sex for 7 hours and he really went to the effort to make sure I enjoyed myself. And he cuddled afterward and talked to me about lots of stuff. It was the emotional connection and the physical connection together.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 431
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2019 4:16:34 PM

Pet names too really annoy me.

In my experience more women do this, even to men they don’t know. The cashier behind the counter at the beer store just called me “hun.” I’m not her “hun.”
 julystorm22
Msg: 432
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2019 5:58:17 PM
In my experience, it's not something commonly done here but people from out East do it lots. I hate getting called babe or sweetie or honey or darling. I never grew up with that and when I get it now it weirds me out. Maybe if I was in a relationship with someone but it would only be sometimes. I have a name and I prefer a guy use that than something else.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 433
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2019 6:21:49 PM

The bad sex thing...its because he got so sweaty and I think he was nervous and the worst was that he tried to talk dirty and it really turned me off. Pet names too really annoy me.

Super-sweaty, bad attempts at dirty talk, and pet names. For clarification, did you mean common used generic terms like "babe, hot stuff, sexy", or actual pet names like "bunny, bambi, stormy, baby doll"?

Another guy I had bad sex with 4 times just came too soon two of those times and couldn't maintain an erection for the other two.

Okay. Mark off cum-too-quick & can't-keep-hard as the others. Makes sense.

The guy that I had my "Fwb" thing with last year was awesome though.

Butt what made it awesome though? That he wasn't super-sweaty, negated bad attempts at talking dirty, didn't apply any pet names, and could maintain an erection with cumming super quick? :)

In my experience more women do this, even to men they don’t know. The cashier behind the counter at the beer store just called me “hun.” I’m not her “hun.”

That's not a pet name, though. She's not implying you're her honey when the cashier's applying "hun". It's a common word used by an older lady to a younger guy or gal, not with the implication of affection or Like. "Here hun, let's just double-bag these, since it gets kinda heavy..." Kind of the reverse direction of sir/madam, but in the casual sense, used by that sir/madam to the younger person.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 434
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2019 7:40:29 PM

That's not a pet name, though. She's not implying you're her honey when the cashier's applying "hun". It's a common word used by an older lady to a younger guy or gal, not with the implication of affection or Like. "Here hun, let's just double-bag these, since it gets kinda heavy..." Kind of the reverse direction of sir/madam, but in the casual sense, used by that sir/madam to the younger person.

The girl who called me “hun” was younger than me. It’s condescending and no way to talk to somebody older than you.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 435
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2019 8:29:31 PM

The girl who called me “hun” was younger than me. It’s condescending and no way to talk to somebody older than you.

Okay, in a different way. Not condescending, unless she had a condescending tone to it like she was the elder and you were the clueless customer who missed his special education class or something (wouldn't matter how old she was).

If a seemingly younger or equal aged-ish gal says "hun" to me in a free-flowing context, I myself would be choosing to (falsely) take it as condescending, wearing a PC-police badge. :)

Instead, it's just a friendly term applied to the opposite gender, being friendly. I can understand not liking it -- much like being called "sir" (which I'm not a fan of). But it's not any more a "pet name". Ease up, it's just the evolution of language in certain circles that is neither flirtatious nor condescending, by default. :)
 julystorm22
Msg: 436
view profile
History
Posted: 4/7/2019 10:44:41 PM
I would consider "hun"a pet name of sorts. Its not generally a part of our culture in Western Canada but people who come from other places use these names lots.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 437
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2019 12:24:10 AM

I would consider "hun"a pet name of sorts. Its not generally a part of our culture in Western Canada but people who come from other places use these names lots.

Here in 'Merica, places out in more conservative areas (as Ice pointed out you're from) -- ie, out in the "country" -- tend to say that. Not as a pet-name, but more just slang. No different than "dude" not being a pet-name, in a certain context.
Posted: 4/8/2019 4:15:03 AM

Ok, first of all, was she hot? Secondly, have you ever asked yourself why something so trivial might bother you? If someone directing a term of endearment toward you is as bad as your day gets, you're doing quite well in life.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 439
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2019 6:41:23 AM
I think the important thing is to remember the difference between
"hi hun" and "listen honey."
For some people "hun" is just part of their vocabulary.
And yeah, if that's the worst part of your day, you're having a good one.

*looks up at Mr. Pig and waves~~~~~hello hunny bunny!*
 cooldog65
Msg: 440
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2019 7:07:58 AM
I definitely like being called honey, hun, or love...

I don't like being called sir. It makes me feel old...
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 441
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2019 7:43:31 AM

, first of all, was she hot? Secondly, have you ever asked yourself why something so trivial might bother you? If someone directing a term of endearment toward you is as bad as your day gets, you're doing quite well in life.

LOL.. I like being called hon. I think I know why some people faill at dating. Just sayin....
 spectravision
Msg: 442
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2019 7:55:50 AM
I've been called a lot worse and not mentally scarred for life lol..

I think it's like boo said. It's all about said tone.

Plus Mr Ice you should be saying next time you go in how is your evening if she's your type. #JustSaying..

Its not the first time I've had a chat with a cashier at a checkout to only land on her profile a few days later for her then to instantly message me.

You could always go back and hold up the store while she's on and say who you calling hun, hun
 grover14
Msg: 443
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2019 7:56:29 AM
I like being called hun, baby, or sweetie. And if you live down south, get used to be called "darlin". It was quite common when I lived there. I don't even mind the "baldie" etc names, I think it's just funny.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 444
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2019 9:50:50 AM

Ok, first of all, was she hot? Secondly, have you ever asked yourself why something so trivial might bother you? If someone directing a term of endearment toward you is as bad as your day gets, you're doing quite well in life.

No, she wasn’t hot at all. I never thought about it until I sent an opening message saying, “Hey baby,” and the girl was all up in arms against me for being creepy and condescending. I told her men also get called terms of endearment by women they don’t know, and you don’t hear them complaining. Some women actually thought the “Hey baby,” message was funny or cute. An Italian girl thought it was funny and a Hispanic girl wanted to talk with me on the phone. Maybe it’s something cultural where they flirt more openly in their cultures. I know that Italy and Latin America take cat calling to a whole new level.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 445
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2019 10:06:46 AM

No, she wasn’t hot at all. I never thought about it until I sent an opening message saying, “Hey baby,” and the girl was all up in arms against me for being creepy and condescending.

There's a big difference between a female cashier in a robotic tone saying "Did you find everything okay, hun?" as she's scanning the items you put on the counter -- and a dude writing a gal online, kicking it off with "Hey baby ...."

The latter is going to be accurately taken as flirting on some level, and someone who uses pet-names. Condescending to some ladies as they can take it as looking down on them as an object/pet, in the online world where a guy sending d!ck pics and the like and just wanting to hook up is very prevalent. YMMV.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 446
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2019 11:51:28 AM

Hey baby,” and the girl was all up in arms against me for being creepy and condescending.

Send any message out to many women and some will reply favorable. I have sent out "nice lips", etc and even got replies. Why do you make judgement s based on what "some" women say or think? I could give a r$Ts a$$.

Maybe it’s something cultural where they flirt more openly in their cultures. I know that Italy and Latin America take cat calling to a whole new level.

Yeah some ethnic groups accept certain things others won't. In NYC cat calling is a learned skill. Here in Brooklyn guys will cat call a girl and then circle around the block.Problem is these idiots will even do it when a girl is with a guy. I have had to wave them off with my firearm a few times lol.
 julystorm22
Msg: 447
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2019 11:58:57 AM
People here are not overt with their flirting. It's a bit conservative here. Subtlety is valued.
Posted: 4/8/2019 12:01:14 PM

No, she wasn’t hot at all. I never thought about it until I sent an opening message saying, “Hey baby,” and the girl was all up in arms against me for being creepy and condescending. I told her men also get called terms of endearment by women they don’t know, and you don’t hear them complaining.

Ok, so it's an issue because she wasn't hot and reminded you of a bad POF experience. Not the best justification.

*looks up at Mr. Pig and waves~~~~~hello hunny bunny!*

(waves back) See? That wasn't so horrible, Ice.

I like being called hun, baby, or sweetie. And if you live down south, get used to be called "darlin". It was quite common when I lived there.

Yes, and there are a lot of Spanish women here in Orlando. I have some of them refer to me as "papi" at times.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 449
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2019 5:36:31 PM

Send any message out to many women and some will reply favorable. I have sent out "nice lips", etc and even got replies. Why do you make judgement s based on what "some" women say or think? I could give a r$Ts a$$.

Well, you want to avoid potential instant negatives. There is a difference between starting out a message with "Hey baby," that's probably (rolling eyes) heard tons of times -- and saying "nice lips" which is conceptually different, in the message.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 450
view profile
History
Posted: 4/8/2019 6:00:15 PM

Ok, so it's an issue because she wasn't hot and reminded you of a bad POF experience. Not the best justification.

Well using that logic, I could also say it was an issue with these women because they didn’t find me hot.

July is right. Most Canadians, apart from French Canadians, are pretty passive and don’t openly flirt in public. This is why it’s so hard to tell if a woman likes you. Watch this video, it is 100% accurate.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs1y_ncJAaA
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Women always wanting men quite taller than them