Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Women always wanting men quite taller than them      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 julystorm22
Msg: 501
view profile
History
thinking is not your strong suit Page 21 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)
For women, most are still hygienic till their dying days but men are the ones who tend to bathe less over time. Some women just quit with the dieting, weight watching, accessorizing and wearing trendy clothes. It becomes more about being comfortable. I'm not lumping all older adults into the same pot because that would be nonsense but there are many who let themselves go or quit trying to impress other people to attract them.
 browneyesboo
Msg: 502
view profile
History
thinking is not your strong suit
Posted: 4/17/2019 8:27:42 AM
Thank you Ms. Cinnamon!

People should worry less about impressing people and more about being a person others want to know and be around.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 503
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2019 8:54:06 AM

Clearly a 55 year old in Saskatchewan is far different than a 55 year old in any area I have ever lived in or traveled to.

Or heard about.

Or seen on TV.

Or seen on the internet.

Or read about.

Who knew?

Perhaps it is down the road from where Balkii came from?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfPg5LjGYz8
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 504
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2019 12:43:03 PM

For women, most are still hygienic till their dying days but men are the ones who tend to bathe less over time.

I think you notice that in old-folks homes where the women outnumber the men big-time. The guys don't have to. :)

That said, I would agree that in neutral environments, gals still probably have the leg up (no pun intended).
 julystorm22
Msg: 505
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2019 2:44:00 PM
Even on pof though, after age 55 I think the ball does switch to be in the men's court rather than the ladies.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 506
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2019 3:35:10 PM

Even on pof though, after age 55 I think the ball does switch to be in the men's court rather than the ladies.

A couple years ago when I did an extensive (way too much time spent) count on girl:guy ratios in different age ranges in various places with solid populations (but not huge cities) -- it took getting to 65+ for the ratio to even out 1:1. It took over 70 till ya started to see women take over -- but more nor really hitting the amount than guys did in the 25-40 age range.

I'd run it again, but one can't get a full result list due to having to be logged in to see them without restrictions (or even see them at all now).
 SomewhereInTheStratosfere
Msg: 507
old, Ugly and stinky.
Posted: 4/17/2019 3:49:53 PM

Even on pof though, after age 55 I think the ball does switch to be in the men's court rather than the ladies

please enlighten me as to why you think this? I'm really fascinated with your thinking. Granny Stratosfere always use to say that there was a fine line between a genius and a nutbar.
 purplerider1200
Msg: 508
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2019 3:55:58 PM

Do you also believe in the easter bunny, the great pumpkin, Santa Claus, and the tooth fairy? Tell us another funny story.

Could we have batman in the next one?
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 509
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2019 7:16:39 PM
I think most men would rather have the ball in their favor when they’re in their early 20’s. Unfortunately young men have it the hardest - at least on dating sites.
 julystorm22
Msg: 510
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2019 4:42:18 AM
I thought this was true after seeing women post this on this very forum. They complained that it's bad enough that the number of men on here goes down with age but to make things worse, men in their 50s and 60s are all looking for women ten or more years younger. I can see this being true to with men succeeding in their quest for younger women because of the supply/demand issue of available men but if you say I'm wrong then I guess I'm wrong.
 grover14
Msg: 511
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2019 5:58:00 AM
Well, july, here is some info from a senior guy. I'm 65, and I limit my search to about 4 or 5 years younger. I don't want to try and keep up with a much younger lady. Also, being retired, I would like to find someone retired, then we would both have lots of time to play!

Haven't been lax in keeping myself up yet. It takes some work, but thankfully, I can maintain grooming, yardwork, and keeping a clean house. I'm probably like many other older guys. Life is good when you're retired, own a home, cars, and financially secure. Too picky, but don't want to take on someone else's drama.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 512
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2019 7:06:06 AM

I think most men would rather have the ball in their favor when they’re in their early 20’s. Unfortunately young men have it the hardest - at least on dating sites.

Men would like the ball in their favor at every age bracket. Truth is as a young guy there are no good reasons to stick to OLD only. Clubs,bars,dances, social activities and even meeting on the subway are viable options for young men.

That being said there was a bit of an oddity. There was this one OLD site that focused on Eastern Europeans(Russians, Ukrainians,etc) and the age brackets were even in the 20's and the men only started to outnumber women closer to 40. It was like the opposite of normal OLD sites.
Posted: 4/18/2019 7:35:35 AM

Men would like the ball in their favor at every age bracket. Truth is as a young guy there are no good reasons to stick to OLD only. Clubs,bars,dances, social activities and even meeting on the subway are viable options for young men.

I agree, although, I see no reason for anyone of any age to rely solely on online dating. Sure, the number of single people available diminishes as we get older, but that's no reason to *not* look at the entire offline world as our searching grounds.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 514
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2019 8:27:49 AM

I worked in a nursing home, and I can tell you that a lot of old, crusty men aren’t interested in women their own age; they’re interested in the young nurses.
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 515
view profile
History
if you think that thinking isn't my strong suit...wait until you see my birthday suit
Posted: 4/18/2019 9:18:53 AM
when i was taking care of elderly parents, i was warned the number one reason seniors didn't bathe regularly was due to poor balance and wet floors and soapy mess equaled great odds for falling and breaking bones. as for old men shaving, i tried to do it for my father with shaky Parkison's, and with all the loose skin under the lower jaw, it was like shaving a Shar Pei. Not to mention the skin is thinner and probably cuts more often. that all said, around here at least, those in a nursing home are there b/c they can't fend for themselves, which is an inpolite way of saying their minds aren't as sharp as some who can handle a dating website.

"People should worry less about impressing people and more about being a person others want to know and be around."

>>>very true. but alas, how do we get that across? :) good manners and intelligence only gets recognized by those who have it themselves. and hot looking bimbos may not have either one.

as for why single men may be rare and not well done past a certain age...i guess one factor is women generally live longer, and two, yes, women may generally be seeking a relationship and men may still be generally seeking the visuals. both genders wish to feel young again, but its easier when you seek companionship.
 spectravision
Msg: 516
view profile
History
if you think that thinking isn't my strong suit...wait until you see my birthday suit
Posted: 4/18/2019 11:19:22 AM

I thought this was true after seeing women post this on this very forum. They complained that it's bad enough that the number of men on here goes down with age but to make things worse, men in their 50s and 60s are all looking for women ten or more years younger.

I date women up to 57 years old approx, and I'm early 40's. It comes down to one thing. Do they have what I need. I've seen women in early 60's looking better than women in their late 30's lol. I'm less likely to date someone below 35 as I think they're at a different stage in life by far. Of course not always the case, hence, my age filters are open.

I don't care about material stuff. Of course being able to house, feed and cloth themselves is mandatory, and I'm sure they can :)
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 517
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2019 1:52:42 PM

I worked in a nursing home, and I can tell you that a lot of old, crusty men aren’t interested in women their own age; they’re interested in the young nurses

Having worked in nursing homes, and as a traveling nurse for the VA, I concur.

And- the men do resist hygiene care much more than women do.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 518
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2019 4:09:39 PM

I agree, although, I see no reason for anyone of any age to rely solely on online dating. Sure, the number of single people available diminishes as we get older, but that's no reason to *not* look at the entire offline world as our searching grounds.

Well geez -- you're asking everyone to party like it's 1999! That is soooo pre-internet 1995! ;)

Surveys show that Generation "Z" (as they put it) has less sex than generations before them. Basically, they rely on online for everything. Less of a need for gals to "go out" to obtain boy attention -- they'll be Facebooking (and OLDing) messages to her, from the comfort of her own couch.

they’re interested in the young nurses.

Well, to be fair, everyone's interested in young nurses. And where I'm from, boy do they drink and get frisky. I think it's because most work 12 hour shifts and like to unwind.

I date women up to 57 years old approx, and I'm early 40's. It comes down to one thing. Do they have what I need.

Hair, check... Genitals, check....

I've seen women in early 60's looking better than women in their late 30's lol.

I think everyone's seen that, right? And not even compared to late 30s -- but even, technically 20s. There are staunch non-lookers in every age bracket, where there's at least some from almost every age bracket could 'win' in raw looks. I think the main thing is -- is the 60-ish year old gal Still good looking enough to what said younger guy could get (or vice versa in gender).

I'm less likely to date someone below 35 as I think they're at a different stage in life by far.

I never believed that, myself. EX: A gal at 37 without kids, with her baby clock ticking like time bomb would be far less compatible (if you're not looking to make-kids-quick) than a 30 year old gal who has a kid or two and are not looking to have any more. In other words, I think most likely, their "life stage" isn't dependent on their age, in their late-20s - mid 40s. I think it's more dependent on where they are in reference to kids and what their desires are about them, which varies.
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 519
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2019 4:33:12 PM

And- the men do resist hygiene care much more than women do.

What kind of an idiot would NOT want sponge baths from a hot young nurse?

I'd be ringing the buzzer for sponge baths all day long.
 spectravision
Msg: 520
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2019 5:03:05 PM

I never believed that, myself. EX: A gal at 37 without kids, with her baby clock ticking like time bomb would be far less compatible (if you're not looking to make-kids-quick) than a 30 year old gal who has a kid or two and are not looking to have any more. In other words, I think most likely, their "life stage" isn't dependent on their age, in their late-20s - mid 40s. I think it's more dependent on where they are in reference to kids and what their desires are about them, which varies.

It does vary, but I find Younger women tend to want to go clubbing more than older and I've seen this as my best mate is with a woman 10 years his junior. It has been an issue and she had 3 kids at 30 years old. I don't want to go clubbing period nowadays. Women in mid 30's that are looking for first kids etc don't necessarily want a guy like myself that already had a family in the past. Even if he is an adult its baggage apparently lol

Life stage can matter too, Of course. An individual thing.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 521
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2019 5:58:14 PM

What kind of an idiot would NOT want sponge baths from a hot young nurse?

I'd be ringing the buzzer for sponge baths all day long.

Which is why there’s a lot more opportunities for women to work in nursing homes. When I was doing my internship they could only accept two men. Most older women are old-school, so they don’t want men cleaning them. Not to mention women are the majority in nursing homes because they tend to live longer than men on average. The few men there also want female nurses cleaning them.
 julystorm22
Msg: 522
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2019 5:27:29 AM
Times are changing. There are a lot more males working in the nursing field as NPs, RPNs, RNs, LPNs and CCAs, especially in acute care (hospitals). Many of the men in those fields are from overseas like from India and The Philippines. Rarely are Canadian-born men in these fields. And that's a fairly recent change. Even 5 years ago 99.5% of the nursing staff were female and now it is at like around 90%. In the home care department where I work, of 45 CCAs, 2 LPNs and 28 RNs/RPNs, there are just 3 Male CCAs and 1 Male RN. 2 of the Male CCAs, both from India, only started working this past year and the one RN, from Philippines, started last year. Home care has had a lot less males in general because unlike in acute and long term care, female clients have the right to refuse to have a male visit them in their homes. We have had 1 male CCA working in homecare for years and he only sees male clients, especially the ones who have gotten handsy with a female worker. But tbh, in the whole time I have worked in homecare, it has been rare that male clients get inappropriate, according to older staff it used to be extremely common as a worker would be inappropriately touched or had something lewd said to them much more regularly. The more recent generation of male elderly tend to be much more respectful that way, most likely because nowadays you can't get away with it. When I worked in long term care (nursing homes) it was pretty common to have my boob grabbed or have something sexual said to me but most of those incidences it was by a male resident with dementia which is understandable. I did once have a fully-lucid guy reach his hand down my shirt once when giving him a bath and I sprayed him with cold water and reported the incident and he was issued a warning--the same resident ended up sexually molesting female residents and got moved to a locked unit.

NPs = nurse practitioners (4-year registered nursing degree + 2-year Masters in nursing degree + 1 year nurse practitioner degree)
RPNS = registered psychiatric nurses (5-year nursing degree)
RNs = 4-year nursing degree
LPNs = 2-year nursing diploma
CCAs.= 1-year continuing care assistant certificate
 spectravision
Msg: 523
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2019 6:12:07 AM
^^

I heard in late 1800's to early 1900's 95% of nurses were male. I'm sure I seen something somewhere stating that.
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 524
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2019 7:03:34 AM

I heard in late 1800's to early 1900's 95% of nurses were male. I'm sure I seen something somewhere stating that.

That’s correct. The first nurses were almost all male.
 julystorm22
Msg: 525
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2019 9:41:40 PM
Actually, it depends on where and when in history. For several centuries in the Christian world, many of the nurses were either nuns or monks so basically both. Women went to nuns to get healed and men went to monks. Women were often the nurses though throughout the ages. In the British military though is where the modern age of nursing started in the 1600s with men being trained for the royal medical army corps. Meanwhile, most of the European and American people were still cared for primarily by nuns or missionaries. It wasn't until World War 1 after more men were needed for actual combat duty when non-nun women began taking over the occupation and eventually turned into the modern nursing field we have today.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Women always wanting men quite taller than them