Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Christianity and POF - Can they be combined?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 backcreek7
Msg: 401
view profile
History
Christianity and POF - Can they be combined?Page 17 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)

someone we know, stole my " col " & my " wittle " from me

... Fairystones ...

... Once upon a time, long long long ago ~ A large group of "wood " fairies lived in a beautiful pine forest, nestled in a pristine valley in what presently is known as > Virginia . These gentle spirits loved to frolic, dance & gather among the wood nymphs & niads, under the many beautiful trees and aside the limped waters. One morning as they played and were having a merry time of it ~ an elfin messenger appeared before them. They halted their playing and all gathered to his side, for he had important news to share.

... This particularly unusual messenger, had come from far off and had the most horrible news to share. This news shook the very core of all who heard it, the earth stood still and the heavens cried ! JESUS CHRIST had been brutally beaten and hung from a cross ( crucified ). The panicked fairies wept for days & weeks, as these " tears of pain " rolled down their faces, when each hit the ground it magically turned into a perfect formed rock ( staurolite ) cross. When the fairies eventually found another dimension to live in, the ground for miles was strewn with small crosses, symbolizing this melancholy event ( Christs death ) .

... The tears of the fairies, resulted in three different kind of crosses ( Roman, St. Andrews and Maltese ). They cover a wide area and I myself have found many. I originally thought that jewelers had " prepared " them but >>> when I found a perfect one - 2 feet below ground, I knew this was not so. For more then a century thousands of people have held and cherished theses little crosses for good luck.

... They feel this protects them from evil doings, sickness, accidents, disasters and other downfalls. They are still today, carried by many & I own several myself. The " perfect " one I found, way underground is located in my living room
and is one of my very favorite " treasures ". These crosses eventually became know as " fairystones " and to this day are very much sought out for the "power " they may possess. NO ONE knows how, or by what scientific method they were produced, it defies all known examples of geologic occurrence.

... heart / fairystone / sun ...
backcreek
 Kokanee_Ice
Msg: 402
view profile
History
Christianity and POF - Can they be combined?
Posted: 4/19/2019 3:16:15 PM

Both Christians and Muslims in the one God or Allah. Christians believe that the only path to heaven is the faith that Jesus died for us in true repentance of our sins. This differs from the Muslims who believe that belief in 'God' and good works will lead to heaven's final reward. A very fundamental difference. Is one right and the other wrong? I can only speak for myself. I choose to believe that Christ died for me and my faith which requires me to treat others as I would like to be treated myself will ensure my own endeavors towards good works as I am able.

The evangelicals believe that they are justified by faith alone. Catholics believe that faith and good works go together. It seems like every Christian thinks that their particular domination’s interpretation of the bible is correct. That’s what bothered me when my evangelical ex-wife would take me to her churches. So many people thinking that they are right and everybody else is wrong.
 vlad dracul
Msg: 403
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2019 6:07:34 AM
It is well known that many 'progressives' who post on here seem to have an unhinged hatred of christians. Christophobia if you so wish.

So this story below has ruffled a few feathers in europe with many wondering if the so called 'progressive' would have the courage to insult islam the same way she insults christians.

But if she is like any of the alleged 'progressives' on here she shites in her pants when it comes to islam.

As for the alleged 'progressives' on here they apparently are quite happy with the laughing twat and HIS racism.

Hypocrites? Very much so...............

"Rolling Stone Magazine was met with a fierce backlash today after promoting an article on the Notre Dame fire with a quote that described the disaster as an 'act of liberation'.

The monthly magazine interviewed architects and historians for a piece about the significance of the Paris landmark and what should happen next following Monday's fire, which claimed the cathedral's iconic spire as well as most of its roof.

The article - titled 'How Should France Rebuild Notre Dame?' - states that 'for some people in France, Notre Dame has... served as a deep-seated symbol of resentment, a monument to a deeply flawed institution and an idealized Christian European France that arguably never existed in the first place'.

Many Twitter users said they found the quote, and the use of it to promote the article 'disrespectful' to Catholics, for whom religion is a vital aspect of their lives and who built Notre Dame to worship God.

Brittany Pettibone wrote: 'Notre Dame is not just a building—it’s an 856-year-old Catholic Cathedral, built for God, inside which Christians adore Him.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6931961/Rolling-Stone-faces-backlash-promoting-article-Notre-Dame-disrespectful-quote.html
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 404
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2019 8:07:29 AM

The evangelicals believe that they are justified by faith alone. Catholics believe that faith and good works go together. It seems like every Christian thinks that their particular domination’s interpretation of the bible is correct. That’s what bothered me when my evangelical ex-wife would take me to her churches. So many people thinking that they are right and everybody else is wrong.

All mentioned are Christian and believe in the same fundamentals. Evangelicals believe they must spread the word in an effort to save souls. Even on this thread are those who "think they are right and that everybody else is wrong." It is your option to walk away.

So this story below has ruffled a few feathers in europe with many wondering if the so called 'progressive' would have the courage to insult islam the same way she insults christians.
But if she is like any of the alleged 'progressives' on here she shites in her pants when it comes to islam.
As for the alleged 'progressives' on here they apparently are quite happy with the laughing twat and HIS racism.
Hypocrites? Very much so...............

I have no idea of who "she" is nor the "laughing t---" or what you are trying to say. I don't know who you define as "progressive" or who is insulting Islam. I read the article and that didn't help clarify. So Rolling Stones quoted someone's opinion which is not necessarily theirs. It is however a gateway to discussion and because it involves religion is bound to be a controversial conversation.

DAY 60!!!!!
 BaldwinMotionPhaseIII
Msg: 405
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2019 8:32:23 AM
i suspect progressives turn to magazines like "the nation" or "the progressive" or "in these times" or "jim hightower's lowdown" more than a magazine about the music scene. Rolling Stone also got a college rape story incorrect. still, they tried to gin up some sales with an inflamatory lead, and apparently it did quote what some people think. maybe some don't attack Islam b/c others do enough of it already? :)

that all said...yes, it was improper, and an alternative side should have been shown.

i will confess, i'm surprised Forbes magazine published the article linked in post 394 (unless it was an opinion piece). business relies on measurements to make investment decisions. to claim "all A is B" is as absolute as it is blanket, and anyone who studied how to take tests remembers that in multiple choice, any answer that claims "all A is B" or "all C is never D" tends to be automatically wrong.
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 406
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2019 5:59:35 PM
For my fellow Christians.....

Demons....

https://youtu.be/V1-VYpUY0U0
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 407
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2019 7:10:00 PM
^^^^
Powerful.
And very clear.
Thank you MR.
I hope you are enjoying the weekend and secure in the knowledge of our faith.

purrfectionately
Msg: 408
Posted: 4/21/2019 1:53:26 PM
Thank you Vlad for your respectful post; its been truly a pleasure to read you (for so many years).
What I personally find disturbing is that believing in scientific theories takes faith, but Christians aren't suppose to have any because it cannot be explained by the very same science.

Might those whom believe Christ died for their sins enjoy their Easter Sunday remembrance rejoicing.
Keeping my brothers and sisters on this site in my prayers.
 Doremi_Fasolatido
Msg: 409
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2019 8:26:44 PM
I believe.... It was post # 395 wherein I espoused the idea that scientific methods and therefore scienific theories were imperfect.

Imperfect because they are ideas and products of our minds. The methods and means of gathering the info. needed to arrive at a theory or postulation are only as good as our technology and / or machinery/ instrumentation that we use to measure the data.And, that this is constantly evolving. Therefore, never perfect. Yet always striving for that goal.

And in the meantime.... Religion, the bible, the koran, the book of Mormon, and also the boy and girl scouts manuals were all written by men or women who are all also imperfect. Which is right or wrong? People wrote all of them.

We as humans choose where to place our faith and what to believe in. I choose what works for me and everyone else too.... We're talking here now by means of this wonderful man made Technology, keep that in mind.

It's not due to divine intervention either..... Just another observance and viewpoint.
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 410
view profile
History
Posted: 4/22/2019 7:26:39 PM

Just another observance and viewpoint.

And a good one!

DAY 62!!!

In order to maintain the highest quality forums you are restricted to having no more then 2 of the last 10 posts on a thread.
Since 2 of the last 10 posts are yours you can not post to this thread.
 surlytrue
Msg: 411
Posted: 4/22/2019 7:41:14 PM
*****It is well known that many 'progressives' who post on here seem to have an unhinged hatred of christians. Christophobia if you so wish.**?(

How the heck did you come up with this nonsensical gem? Because progressives voice hostility to the intolerance of Christian actions they have an unhinged hatred of Christians? How about just hating Christian intolerance?
 jackal44
Msg: 412
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2019 9:04:16 AM

I believe.... It was post # 395 wherein I espoused the idea that scientific methods and therefore scienific theories were imperfect.

I got to tell you, I am constantly amazed at just how bright some of our top scientists and engineers. I consider myself a pretty smart guy...and yet, I simply do not fathom how they do it, how they figure out what they figure out. The theoretical physicists and their comprehension of math is truly amazing...and theories like those of Einstein have been proven over and over and over again. Science in many ways has truly destroyed religious faith...because in the end faith is utterly meaningless. So you believe in one god instead of over 4000 separate Gods....because you have faith....faith does not equal fact. Faith does not equal truth. All faith is acceptance of an idea for which there is zero evidence and in many cases contradicts scientific theory, like evolution, which has been proven accurate over and over and over again.

Will science ever answer all of the questions? Of course not. But it’s a pretty good bet the world is more than just a few thousand years old.

We as humans choose where to place our faith and what to believe in. I choose what works for me and everyone else too....

Yes, humans feel a need to believe in something...but in the end truth is truth regardless what we believe or do not believe.
 jackal44
Msg: 413
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2019 9:09:41 AM
Hey Mods...Trollata here....I have said what I wanted for now...feel free to terminate;..you dumb fuks.. I'll be back in a few days...or maybe even tomorrow......ROFLMAO.

Ready . . . . delete ..... 3 2 1 GO
 jackal44
Msg: 414
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2019 9:19:26 AM
Still here...you guys are slow slow slow....

BRING BACK JOVAN
BRING BACK HOPELESS NUT CASE, I.E. SCREWED UP AND EIGHT, I.E. LITTLE RED RIDER
BRING BACK FLICK

Come on guys, this place is simply not as much fun as it once was.
 Double Cabin
Msg: 415
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2019 1:07:41 PM
With all due respect I find it laughable and comically insulting when any "Christian" tries to play any kind of victim card. As we all know Christian hypocrisy is driving today's Tea Party hijacked Republican Party where Ronald Reagan and Lincoln himself could not be elected. Objective Reality demonstrates that in the United States one is FAR more likely to suffer violent and deadly terrorism at the hands of white, often times "Christian" males than from Muslims, young black males, etc.

You don't want to be negatively judged for your faith in your mythology? Then for once and ever more grow up and set the bleeping Old Testament aside and put Christ back in Christianity. Stop exercising the compulsion of the incredibly destructive missionary mentality to divide and conquer and recognize today's rampant "Christian" hypocrisy for what it is. Stop ignoring the body of the Bible and cease your selective and ultimately inane ingestion of what it means to be a follower of Christ. Stop asserting a disgust with abortion while simultaneously tacitly supporting the separation of families, caging of children, and murder of civilians around the world. Stop indulging and excusing fascists with your silence like the President did in Charlottesville. Stop suggesting your faith should have anything to do with legal restraints on those that choose not to honor your mythology. Hike your own hike but remember if you insist on embracing and subsequently imposing the destructive missionary mentality you are no patriot and ultimately an American in name only. Freedom only rings when it rings for everyone.

There is nothing wrong with wanting a man with a true faith in Christ Shirley. Just remember there are many non-believers that are far more Christ-like than many self proclaimed "Christians." A Faith that can be and is constantly **stardized for deceitful agendas never deserves credence above the character of decency and understanding.
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 416
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2019 2:17:48 PM
"Stop asserting a disgust with abortion while simultaneously tacitly supporting the separation of families, caging of children, and murder of civilians around the world."

"Stop indulging and excusing fascists with your silence like the President did in Charlottesville"

Such false narratives. Disappointed in you, Mr. Double Cabin. I find you to be a very intelligent man and am surprised you don't hold yourself to standards becoming of such. :/
 purrfectionately
Msg: 417
Posted: 4/24/2019 2:33:02 PM
When someone in their 50's has never been in a lasting LTR (5 years or more) they are being judged by the world, not those whom they spew hate towards. Peace out~
 jackal44
Msg: 418
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2019 3:26:18 PM
Ms. KJ, there is a huge contradiction between those who profess to be followers of Christ and at the same time supporting Trump, who of course is about as un-christian as a person can be. Lets admit the only reason Christians support Trump is because he is installing highly conservative Jurists on the Supreme Court and Judges on the lower courts that are likely to support Christian values...you know the ones.... where intolerance against gays, and anybody else they find an abomination are not precluded by the Judges who hear those cases, instead tolerated under the guise of religious freedom.

When someone in their 50's has never been in a lasting LTR (5 years or more) they are being judged by the world, not those whom they spew hate towards. Peace out~

Why do I get a feeling your harangue was directed towards me? At any rate, for whatever reason, I can no longer see information on profiles, I am assuming you have to be a paid member these days to get that information? Anybody know?

And to Ms. Perfect...if a person has not had a relationship for more than five years or for more than a year...how is that a comment on their character? Is it not possible that some people simply never meet the right person....after all, is it not better to avoid relationships rather than being in a bad relationship? Your post makes no sense. If you were referring to me, relationship or not, you have zero idea about the quality of life experiences I have had.
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 419
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2019 3:41:56 PM
Mr. Jackal....

Your response is suggestive of the notion that you simply have no idea what being a Christian means. :)

Ps. I agree with the judical decision you are insinuating from a Constitutional perspective not a religious one. And am surprised at your opinion. Your biases are so blatant! Where is your objectivity where the law is concerned? Shocking!!
 jackal44
Msg: 420
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2019 3:55:48 PM

Your response is suggestive of the notion that you simply have no idea what being a Christian means. :)

I may have never been a Christian, but I have watched with interests Christians, like that clerk of Court in Alabama? who defied the US Supreme Court by refusing to issue a marriage license for a same-sex couple, or the one who refused to bake a cake? Obviously the clerk paid a big price..lost her tnext election and hit with a huge monetary penalty ....she deserved what she got. The baker won his case though....a slippery slope.

The point is that I see a huge problem is using the Constitution to justify discrimination under guises of Freedom of Religion. Practice your religion all you want, so long as you don't swing your arms so wide your fist collides with my nose. There are rational and reasonable balances...jews should be able to wear yarmulkes at work without losing their jobs....but they should not be able to interfere with the work of the business going on or to wear offensive clothing not in keeping up with professional appearances....

I have no biases when it comes to equality under the law... I don't know where that comes from....I believe in equality and justice for all. The way things are going now, some Christians are claiming they need not serve gays in their establishments because gays offend their religion....what if they take the same position with blacks? Do we go back to the 1950s where people are excluded and separated based on who they are and what they believe?
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 421
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2019 4:07:34 PM
"or the one who refused to bake a cake?"

This is incorrect. Facts matter.

"Christians are claiming they need not serve gays in their establishments because gays offend their religion"

Examples, please.

Also...does your "I believe in equality and justice for all" extend to Trump supporters, Republicans and Trump's admin?

Cause I sure did not hear your outrage when Sarah Sanders was forced to leave a restaurant. ;) ;)
 ForumLurker
Msg: 422
Posted: 4/24/2019 4:08:15 PM
ata,
You do not need to be a paid member to view full profiles. You do, however, now need to be logged in on the dating side to see the full profile.

They changed that a few weeks ago.
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 423
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2019 4:15:04 PM
Hmmmm.....so sad.
Two traumatized, bitter, angry men and two very classy and intelligent women.
Imagine lumping all us Christians in a basket along with Trump supporters and such.....Isn't that discrimination?
 jackal44
Msg: 424
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2019 4:16:35 PM

"or the one who refused to bake a cake?"

This is incorrect. Facts matter.

Ms. KJ, you can read the Supreme Court opinion for the actual facts. Nothing to argue over.
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/04/us/politics/supreme-court-sides-with-baker-who-turned-away-gay-couple.html

"Christians are claiming they need not serve gays in their establishments because gays offend their religion"

After the above Baker decision...anti gays were coming out of the woodwork all over the country and making that claim.

Also...does your "I believe in equality and justice for all" extend to Trump supporters, Republicans and Trump's admin?

I don't think trump supporters deserve special protected class status...do you?

Cause I sure did not hear your outrage when Sarah Sanders was forced to leave a restaurant. ;) ;)

I don't support that behavior from the "protesting", but when you are a vocal trump supporter lying on his behalf, you can't but help make enemies can you...I also don't believe Presidential press secretaries are a protected class.
 jackal44
Msg: 425
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2019 4:18:44 PM

You do not need to be a paid member to view full profiles. You do, however, now need to be logged in on the dating side to see the full profile

You mean the dating side has a separate Log in feature? If I want to post there, I have to somehow log in separately?

Hmmmm.....so sad.
Two traumatized, bitter, angry men and two very classy and intelligent women.

Very christian of you...to accuse men you don't know (don't know who the men you are referring to are...could be me for all I know)...of being bitter and angry....typical I suppose though.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Christianity and POF - Can they be combined?