Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Sock Puppet Culture?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 151
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?Page 7 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)

yes the affixation technique is very popular in certain subcultures, as well as intensifying for some their orgasm I don't believe anybody here Thinks we are not a culture that enjoys increasing Stimulation -clearly sock puppet trolls are case and point of this Hyper developed need for stimulation

Personally, I prefer my own handy sock puppet for sexual stimulation, as I'm not a fan of cutting off oxygen. It's whole point Is to intensify orgasms by cutting off oxygen. But I don't think erotic asphyxiation requires being actually part of any sub-culture.
 Inicia
Msg: 152
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/19/2019 4:05:45 PM
no does not require belonging to a certain subculture, never my claim, is it popular in bdsm culture? yes..
the" but" again not needed. maybe many people do not understand: "but"negates any thing to which is in reference.. i use poor punctuation and uppercase, however, language conceptions are more problematic as intention comes into question and contentions can arise; wherein, none was intended...and still confused about cowboy:robin williams references,the one question i asked.
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 153
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/19/2019 5:36:13 PM
^^^^^^
Cowboy was a moderator and regular poster on POF who has regretfully passed and through the tail end of this thread, there was some speculation as to how he died.
Robin Williams who was never a member of POF was only brought up because it was suggested that Cowboy's manner of death may have compared to his death about which there was also some speculation.
Many posters felt that it was disrespectful and indiscreet to speculate about the manner of Cowboy's death on a public forum especially considering that it is only hearsay because only a select few actually know and won't discuss it which IMO is the way it should be. We don't need to know or gossip about possibilities. He is gone and he is missed.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 154
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/20/2019 8:41:08 AM
msg#150:
?? was robin williams a member of pof as cowboy??? totally confused??

No disrespect intended to either man, but that just made me literally LOL~
 kavapaw22
Msg: 155
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/20/2019 8:56:53 AM
^^^^ This really is no mystery. Nowegianguy brought up an issue of how Robin Williams may have killed himself, which of course was nothing but speculation on his part, with no evidence to support the possibility that he died like David Carridine of KungFu fame died.

I thought he was suggesting in his post that I was guilty of the same thing, speculation, when I proffered the opinion, based on what I heard, that Cowboy may have committed suicide. I conceded that I have no idea how Cowboy died, only that for whatever reason, people thought it would be a blight on Cowboy's memory if people knew how he died. Obviously it was not something sudden like a myocardial infarction, or even Cancer. Whatever it was...it is hush hush, so it could have been a drug overdose to anything else.

Robin Williams did in fact commit suicide from everything I have read, because he did not want to die suffering from a disease that was robbing him of his memory and cognitive abilities. Not sure that I can blame him for that one.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 156
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/20/2019 10:23:09 AM

Nowegianguy brought up an issue of how Robin Williams may have killed himself, which of course was nothing but speculation on his part, with no evidence to support the possibility that he died like David Carridine of KungFu fame died.

I was replying to a post referring to Robin Williams -- I didn't come up with it out of the blue. Yes, there is evidence to support that it very well could have been that erotic move. He used a belt on a door, and he was dangling in the seating position just over the floor where he could have stood -- with his pants down. It was a very non-kosher thing to talk about years ago when it happened. He was suffering from dimentia and diagnosed with Parkinsons, but that'll also make you slip up doing one of those actions that a few unique people do hush-hush -- and he had movies in the works right at the time going on. It could have been a combination of both (like driving a car really fast; "fvck it"). Who knows. I know it's bad to talk about such possibilities unless they're a prisoner in jail, not about a famous guy folks feel sad about. Suicide is not exactly a positive on Robin Williams' record either -- but a lesser shame.

I don't know why some people get so upset when talking about that of a past famous person, in a little used forum or among friends at a cafe. I'm not going nuts saying he in fact went down path A not B. But we do live in a more "shhhh" society.
 kavapaw22
Msg: 157
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/20/2019 11:10:03 AM
^^^^ You don't get it. Yea, there are theories on line about what you claim with regards to Williams, and yea anything is possible, but the reality is that just because garbage you read on the internet is possible does not make it even close to being likely. So you speculated and projected pure garbage into a thread. (by the way, any authoritative and not garbage sites out there saying his pants were down?)

So lets look at the possibilities from an Occam's Razor point of view. He is suffering from a disease that will rob him of his cognitive abilities. He is very depressed. But no, its not likely he killed himself with a belt, instead under your garbage theory, he died accidentally by auto-erotica. I suppose that is possible. I suppose it is also possible he was murdered so that his wife could inherit his estate and live high on the hog. Or perhaps he was abducted by lizard people living in the center of the earth and a replica of his body left in place. I'm betting you can find that theory somewhere on the Internet.

I made a valid hypothesis about cowboy's death. Since people are not speaking, there is something to hide. It is none of our business about why he died. Whether it was suicide, aids, overdose, or something else the family does not want in the public domain, we will never know and its not our place to know. I was wrong for speculating and admitted as much.

You do have to ask yourself what percentage of people will strangle themselves for sexual arousal. I am thinking myself that it is much easier to use a drug, like ecstasy, then using a belt to hang yourself. but what do I know?
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 158
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/20/2019 12:06:23 PM
"Since people are not speaking, there is something to hide."

I don't disclose real world info I know about any posters here.

Guess that means many of you have something to hide. ;) ;)

What you are right about is...it is not our business. :)
 Inicia
Msg: 159
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/20/2019 1:55:58 PM
thank U SIS!? that clears it up-glad i could bring laughter ClyM.. i know i love when i get some comedic relief !??
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 160
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/20/2019 2:16:03 PM
msg#159:
thank U SIS!? that clears it up-glad i could bring laughter ClyM.. i know i love when i get some comedic relief !??

Comic relief, yes indeed. Been a long long winter!

Not inconceivable that the POForums are chock full of celebs on the down low~

;-)
 kavapaw22
Msg: 161
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/20/2019 2:17:45 PM
^^^ real world information about posters? the problem is there are some crazy people at this site who could be a threat to other posters. For example, if Little Red or even Ben Artflick knew who I was, I would have to start carrying around a concealed weapon. I really don't want to do that. My 357 Magnum is too large to carry, and the Glock automatic barrel is too long to hide in a small holster. I am thinking about getting a smallish 38 or a smaller caliber handgun. Anyway anonymity is far better.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 162
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/20/2019 2:29:46 PM
^^^
knew who I was, I would have to start carrying around a concealed weapon

Ditto<<<

I only go out in disguise. Various styles of hats, sun glasses, outerwear. Always a derringer in my boot and a cane with a retractable razor sharp knife.
Can't be too careful these days~
;-)
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 163
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/20/2019 2:40:53 PM
Msg: 161

Seems we can agree on this issue.

Enjoy the forums and keep people's real life details out of it unless they chosoe to disclose it themselves. :)

vvv If that can across as a warning...I apologize...only a suggestion. I was, personally, disgusted when other posters' personal information was posted without their consent, i.e. Bluemoon and BA. I feel strongly that we all should have the right to choose what to disclose.
 kavapaw22
Msg: 164
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/20/2019 2:55:03 PM
^^^ never once have a revealed anything I knew about anybody on this board...but thanks for the warning and suggestion.
 Seamist474
Msg: 165
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/20/2019 5:33:15 PM

I was, personally, disgusted when other posters' personal information was posted without their consent, i.e. Bluemoon and BA. I feel strongly that we all should have the right to choose what to disclose.

Ya, I'd like to thank Ouija and Allison for that. There is no need to post personal information, real names, etc. unless someone says "my name is Barbara" or whatever. Its not like some of us didn't and don't have "friends" on here and we also email them personally or are on their Facebook pages. The things you learn, when its too late. Like I said, the whole Tall thread thing became a sh!t show and brought out the worst in many of us. And I'm sure I'm not the only one that regrets partaking in it all.
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 166
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/20/2019 5:45:13 PM
^^^^ There were shameful moments....but there was goodness, too.

I am sure we all have moments in these forums we treasure. :)

Inicia
Msg: 167
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/21/2019 6:51:52 AM
These forums have a horrible reputation. This reputation does not assist the dating portion of the pof application. Apparently they are equivalent internet entertainment of "the jerry springer"(JSS). So realizing just that: Not many of us can watch JSS guests and think, "Wow that is the partner i have been seeking!" 😉
 kavapaw22
Msg: 168
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/21/2019 6:54:08 AM
^^^^do you assume we are all here for dating? Not all of us sweety.
 kavapaw22
Msg: 169
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/21/2019 7:44:58 AM
Ok...welcome KJ...you are brave to reveal yourself. :-)

Million_Reasons
Msg: 170
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/21/2019 1:02:06 PM
^More like stupid. But thank you.

Even with my hubris...I can admit it. ;) ;)

Seamist474
Msg: 171
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/21/2019 1:27:02 PM
^^^
I'm glad to see you back. I believe I owe you an apology for poor behaviour and acting, at times, like a cranky old b!tch. I am sorry, truly.

I hope you stay. I wish a few would come back....Chameleon, Mungo, even wacko Jo Van, Clooney and a few more. I see some are still "alive" but don't post anymore.
 Inicia
Msg: 172
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/21/2019 2:14:38 PM
No kp dearie, seems only one making assumptions is u buttercup.
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 173
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/21/2019 2:24:37 PM
Thanks, Blue.

No apology, tho. My "Million" persona seemed to elicit such responses. Of course, so did "Kj"! Lol

It's all good. And I wish all the deleted posters would come back, also. :)

kavapaw22
Msg: 174
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/21/2019 2:35:24 PM
"buttercup"

I like that. I wish more women would refer to me that way.

TOP DEFINITION
Buttercup: A boy who thinks he's the biggest gangster in the world but in reality is a cute little softie who likes teddy bears and rainbows.

Yep...that's me. LOL
 Llove2laughtoo
Msg: 175
view profile
History
Sock Puppet Culture?
Posted: 3/21/2019 3:06:15 PM

My "Million" persona seemed to elicit such responses.

look who is back, the forum Aryan Queen.

Weeks of denials trying to deceive people finally admits she is Kj. What can we expect from a Comrade Trump kool-aid drinker.

Can wait to see your white supremacist fanboys with white knight syndrome protecting their queen.

Trump 2020....20 for CONSPIRACY then another 20 for TREASON.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Sock Puppet Culture?