Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Women always wanting men quite taller than them      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 aroundthewaygirl
Msg: 76
view profile
History
Women always wanting men quite taller than themPage 4 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Danimal-A woman who post pics showing D cups and then showing up with A cups is lying like men fudging their height, or people showing up 40 pounds heavier than their pics. It is going to come out in real life, so why bother?

Are women really fudging their cup size all that much? Wearing a push up bra to boost them isn't that different from a comb-over, wearing makeup, wearing heels etc.

I'm a 32 A. It is obvious because I wear fitted clothes. I don't have an issue with them and I've had plenty of partners who liked them or don't care. I'm positive men have looked passed me because of my small boob's and for other reasons. I reject men due to some physical traits, but I don't get pissy when men don't like my looks because I do the same thing. It isn't selfish, that's how the mating and dating world works.

I don't know if 85% of men don't like me for whatever reason, but if they do, it's their right. Nobody is owed a partner or attraction. Some people are more desirable in the dating world than others. That's life, everybody doesn't get a trophy. Constantly whining about rejection isn't doing you any favors.

If you show up on a date and the other person has a that look on their face, I would assume that the other person looks different than than the pics.

I'm sure you'll come back with, "Newsflash! Everybody lies. Newsflash! We all settle when dating. Newsflash! blah, blah, blah."

There are many people on these forums who are predictable and have their heads stuck up their own butt. It's like a train wreck here.
 Sweet_Danimal
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Women always wanting men quite taller than them
Posted: 2/21/2019 8:56:17 AM

Are women really fudging their cup size all that much?

You're failing as well to see the point of that thought experiment. It is NOT supposed to be a reality!

My point is about how guys are mechanically separated by a number in these online search engines. If women could be discriminated sight unseen by their bra cup number online, there sure as hell would be a LOT more 'dishonest' profiles out there - because ladies would realize the folly of being proven unattractive by a number - and try to buck the system. Yet, that is what happens to men's profiles every day. Just because YOU may not choose to sort by height doesn't mean it is not happening.

POF used to allow generic custom searches to anyone without a login -- you could get a number of profiles that match and read them, just couldn't message them or anything else. I did a couple local searches for guys and sorted them by height. Every single time I attempted it, there was a LOT more male profiles listed at 5' 10" (average) and taller. Not just 50/50 like statistics would have most people believe - more like 70-30 or as high as 86-14. Are 86% of the single guys in my area above-average height and cannot get dates? Hell, no. A bunch of them are fibbing. Is it a mass conspiracy to commit fraud? Hell, no - because it is exactly what the MARKET demands.

Guys fudge the number because they are tired of being ignored, plain and simple. I'm just tired of being scrutinized as a 'liar' about height or anything else in here because I am a man. Scrutiny about one number in here being the ONLY mark of 'truthful' by a bunch of people who are doing whatever creative editing and makeup they can to prove their attractiveness -- is like accusing the short kid in first grade of stealing the candy when they ALL have chocolate stains on their cheeks.
 Spectrallight
Msg: 78
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2019 11:45:04 AM

I can't believe that it's your height that is keeping you single, Mr. Hawking. You are
very attractive, you're smart and you are extremely articulate, which I assume means
you are also well read. Someone such as yourself should also have high self esteem
and confidence...which used to be a highly sought after commodity.

Yes, It's absolutely a confidence issue. Maybe if he didn't have one of his guns as a pic and had his face pic up he'd fair better. It show a lack of ... I think this fella needs a good think as I feel a lot of it is in his own head(like a lot of us).

As for short women seeking men of height. Well these tall men have already ignored such women and are no longer under consideration, nor ever were! so listing they only date taller men has left them ostracised. now short and tall men don't have an interest, and we do take notes :)
 HawkingJr
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2019 4:03:52 PM
I’m realizing this link I posted in another thread is way more appropriate over here, considering it is the exact topic of this thread:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-common-is-it-for-a-man-to-be-shorter-than-his-partner/

From that: “Their peer-reviewed study, published online in 2013, found that in 92.5 percent of couples, the man was taller than the woman and that the average height difference was 14.1 centimeters, or 5.6 inches.” Also: "But there’s a bigger issue here: Men tend to be taller than women anyway. Is it really so surprising that only 7.5 percent of heterosexual couples don’t include a man who is taller than a woman? Yes, it is. The Dutch researchers checked this by seeing what would happen if they assigned couples together at random. If choice were out of their hands, 10.2 percent of heterosexual couples would have a man either the same height or shorter than the woman — the reality is 26 percent lower than that."

“I can't believe that it's your height that is keeping you single, Mr. Hawking.”

At this point, AGE is keeping me single more than anything else. I have aged out of my appearance and most of my options. I look too young for women my age, and I am too old for younger women. And I am too inexperienced in life and romance to be this old. But thank you for the compliments.

“I'm sorry you seem to have given up...”

Every now and then I get fed up with OLD and/or “the game” and step away for a while in dramatic fashion, but I don’t think I’ve ever even fooled myself into believing that I’ve truly given up. But we have to be realistic here: 12 years is a damn long time to go without a date despite attempting to get dates being basically a full time job. And the older you get, the more the less single people there are (until you get into your 70s or so). So it is not looking good. My best years are long behind me. I blew it when I was young and had some chances, and now I have no chances. Such is life. I just really wish I could completely reprogram myself not to care like so many others (especially women) have done, but it’s pretty obvious I was not hardwired to be lonely and alone. I’ve just had to adapt to that, and I don’t appear to be nearly as good at that as everyone thinks. And I keep looking into the future and see 30-40 more years of exactly what’s been going on the past few years and start wondering, what is the point?

“Maybe if he didn't have one of his guns as a pic and had his face pic up he'd fair better. It show a lack of ...”

If only that was true, but I had true face thumbnail (many different ones) with no obvious muscles for 10+ years on here and got an average of one unsolicited view every month, sometimes going 6+ months without one. Ever since I started using this one, I’ve been averaging between 30 and 50 unsolicited views a month. But... I’m getting about the same amount of (non-scam) emails as before, so basically women are far more intrigued by this pic than any other, but click on the profile and are turned off (could be height, could be a lot of things). Now you might be able to argue: maybe this main pic is turning off women that would be interested in me but aren’t interested in muscular men. Well, from statistics alone, I have a far better chance of finding one truly interested woman among 30-50 than one woman among... one woman. So I’ll take those chances.
 ontheotherhand
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2019 4:51:37 PM
Hawking, it was my sister that pointed out to me that tall men didn't ask her out. It couldn't have been an attractive thing - you know I'm just average. My sister was beautiful. She had those great long legs and a good figure. She didn't get asked out by taller men and want afraid to approach them. The good news for me was that after my divorce I started being approached by shorter men. I've dated tall and short and learned to value the person not their height.

browneyes said:

I'm sorry you seem to have given up...but I do wish you the best and hope good things
happen to you soon.

I'd like to second that.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2019 7:22:11 PM

the purpose of that Thought Experiment was to give women a perspective on how guys are discriminated by a number they can't really control. I wasn't trying to think logistically about making it a reality.

I wasn't implying you were wanting to make it a reality. It was a comparison. My (overly-detailed) point was that it's a much bigger disadvantage for the guy lacking in height, VS the gal lacking in breast size.

MUST BE AT LEAST FEET TALL, AND NO, 5' 11 and 1/2" IS NOT SIX FEET TALL! (yes, in all caps)

Imagine if a guy said the same thing in a profile: "MUST HAVE AT LEAST 36C BREAST SIZE, AND NO, 34C or BRA ENHANCEMENTS MAKES YOU 36C!" Not that what you point out is so kosher in the online realm, but the reverse height-breast scenario would obviously be seen as crazy-talk. The gal version is just "a bit too much" said in the profile.

"Preference" is first choice, implying another choice is possible.
"Requirement" is the only choice, nothing else acceptable.

I think some women claim when confronted with the question, they see it as a "mere preference", but in reality it's more of a Requirement. But also, vice versa with some when it comes to Online (~requirement) vs IRL (~preference).

they don't do a thing for me, A's and B's suit me fine.

"Take what the Defense gives ya." (sports analogy) ;) I think larger breasts (in the right way; it's not Merely about cupped size) can do a thing for a guy who isn't thinking about breast-size -- but I get where you're cumming from. I'm not on the lookout for slightly above average or more breasts either. For most guys, it's not a deal killer. For most girls, a guy being notably one of the short ones, is.

So anyway I’m not so surprised when older guys (of any height) claim they were surprised to learn later in life that short male height is a problem, but I am a little more surprised when women say it. Having had female best friends since college, I’ve both heard/overheard them and their friends talk a lot about what they like in men and directly been told by them what they like... and height is frequently close to the top of the list.

I agree. Through experience talking (or listening) with female friends more directly, or seeing the results in what-happens, it's kind of odd one would say later in life one only realizes that height matters a lot. That said, it could take until being older until they hit the dating scene, as while being in a marriage or super-LTR, they never noticed that amongst their peers as many were taken, maybe.

Dating website forums are a gathering place for the rejected – I mean, if most of us had something better to do, I don’t think we’d be here (there are exceptions).

By that rationale, anyone on notably Active on any forums -- sports forums, dating-talk forums, workout-talk forums, food forums -- are rejects. :) I tend to disagree. People have their hobbies.

Are women really fudging their cup size all that much?

Not seemingly D -> A, no, although given enough internet dates, that can & does happen but not the norm. But with certain photo angles it can give it a bigger look, then when you meet them not so much, but then when making out at the end of date #1/2/3, the bra makes it appear even bigger than it really is at that level. That's not So uncommon. YMMV.

I don't know if 85% of men don't like me for whatever reason, but if they do, it's their right. Nobody is owed a partner or attraction.

Nobody implied anything about legal rights.

"Newsflash! Everybody lies. Newsflash! We all settle when dating. Newsflash! blah, blah, blah."

We all do. It's just whether we settle for the $1 million suitcase or the $10k suitcase. :)

Yes, It's absolutely a confidence issue. Maybe if he didn't have one of his guns as a pic and had his face pic up he'd fair better.

No, it's not "absolutely" a confidence issue. And his pic finally brought in female attention to check out his profile for once, so you're pointing out something Clearly positive, not a maybe-negative. But I will say that him not getting Any date is not entirely height. My POV: his attitude/POV/mood about dating after (negative) experiences, 1st & 2nd hand, over the years has put him Locked in a position to 'accept' not dating and move along -- and when meeting the dating arena, to never jump out of his comfort-zone.

That said, a guy at 5'4" or less online -- especially if having an attribute like no-drinking -- should not have any expectations about online. IRL is better, although one no matter what, should always keep an eye out on the online scene.
 Spectrallight
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2019 9:14:51 PM

If only that was true, but I had true face thumbnail (many different ones) with no obvious muscles for 10+ years on here and got an average of one unsolicited view every month, sometimes going 6+ months without one. Ever since I started using this one, I’ve been averaging between 30 and 50 unsolicited views a month. But... I’m getting about the same amount of (non-scam) emails as before, so basically women are far more intrigued by this pic than any other, but click on the profile and are turned off (could be height, could be a lot of things). Now you might be able to argue: maybe this main pic is turning off women that would be interested in me but aren’t interested in muscular men. Well, from statistics alone, I have a far better chance of finding one truly interested woman among 30-50 than one woman among... one woman. So I’ll take those chances.

As you wish but one thing I'd suggest is make a new pof account after saving pics and your profile text and this will lead to some users that wouldn't normally see your profile. But it will die off again. It could be what you need to help a bit. Nothing wrong with new fresh account. It won't do any harm.

No, it's not "absolutely" a confidence issue. And his pic finally brought in female attention to check out his profile for once, so you're pointing out something Clearly positive, not a maybe-negative. But I will say that him not getting Any date is not entirely height. My POV: his attitude/POV/mood about dating after (negative) experiences, 1st & 2nd hand, over the years has put him Locked in a position to 'accept' not dating and move along -- and when meeting the dating arena, to never jump out of his comfort-zone.

Actions say otherwise. He uses a pic that is equivelent to me clicking on a set of t1ts. It got my attention to look but I'm only curious who it is. He also said no increase in non spam mmessages. I'm not knocking it but said tactic is only achieving one thing raising his confidence so my comment is valid. Agree to disagree.

Ask any woman what they would rather look at an arm or a face? Go on ladies? I think they'd rather look into his eyes and yes can be viewed as negative showing of muscles because first thing some women think is . Is that all he has got going for him? which is not the case in regards to this fella.

He has a lot to offer but has to see it for himself.
 johnfromzelie
Msg: 83
Posted: 2/22/2019 11:12:47 AM
well I never saw the need to fudge my stats or even present my very best. I have no desire to have a women settle for close enough. maybe one could stretch the truth a bit to get their foot in the door but any more than a one night stand and the truth comes out. height, weight and boob size are obvious the second you meet. I would much rather meet someone that looked better than expected than to feel tricked.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2019 1:01:35 PM
I will chime in since my ol friend Hawking is here:

“Maybe if he didn't have one of his guns as a pic and had his face pic up he'd fair better. It show a lack of ...”

Actually, I think his tactic of showing his "guns" might actually be advantageous for him. for one thing he lives in Florida "beach country" and that stuff is important there in the social scene. Also since his height will put off a lot of women , he needs to compensate. Muscles on a short guy is a bit of an equalizer. In my profession we actually had a lot of short guys(Latinos and Italians tend to be shorter) and the way they compensated is by working out a lot and they got hot gals. Short guys have an advantage at the gym that us tall guys don't have. Visually they look more bulky, barrel chested then a tall guy will , unless said tall guy has a very big wide frame. By showing his muscles, women will look. When they look they can read about him and look at other pictures and see if he is someone they have interest in.

It got my attention to look but I'm only curious who it is.

Curiosity killed the cat. NUFF said!

Ask any woman what they would rather look at an arm or a face? Go on ladies?

Fail! Rule number 1 and number 2(3, 4,5,6): NEVER try to win a point by asking women those type of questions. Their answers are NOT in anyway reflective to the reality in the trenches. Hawking has to have everything going for him but ATTRACTION is first and that means "getting their attention"

I think they'd rather look into his eyes and yes can be viewed as negative showing of muscles because first thing some women think is . Is that all he has got going for him?

Maybe for some. But based on the superficial women in that age group that flood his area(and most large American cities) it doesn't hurt to grab attention. To repeat: Attraction is formed after "viewing", therefore, anything to get views is important. In addition most profiles are guys with portrait pictures and they aren't slaying it most of the time. He is showing off something better than average and I think it is smart. Ony problem might be it attracts younger than he may want.

That being said, there are a few things you should realize about Hawking. He also has standards and he excludes(or he used to) certain type of women who would be more interested in him . For example, he excluded women with children. For his age group and geographic location that is a VERY large % of women. I placed myself in Tampa years ago during my "experiment" , which I did partly to see what the issue is with Hawking. I noticed that the area is full of single moms. Much more family orientated than , lets say, Miami.
In addition, if I recall he only wanted to date white women. Hispanics and Asians seem , by my observation, less orientated to attract only tall guys. It is true. I see short "papi chulos" walking around all the time with women. The women are short also. Same with Asians. He consciously eliminates a large pool of women who are more likely to be interested in him.

Lastly, I haven't read his NEW profile, but his old one was not the type that makes a women say" wow, hes different and I want to write him, even though I never initiate with men". When he uses his writing ability to do that he will do better probably.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2019 1:02:41 PM

Actions say otherwise.

No, they don't. Now, I'm feeding off what he has done, where you are not aware of -- so it gives me an advantage, so I'm just informing you. And, it's something one can learn and seems to make sense: He complained for years that he would never get girls clicking on his profile. SO few views, like finding a blade of grass in the desert. He then put up that as his primary photo -- and viola -- he got a ton of views.

Now, that isn't the finishing line -- no. But it Is Better than before where nobody would view his profile. It brings them in to evaluate his whole profile. And yes, a girl that I would otherwise pass on has a Greater Chance if her primary photo is from the neck down showing a Nice Body (which is a better comparison). Although I may not write her due to her, say, being 6'1" and her face revealing that she's not my style -- I have a greater chance to bite. Because there's a clear element of attraction I would not see prior. Yeah, yeah "Not Me though" many will say (lack of knowledge + pride). Many more do than they claim in theory.

I'm not knocking it but said tactic is only achieving one thing raising his confidence so my comment is valid.

It's better than ZERO. That is my point. For years he was getting basically ZERO. He at least makes one look at his profile which they never did before -- and unless it was a fake pic or he has some mutated face -- it Increases his chances. That's a fact. But again, no, I'm not saying that's the "finish line".

Ask any woman what they would rather look at an arm or a face?

1. An arm is not at all his main pic. It's his body, minus his face (much like one would see on a sex site as main pic)

2. Of course many would say they'd rather see the face In the primary thumbnail -- but Far Far less would click in comparison. Going by answers to your question does Not Equal better results. Otherwise, we'd just ask girls what they want a guy to do to garner their interest, and we'd just keep in-step with what they claim -- and success! Right? Wrong. That's why Mr Nice Guys get frustrated. It doesn't mean polar opposite to everything said. But just like different results you'd see in what guys Say they'd do if a gal's primary photo was just their great body where they'd be writing & truly considering less if it wasn't there -- same especially for gals. So no, you don't take their word for it in a forum when it comes to stuff like that.

He clearly got a lot of views, when he had NONE before for SO LONG. That is Unarguably a step in the right direction when you wouldn't have that, even mixing your photos around. But no, I'm not saying the job is done. But his chances to garner conversation, IF initiated right by him, Are Better.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2019 1:09:35 PM
I just read his profile. WTF? It is more plain then I remember. Hawking, those type of profiles don't contribute to forming attraction.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2019 3:08:26 PM

I just read his profile. WTF? It is more plain then I remember. Hawking, those type of profiles don't contribute to forming attraction.

His profile is not at all WTF empty at all where lack of content by itself prevents forming attraction. I highly disagree there. With evaluations out there actually, a guy not writing much in the profile actually gets better returns. But YMMV based on your looks vs hers, and of course, it depends on What you say.

Speaking of which, in his profile separated in the middle sticking out: "Oh, and I *love* drama." I wince at that. :)

And in the next line: "I like to think of myself as an ordinary guy with the potential to be extraordinary." I wouldn't recommend establishing yourself as Explicitly an "ordinary guy", who, well, with enough luck could some day be more than that.

Not to say these are universal deal killers across the board -- but he needs all the help he can get. I'd highly recommend only having Pics #: 1,3,6,10,12. I'd also under job say "Researcher/Writer" -- kill the "Writer of things", as too many girls can take that as a guy trying to make something of himself instead of Being something. And on the drinking answer -- I would put Socially (yes, a fib) since he does go out to bars with (female) friends and people rightfully assume a straight-up "No" will equate to the person not liking the night life at all, where he Is willing as the exception beyond assumption.
 aroundthewaygirl
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2019 3:09:44 PM
Nice looking face you have, AdventureJoe.

So, Hawking's rants about not being to attract a female is pretty much bullshit? You don't say..

There's no way he can live in a city like Tampa and not be able to get a nice looking chick.

Thanks for spilling the beans on the real Hawking. He's ridiculous picky but wants to whine and play the victim. He had a lot of people fooled.

HawkingJr
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2019 3:47:07 PM
“It got my attention to look but I'm only curious who it is.”

A very WIDE variety of women, as varied as there are women on POF. Whereas with my previous main pics, I could almost be guaranteed that the one woman a month viewing my profile was, well... let’s just say, not most guys’ cup of tea, to keep it as non-offensive as possible. But now I get everything from supermodels to Walmart regulars, just randomly popping up. As someone else said, I think you underestimate the importance of physical attractiveness to women, at least on OLD. I’m not about to sit here and claim they aren’t more likely to date some guy generally thought of as unattractive based on other appealing factors than a man is to date an unattractive woman due to other appealing factors, but OLD in particular is pretty much entirely an initial attraction game – it’s difficult to imagine why a man OR woman would click on somebody’s profile unless they found the person in the thumbnail attractive (that is, unsolicited) – I mean, curiosity if the pic is crazy-looking or mysterious (which you could argue mine is), but why otherwise click on a pic you see nothing attractive in? Hence why so few women clicked on my profile with all those many other pics where you could clearly see my face and had no muscles: they could immediately tell there was nothing attractive to them there. In real life, it’s obviously very different, as anyone can meet somebody and think nothing much of them on initial view, then after hanging around with them an hour, suddenly think that person is the coolest in the world. On OLD it’s one view and done, no matter how great the personality the profile suggests – that doesn’t help you if they never get to that point!

“I'm not knocking it but said tactic is only achieving one thing raising his confidence so my comment is valid.”

I don’t really disagree – I’m getting women to my profile, but it is turning them off, so they aren’t messaging. I would argue it’s mostly my height (which is not obvious until you click on the profile), and maybe some ethnicity since it’s tough to say what my ethnicity is until you click my profile, because statistically and as a general rule, these characteristics put me in the bottom 1%, but maybe some of it is a bad or mediocre profile. That said, though, I do get like 5% of women to write me back if I initiate contact, and they always express excitement about my pictures (all the places I’ve been) and what they’ve read in the profile – with me being in the bottom 1%, I’d say that’s overachieving – think about it, 99% of women wouldn’t date me no matter what I put in my profile, but I’m getting 5% to write back. Aroundthewaygirl aside, most women in the forums are fine with my profile, though everybody’s got advice – I mean, I think we can all agree it’s better than the vast majority of men’s (not that I’ve looked at theirs much lately, but women complain about the nothingness in their profiles all the time, in the forums and in women’s profiles!). As for “drama,” I was just trying to play off all the profiles I’ve seen in which the woman says she “hates drama.” My humor is not for everyone. But whose is? Isn’t that part of this whole thing – finding someone that shares your humor, among other things?

Thanks, ontheotherhand, and I’ll have to get back to some of Joe’s points when I have more time but I got to go.
 julystorm22
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2019 3:50:18 PM
My best friend growing up was short and blonde. I was tall with dark brown hair. I used to notice how guys gravitated to her. I was pretty much ignored when she was around. There were five of us girls who hung out together and it always struck me that the two short blonde ones got all the attention. And from what I observed of tall brunette friends, they were definitely pretty and I actually thought my one friend was more attractive than the two blondes but guys kind of didn't notice her either when my blonde friends were around. However, when the two short blondes weren't with us, we brunettes got attention. In my university group it went the same way. There's a reason brunettes feel so threatened/jealous/resentful of blondes. I know its nowhere near the same as feeling less liked because of your race, but some of the feelings are similar. After many years it doesn't escape your notice that a specific physical type does get more attention from the opposite sex. Blonde, thin, short. And I was brunette, average weight and tall when I was in my 20s and now I'm more than average weight so I feel like much less on the attractability scale. And the blonde/brunette thing, that whole issue resurfaced because I was left for a short, thin blonde.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2019 4:00:27 PM

I don’t think this is very accurate. Tall men, just like short men, go after ATTRACTIVE women, and in tall men’s cases, it’s almost always regardless of height. If anything, tall guys are probably more attracted to tall women, because most men (regardless of height) find long sexy legs attractive.

I agree it's ATTRACTIVE first & foremost -- but I disagree with you that tall guys are more attracted to taller women due to long sexy legs attractive (you can find that based on girls who aren't tall too btw; but I get your point). Plenty of guys who I know and have known who are notably tall, have said they really like short girls (more).

Now, that doesn't mean that's only what they want at all (like most gals virtually Only wanting a guy taller than they), or that it heeds them in any way for an opportunity with an equally attractive girl who's kinda tall.

1) Short to them isn't short to you. So there's more leeway there on 'short' relative to them, like average height girls. :)

2) The dominance effect, much like short gals being ga-ga about a guy over 6 foot. He can like it the other way.

3) Possibly heaviest factor: When you're really tall, out with your friends, mingling with chicks -- by default, naturally, you're going to be aimed at the taller chick, if all of the said girls are roughly in the same league. You at 6'4" are not going to scoot your buddy Brad who's 5'8" away from the 5'4" chick, instead of rolling in the direction of the otherwise equally attractive 5'9" gal. So if he hangs out with a lot of single friends and he's the tall one, the cute short gals are something he can't quite have as often as he'd like. Hence, desiring it more in combination with getting a "spinner", which all guys like.

That said, no, he's not going to brush off a Great Looking gal who's 5'10" and over a 5'4" gal who's (merely) decent looking. There is also a pull toward said tall women, as he's going to be less intimidated by said gals and knows said gals like taller guys not out of unique, but instead very basic predictable taste -- thus, "advantage ME, the tall dude." In a different way, a pull toward either.

But like lots of things we go in swings of what we can lean on, fully aware or not. Having a hankering for redheads for a while, or certain types/shades of a gal VS others, etc.

ALL that said, I'm not a "tall guy". I take what the defense gives me. But I will say, I do have an anted-up attraction to attractive women who are taller than me. Part of it is I think it's something I can't quite have -- but also a different experience where there's "more" of that attractive presence. And I'm a guy nor rail-thin by any means, so it's not that I feel physically intimidated.

But I can see even attractive tall women feeling more left out than their otherwise equal counterparts. But I think that's out of intimidation that guys will feel in approaching them. A guy getting shot down by a Tall woman has more sting to it, and also playing in the realistic-chances concept when eyeing them, and she in her heels is taller than yourself, and there's taller guys around.
 Spectrallight
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 2/22/2019 5:00:50 PM

He clearly got a lot of views, when he had NONE before for SO LONG. That is Unarguably a step in the right direction when you wouldn't have that, even mixing your photos around. But no, I'm not saying the job is done. But his chances to garner conversation, IF initiated right by him, Are Better.

It's pretty clear I didn't really know the in's and outs till yourself and joe both enlightened me. It's all down to him initiating like your say but after learning that he's a fussy bleeder rather than needing help kind of make most input invalid from me. Don't know if I can really call it fussy. If he knows what he wants. But can't really complain at same time.

and regarding his pic fair point. It does show more than an arm but it is quite the focus of said pic.

Curiosity killed the cat. NUFF said!

but was it the only thing it killed hehe. nuff said ;)

Fail! Rule number 1 and number 2(3, 4,5,6): NEVER try to win a point by asking women those type of questions. Their answers are NOT in anyway reflective to the reality in the trenches. Hawking has to have everything going for him but ATTRACTION is first and that means "getting their attention"

I don't try to win a point on the net. Maybe 10+ years ago I would've but now can't be bothered with getting out my extra deet haha. rule number 1 for me is always ask the questions because you can constantly ammend your viewpoints. How would I learn anything new otherwise. No fella. You got me wrong there sadly with all due respect.

Maybe for some. But based on the superficial women in that age group that flood his area(and most large American cities) it doesn't hurt to grab attention. To repeat: Attraction is formed after "viewing", therefore, anything to get views is important. In addition most profiles are guys with portrait pictures and they aren't slaying it most of the time. He is showing off something better than average and I think it is smart. Ony problem might be it attracts younger than he may want.

That being said, there are a few things you should realize about Hawking. He also has standards and he excludes(or he used to) certain type of women who would be more interested in him . For example, he excluded women with children. For his age group and geographic location that is a VERY large % of women. I placed myself in Tampa years ago during my "experiment" , which I did partly to see what the issue is with Hawking. I noticed that the area is full of single moms. Much more family orientated than , lets say, Miami.
In addition, if I recall he only wanted to date white women. Hispanics and Asians seem , by my observation, less orientated to attract only tall guys. It is true. I see short "papi chulos" walking around all the time with women. The women are short also. Same with Asians. He consciously eliminates a large pool of women who are more likely to be interested in him.

Right I see so all by his own doing. 2 choices really. Ammend his approach or possibly wait how many years more?

As someone else said, I think you underestimate the importance of physical attractiveness to women, at least on OLD.

I understand it well fella. See I'm not exactly the most pleasing to look at and had relationship, knee tremblers, best date in my life from this site(not many can say that) but that person was worst piece of shizzle I came across in my life. My son wouldn't meet her. Now people would say he was being awkward but when I got rid he tried palming me of on another woman I was into before her right of the bat. But her true colours come to light (racist) so cya.

I get messages from decent women like a pastor for example which was 5ft 10. Sadly I don't do religion as I grew out of it at 10 years old and don't do make beleieve. I think need to change my username and remove medicine bag necklace pic. I'm not anti religion but how can I support a woman like that inm this way. And it isn't the only religous women to contact either. I also don't want a 3 some with me, her and the almighty fantasy. I was brought up by a devout roman catholic woman too, and judging by that good womans hard life. Prayers fall on death ears.

I have to go viewing their profiles for most part. Thats how I get my messages. They expect us to chase. I don't even message nowadays. Why? I'm not stuck here by a long shot even though I'm a 5ft 6 ugg troll lol.

I don't underestimate one bit. Where I lack, I make it up elsewhere, and I always get a 2nd date. I think understand the importance of physical attractiveness fine.

I do get like 5% of women to write me back if I initiate contact, and they always express excitement about my pictures (all the places I’ve been) and what they’ve read in the profile – with me being in the bottom 1%

Maybe, It's about time to convert that 5% and take a chance on one of those that express that excitement. There is no such thing as perfection.
Posted: 2/22/2019 5:17:40 PM

I think his tactic of showing his "guns"

Thanks for clearing this up for me. I kept looking at his pics wondering where the one with the gun was.

most women in the forums are fine with my profile, though everybody’s got advice – I mean, I think we can all agree it’s better than the vast majority of men’s

I agree, Your profile is well written and is full of conversation starters. So much better then the ones I use to see when I used this site for dating.

Not all women want men quite taller than them. I prefer shorter men as long as they are fit and muscular. Short or tall men with beer bellies aren't attractive to me.
 Cynderella
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2019 8:52:41 AM
I like taller men only cuz it gives me an excuse to buy some new 6 inch stilettos.
 aroundthewaygirl
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2019 9:27:27 AM
Hawking wrote:
"Aroundthewaygirl aside, most women in the forums are fine with my profile..."

Now, where did I say anything about your profile? I said your postings reeked of bs, the 'woe is me' mentality is suspicious. What Joe said made complete sense and if he was mistaken or lying, the fact you didn't address his comments, makes me think that he knows what he is talking about.

"I think we can all agree it's better than the majority of men's... "

Now, I am going to make a comment on your profile. Don't you think that your quote is a bit arrogant? Your pics look old, you list your hobbies (fine, that is what one should do) and under conversation starters it's all about meeeeeee and lists a bunch of places that you have been. I guess that it's good that you have confidence in something.

I have taken a look at KonaleeIce (?) and Spectra's profiles. They have current pics (they look current to me), lists their likes, and a simple blurb or two under conversation starters. These are just two profiles that I picked from this forum and they are what I would call good, humble, honest profiles. Your profile doesn't stand out to me in a good way. Others will have their own opinion on what is a good or bad profile.

The men who are always banging on how they can't get a date because of all of of these women demand this or that, whining nobody likes me, I HAVE to lie in my profile etc. is so old and tiresome. Yes, the are some women and men that have such demands, maybe they will get what they want, maybe not. There's plenty of men and women, online and real life, who are 'normal' and enjoying each other's company.

I think it was Spectra who had good advice: go away, take a break, and create a new profile. Lots of people here need a good long break from all of this nonsense.
 cooldog65
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2019 11:20:07 AM

I like taller men only cuz it gives me an excuse to buy some new 6 inch stilettos.

6 inches? Oh, we're talking stilettos...
 HawkingJr
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2019 2:21:46 PM
“For example, he excluded women with children”

Obviously the older I get, the bigger problem this becomes –you’re really talking about discussions from an era in which the majority of women close to my age didn’t have children, vs. now, in which the vast majority of women my age have children. I’m at the point where if an attractive, interesting woman with children (particularly older children) contacts me, I will consider it, but I still don’t go out of my way to initiate contact with women who have children. No doubt the competition for childless women in their late 30s and 40s is fierce and it should not be surprising that I don’t get much response out of them.

But again, let’s refresh our memories on why I tend to avoid women with children: I don’t like children. And people who don’t like children probably shouldn’t be dating people who have children. Indeed, women with children seem to agree: despite how few women close to my age there are remaining without children, I still get more unsolicited messages and matches from women without children than with children. I recently got to the point of having an actual vocal conversation with a very attractive woman on Bumble, and her side of the conversation just kept turning to her young child over and over again. Which I had nothing much to respond with, since I have essentially no experience with young children. Unless it’s a mother like my best friend, who has almost never acted like a mother and certainly not since her kids became teenagers, it’s pretty unlikely I’ll have enough in common with a mother to keep a conversation going. We pretty much suffered from mutual disinterest – I mean, I would have dated her anyway despite my disinterest because according to her pics she was superhot, but HER disinterest made that a moot point (haven’t heard from her since).

“In addition, if I recall he only wanted to date white women.”

Yeah, I’m pretty sure I never said that. I’ve had dates (in the distant past) with numerous Hispanics and a couple of Asians. But as I recently pointed out somewhere else in these forums, they may be shorter, but the cultural bridge is much more difficult to cross, from their perspective more than mine. Dating a Hispanic woman with rudimentary Spanish skills around here is muy dificil, not so much because they want to converse with you in Spanish, but more because you probably don’t understand her culture and her family. Unless you’re talking about an extremely assimilated Hispanic woman like my best friend... who actually can’t speak Spanish any better than I can, but it has been a few generations since her family settled here. At that point, though, you’re just talking about a plain old white woman with tan skin, with the same height preferences as any American woman. I assumed you were referring to first or second generation Hispanics and Asians.

“Maybe, It's about time to convert that 5% and take a chance on one of those that express that excitement.”

Unfortunately, POF remains a “shiny object” site. You can have a great conversation going with a woman, then a “shinier object” contacts her, and next thing you know, you’ve been ghosted. In my experience, it is the worst “shiny object” site of all OLD – on paid sites like Match and eH, there is far less competition, and on swiping apps like Bumble and Tinder, women tend to stop/slow browsing/swiping when they have a good conversation going with a guy (which means, they don’t get very many new messages during that period), but on POF, every morning you are competing anew with dozens of (often superior) guys in a woman’s inbox, and first even hint of a red flag, she’s a ghost.

“Others will have their own opinion on what is a good or bad profile.”

Glad you put that in there, considering the woman above you said “Your profile is well written and is full of conversation starters” (thanks for that post, Stratosfere!). I mean, it’s pretty obvious that there is no universe in which you (aroundthewaygirl) and I would date, so the fact that my profile turned you off only makes sense, right? But just so you know, I’ve had dozens of different profiles on here – I’ve had profiles with almost nothing in them and profiles that reached the maximum number of characters, I’ve had profiles that were essentially written by “expert” forum profile reviewers (I should point, I’ve never once seen anything close to a consensus there for ANYBODY’S profile – different strokes for different folks). Same results (or lack thereof) with every one of them, as far as women making first contact.

As for the pics, I don’t really age (the worst thing about me from many women’s point-of-view), but one of Spectra’s pics explicitly states it’s from Sept 18, and I have a couple that are newer than that, and most are either from summer 2018 or summer 2017. The only “old” one is the movie premiere photo from 2015, which I keep on there to prove I have friends (my best friend I keep talking about is in that photo) and also because it’s just a pretty damn cool thing to most people that I wrote and produced a movie that got major distribution. The only real interesting thing I do most years is travel, and I figure it’s better to have pics of interesting things than a half dozen selfies in your house. The #1 interest/hobby in most women’s profiles I come across is travel, so instead of just saying “I like traveling,” I’m SHOWING that I travel. Which a lot of women do in their profiles, too – in fact, the #1 opening topic for me with most initial emails is a comment/question about the places depicted in a woman’s pictures. Coming up with an interesting opening email for women who have a half dozen selfies in their homes is much more difficult, and usually I just don’t even bother (that is, making the email interesting – I still write them, of course!).

BTW, I’m not complaining about what women want. I’m just stating facts and opinions – people ask how the hell do you go 12 years without a date (or for that matter, all of high school and college before that), and I explain. But I have no problem with women having preferences, which don’t include me. That would be highly hypocritical, considering there’s no way I can date (another) obese woman. The world is the way it is, and I’m just going to have to continue living with that, or die, whichever comes first. But in the meanwhile, when I’m bored, I come in here and argue. Mostly the same old damn arguments for 12 years. But sometimes, it’s better than nothing.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 2/24/2019 3:08:19 PM

But again, let’s refresh our memories on why I tend to avoid women with children: I don’t like children. And people who don’t like children probably shouldn’t be dating people who have children.

But let's also refresh our memories when we've ever had a date: It's just a date (or 2 or 3). The aim/goal isn't to mesh lives with said girl. And you can stop/prevent that Quite easily from the get-go. Your issue is that you can't get a date. The issue with a gal having kids is her time availability, when it cums to Just Dating. You not being able to get a date since Star Trek the Next Generation was a new show on TV -- will skew your perspective on what to expect, etc. And before you'd even get into a Relationship with a particular gal -- you'd need to get "just dates" under your belt anyway in the dating scene, which you have not gotten to yet.

Reminds me of Mustang's post a year or two ago about a smoking hot gal working at the bank. His reaction about not making a bold move or to go in when she was working to warm her up to feel her out potentially -- she seemed to have kids or seemed to be into this-or-that and not quite his type. My inner thoughts upon reading it: "Dude, you're not arranged-marriage shopping! And fine if you're swamped with dates and you certainly can pick up on this proven to follow thru with high % and she wouldn't be worth date-juggling when you got some real cuties hankering for ya. That's not the case."

Plus, gals around your age (35-45) may have kids who aren't mere children anymore, and their schedules are more free. I can understand wincing about getting into "going steady" territory with a particular gal you end up hitting it off with who does have offspring. But wouldn't you Like to run into avoiding that scenario after date #x VS watching Home Alone II too often?

Unfortunately, POF remains a “shiny object” site. You can have a great conversation going with a woman, then a “shinier object” contacts her, and next thing you know, you’ve been ghosted.

I agree -- but YMMV when comparing to other sites. I think it's not much worse than Tinder. Although Bumble is a bit better, but IMO, it's due to the gals having to write first, which gives them a sense of investment (and they're not merely replying to a guy-initiated message to-be-nice).

And when it comes to POF, your height is going to play a role moreso than IRL when it comes to gals as short or shorter than you. Still worth getting into some for practice & improvement, tho.
 Spectrallight
Msg: 99
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2019 12:44:07 PM

I’m getting women to my profile, but it is turning them off

I joined Bumble and within 5 profiles a very attractive educated lady said that is looking for muscular men:

"I don't want to see your big muscly arms or you topless torso now. Let's leave that for the 3rd date ;)"

so If a woman whom is looking for this is getting turned off then see the issue I was pointing out Hawking.

Anyhoo, leave you to it. I'm sure you'll just continue as is and not take the appropriate action needed ;)
 cooldog65
Msg: 100
view profile
History
Posted: 2/26/2019 6:27:09 PM

Anyhoo, leave you to it. I'm sure you'll just continue as is and not take the appropriate action needed ;)

Nothing has changed since I've been here. Wash, rinse, repeat...
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Women always wanting men quite taller than them