Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Sock Puppet Culture?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 browneyesboo
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?Page 2 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
The people who complain the most and like to out the "sock puppets"
are the ones that actually have them and use them.

Lots of people have new profiles and different pictures but don't
pretend to be anyone else.

I think there are a lot of lonely, perhaps house bound, definitely
depressed and angry people in these forums. It's probably
a form of therapy or social interaction for them.

I don't take it personally and I can ignore people I don't like.
It's mostly just an interesting waste of time for me.

I've been here a long time...not for dating purposes just because
I do have people I talk to here and I do waste time here. Many of
these sock puppets go back as far as I do. They don't change,
they remain the same. It sometimes takes a while for me to recognize
them, but then...there they are.

Whatever makes people happy I guess.
 cooldog65
Msg: 27
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 2/25/2019 8:52:54 PM
This topic appears to be losing steam quickly. We need Mr./Ms. Socko...
 browneyesboo
Msg: 28
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 2/26/2019 7:44:29 AM
Well when the pack leader is out of the house the dogs
stay on the porch...or something like that.
 Spectrallight
Msg: 29
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 2/26/2019 8:18:46 AM
This just makes me think of Caesar the sock whisperer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FXCKn94EKI

ontheotherhand
Msg: 30
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/3/2019 5:02:05 PM
browneyesboo:
The people who complain the most and like to out the "sock puppets"
are the ones that actually have them and use them.

It is sad when a person believes they need sock puppets, then use them to back up their opinions and/or attack others. It's just as sad to not be able to accept that people can disagree without believing it a conspiracy and accusing others of being sock.

I don't agree with my friends all the time. Why should strangers be expected to agree?
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 31
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/3/2019 5:27:33 PM
^Let's be honest....We all know the "Queen of Socks" is the only troublemaker of the forums.

If SHE says....Paint the Roses Red....paint them f**king Red! Or have your profile deleted. ;) ;)

I don't like red...how 'bout you? :D
 ontheotherhand
Msg: 32
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/3/2019 8:21:39 PM
As a person that's been called a sock by her on many, many occasions, and someone who feels BA was involved in my own nuking years ago, I get where you're coming from. And because she's gotten more vicious over the years I'd like to blame all the nukings on her, but she's not the only person involved. There have been posters I like and those I roll my eyes at that have been nuked too. I just wish I knew how to stop it.
 SS4544Spd
Msg: 33
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/5/2019 8:17:11 PM

I think there are a lot of lonely, perhaps house bound, definitely depressed and angry people in these forums. It's probably
a form of therapy or social interaction for them.
It’s kinda like the Star Wars cantina scene of the dating forum world. Moi included . ;) lol
 overunity
Msg: 34
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/6/2019 4:37:49 AM
The number of times blondwig has been nuked is somewhere in the "stratosfere",
and she and her puppets have taken many good posters with her/them.
Wonder if she'll come back posing as her boyfriend again.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 35
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/6/2019 1:18:31 PM
msg#34:
Wonder if she'll come back posing as her boyfriend again.

I applaud her for demonstrating to those of us old enough to not care, the concept of 'gender fluidity'~

Slow clap clap clap
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/6/2019 1:26:48 PM
Well , well. look at all the " overunity" in this thread. The usual suspects, as per usual. Well, minus a few of the ringleaders that have sadly departed. LOL Its always wise to own up to your own shiat though. As far as I know, they don't nuke people for no reason. If someone gets nuked its usually for something they said, that's way out of line. I know, it's much more convenient to blame someone else, but the adult thing to do is " own" your posts. So if someone gets "taken out", together with another poster, you can bet your bloomers they are up to their ears in it too.

I remember the late, great, Cowboy saying, the number of posters who had "socks" was quite high. These posters were usually some of the more popular posters on the boards. If I get some time later, maybe I will try to find that post. I think there are quite a few "socks" on these boards.

Btw, it really isn't healthy for you people to be so obsessed with B.A. Why let someone who you supposedly don't like, rent so much space in your head? hahahahaha! I will tell her she is missed and needs to get back here A.S.A.P.
 I_Am_Con_S_Tip_ated
Msg: 37
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/6/2019 6:04:54 PM
https://youtu.be/Q9CUTuZJyao

and here is 47 pages of multiple socks, some who ate I suspect in this current thread ;0P

https://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts16349809.aspx
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 38
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/6/2019 6:08:56 PM
^Hello BA. :)

rednwhiterider
Msg: 39
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/6/2019 6:54:43 PM
hello sweet peas...
sorry to freak you out with a pic from your own laptop...
I forgot to power down my forgetfulness.

in defense... I had nothing to do with being given.
anything.
why else could I know?
that's the queue of the day.

not how but wh6.
 cooldog65
Msg: 40
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/6/2019 7:19:33 PM
Welcome back i_am_con_s_tip_ated. I predicted your return after Blondes departure and I will predict your posting will cease before she comes back...
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 41
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/9/2019 8:28:48 AM

^Hello BA. :)

LOL. Until now MR, I thought you might be BA! So confusing!
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 42
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/9/2019 8:46:24 AM
^I can say with certainty that both she and I would be equally offended by that notion. :)
 kavapaw22
Msg: 43
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/9/2019 12:40:33 PM
^^^^that is something kj521 would say. Quit pretending.:-)
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 44
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/9/2019 2:16:54 PM
^From the Jussie Smollett thread....aka...your very own thread.

Msg: 122
Platitude...

"Million, i thought there was a possibility you were kj. I don't think that's possoble anymore... you may be a trump supporter like she is, but it is clear you are not close to her IQ nor are you a decent person by any stretch of the imagination. G's what the hell was wrong with me thinking that was even possible? KJ Wherever You Are I apologize to you for thinking there was any possibility this obvious miscreant could be you period. Sorry."

Were you an incorrect azzhole then or are you an incorrect azzhole now?

Either is fine with me. ;)
 kavapaw22
Msg: 45
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/9/2019 2:28:34 PM
^^^^sweetheart, your choice to decide...then, now, always, never, all of the above.:-)
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 46
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/10/2019 8:24:50 AM
Only just having discovered the meaning of 'sock puppet', I found it odd that MR appeared only after the others disappeared and seems also to have a negative outlook on this and other threads. Can't trust anyone. LOL.

It is sad when a person believes they need sock puppets, then use them to back up their opinions and/or attack others. It's just as sad to not be able to accept that people can disagree without believing it a conspiracy and accusing others of being sock. ]/quote]
I don't know if it is sad but if they are good at the process, it can make for a lively debate. Unfortunately, the negativity evolves and before you know it, everyone has jumped into the ditch. I got caught up in it and have resolved to post positivity, empathy and/or humor when possible.
 kavapaw22
Msg: 47
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/10/2019 10:24:31 AM
^^^^ for a short while, i believed MR was somebody who used to post here...KJ521, who because she made enemies with BA, could not keep a profile here. But KJ521 had a positive personality and would NEVER say anything to anyone in a manner to mock them....... you are absolutely right, MR has a really negative, nasty personality. MR obviously posted here regulary before, I just don't know who she was, but I'm pretty sure she has never been BA. They have two distinct personalities.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 48
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/10/2019 5:39:58 PM
I just realized all along I was pretending to be someone I wasn't.... While consequently forgetting who I was originally. All the while acknowledging there were two of me and only one of us were real and the other smelled like a old sock. Which is in itself another reality altogether.

Socks come in pairs and many are also holy..... Darn them.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 49
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/10/2019 6:15:20 PM
[Addendum to post 48] ^^^ OR ….. Socks come in pairs and many are also holy.... Bless them. And, darn their holy little soles.
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 50
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/10/2019 6:43:23 PM

you are absolutely right, MR has a really negative, nasty personality

I said "negative" not "nasty" and I have noticed since, that MR simply has a very classy and intelligent way of saying what she thinks in a straight up manner that generally questions the negativity of other posters. I'm thinking 'class act'.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Sock Puppet Culture?