Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Women always wanting men quite taller than them      Home login  
 AUTHOR
Women always wanting men quite taller than themPage 19 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)

July is right. Most Canadians, apart from French Canadians, are pretty passive and don’t openly flirt in public. This is why it’s so hard to tell if a woman likes you. Watch this video, it is 100% accurate.

Kokanee, there are a lot of things about women that are f*cked up. We know it. But we can either acknowledge it until the end of time or we can look for effective ways of handling it. You're tired of how they act when you approach them? Become the guy they approach. I would say about 70% of my interaction with women in bars and clubs is initiated by the women.

One big mistake I see with guys is they gush like a stuck, well, pig over the women they attempt to engage. Yes, you want to develop an attraction, but that's not going to occur by pedestalizing them. You treat them like a star, they will treat you like a fan. Conduct yourself as a man who expects the woman to be as concerned about the impression she makes on you as you are about the one you make on her.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 452
view profile
History
Women always wanting men quite taller than them
Posted: 4/9/2019 3:09:40 AM

July is right. Most Canadians, apart from French Canadians, are pretty passive and don’t openly flirt in public. This is why it’s so hard to tell if a woman likes you.

I think in most places here in the US midwest, girls don't openly approach guys or come up and flirt with them. In most cases, girls flirting isn't going to be obvious to the public at all. Flirting doesn't have to be obvious to outsiders. If you approach a gal IRL at the bar to generate convo, it doesn't have to hitting on her and making some public scene. The only thing noticed by the public, if anyone's watching in this public social arena, is that you came up to her and said something.

If you're saying that guys are pretty passive and don't approach women much, that's fine. I'm from a place where it's more like that than other places, and people notice it. It's due to people being more "cliquey" and more standoffish to strangers at bars and such, in comparison to other places. But it's not night & day difference. You can go to different genres of places, and Just Mingle, and feel your way thru it to get results just fine. And less guys approaching = less competition against you, too.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 453
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2019 6:22:57 AM

, there are a lot of things about women that are f*cked up. We know it. But we can either acknowledge it until the end of time or we can look for effective ways of handling it.

True! Unless he is going to start dating guys!

I'm from a place where it's more like that than other places, and people notice it. It's due to people being more "cliquey" and more standoffish to strangers at bars and such, in comparison to other places. But it's not night & day difference. You can go to different genres of places, and Just Mingle, and feel your way thru it to get results just fine. And less guys approaching = less competition against you, too.

Agreed. Even in places where the women are very aggressive(NYC) men still got to do most of the approaching. Women tend to either approach casually because they notice something about the guy but that can be a waste of time because it is as FRIENDS or they approach the REALLY hot guy in the bar. They approach the top 1%. Chances are most of us aren't the top 1% for most women so we will starve to death waiting!
Most US cities are as you described above if it is car centric. Cities where walking is the primary mode of transport(outside public transport) tend to have more more mingling. The social scene is set up that way. Multiple venues within walking distance, etc.
Posted: 4/9/2019 7:44:53 AM
One thing Kokanee should be doing is become a regular at a bar or club in his area, and start making friends. This way, when he walks into the place, women will see others coming up to say hello as he walks in. Women are drawn to social status. (yes, I know, someone will chime in with "not me, I'm not like that!!", but I don't give two shits) This doesn't mean the women will instantly want to bang him, but at the very least, they will wonder "who the hell is he?" and may wish to find out.

I tend to go places where I'm known, and when I run into people I know, they often have a different group of friends with them. Two weekends ago, I walked into one of my regular spots and ran into a friend I hadn't seen in a while. He had three women with him. One was his girlfriend and the other two were friends of hers. The two friends introduced themselves to me. I didn't have to do anything.

Kokanee, if your response to this is anything along the lines of "well, I'm just not outgoing enough to do something like this", get over it.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 455
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2019 10:51:34 AM
I think speed dating is the way to go for me. There are a lot of pubs here that offer it. The problem I have is that the people I meet online are nothing like they are in person. I'm sure I'm not either - I'm not a really experienced dater, but my profile says I am. I mean, what am I going to say, "I suck at dating?" If I did women would avoid me like the plague. Playing pool or billiards at my local bar may be a good way to meet women. I can guide them through the motion of holding the cue and hitting the ball in the hole.
 julystorm22
Msg: 456
view profile
History
Posted: 4/9/2019 11:16:58 AM
I tried doing speeddating. Signed up twice last year but both events got cancelled due to not enough interest. At least you are in Calgary, Kokanee Ice, and the bar scene is probably much better than here. Up until the 2000s the bar scene was good here but now especially with the rules about not being able to be above a .04 in blood alcohal when driving, a lot of people have quit going. A lot of people I knew used to go for one or two drinks then drive but now they just stay at home, invite friends over and drink. The bars are basically just restaurants now or places people go to play VLTs. In the bigger cities there aren't these problems because of the availability of cabss and public transit (uber is still banned) and a bigger population as a whole.

Nobody I know met their boyfriend/girlfriend or husand/wife in the last 15 years IRL in a bar. The majority met from online and many met through events with friends/family (ie. weddings, barbeques, birthday parties). I think the key to meeting someone, if not online, is to expand your social networks. Join things. Making friends might lead to getting invited to birthday parties and weddings and such. I'm trying to expand my social networks, not to find a guy necessarily, just to find friends and become happier.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 457
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2019 2:23:11 AM

They approach the top 1%. Chances are most of us aren't the top 1% for most women so we will starve to death waiting!

More or less, that should be one's expectations. To get technical, IMO:
- It still requires a gal's guts; most don't have it; but drinking liquid courage ups that ante
- It's more he's significantly hotter than she OR he's in the top 1%
- Too far out of a gal's league who isn't generally shy can heed her more
- Even of a gal Not shy at all, she doesn't need a guy significantly hotter to spark convo; but chances are, you're not the guy standing next to her, because there's not very many like that

Most US cities are as you described above if it is car centric.

Not necessarily in downtown areas much. Ubers & Lyfts resolve it; cheaper than cabs to bring you to sections where you can walk to a handful of places, or on a summers day walk from one section to another not too far away. Open suburban areas are different, and requires car rides from one places to another.

From where I'm from, it's "Beer City USA" and there's tons of bars all over the place close to each other in the dtown area. So the situation isn't the reason. You'd just expect more mingling -- which there is, for "day drinking" folks (in more laid back more less active times).

This way, when he walks into the place, women will see others coming up to say hello as he walks in. Women are drawn to social status.

And it's not just recognizable "social status" -- in terms of a gal liking a guy who's popular. K-Ice doesn't need to think that's the "line" he needs. A lot of it is observed trust amongst other people. That alone will give ease. A sense that he's conceptually not a stranger.

Plus, said guys will have peers that you'll get to know; you make some friends, even if just bar friends for a good while. But you expand your social circle some, and even meet girls that way, just mingling, etc. I think that should be K-Ice's initial focus. It opens him up to more mingling with people, which leads to getting comfortable mingling with girls -- without any goal to get #s like it's a rat race, but to first set oneself up in a comfort zone of that, in and of itself.

The problem I have is that the people I meet online are nothing like they are in person.

Basically, the gals you Can get dates with, there's a "catch" to it -- which you find out when you meet them.

I mean, what am I going to say, "I suck at dating?"

Dating is a game of checkers -- not chess. What makes it "difficult"? Your nervousness. It gives the facade of difficulty and cloudiness. What you should do is spend hours searching thru YouTube and bookmark a collection of videos that re-enacts of guys mingling/talking with girls -- but not pickup artist routines. Mingling.

Your first goal is to be comfortable mingling with girls -- just that, not to pick them up. But in the same sense as mingling with guys, making conversation, being social. Having that come Naturally, in and of itself over some time. You can start with guys. Work your way to girls, but in the same way. Once comfortable with that, you're comfortable talking/mingling with strangers or friends of strangers, etc. Get good at being social. Don't think about dating during that process. Once this becomes more second nature & comfortable -- it'll be more comfortable to make the next step -- to consciously flirt with a girl. But just that, at first. No lunging for #s or asking anyone out. Then once comfortable with that (nothing to lose; not chasing any girls; just flirting and now cool with it), take the next step when that occurs to buying her a drink, and letting it feed off each other. Your mingling experience will make this more natural. Each next step becomes more natural. You'll see how it's all natural.

Instead, you're trying to jump from point A -> point G. That hasn't worked out, which is why I suggest taking incremental steps and getting comfortable first. Shy people take longer, but hey, it's not "work". It's comfortable, and opens up your social sphere in general as a result, regardless.
Posted: 4/11/2019 6:20:33 AM

I think speed dating is the way to go for me. There are a lot of pubs here that offer it. The problem I have is that the people I meet online are nothing like they are in person. I'm sure I'm not either - I'm not a really experienced dater, but my profile says I am. I mean, what am I going to say, "I suck at dating?" If I did women would avoid me like the plague. Playing pool or billiards at my local bar may be a good way to meet women. I can guide them through the motion of holding the cue and hitting the ball in the hole.

As Joe has said, you're not a bad looking guy and look younger than your age, you just need the attitude to reflect it. If you make the vast majority of the men in your age group look like they belong on a shuffleboard court, I say f*ck modesty. Act like someone who is in an advantageous position. I do it unapologetically.

Also, don't limit yourself to bars/pubs. Branch out to big clubs, as well. Challenge yourself instead of being drawn to easy ways out. You will never grow as a person doing the latter.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 459
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2019 7:23:09 AM

If you make the vast majority of the men in your age group look like they belong on a shuffleboard court, I say f*ck modesty. Act like someone who is in an advantageous position. I do it unapologetically.

I totally agree with this. I think most people lack confidence in themselves and worry too much about what others think. If Mr. Konnie
had a little confidence to go with his looks, he'd do much better and also he'd not feel so badly about his failures.

I have this attitude. I decided I was going to be a hot old lady...so I am...hahahaha! What's the worst that can happen when you toot your own horn, seriously? They'll take away your birthday?

Somewhere, at sometime, people transferred their confidence and gave control of it to others. Maybe it's the whole social media thing...needing to get validation from others, posting a thousand pictures using filters so someone might say something nice about you.
Gads, it's tiring. Decide who you want to be and then be that person.

And PS...I AM BATMAN!
 julystorm22
Msg: 460
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2019 7:32:16 AM
Easier said then done though. I think maybe when you are older you quit caring so much as looks fade and good health matters more. Also, if you are in a city it's easier. In a small town you are in a fish bowl. And confidence comes with success. Whenever you make a.valid attempt at something, you actually are experiencing a moment of confidence but when you do not encounter success you make pessimistic conclusions.
Posted: 4/11/2019 7:39:22 AM

I think most people lack confidence in themselves and worry too much about what others think. If Mr. Konnie
had a little confidence to go with his looks, he'd do much better and also he'd not feel so badly about his failures.

Exactly, and in no way am I advocating shitting on others in this process, but honestly, I get so sick of the "aww, shucks...who? Me?" crap I witness in so many people. I find it disingenuous, and it's a result of them being told by certain parts of society not to celebrate their strengths to the highest because allegedly, "no one likes a showoff".

Yeah, just sit your humble little a$s on the sidelines watching the bold succeed.

And PS...I AM BATMAN!

Send that randomly to a guy in your area just to see how he responds. I dare you.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 462
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2019 8:09:07 AM

And confidence comes with success. Whenever you make a.valid attempt at something, you actually are experiencing a moment of confidence but when you do not encounter success you make pessimistic conclusions.

But if the confidence is in success, one has to try to achieve it. If not successful ,ones confidence should remain same as it was before the attempt.

I hate the term..risk of rejection. There really is no risk involved. If one gets rejected they remain same as they were the moment they attempted the act. There was no loss. That is why whatever confidence one has before the attempt shouldn't change.

I did the "I am Batman" before , but might be cool coming from a women.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 463
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2019 8:56:58 AM

Easier said then done though. I think maybe when you are older you quit caring so much as looks fade and good health matters more. Also, if you are in a city it's easier. In a small town you are in a fish bowl. And confidence comes with success. Whenever you make a.valid attempt at something, you actually are experiencing a moment of confidence but when you do not encounter success you make pessimistic conclusions.

No. It's not different than deciding you're going to change your job or move or take up a new hobby. And actually, when you get older
you don't quit caring how you look and your looks don't necessarily fade, sometime they get better. Why would you think someone with confidence has decided they don't care how they look?

People aren't born to be pessimistic, they also aren't born with low self esteem and lack of confidence.
These are learned attributes. Life can bring you down, but it's all about choices. We choose to continue, to change or remain the same. How old do you expect to be before you become who you want to be? Are you waiting until 50 for confidence to come swooping down? 60? Maybe 70?
 grover14
Msg: 464
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2019 1:42:56 PM
I think aging with confidence is more about accepting the changes, but making the best of what you've got. I made alot of changes in diet, weight loss, and daily exercise this year. I make decisions on what I like, not to please others. Maybe that part is because I'm older, and hopefully wiser.
 moraima
Msg: 465
view profile
History
Posted: 4/11/2019 2:08:36 PM
"Easier said then done though. I think maybe when you are older you quit caring so much as looks fade and good health matters more. "

Where do these ideas come from?

"they also aren't born with low self esteem and lack of confidence.
These are learned attributes. Life can bring you down, but it's all about choices. "

Thank God I learned in High School that some will love me and some will hate me, but the most important thing is that I love the person I am.

I wonder if part of the confidence problem some have, is that it does not feed their need for drama.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 466
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2019 9:07:36 AM
Since I got Kindle Unlimited, I've read several books on online dating, and dating in general Almost all advise women to do this, exactly-

One big mistake I see with guys is they gush like a stuck, well, pig over the women they attempt to engage. Yes, you want to develop an attraction, but that's not going to occur by pedestalizing them. You treat them like a star, they will treat you like a fan. Conduct yourself as a man who expects the woman to be as concerned about the impression she makes on you as you are about the one you make on her.

Just basically be friendly, but act like you don't care.
 grover14
Msg: 467
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2019 9:52:28 AM
Hmm, the last couple of women l did a meet and greet with just didn't seem interested, so I didn't pursue anything further. Maybe that was a mistake. I guess I think there should be a vibe, so maybe I should follow up and at least ask.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 468
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2019 11:38:00 AM
I don't know, I'm always enthusiastic when I meet someone I like. I wouldn't act like I didn't care and they would know I was interested. Doesn't mean I'm all gushing and asking for autographs. I don't like guessing games (does he like me, does he not, is he interested or no?)
If he shows no interest, I'd just assume he wasn't and I'd be pleasant and then say goodbye. I guess I'm kind of a ho or something too, because I like a kiss and a hug at the end of the meet if we're meeting again. And I'd know we were meeting again, because if he didn't say something, I would. I'm just a lil hussy.
 spectravision
Msg: 469
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2019 11:49:47 AM

I'm just a lil hussy.

Haha. I think you're right in regards to what you are saying all around. I tend to grab a kiss at end off or in the first date if we sorted out meeting again. I think it take a lot of pressure off both parties too.
 cooldog65
Msg: 470
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2019 8:19:59 PM

I think maybe when you are older you quit caring so much as looks fade and good health matters more.

What were you thinking when you typed this?
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 471
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2019 10:45:00 PM

I don't know, I'm always enthusiastic when I meet someone I like. I wouldn't act like I didn't care and they would know I was interested. Doesn't mean I'm all gushing and asking for autographs. I don't like guessing games (does he like me, does he not, is he interested or no?)
If he shows no interest, I'd just assume he wasn't and I'd be pleasant and then say goodbye. I guess I'm kind of a ho or something too, because I like a kiss and a hug at the end of the meet if we're meeting again. And I'd know we were meeting again, because if he didn't say something, I would. I'm just a lil hussy.

I agree- I like a hello/goodbye hugs, and a goodbye kiss if we're going to meet again. I want affection, compliments and smiles!

My sister has men falling all over her. When we had our mother's ashes inturned late last year, the guy who buried the ashes hit on my sister, and she went out with him!
I asked her what her secret is and she said "I really just don't give a damn." Seriously.
 spot4username
Msg: 472
view profile
History
thinking is not your strong suit
Posted: 4/13/2019 2:00:24 AM

I think maybe when you are older you quit caring so much as looks fade and good health matters more.

As opposed to being young and not caring about looks? Or being young and having poor health - like being obese?

/eye roll/
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 473
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2019 5:54:56 AM
I hope July just types that stuff to get a reaction, not really believing it.

‘Older’ people don’t quit caring about how they look, they quit caring what other people think about the way they look :)
Posted: 4/13/2019 8:06:41 AM
I do sort of get what July is saying. I do know a lot of people who let themselves go after reaching a certain age and the reasons vary. They may feel all the effort and time into keeping themselves up is just too much of a hassle anymore or they decide they should be accepted for *who* they are as opposed to what they look like, and it can be more of a rebellious stance than anything else.

A lot of the slobs in my own family use the phrase "I'm just too old to care anymore" rather frequently. Even the ones who are in their mid-30s.

However, for me personally, my vanity is like Jason Voorhies from Friday the 13th. It will never f*cking die.
 spectravision
Msg: 475
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2019 5:46:42 PM

‘Older’ people don’t quit caring about how they look, they quit caring what other people think about the way they look :)

Less of the old ? You don't look a day over 21 ;)
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Women always wanting men quite taller than them