Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Women always wanting men quite taller than them      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 476
view profile
History
thinking is not your strong suit Page 20 of 22    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22)
Lol ^^^beer goggles by any chance? :)

Pig....are those family people saying that because they’re already in relationships? I hear that’s when some people let it all go. I’ve yet to see this however with the people I know.

I imagine if I’m unlucky enough to live to my 90s then yeh, I might wanna let it go....no more hair colours, no more trowelling make-up on. And please.....walking in heels will just be a big hazard :)
 spectravision
Msg: 477
view profile
History
thinking is not your strong suit
Posted: 4/14/2019 8:49:56 AM

Lol ^^^beer goggles by any chance? :)

Now, Not a day over 25 hehe
 browneyesboo
Msg: 478
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2019 10:03:19 AM
I care what I look like.
I don't care what others think about what I look like.
I do agree that some people don't care.
But the post was made in regards to suggesting not to care and
then it was said old people don't or something.

Not that I took it personally, because I don't need anyone to tell
me I'm awesome.
And healthy...jeepers, I'm wicked healthy.
 julystorm22
Msg: 479
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2019 10:07:00 AM
I think what I said earlier regarding older people caring less about looks applies more to men than women. Many women are still wearing nice dresses and getting their hair set and putting makeup on at age 90 while men....I will say most still shave at least but from maybe age 50 and up they don't appear to care about their appearance so much. Perhaps it's because there is less competition then. A healthy single man with a good income is a hot commodity for women, looks be damned.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 480
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2019 10:41:05 AM

A healthy single man with a good income is a hot commodity for women, looks be damned.

Yes, that's why my inbox is overflowing and there's a line at my front door.

Not.

Just basically be friendly, but act like you don't care.

More game-playing.

People don't have to gush like an idiot.
But they do need to be real.
(although if gushing IS being real, then people who do that need to develop some self-control)

norwegianguy456
Msg: 481
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2019 10:53:21 AM

Just basically be friendly, but act like you don't care.

I 100% agree with what you quoted above this, as do you. But what you said there, I don't 100% agree with -- I think it's one 'gear' to lean on. It varies, depending on what 'pitcher' you're facing, so to speak. I think the default "no specific gear" a guy should be in, isn't that he should leave the impression he doesn't care about she or the date -- but that he's not trying to "win her over", and that he's a really friendly guy who's sizing her up too. I think a guy should come across as if he doesn't really care, when the gal comes across or potentially comes across by how she presents herself, as a lady who could "do better" than he or gets too much (unwanted) attention by guys all the time.

I do know a lot of people who let themselves go after reaching a certain age and the reasons vary. They may feel all the effort and time into keeping themselves up is just too much of a hassle anymore or they decide they should be accepted for *who* they are as opposed to what they look like, and it can be more of a rebellious stance than anything else.

Yeah, I agree. Basically, frustration / "f*ck it" mentality. All that priming and detail -- for little or no results. Like raking the leaves in the yard, but every time, the wind blows leaves back onto the lawn 15 minutes later. Ugggh, f*ck it. All this work I'm doing isn't getting me anywhere.

I think the problem with that is: Looking at it like you're doing it Just for attracting the opp-sex. Not seeing the value in it, in and of itself, and to make it -- generally speaking, not the grave details -- part of your life routine. After all, once we get settled into an LTR -- we can just as much let ourselves go. We wouldn't want that either.
 cooldog65
Msg: 482
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2019 11:37:59 AM

I think what I said earlier regarding older people caring less about looks applies more to men than women. Many women are still wearing nice dresses and getting their hair set and putting makeup on at age 90

Classic backpedaling...

while men....I will say most still shave at least but from maybe age 50 and up they don't appear to care about their appearance so much. Perhaps it's because there is less competition then.

Really?

A healthy single man with a good income is a hot commodity for women, looks be damned.

Keep wishing...
 browneyesboo
Msg: 483
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2019 11:51:20 AM
Oblivious or obtuse?
I dunno?

julystorm22
Msg: 484
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2019 1:41:21 PM
No, it's just my observations of local seniors' complexes where I do homecare. There are 10 single women to every single guy and wow those ladies go after those men. Very few single men who actually stay single. Even crusty lifelong bachelors who never bathe have ladies after them--maybe that's their version of a bad boy. I have a client with questionable hygiene practices since his wife died and he is constantly being visited by women with warm suppers and cookies and such.
 grover14
Msg: 485
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2019 2:17:03 PM
Wow, I will keep that senior housing in mind. Being I shower, shave, and smell good everyday, I might need a revolving door on my room though!
 spectravision
Msg: 486
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2019 4:18:51 PM

Wow, I will keep that senior housing in mind. Being I shower, shave, and smell good everyday, I might need a revolving door on my room though!

It is true that the seniors in care homes are getting intimate with each other like there is no tomorrow. Plenty of STI's to go around too, but at that time of life. Screw it :)

Revolving door will do you good when the time comes :)
 browneyesboo
Msg: 487
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2019 4:22:48 PM
I don't think anyone here is living in a senior home and trolling POF for dates, ms. July.

Geez.
 oldwxman
Msg: 488
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2019 4:29:21 PM
I'm sure that there is more to it than the sexual market place and a cynical grab for resources.

These guys that let themselves go a little bit aren't actually dirty. Now laying for a few days in fetid muck infested with leeches like many of these guys did in Vietnam... that was dirty.

Lets not forget that the warm supper and cookie ladies are from a different generation. They truly believe that a man without a wife is helpless. Perhaps they see it as an act of Christian charity to not let these guys starve. They are just nice, kind ladies.
 cooldog65
Msg: 489
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2019 8:39:48 PM

Oblivious or obtuse?
I dunno?

Maybe both...

I don't think anyone here is living in a senior home and trolling POF for dates, ms. July.

Geez.

Posted: 4/16/2019 4:52:41 AM
LOL Must be something in that Saskatchewan Air. When I was younger I use to do the same job July does. The only time elderly women were chasing elderly men around was when they had dementia and truly thought these men were their husbands. Sometimes, a few of these guys would go ahead and pretend just to get in these ladies beds, they were quickly chastised. This was a vulnerable population we were dealing with.

Let me guess, July. You watch the bachelor and think it's the best show going? It's just so realistic, a bunch of grown women chasing after some dude like a bunch of love sick puppies. No way in hell women can make it through the day without a man to lean on. Get yourself one quick they are in short supply, saddle him with a bunch of kids. Quick, once you hit 40, you just get uglier. Fear not, you always have your poor health to worry about.
 julystorm22
Msg: 491
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2019 5:08:09 AM
I hate shows like the Bachelor. The Bachelor is the worst steaming pile of shite on TV and I have to walk away anytime starts in on a conversation about it.

I am not talking about nursing homes. I am talking about seniors apartment buildings with people who live mostly independently (some people get home care from the likes of workers like me) but they are ages 55 to 100. And I'm not sure sex is front of mind of these ladies. I think they are just looking for companionship. So many lonely people living in these places. And there is a generational difference too. Many of the older ones (born prior to the 1940s) are more prim and proper but the ones born in the 1940s and later live life much more "modernly" and that includes dating. Its cultural too. Most of the older Ukrainian babas (this area is about half Ukrainian) will never date again because it's almost sacrilege but the other ladies seem to have no qualms.

There's a reason there are more women than men living in these places. Most of the women are widows who sold their houses and moved into seniors housing because it was easier to manage alone without the yardwork. Men who get widowed tend to remain in their houses till the end.
 spot4username
Msg: 492
view profile
History
*marks Saskatchewan off of my list of places to visit*
Posted: 4/16/2019 5:39:48 AM
Clearly a 55 year old in Saskatchewan is far different than a 55 year old in any area I have ever lived in or traveled to.

Or heard about.

Or seen on TV.

Or seen on the internet.

Or read about.

Who knew?
 browneyesboo
Msg: 493
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2019 6:32:15 AM
*Gently pats Ms. Spot on her unwashed, stinky head*

We learn something new everyday...even when we're old.

browneyesboo
Msg: 494
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2019 8:43:16 AM

No, it's just my observations of local seniors' complexes where I do homecare. There are 10 single women to every single guy and wow those ladies go after those men. Very few single men who actually stay single. Even crusty lifelong bachelors who never bathe have ladies after them--maybe that's their version of a bad boy. I have a client with questionable hygiene practices since his wife died and he is constantly being visited by women with warm suppers and cookies and such.

Observe.
We are all here talking about dating on a dating site. While there are some "seniors" here, we are not in a senior complex and we are not receiving homecare (at least I'm not, can't speak for the others).

*imagines Ms. July goes to the store for oranges and comes home with apples*
 julystorm22
Msg: 495
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2019 9:46:24 AM
I never said you all were old. Actually, a few of you were actually the ones who said it. But I stand by what I said about a lot of men 45+ letting them selves go with a f-it attitude saying the the ladies should like them the way they are.

But some of these seniors in the complexes are 55+ (most are not home care clients) and if half the gossip I hear is to be believed then it is as bad as Melrose Place. And regarding seniors doing pof--more are on here than you suspect, several seniors are on this forum even. Yes, there's a lot of seniors who have never used a computer but the many who do have embraced it because they've realized its opened a whole world up to them.
 cooldog65
Msg: 496
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2019 10:10:28 AM

But I stand by what I said about a lot of men 45+ letting them selves go with a f-it attitude saying the the ladies should like them the way they are.

Now it's 45+? Earlier it was 50+. I certainly haven't let myself go...

So all of this is based on your observations in a one horse, butt crack, small town in the middle of nowhere Saskatchewan...

I guess I could say the men there drink Molson, eat back bacon, and say "eh take off hoser"...
 julystorm22
Msg: 497
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2019 11:14:00 AM
I still am not quite sure what back bacon and Canadian bacon are...and Molson is not too popular a beer here. Back in my bartender days the most popular beers were Pilsener, Kokanee, MGD and Lab Lite. And as for the house reference, that term isn't used too often anymore. But yes, we are a less populated place in the middle of nowhere although Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Alberta and a big chunk of Northwest Ontario and BC (excluding the Vancouver-Victoria region) are pretty much the same and there's maybe 7 million of us so...I guess we are a bit redneck.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 498
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2019 11:50:45 PM

I care what I look like.
I don't care what others think about what I look like.
I do agree that some people don't care.
But the post was made in regards to suggesting not to care and
then it was said old people don't or something.

Not that I took it personally, because I don't need anyone to tell
me I'm awesome.
And healthy...jeepers, I'm wicked healthy.

browneyesboo,

You are awesome. I always enjoy your posts.
 ontheotherhand
Msg: 499
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2019 12:10:01 AM
I'm old, but I still bathe daily, wash my hair and brush my teeth.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 500
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2019 12:54:51 AM
I felt old at 25yrs when I was classed as a ‘mature student’.
I’ve been old ever since :)
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Women always wanting men quite taller than them