Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Sock Puppet Culture?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 ontheotherhand
Msg: 300
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?Page 13 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)

I'm not sure how you operate but most people don't make unfounded accusations against someone who isn't here to defend themselves.

Funny you should say that. You and BA/MyTrue Companion were talking about whiterose after she was deleted - starting with post 327

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/16701541datingPostpage14.aspx
 SomewhereInTheStratosfere
Msg: 301
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 5/3/2019 2:09:50 PM

Funny you should say that. You and BA/MyTrue Companion were talking about whiterose after she was deleted - starting with post 327

you will have to point out the unfounded accusations I made about Granny after she was nuked. I'm not seeing them. Everything I said to Miss Micki about what Granny said is easily verifiable. As for B.A, She was making those accusations about Granny being Skies before she was nuked. She said nothing there that she hadn't said to her face one million times. Right down to the little religious crack. Spot on the other hand, was caught in a obscure thread along with Granny and another poster, who shall remain nameless, making passive aggressive comments about B.A. Then she made her catty little comment here. I don't recall her telling B.A when she was here that her photos were photoshopped. No, so much easier to just go to a obscure thread and participate in the nastiness. Then post catty little comments when said poster is no longer around. There is one heck of a difference between two posters who are fighting with one another making nasty comments to one another's faces and a total random just being a catty hypocrite.

But please, point out those unfounded allegations I made about Granny after she was nuked. As I recall, I was being accused of having her nuked. Talk about unfounded allegations!
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 302
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 5/3/2019 2:20:54 PM
"making passive aggressive comments about B.A."

This is laugh out loud funny! BA has been making passive agressive remarks about posters for years....especially, right after she deletes them.

And she makes up and spreads absolute lies in PMs.

She is the forum Queen of Catty! Lmao!

***And yeah....I don't like talking about anyone that isn't here to defend themselves, either, so if anyone here is reporting BA profiles....please stop. (I think it is system delete at this point....but if she gets one to stick.....let her stay)....cause I have no problem addressing her directly. :)
Msg: 303
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 5/3/2019 2:45:35 PM

And yeah....I don't like talking about anyone that isn't here to defend themselves, either, so if anyone here is reporting BA profiles....please stop. (I think it is system delete at this point....but if she gets one to stick.....let her stay)....cause I have no problem addressing her directly. :)

She looks forward to her return. Apparently, so do many others.
 ontheotherhand
Msg: 304
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 5/3/2019 2:49:44 PM

But please, point out those unfounded allegations I made about Granny after she was nuked. As I recall, I was being accused of having her nuked. Talk about unfounded allegations!

Nice backpedaling. No one has said anything about BA/DressedToKill in here that hasn't been said in other threads and to her.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 305
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 5/3/2019 3:32:26 PM
Whatever or whoever we think we are may not be right. So, what is left?

If you are you and I am me then the sock puppet culture is merely just a thread. And, therefore we are all just ourselves. Unless, we happen to be someone else. But who?

I do appreciate all of the input as to who is who though. When I figure out who I am you should let me know who you are. Threads like this one help in that regard IMHO.

I hope this post clears everything up concerning sock puppets and their growth and culture. If nothing else the socks and puppets just add to the diverse opinions added by the participants of this thread. Bravo.
Msg: 306
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 5/3/2019 4:19:32 PM

Nice backpedaling.

this was my quote
I'm not sure how you operate but most people don't make unfounded accusations against someone who isn't here to defend themselves

You changed it to fit your agenda to
You and BA/MyTrue Companion were talking about whiterose after she was deleted -
Which wasn't what my quote said. Nice try though. If you want to slip your own quote in though, I said nothing derogatory about her. B.A. said nothing to her she hasn't said to her a million times,while she was HERE. Once again, I did NOT wait till she got NUKED and accuse her of photoshopping her pics, being a drunk, or any of the many things she accused me of in her time. What I had to say to her, I said it directly to her. I don't play reindeer games, or hide out in obscure threads taking cheap shots at people.

No one has said anything about BA/DressedToKill in here that hasn't been said in other threads and to her.

I don't know why you think what others have said is valid here. I was speaking of your buddy. She made the nasty catty comment in this thread, no one else. Did she tell her when she was here that her pics were photoshopped? No? Then she shouldn't be accusing her of it when B.A, isn't here to defend herself. If you have a problem with that, too bad. I for one am disinterested in your willful ignorance of your buddy's actions. The whataboutisms are laughable, we are all responsible for our own actions. B.A for hers, you for yours, me for mine and your buddy for hers. BA isn't even here and somehow she's the bad guy here. LOL, Just let that sink in! Can't make this stuff up!

Sorry folks, shows over! you can all read and see what was said and where. Like no one will ever own up to their own crap anyway.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 307
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 5/3/2019 4:44:32 PM
^^^

Like no one will ever own up to their own crap anyway.

OK BA

We hear you loud and clear~

(I personally love argyle socks)
 spot4username
Msg: 308
view profile
History
Culture Club had some great dance tunes.
Posted: 5/3/2019 5:18:05 PM

Did she tell her when she was here that her pics were photoshopped? No?

Yes. I did. More than once.

I have been here since 2006. In fact to be precise what I said to her was "I don't understand why you shop your photos within an inch of their life" and variables of that comment. I didn't disparage her looks then or now but rather questioned the need to alter her appearance so much. I did not then nor do I now see the reasoning behind it.

Back before she made all those awful youtube videos and doxxed so many people I actually went to bat for her a few times. A lot of us did. We saw this single mother struggling with her weight and special needs children among other things. At one time many people rallied to her side when she was first called out for the things she was saying and doing. Those who have been around for a long time will remember.
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 309
view profile
History
Culture Club had some great dance tunes.
Posted: 5/3/2019 5:20:25 PM
^True Dat! Ms. Spot! :)
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 310
view profile
History
Pock Suppet Culture?
Posted: 5/4/2019 1:06:43 PM

Says the woman without any photo. Sad Indeed!

Not having a photo is not at all the same concept as having false or photoshopped photos. Entirely different concept; apples & oranges. A claim of hypocracy isn't applicable, unless in their profile or in the forums they describe their looks as being hot or something. It'd need something like that to be comparative. As a side note, not having a photo when you're on for the forums isn't a weird or bad thing whatsoever. And, although irrelevant, as noted prior, Spot has had photos online before (and she's pretty cute too).

Accusing someone of photoshopping their pics when you yourself have none on display is not only hypocritical, it's catty. It would be much like someone calling posters fugly, when this person doesn't have a pic displayed themselves.

It can be catty, having a pic themselves or not, if said pic wasn't clearly photoshopped and one's just guessing/assuming -- or said modification to the picture didn't do anything to their looks (surroundings instead). All while said person was gone And it wasn't a fitting comment.

But I think if someone doesn't have pictures but makes a judgement call on another's looks -- it's not necessarily unfitting. Like, if I took my pic down but I continued on... Say a thread made by some guy complaining he can't get a date who has crazy messed up hair looking depressed, and I told him he needs to put up better pics to get a gal online -- I'm just being honest and helping someone out, and it doesn't contradict anything I'm doing. It'd require me to have weird/messed up pics to conflict with what I'm saying.

If I need some help around here, I will go ask Norwegian.

I clean houses for $10/hr. $10.25/hr when I'm wearing just a bow tie & a speedo. But that's optional. Group rates available.

As for B.A, She was making those accusations about Granny being Skies before she was nuked.

Was Granny = Halycon Skies? I remember that being claimed before -- and yes, when Granny was still online. However, if one isn't allowed to say anything new or slightly different about anyone who's gone, then I would imagine one wouldn't be allowed to further any argument they've had with them once they're gone, right? Either way, I don't universally agree. It'd depend on what's claimed/said.
 Inicia
Msg: 311
view profile
History
Pock Suppet Culture?
Posted: 5/4/2019 1:57:56 PM
nopee scratching that off my bucket list! wooow. doesn't seem fun anymore. wow.
 ontheotherhand
Msg: 312
view profile
History
Pock Suppet Culture?
Posted: 5/4/2019 6:47:14 PM
@ Norwegian - Strat and BA believed whiterose was halcyon.

Strat, you can spin it however you want. The link is there for people to judge for themselves.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Sock Puppet Culture?