Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Sock Puppet Culture?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Seamist474
Msg: 126
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?Page 6 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
At Vlad

When OyVey, Bob, died many of us knew he had cancer. He told a few of us and then he reached a point where he couldn't manage to post anymore and stated on here that it wouldn't be long and he said his goodbyes. I know he sent a bottle of Scotch to one of his "combatants", that Christmas he sent me a case of chocolate covered macadamia nuts. He and I talked on the phone 2 days before he died. He just wanted to make it through Christmas for his daughters. Bob's daughter announced his death on the forums but I think it got missed. I believe Irish announced it further, Irish was in touch with Bob too. I was in contact with one of his daughters for about a year after he died.

We, or at least most of us, don't know how/why Cowboy died. It doesn't much matter in the long run. People are curious, that's human nature. Many felt a connection of sorts, some had far more contact with him than others. Its amazing how "forum friends" either come or go, some we are lucky enough to meet at some point, others stay in touch via personal emails. I've been lucky enough to meet 5 in person - for dinners, another for breakfast, one for a holiday. Some we fight with, make friends, fight with again and make friends again. Some we slam the door on and move on. Others....one I've been in touch with for almost 10 years.

So Vlad, be like Bob and let your daughter or son know your profile name/password and let us know if anything happens. Hopefully it involves whiskey, song and a comfy fireplace.
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 127
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/12/2019 5:27:02 PM
I thought he was awesome! Fair and funny and to the point. I missed him here immediately when I came back to the forums just a few weeks ago.
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 128
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/12/2019 5:28:18 PM
How are you all getting past the 2/10 posts rule?
 BBEisBack
Msg: 129
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/12/2019 9:47:58 PM

How are you all getting past the 2/10 posts rule?

It's another quirk of these forums.
You post the 2/10 warning in the body of your post, and it goes thru.
Then you edit the post to take the warning out. Or sometimes people just leave the warning in.
 Spectrallight
Msg: 130
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/13/2019 6:23:19 AM
Yeah or hit enter a few times and just spam a load of full stops.
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 131
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/13/2019 8:37:08 PM
I miss our socks.....sigh.
 ontheotherhand
Msg: 132
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/14/2019 11:55:35 PM
Hi blue. Good to see you.

The thread blue posted the link to was in response to another poster taking it upon himself to form a deleting and harassing pose. Problem was that in trying to get rid of him we became obsessed. That's why I stayed away for so long (after a few nukings in short order). I still try not to hang out in here like I used to. Instead I hang out in a Walking Dead forum.

Carla aka curiousdb is not a man. She was another nice person that got caught up in that mess. Like blue, I feel she had other issues that got tangled up in the mix.

A poster coming back does not make that poster a sock puppet. Sock puppets are multiple profiles being used by one poster - frequently to attack another and/or to back up their own view. More than one poster may have sock puppets. Most puppet masters accuse others of being socks. True crazy making.

I'll take a stab at this. Whether it was be Jews, Romans, you or I that killed him, Jesus' death had to be. The old testament showed that we cannot earn our own forgiveness. Jesus was born to be that clean, perfect sacrifice. His death paid everyone's debt. So while historically the Romans killed Him at the request of the Jewish leaders that believed He was a false prophet the fact remains that WE killed Jesus.
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 133
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/15/2019 7:35:56 AM

I'll take a stab at this. Whether it was be Jews, Romans, you or I that killed him, Jesus' death had to be. The old testament showed that we cannot earn our own forgiveness. Jesus was born to be that clean, perfect sacrifice. His death paid everyone's debt. So while historically the Romans killed Him at the request of the Jewish leaders that believed He was a false prophet the fact remains that WE killed Jesus.

Jesus' death for which all are responsible, paid for our sins, providing we believe it.
 kavapaw22
Msg: 134
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/15/2019 7:43:03 AM
"""Providing we believe it"""

In other words, we don't have freedom of thought. We either believe jesus died for our sins or go to hell, or so say the calvinists. Can you show me where in the bible it says that, because if it doesn't, what others say about it is immaterial.
 Seamist474
Msg: 135
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/15/2019 8:34:54 AM
Hi Frog. Good to see you too.

Carla aka curiousdb is not a man. She was another nice person that got caught up in that mess. Like blue, I feel she had other issues that got tangled up in the mix.

Many got caught in the b.s. Tall thread and aren't so proud of how we acted, I'm not. The first one to be obsessed was Allison and then a few of us went along for the ride and it took on a personality all its own. Looking back, how pathetic were we, geez. When it turned personal, all gloves came off.

And yes, a sock puppet is someone with multiple profiles. I was a sock for some time. It didn't work out well, mob mentality.

As for Jews, Jesus, etc., no one died for my sins. You have faith. Faith is called just that, "faith". Its not called "fact" for a reason. If faith gives some folks comfort, there is nothing wrong with that.
 rednwhiterider
Msg: 136
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/15/2019 8:44:13 AM
hebrews 10:26

or you could read some John...

you know, john the babtist.
whom "king"herod (guess his religion) beheaded...
for criticising his taking a new wife in a drunken stupor.

^^^ did you think having multiple profiles gave you anything but the ability to be your own "mob"?

who still acts like this and why?

exit to add vvv
I just pointed out one spot in the bible that expresses it quite well.
care to broaden your intellect?

once you've been shown the mirror...
you have no excuse for refusing to acknowledge your reflection.

maybe carla can come up with a better response than trying to mock others?
well.... you can lead an ass to water, but you can't make her drink
 kavapaw22
Msg: 137
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/15/2019 8:50:55 AM
^^^ Seamist, I get that. I am asking the question for intellectual purposes. For years I have heard if you do not accept Jesus into your life you burn in hell. Shirley essentially just said the same thing, that you must believe Jesus died for your sins or you are not absolved of your sins.

And yet, nobody has ever been able to point to me where in the bible belief is demanded. Jesus said something to the effect of nobody comes to the Father except through me...which can easily be interpreted that on Judgment day, you simply have to petition Jesus to your righteousness so you can enter the gates of heaven.

I look at the Bible as sort of the Biblical Code. It says what it says. I am wondering on what basis Christianity decided you had to believe to be worthy of heaven if the Code does not explicitly mandate that act. Maybe it does, I haven't read it...but I have never seen anybody quote the words out of the bible that demand belief. Because if it is not there, what anybody says about it is totally irrelevant. Its kind of like committing a crime. The Statute says theft is a crime and then defines exactly what theft means. Just because a prosecutor wants to redefine the code does not mean you can be convicted of theft if you have not violated the Statute.

Which brings me back to my original point......beyond getting into the Covenant that my people supposedly have with God, assuring me a place in heaven, to me it is really simple...and this of course assumes there is a God....if you are a decent purpose...a moral person...you get to go to heaven. If you are not, the question is are there any extenuating circumstances so that God may allow you into heaven anyway? Maybe you are brain damaged, maybe you were brought up in an abusive household....I mean the fact of the matter is that nobody in the end is responsible for who they are...not even little Red, because they had no choice but to be whom they became, which to me means everybody goes to heaven...but especially the Jews :-)
 kavapaw22
Msg: 138
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/15/2019 8:52:21 AM
Little red... I thought Herod was Jovan. Was he somebody else? LOLOL

kavapaw22
Msg: 139
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/15/2019 9:04:28 AM
^^^Little Red, I know you are not an intellectual giant...but no...Hebrews 10.26,what you pointed out does not say what you claim it says. You first have to receive the "knowledge of truth"....that is a prerequisite...that does not mean you have to believe...that mean's you first have to KNOW. I don't care how the religious define it.. I simply am going on what it says...per King James or whoever translated the Bible into English.

So yea, if God came down from the mountaintop and proved he was God and you still rejected him, I guess you might have some problems. But since has has not shown himself, a strict construction of the words in the Bible you just cited mean you are perfectly free to disbelieve if you want.

Glad I could help by the way.
 ontheotherhand
Msg: 140
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/15/2019 10:51:14 AM
blue, it's bug not frog.

Even though I'm not proud of some of what I did back then I do believe that Tall and his nuking, harassing crew were when things started to be bad. Until then I'd only seen one person using sock puppets and only because it was painfully obvious that she was. I also did not know about forming groups to get rid people just because you didn't like them. Tall brought that into the open by boasting about it.

I don't have a problem with people coming back after being nuked. I don't care if they use the same username or even try to mask who they are from the nuking groups. I do feel that as long as they have just one profile it's no big deal. It's the multiple profiles that are manipulative.
 Seamist474
Msg: 141
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/15/2019 11:03:17 AM
^^^
Bug. So sorry, Bug is Back.

I will say, the multiple profiles was stupid, immature and not something I'm proud of. I will say, every time I came back as Bluemoon, I was nuked. I see the same thing happens to KJ. The multiple profiles were a waste of time, creating new email addresses then new profiles and using them against those we thought were nuking us. It was like a rat on a wheel not going anywhere.
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 142
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/17/2019 9:30:41 AM
Hello all.
I copied a couple of posts over to the Christianity and POF thread if you are interested.
Have a great day!
 ForumLurker
Msg: 143
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/17/2019 3:12:05 PM
It’s been a few weeks since I opened the forums. Just read this thread today.

One question…….
When OyVey, Bob, died many of us knew he had cancer.

Is this Bobby Z Man? Or are you referring to another Bob?
 RoxyMoronic
Msg: 144
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/18/2019 9:29:38 AM

Sock puppets are multiple profiles being used by one poster - frequently to attack another and/or to back up their own view.

Or bizarrely to argue with themselves. I wouldn’t have believed it if I hadn’t saw it with my own eyes when the guy accidentally messaged me as ‘himself’ while on his other profile.
 kavapaw22
Msg: 145
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/18/2019 12:05:57 PM

The point is that demented anger is a significant factor in modern American political life — and overwhelmingly on one side. All that talk about liberal “snowflakes” is projection; if you really want to see people driven wild by tiny perceived slights and insults, you’ll generally find them on the right. Nor is it just about racism and misogyny. Although these are big components of the phenomenon, I don’t see the obvious connection to hamburger paranoia.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/11/opinion/captain-marvel-republican-rage.html
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 146
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/18/2019 10:47:48 PM
I've only been back for a short time and years ago, I knew nothing of sock puppets. I did notice this time that there were always the same posters who seemed to gang up on others and created quite a bit of havoc. I also noticed that some of these posters sounded strangely alike. Now I know why. I don't know? It could be fun if you were smart enough to maintain the separate identities and speech patterns but it didn't seem that anyone was able to do that for long, at least those I identified. It seemed to liven up the forums for a bit, but unfortunately, these sock puppets seem to thrive on online animosity. Maybe they're itchy?
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 147
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/18/2019 11:14:38 PM

Robyn Williams committed suicide and no one had permission to discuss that.

I know off topic from sock puppets & past POF forum users -- but I never fully believed Robin Williams in fact committed suicide, despite him dying due to his own actions. I believe he died self-choked, in a sitting position just above the ground, where the belt he choked himself with was in between the door & door frame. I really liked the guy in the movies, don't get me wrong -- just trying to be straight up. But masturbating while choking apparently increases the 'high' of the orgasm (erotic asphyxiation), and people do it, and some people mess up doing it and die (like David Carradine and that one boxer semi-recently). IMO, he was likely doing that, but, understandably, the more honorable aim was to call it a hanging/suffocation-suicide.

^^^Who knew what dramas transpired in one's sock drawer!?!

It's where I keep the special magazines hidden! Doesn't everybody?? Tons of photographic drama in them there mags.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Sock Puppet Culture?