Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Sock Puppet Culture?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 jackal44
Msg: 276
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?Page 12 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
***Well....it seems that POF finally figured out a way to thwart Platy from posting under any more profiles.....**(*

For better or worse, there is no good "way" to stop somebody from registering and posting here unless match is willing to become much less user friendly or is willing to greatly limit the number registering. And I kind of doubt a moderator wants to pay attention every minute of the day to terminate unwanted profiles. They apparently like to take days off too.

Suck it up Shirley. You are a big girl. Just accept there are those who will never agree with you and might be willing to point out logical fallacies in what you opine here. Threatening people with hell tends to rile them up some.
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 277
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 4/25/2019 7:46:39 PM
Wrong thread Jack....no problem with the fact that you're back or even differing opinions cause you're right. I am a big girl. It was just an observation in the appropriate thread....don't go gittin all riled up now.

DressedToKill
Msg: 278
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 4/30/2019 1:52:35 PM
I find it interesting that some have admitted to participating in the crazy train thread yet don’t take responsibility for their choice to do so. No you didn’t let yourself get caught up. You actively chose to participate just the way i choose to own my posts. Have a good day
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 279
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 4/30/2019 3:21:39 PM
^^^
Another reincarnation bites the dust~

So sad.
 spot4username
Msg: 280
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 5/1/2019 2:02:34 AM
^^^
Perhaps she self deleted because she did such an awful job filtering/shopping that photo?

Indeed, so sad.
 SomewhereInTheStratosfere
Msg: 281
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 5/1/2019 4:09:20 AM

Perhaps she self deleted because she did such an awful job filtering/shopping that photo?

Indeed, so sad.

Says the woman without any photo. Sad Indeed!
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 282
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 5/1/2019 4:52:15 AM
I missed it! Dang! Who do you think that "Dressed to Kill" was?

overunity
Msg: 283
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 5/1/2019 6:32:00 AM
^^^ It was blond wig, but she has other profiles as
well that she's using to "test the waters".
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 5/2/2019 4:06:41 AM

Says the woman without any photo. Sad Indeed!

She has posted pictures before, and they got a high approval rating from the male members here.
Msg: 285
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 5/2/2019 5:37:24 AM
{quote]She has posted pictures before, and they got a high approval rating from the male members here.
I've been here quite some time and I've yet to see any. Regardless, that wasn't really my point, try to keep up, will you! Or do I need to explain it to you? Yep ! I probably do. It's pretty hypocritical to accuse someone of photoshopping their pics, when you have none of your own.
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 5/2/2019 6:40:25 AM

I've been here quite some time and I've yet to see any.

Well, that settles it. YOU didn't see them, so they were never posted.

Regardless, that wasn't really my point, try to keep up, will you! Or do I need to explain it to you? Yep ! I probably do.

Your "point" was an inaccurate claim. Speaking of explaining, though, should I explain to you how to use quote tags?
 ontheotherhand
Msg: 287
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 5/2/2019 10:05:15 AM

It's pretty hypocritical to accuse someone of photoshopping their pics, when you have none of your own.

Maybe you should explain why it's hypocritical. Not showing pictures is not misrepresenting oneself. Photoshop is.
 spot4username
Msg: 288
view profile
History
Have fun storming the castle!
Posted: 5/2/2019 10:53:45 AM

hypocritical

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means.

Hypocritical would be calling a person out for poor filtering/photoshopping if I am doing the same.

Hypocritical would be calling a person out for not having a photo posted when I do not.

Hypocritical would be calling a person out for lying about their age if I was lying about mine.
Msg: 289
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 5/2/2019 1:24:59 PM

Well, that settles it. YOU didn't see them, so they were never posted

Well that settles it. Because you seen some pics she had posted eons ago, and apparently slapped your seal of approval on them, there is no way in hell she is a hypocrite now, for not having any posted now and accusing someone else of photoshopping theirs. okey dokey, there smokey!

Your "point" was an inaccurate claim

Ummm, no it was not. Pretty hypocritical to accuse someone of photo shopping their pics, when you have none yourself on display. Especially so , when said person is no longer here to defend herself. Not only is it hypocritical, it's catty as hell, too.

Speaking of explaining, though, should I explain to you how to use quote tags?

No thanks, but thanks for the offer. I'm quite aware how the quote tags work. If I need some help around here, I will go ask Norwegian.

Maybe you should explain why it's hypocritical. Not showing pictures is not misrepresenting oneself. Photoshop is.

Accusing someone of photoshopping their pics when you yourself have none on display is not only hypocritical, it's catty. It would be much like someone calling posters fugly, when this person doesn't have a pic displayed themselves.

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means

Im quite aware what it means and so are you. You remind us often enough of your status as a MENSA member. I know for a fact you know the meaning of catty.
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 290
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 5/2/2019 5:13:23 PM
Hmmm.....didn't know about the approval rating process. What? Like....do you get together privately to rate profile pictures? Lol.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 291
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 5/2/2019 6:09:41 PM
^^^possibly mirror images of the same person, distorted.
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 5/2/2019 6:46:05 PM

Ummm, no it was not. Pretty hypocritical to accuse someone of photo shopping their pics, when you have none yourself on display.

Are you pretending to not understand the concept of hypocrisy just to keep this thread going?

Especially so , when said person is no longer here to defend herself.

So what? No one is ever to be spoken of again once their profile is deleted?

No thanks, but thanks for the offer. I'm quite aware how the quote tags work. If I need some help around here, I will go ask Norwegian.

You do that. While you're at it, hire Julystorm as your relationship counselor.
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 293
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 5/3/2019 12:45:47 AM
I was watching something on TV yesterday morning because I’m off work. Sickness and diarrhoea, I’m quite poo-rly.
Anyway so they (tv people) were having a chat about whether there should be an age where you cant wear certain things, leggings on older women being included.
This one woman was championing women’s right to wear what they want at any age. She said ‘it saddens me to see women call other women out for how they look’, referencing an article where a female fashion designer put down a model. I thought yes! We have a winner.
She then said ‘I mean have you seen how that designer looks’.
So she went in the bin lol
Msg: 294
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 5/3/2019 5:11:04 AM

Are you pretending to not understand the concept of hypocrisy just to keep this thread going?

If you have another word or words for her terrible behavior, I'm open to hearing them!

So what? No one is ever to be spoken of again once their profile is deleted?

I'm not sure how you operate but most people don't make unfounded accusations against someone who isn't here to defend themselves.

You do that. While you're at it, hire Julystorm as your relationship counselor.

Since we all seem to be single here, it would appear, she seems to be about as expert as anyone else here. Once again, thanks for the unsolicited advice, but I think I will ask Joe for relationship advice. If I decide I might need it.

I was watching something on TV yesterday morning because I’m off work. Sickness and diarrhoea, I’m quite poo-rly.
Anyway so they (tv people) were having a chat about whether there should be an age where you cant wear certain things, leggings on older women being included.
This one woman was championing women’s right to wear what they want at any age. She said ‘it saddens me to see women call other women out for how they look’, referencing an article where a female fashion designer put down a model. I thought yes! We have a winner.
She then said ‘I mean have you seen how that designer looks’.
So she went in the bin lol

You sure spend lots of time watching videos and tv. You really should get out in the world. Then you may realize, confident, fit women, don't care what, shall we say, not so fit, catty girls think. They are too busy getting compliments!

Hmmm.....didn't know about the approval rating process. What? Like....do you get together privately to rate profile pictures? Lol.

I can vouch Dressed To Kill's photos were real. I have met her in person.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 295
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 5/3/2019 5:29:56 AM
^^^maybe you ARE her~

hahahahaha

such a hoot this place!
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 296
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 5/3/2019 5:50:54 AM
Maybe I’m her......
She’s gorgeous
Blondes definitely have more attention :)
Msg: 297
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 5/3/2019 6:08:19 AM

maybe you ARE her~

Maybe I am, or maybe she is me. Definitely she is me, it's good to be me.

such a hoot this place!

You couldn't make this stuff up.

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.

Yes I can. Only one of the reasons its good to be me!
 Inicia
Msg: 298
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 5/3/2019 8:26:05 AM
comfortable with self, and choices for self as well as self expression ceases to be explained in way to fault/compare or judge others. feels great. i still struggle to let go of an ideology that wants fairness, and humanity represented with words shared. i may not express consistently because it is very difficult to separate the source from its product, many of my byproduct responses/reactions/interactions; will contain remnants of considering the source. Often finding enmeshed in self's social conditioning for interaction. Our cants become choices, vis a versa our choices become cants .
Yet, wherein our responsibility lay in both, cants are not a choice. ie letting go of unattainable is a choice, unattainable: CANT. what is unattainable, does not mean i didn't want that, i would never do that, i'm not that kind, or that those who can are better or worse, right or wrong.
Here is a real can't: understanding fully another human beings life and "why" they choose. But we can, as individuals, be responsible to understand our own costume, i am the only one who knows what, why, where, my skin is the shape it is in. i bet it is fun as hell to try on costumes, i loved it as a child. Truly a lost glory/art, playing pretend. the costumes certainly can offer insight. it actually sounds quite appealing. maybe it will end up on my bucket list: sock puppet 101
 Tru_Blue
Msg: 299
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 5/3/2019 9:13:23 AM

sock puppet 101

I can understand making a profile/sock puppet and pretending not to be "you" especially when you are repeatedly removed. It may give you the freedom to express your true self....for those that use a phoney persona to begin with.
But to have several aliases and post or cheer on..."yourself"...or accuse others of doing what you are doing.
Is a bit bizarre to me.
jmo.
P.S. I know I'm not her....or am I?
 ontheotherhand
Msg: 300
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 5/3/2019 12:58:04 PM

I'm not sure how you operate but most people don't make unfounded accusations against someone who isn't here to defend themselves.

Funny you should say that. You and BA/MyTrue Companion were talking about whiterose after she was deleted - starting with post 327

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/16701541datingPostpage14.aspx
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Sock Puppet Culture?