Notice: Forums will be shutdown by June 2019

To focus on better serving our members, we've decided to shut down the POF forums.

While regular posting is now disabled, you can continue to view all threads until the end of June 2019. Event Hosts can still create and promote events while we work on a new and improved event creation service for you.

Thank you!

Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Christianity and POF - Can they be combined?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
Christianity and POF - Can they be combined?Page 19 of 23    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23)

It was the snoring wasn't it? I can't help that I have sinus issues!

No, I was actually impressed with your snoring. You managed to assign a pitch to each snore, and ended up snoring The National Anthem melody.

Incredible.
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 452
view profile
History
Christianity and POF - Can they be combined?
Posted: 4/25/2019 3:19:53 PM
^Thank you. I do so try to excel at whatever I do.

I should probably add your glowing praise of my unique talents to my profile....it might be just what helps change my status from Ms. To Mrs. ;)

vvvv No! Lol! Everyone knows about our forum meet & greet in Tampa. The snoring thing is a mildly contentious point between Mr. Pig and myself. He was the one snoring so loud he woke himself up and the SOB blamed it on little ole' moi! :)))

Oooh! I probably shouldn't swear in the the God thread. I'm gonna ask for forgiveness right now! And ask God to help him with his snoring issue while I am at it! ;)
 jackal44
Msg: 453
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2019 3:29:56 PM
^^^^ I'm thinking that you all mistakenly are making this public when you mean it to be private? I mean that could happen to anyone right :-)

Posted: 4/25/2019 3:41:25 PM
She's crazy. I have no idea who this woman is.
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 455
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2019 3:46:01 PM
^Crazy about you, Mr. Pig! ;) ;)

Don't make me sing Patsy Cline again!

Posted: 4/25/2019 3:50:09 PM
I won't. I want the poor birds to remain in flight, not crash to the ground.

:)
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 457
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2019 3:55:55 PM
^ Nor the Angels who would mistake my vocals for those that are only heard in the Heavens.

What can I say? I have many talents. I am blessed! :)

Clytemnestra
Msg: 458
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2019 4:12:20 PM
msg#451:
I was actually impressed with your snoring. You managed to assign a pitch to each snore, and ended up snoring The National Anthem melody.

I was quite impressed by a BF who as he belched >>

Cracked me up every time.
Miss you Fred.
 Clytemnestra
Msg: 459
view profile
History
Posted: 4/25/2019 4:14:57 PM
could not edit.
every time he belched he enunciated the words 'Burt Reynolds'

;-)
Posted: 4/25/2019 5:11:18 PM
Some might say that would make him a pig.

SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 461
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2019 8:23:30 AM

No? what is this other of whom you speak?

Re #442
Inicia....I don't identify with any of the words (others) except "pious" in the definition of the term "self-rightous" as posted in message 442.
 trinity818
Msg: 462
Posted: 4/26/2019 11:38:20 AM

Everyone knows about our forum meet & greet in Tampa.

Surely, you jest. Everyone? Full of yourself much?
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 463
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2019 4:23:34 PM
I am sure not everyone but probably 15 out of the 20 posters still left here. :)

"Full of yourself much?"

Why does it bother you?

BBEisBack
Msg: 464
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2019 5:42:07 PM
I think a bunch of the old timers here remember the Tampa get together.
I remember a bunch of posts/talk about it, at the time.
IIRC Tom and a Lady from NYC was there, too.
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 465
view profile
History
Posted: 4/26/2019 6:02:07 PM
^Oh Thank Goodness!

I should hate to think I was full of myself when I was simply having a bit of fun with Mr. Pig!

I miss the days when the forums could be fun and silly.

But I guess...nothing gold can stay. :/
Posted: 4/27/2019 7:05:19 PM

IIRC Tom and a Lady from NYC was there, too.

Yes. Belle. HawkingJr, too.

This coming June will make it 4 years ago that this took place. Wow.

FFS38
Msg: 467
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2019 2:43:08 PM
And the Lord blessed all those that had come together through Christianity (and POF) and he saw that it was good (mostly).
Posted: 4/29/2019 2:59:52 PM

Oh, boy. I just might have to post a picture from that night. I don't think there's any "God" that would have approved of where we went....haha.

Inicia
Msg: 469
view profile
History
Posted: 4/29/2019 4:59:43 PM
I don't identify with the others.....you? , self righteous "pious" true? your comment is ironic, beyond ironic is that even attempt to create some disclaimer towards my comment. the height if humor, tickled me pink!!😉🤣glad you are doing well sis!
 Seamist474
Msg: 470
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2019 7:01:22 PM
Msg. 466 at Mr. Pig

I remember that meetup too. Many of us were a little jealous. A bunch of us from the west coast were trying to meet up at about the same time as well - Ouija, Charmin, me, Bug and even Clooney, plus Walts and geez...what's his name from Vancouver, used to be on here all the time. The only ones that met up were Charmin and me and we had a great coffee that turned into a late lunch and afternoon of just yakking.

I would have thought it was longer than 4 years. I have met a few more from the forums in person.

Bluemoon
 cooldog65
Msg: 471
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2019 7:53:25 PM

I remember that meetup too. Many of us were a little jealous. A bunch of us from the west coast were trying to meet up at about the same time as well - Ouija, Charmin, me, Bug and even Clooney, plus Walts and geez...what's his name from Vancouver, used to be on here all the time. The only ones that met up were Charmin and me and we had a great coffee that turned into a late lunch and afternoon of just yakking.

Are you referring to butterchickenchuck? I miss my BC neighbors. Charmin had invited me, too.
 Seamist474
Msg: 472
view profile
History
Posted: 5/3/2019 8:38:20 PM
^^^^

Butterchicken Chuck - that was his name. And yes, I remember you were invited too. Too bad it didn't work out. You would have loved Charmin - she was stunningly beautiful and funny as hell. I miss those "old" timers, I'm sure you do as well. Clooney always cracked me up, Walts was wise and funny, Butter was witty. Wow, the years go by.

Bluemoon
Posted: 5/4/2019 8:40:37 AM

Too bad it didn't work out. You would have loved Charmin - she was stunningly beautiful and funny as hell.

Aaaaah, Posh Spice. She was on my Facebook at one point, but I think she deleted her profile a long time ago. I'm not sure.

I remember that meetup too. Many of us were a little jealous. A bunch of us from the west coast were trying to meet up at about the same time as well - Ouija, Charmin, me, Bug and even Clooney

I remember there being talk about that, but it didn't pan out. I initially wasn't going to go to the Tampa meetup, but KJ talked me into it and got everyone to agree to go to the place of my choosing. KJ was expecting me to be a total shithead in person, but ended up adoring me with every fiber of her being.
 Million_Reasons
Msg: 474
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2019 9:05:55 AM
"KJ was expecting me to be a total shithead in person, but ended up adoring me with every fiber of her being."

^True. I would like to come up with a snarky rebuttal...but I can't.

He is adorable! Great sense of humor, too! :)))
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 475
view profile
History
Posted: 5/4/2019 9:36:49 AM
Well now....it seems that I missed out on some good times.
DAY 74!!!
A 'Celebrate Recovery' group started up in a Church not far from me and has meetings each Friday. Basically an 'AA' group of Christians except that many more things than addictions to either alcohol or drugs is the focus. People are there to overcome recognized issues such as sexual abuse, sexual addiction, eating disorders, anorexia, even co-dependency and anger issues. After an hour long meeting, men and women separate into different groups for discussion and sharing. The reason for gender separation is to provide a safe place for all, particularly for those who have been sexually abused and for those who are sexually addicted.
I think that I will continue attending. The goal is to help resolve the issues that created the addictions and/or emotional issues, often closely related. It would be a good idea to attend with my daughter who attends now in Aurora through Teen Challenge.
Strangely, a man I met once through POF contacted me again and even stranger is a member of the Church hosting the function and who also attended. I don't think that is simply coincidence.....
Prayers. Have a lovely day!
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > Christianity and POF - Can they be combined?