Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Broke up over ED insecurity!?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
Broke up over ED insecurity!?Page 4 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
So? It happens late in life for a lot of men. What matters is whether they try to correct it or not. Be thankful *you* don't have to worry about something like that.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 77
view profile
History
Broke up over ED insecurity!?
Posted: 4/12/2019 8:47:49 AM
We all know that women have a Hell of a lot to worry about.
Posted: 4/12/2019 9:30:14 AM
Sure, but ED isn't one of them, and that's what this thread is about.
 spectravision
Msg: 79
view profile
History
Posted: 4/12/2019 1:56:00 PM

Having been messaging on the site to two new guys this week. Both have volunteered that they have ED.
WTF??

If they are recently joined users I would say they on a wind up. You can tell by the ID's at end of url in a browser.
 Jay6598
Msg: 80
view profile
History
Posted: 4/13/2019 10:03:13 PM
Well, I'm sorry this happened.
I think I have learned a couple of things along the way here.
One - if there's something important to discuss (ED would be one of those things) it's better to do it in person. No texting for important things.
Two - He clearly isn't communicating well. And it sounds like from your description and from the other commenters, that alot of men get very insecure about this, so maybe a little bit of a gentler, around a bit, kind of an initial question? Did you bring the subject up again at a later date? Or maybe when he said he wasn't ready to discuss that, you should have said, ok, we can talk about it next time we meet or let's talk about it in person, it's no big deal (pun)......

ach, if there isn't enough all ready to worry about............

What the heck is a wind up?
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 81
view profile
History
Posted: 4/14/2019 8:54:42 PM

Sure, but ED isn't one of them, and that's what this thread is about.

Apparently we do, or I wouldn't have started this thread.
We have to worry about an man's ED, how to respond, how he's going to handle it, if he can deal- and how it will affect us.

And, unfortunately, if a woman cannot become fully aroused or reach orgasm, "completed" intercourse can still occur.
ED, of a sort, is an issue for many woman, and always has been. It's just that society is not concerned enough about it to come up with a blue pill for women.

If a man has ED, and nothing has worked to treat it, is a woman just supposed to be basically serviced by the man in other ways?
Does she just roll over, and go to sleep?

Well, I'm sorry this happened.
I think I have learned a couple of things along the way here.
One - if there's something important to discuss (ED would be one of those things) it's better to do it in person. No texting for important things.
Two - He clearly isn't communicating well. And it sounds like from your description and from the other commenters, that alot of men get very insecure about this, so maybe a little bit of a gentler, around a bit, kind of an initial question? Did you bring the subject up again at a later date? Or maybe when he said he wasn't ready to discuss that, you should have said, ok, we can talk about it next time we meet or let's talk about it in person, it's no big deal (pun)......

ach, if there isn't enough all ready to worry about............

After I had asked him about E.D., he became really cold, and shut down. We never had another warm or affectionate interaction after that. We actually never saw each other again in p
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 82
view profile
History
Posted: 4/15/2019 11:16:55 AM

ED, of a sort, is an issue for many woman, and always has been. It's just that society is not concerned enough about it to come up with a blue pill for women.

ED isn't about a lack of sexual feeling or the unability to orgasm (although super strong ED will make it tough). It's about being fully erect. The female equivalent is being "dry". Easier to resolve with lube. Guys with ED wish all they had to do was throw some lube on to be 100% erect (even though it'd still be something they wouldn't Want to rely on).

If a man has ED, and nothing has worked to treat it, is a woman just supposed to be basically serviced by the man in other ways?
Does she just roll over, and go to sleep?

Which is why, in the end, your date just cut to the chase. You wouldn't have been happy, as most women wouldn't. He of course did it in an ugly way though.

But just like good estimate that the gal wouldn't end up being happy with the new guy she started dating if he had ED, I think another good estimate is that the guy didn't do everything he could have to treat it. The pill is no longer brand-name only, hence the commercials on TV to get a subscription for it -- it's cheaper now, too. Too many guys are shy to bring it up to their doctor. Your date was weird because it's not like things went down like that after just a 1st or 2nd date. If you're going to go out with the same gal for over a month -- you better have Mr Happy figured out. Otherwise, don't start dating anyone (yet).
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 83
view profile
History
Posted: 4/16/2019 11:42:17 PM

ED isn't about a lack of sexual feeling or the unability to orgasm (although super strong ED will make it tough). It's about being fully erect. The female equivalent is being "dry". Easier to resolve with lube. Guys with ED wish all they had to do was throw some lube on to be 100% erect (even though it'd still be something they wouldn't Want to rely on).

Incorrect, dude. The female equivalent of E.D. is just that- erectile dysfunction. It is is not being dry- it's disfunction of clitoral/vulvar/vaginal engorgement, due to circulatory and/or autonomic response issues.

"The neurovascular mechanism of clitoral erection: nitric oxide and cGMP-stimulated activation of BKCa channels."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15333581
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 84
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2019 7:12:38 AM
^^^^^
Spot on, Cinny!
That might be why the guy asked you about toys though....seems he may have been prepared to improvise?
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 85
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2019 7:12:59 AM
^^^^^
Spot on, Cinny!
That might be why the guy asked you about toys though....seems he may have been prepared to improvise?
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 86
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2019 12:49:58 PM

Incorrect, dude. The female equivalent of E.D. is just that- erectile dysfunction. It is is not being dry- it's disfunction of clitoral/vulvar/vaginal engorgement, due to circulatory and/or autonomic response issues.

Good expansion on it about the clit not sprouting out being a problem. But you're completely Missing the Point. :)

The female Equivalent -to the Male having ED- would be her being dry -- *in terms of being sexually satisfactory to the other*, in having sex. How erect a woman's clitoris is, that and that alone, bears no weight on the physical sexual satisfaction of the male when having sex with him. How erect a man's penis is, Does bear the weight on the physical sexual satisfaction of the female when having sex with her.

What does bear some weight on the male in terms of his sexual satisfaction of sex with her -- is dryness. I'm not talking about One's Own sexual satisfaction when having sex, but how it affects The Other, and the ability To have sex.
 adventurejoe70
Msg: 87
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2019 1:29:29 PM

incorrect, dude. The female equivalent of E.D. is just that- erectile dysfunction. It is is not being dry- it's disfunction of clitoral/vulvar/vaginal engorgement, due to circulatory and/or autonomic response issues.

How dare you say NG is incorrect. According to the holy llama(or C3PO), the probability of that is like 10 mil to 1! and calling him DUDE is like so 80's "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" . Mr NG may not want to share his pizza with you chicks! The blue pill is in aisle 11!
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 88
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2019 5:20:06 PM

The female Equivalent -to the Male having ED- would be her being dry

I beg to differ being a woman and all....lol
Dryness is easily corrected. Not much you can do with a limp wimp if medication is not helpful. Giggle, snort....."limp wimp".
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 89
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2019 6:06:20 PM

I beg to differ being a woman and all....lol
Dryness is easily corrected. Not much you can do with a limp wimp if medication is not helpful.

Uhhh, duh. Read above, my lady. Before her post. There is no "gotcha". That's EXACTLY what I was saying. :)
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 90
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2019 9:52:32 PM
^^^^
Oopsie.
Seems sort of convoluted and difficult to understand your point... must be me, however, I must still disagree that dryness is the equivalent of male ED which is what I am sure you maintain in your message #86, regardless of who is pleasuring who and how.
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 91
view profile
History
Posted: 4/17/2019 11:44:48 PM

I must still disagree that dryness is the equivalent of male ED which is what I am sure you maintain in your message #86

I wasn't saying it was the equivalent in curability or problem-solvability. In fact, I pointed out it's certainly not! :)

My point was that there's one Problem for each gender, that can heed The Other from having adequate sex with them: ED for men (heeds adequate sex for the gal), and substantial dryness for women (heeds adequate sex for the guy). It's equivalent in it's Effects -- in affecting the Other Person, was my point.

But the problem with the female being substantially dry -- lube can cum to the rescue with that. A guy Wishes that's all it'd take to solve his ED!

But yes, female clitoral ED, in and only of itself, is a separate problem -- but unlike substantial dryness or male ED -- it's not going to refrain the Other Person from having an adequate sexual experience. Although a gal with clitoral ED, I assume would be more apt to be in position to be too dry.
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 92
view profile
History
Posted: 4/18/2019 1:46:18 PM
^^^

My point was that there's one Problem for each gender, that can heed The Other from having adequate sex with them: ****ED for men (heeds adequate sex for the gal), and substantial dryness for women (heeds adequate sex for the guy). It's equivalent in it's Effects -- in affecting the Other Person, was my point.

I get your point, but I don't agree..

*****And when you talk about a man not being able to satisfy a woman due to E.D., that's not usually the case, either.
The vast majority of women cannot reach orgasm through vaginal intercourse alone.
Stats show that only 10 to 18% can.
I believe a man's E.D. affects a woman mentally/emotionally far more than it does physically.

And although adequate lubrication undoubtedly improves a man's experience, I do not believe his pleasure is dependant on it.

In that I am an RN, and an anatomy and physiology tutor of many years, your arguments don't convince me. :)

"Although approximately 90% of women report orgasm from some form of sexual stimulation, most women do not routinely (and some never) experience orgasm solely from sexual intercourse (Lloyd, 2005). By contrast, nearly 100% of men routinely experience orgasm solely from sexual intercourse."
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3894744/

"Eighteen percent of respondents said vaginal penetration alone was sufficient for orgasm,"

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/0092623X.2017.1346530
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 93
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2019 8:51:08 AM
^^^^^
YAY Cinny girl!!!!
Absolutely!
 _Cinnamon__Girl_
Msg: 94
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2019 11:01:32 AM
Thanks, Shirley. :)
 norwegianguy456
Msg: 95
view profile
History
Posted: 4/20/2019 11:29:43 AM

****ED for men (heeds adequate sex for the gal), and substantial dryness for women (heeds adequate sex for the guy). It's equivalent in it's Effects -- in affecting the Other Person, was my point.

That was My point, which you were refuting.

I get your point, but I don't agree..

No, you Don't get my point at all -- as That Was my point, silly! :)

But also added, a guy can't just apply lube to get himself hard to satisfy the woman (don't us guys wish, when we drink tooo much). A substantially dry woman can do that. My point was, the guy has the much harder (no pun intended) hill the climb; sometimes unable to if he doesn't have prescription-based help. Do you disagree with that?
 Flyrr101
Msg: 96
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2019 3:54:32 AM
I was having ED problems and started daily walking. Apart from dropping 35lbs, my erections improved 100%. There are many things guys can do to help ED. And girls, be sympathetic.
 SurelyIamShirley
Msg: 97
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2019 4:58:17 PM
^^^^
Good for you! Makes perfect sense Weight loss and exercise improved blood flow.....everywhere.....lol
I've experienced this.....showed him how to please me.....worked for him too!
 fullmoonguy2
Msg: 98
view profile
History
Posted: 4/24/2019 7:07:15 PM

There are many things guys can do to help ED.

The #1 thing being, getting together with a woman who gets you excited in the first place.
Show ALL Forums  > Over 45  > Broke up over ED insecurity!?