Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Women always wanting men quite taller than them      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 601
view profile
History
Women always wanting men quite taller than themPage 25 of 25    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25)

I can see a difference between being thirsty and being desperate.
I don't see going after someone I'm interested in as making a fool of myself.
I don't understand why "making a fool" of oneself is gender oriented, and
I don't think the fear of rejection should make one a hostage.

I stopped worrying about what others think and it's a pretty good feeling actually.

I related to the meme in terms of my own experience, and how *I felt about myself* in the past, when I had chased after a guy, not in terms of what others thought. Nobody else knew anything about it, as far as I know. I felt I had made a fool of myself. I haven't done that again.

Imho, the meme does not tell women not to go after someone they want, it's telling them not to overdo it, and to realize when a guy is not that interested. We all have our preferences of how to do things, and our different comfort zones.
 2ufo
Msg: 602
view profile
History
Women always wanting men quite taller than them
Posted: 5/14/2019 10:46:59 AM

Nonsense. A sable is a large (500 pound) antelope

Do they make expensive fur coats out of those too?

No. Expensive fur rugs and other leather things. Along with using the horns.
Maybe a motorcycle jacket...

I do not see the point of chasing. I have never ever chased.

I'll chase but selectively... making sure he isn't in a relationship, making sure he might be interested, making sure I might be interested
Being a fool in love is not fatal. (as long as you stay away from serial killers - who can come after you anyway). It just feels horribly embarrassing. And, being human, we should ALL know what that feels like. And if we don't, we haven't done enough.

If I read even the subtlest sign that someone isn't into me I move on.

July...
you also move on if he DOES express interest or if he's too attractive by your definition.
I suspect you might be reading 'subtle' signs that aren't even there.
Please re-evaluate and learn to ask.
 wood_smell_as_sweet
Msg: 603
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2019 5:05:16 PM

My 'correction' on it, is that pursuing is a 2-way street. The quote you put up there was about it being a 1-way street -- and that men do it, you as a lady shouldn't have to do it one iota. That -- I highly disagree with. Once the ball starts rolling, it takes two to tango. Unfortunately, that quote basically told the ladies that all the weight's on the guy.

This makes the most sense to me. Its pretty much in line with the analogy I made in the thread entitled "cancelled 2 hours before the date" that the dating process should be like a tennis match, with the ball being served back and forth between the man and woman.
 julystorm22
Msg: 604
view profile
History
Posted: 5/14/2019 7:05:46 PM
Exactly, like a tennis match! However, what if the guy just isn't the best communicator? Or he's hard to read? My number one frustration occurs when I'm texting a guy. Now, this only seems to happen with guys I like. I text him and he gives me one word responses and I'm trying to create open-ended conversation. Finally I say goodbye or have a good night and then I wait a day or two or three for him to text me. Finally he does and again the conversation hits a wall. And he doesn't talk too often on the phone. But then you meet in person and he's Mr. Conversation. I'm getting mixed signals here. I'm wondering if he's just not into me because he doesn't seem to be interested in conversations but when we are in person he gives me a lot of words. Is it just because he knows its gonna lead to sex?
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 605
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2019 9:59:16 AM

I related to the meme in terms of my own experience, and how *I felt about myself* in the past, when I had chased after a guy, not in terms of what others thought. Nobody else knew anything about it, as far as I know. I felt I had made a fool of myself. I haven't done that again.

It's to what Degree you "chase". The same advice goes for girls & guys. The only difference between girls & guys is that guys are going to be expected to bear most of the weight to Initiate the initial things, in boy-girl situations among strangers. After that -- the expectations on what-you-should-do is on an equal playing field.

You're not making a fool of yourself if you initiate a text with a guy after exchanging #s and he blows you off. You're not making a fool of yourself initiating a text with a guy after your 1st date and the same thing happens... nor a fool in some text convo, you bring up the idea about going out some time when he hasn't brought up the concept and some time has gone on.

Don't mistake the mere feeling of rejection = being a fool. The fool is one who positions themselves to avoid feeling rejected, yet only hits dead ends in the dating scene.

Imho, the meme does not tell women not to go after someone they want, it's telling them not to overdo it, and to realize when a guy is not that interested. We all have our preferences of how to do things, and our different comfort zones.

I disagree. It opens by saying that if a guy has actual interest in a gal, she doesn't have to do any pursuing. And that if a gal does any pursuing (taking actions) -- he's not that into her. Disagree there. But I agree with it that if a guy sits back and expects you to do everything, he isn't interested -- true. Any one-sided-only situation isn't good.

However, what if the guy just isn't the best communicator? Or he's hard to read?

If it's initial mingling in a social environment, just feel it out. If in the end, he's always that way -- he's not that into you.

I text him and he gives me one word responses and I'm trying to create open-ended conversation. Finally I say goodbye or have a good night and then I wait a day or two or three for him to text me. Finally he does and again the conversation hits a wall.

If he only gives one-word responses -- he's not that into you. Exchanging good nights, or sending the last text to him one night saying good-night doesn't mean "text me in 24 hours," to someone you haven't met quite yet or just met. By default, people aren't expected/assumed to text every day, even when they do have interest.

That said -- if they don't like communicating hardly at all -- but when meeting in person they're social, talkative, etc -- they're not interested in being an item with you.
 julystorm22
Msg: 606
view profile
History
Posted: 5/15/2019 12:11:41 PM
That's what I figured. And I think many of us know when someone's not into us but it's hard to get our minds to accept it. If the guy is rally a good catch, he will likely have other girls he can choose from, girls that have better overall scores than me. Which is why I've found my best bet is to peg off a newbie, get to them before they realize how much of a hot commodity they are. I find its the guys of average stats and looks where this is most apparent. A guy goes on pof unsure if any girls will find him attractive and then when one does he's so relieved he keeps with her. But if he spends long enough online he'll discover a lot of women are actually responding to him so he has options. I know a lot of guys on here say how hard it is being a guy on pof because there's not enough women and it takes forever to get a date BUT I think that's only true for half of guys. There are a hell of a lot of guys who have no problem finding women to go out with them.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Women always wanting men quite taller than them